Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In mythic so far killed 7 bosses over 2 weeks, literally got the 2 items I did not need where as I'm still using 340 azerite items and others in the guild already have 2 385 1 370. It's a system that shouldn't be in Mythic progression its fine for Heroic and Normal, it actually makes you want to quit at points.

I'd much rather lose an item to Master loot and it go on some one where its a biggest upgrade but when you constantly see people already having 370 then getting lucky and getting the 385 version, it blows huge balls.

Great fucking system.

Most players don't know what being part of a guild means, thus personal loot is more appealing to them.

I don't think wow should be based on players like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    In mythic so far killed 7 bosses over 2 weeks, literally got the 2 items I did not need where as I'm still using 340 azerite items and others in the guild already have 2 385 1 370. It's a system that shouldn't be in Mythic progression its fine for Heroic and Normal, it actually makes you want to quit at points.

I'd much rather lose an item to Master loot and it go on some one where its a biggest upgrade but when you constantly see people already having 370 then getting lucky and getting the 385 version, it blows huge balls.

Great fucking system.
    which means it doesnt matter since you are already nicely progressing mythic regardless of what is dropping - exackly as intended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Most players don't know what being part of a guild means, thus personal loot is more appealing to them.

I don't think wow should be based on players like that.
    Indeed. That's the sad part.

No more guild drama - that's worth every inconvenience.

Deleted
    Personal Loot is the best decision Blizzard could make, the only people still whining about it are just butthurt they cant take loot away from others anymore.

I've seen my share of ninjaing in all forms, from pugs to guildruns, and please dont come lecturing me how guilds mean well, its their most precious officers and guildmaster first and foremost who had benefit from ML, Lootcouncil and what more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    I’m terribly sorry for the world you live in. Feel free to look for the real world though. It’s much better.

HAHA, if anyhing, ninja looters are very much a reflection of real world :P I can only imagine you being one of them and just trolling others

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLogic View Post
    Personal Loot is the best decision Blizzard could make, the only people still whining about it are just butthurt they cant take loot away from others anymore.

I've seen my share of ninjaing in all forms, from pugs to guildruns, and please dont come lecturing me how guilds mean well, its their most precious officers and guildmaster first and foremost who had benefit from ML, Lootcouncil and what more
    Don't be so angry with others for thinking your opinions and personal experiences are not objective truths.

They simply cannot recognize an omniscient being when they encounter one.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

HAHA, if anyhing, ninja looters are very much a reflection of real world :P I can only imagine you being one of them and just trolling others
    You've never been in a dedicated raiding guild. Loot is a great tool to push people to become better, and if they attain a certain standard and do well in raids/have high attendance they get rewarded. All postive and makes alot of sense. Then there are people that enjoy slacking refusing the become better and complain when they're not given loot. These are the only people that benefited from personal loot. That and those that only pug normal raids etc.

Deleted
    The guild is not my family, I don't want to get close to them and kiss ass. I just want to kill bosses and get personal loot.

I can see it's a big pain to those who replace RL interaction with some "guild" full of "friends"

Quote Originally Posted by Meatsack View Post
    You've never been in a dedicated raiding guild. Loot is a great tool to push people to become better, and if they attain a certain standard and do well in raids/have high attendance they get rewarded. All postive and makes alot of sense. Then there are people that enjoy slacking refusing the become better and complain when they're not given loot. These are the only people that benefited from personal loot. That and those that only pug normal raids etc.
    im glad you posted all the reason that blizzard stand against and why they changed loot to PL to get rid of exacly the kind of toxicity you describe in your post

thank you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    im glad you posted all the reason that blizzard stand against and why they changed loot to PL to get rid of exacly the kind of toxicity you describe in your post

thank you
    Where was the toxicity? Everyone in the guild I'm in and every good player in this game wants master looter back. Rng is a virus that kills the game and is probably a huge reason why the game's popularity has been declining so fast. But its true the majority of the players is made up by people who will never set their foot inside an serious raiding guild. And since they're the majority ofcourse blizzard is going to cater to their every need. I wonder why all the hardcore players have ditched the scene? It might have something to do with that they removed everything thats hardcore about the game.

No but in all honestly you only say that because you have also never experienced how effective master loot was, the most perfect tool in the game for managing people in the guild. You want to get the best gear? Sure! You just have to prove that you're the best player. Easy stuff!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Don't be so angry with others for thinking your opinions and personal experiences are not objective truths.

Yeah - I am sorry already

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post

I can see that you have a problem recognizing my state of mind when i wrote that post, I wasnt angry, didnt feel much at all actually, I was merely sharing my "personal" view on the matter, from personal experience which makes it true for me.
    Ofcourse i'm fully aware not everyone will share my opinion nor would i want them to although some people might have had a similar experience hence them defending personal loot and breaking down master loot while i'm also aware that the people who loved master loot wont be so happy to see it go because now they cant gear up as easily anymore , even with the help of a full guild that gladly gave up their own loot simply to make the master looter and his friends happy.

I'm sure there were people out there who used master loot in a good way but the fact is that too many people were abusing it for their own benefit and like all things in life, sometimes even what is good inherently has to go because certain humans exploit it for their own personal gain without regard towards other people.

Deleted
    I'm sure there were people out there who used master loot in a good way but the fact is that too many people were abusing it for their own benefit and like all things in life, sometimes even what is good inherently has to go because certain humans exploit it for their own personal gain without regard towards other people.
    I appreciate you taking a more leveled approach this time, but I would like to point out one think: do you have any proof of your claim here? Can you really claim to know that "too many" guilds using master loot abused it? And how?

My solution is a perfect one, bring back loot drops from all bosses, and keep personal loot too but reduce its drop chance a bit. Problem solved Blizzard implement it.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

My scrapper loves all the items I cant use. I mean others can use it but why bother when I can scrap it. ^_^ Doing what Blizzard intended.
    Xenodrake (Shadowpriest) <Infallible>US 7th (T13) US 12th (T12) US 7th (T11)

Anticipation of Death is worse then Death itself.

Personal loot is fine and good. The only change I would make is the ability to trade higher iLevel pieces for your offspec.

Master Loot did nothing but create drama and was a giant pain whenever I joined guilds that used it, and I am happy it is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatsack View Post
    Everyone in the guild I'm in and every good player in this game wants master looter back.
    I disagree 10char

Not sure why personal loot is a big problem. I can understand if you're killing that boss for the first time with your guild and want that loot to be given to someone else, but it only happen once : just keep that item in your bag and you will share pretty much anything for the next loots. If everyone can vouch the GM with Master Loot, then I don't see why they wouldn't vouch for their guild mates with Personal loot.

It also help a ton for every guild that has a greedy GM. And there are a lot of guild like this.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyridian View Post
    Personal loot is fine and good. The only change I would make is the ability to trade higher iLevel pieces for your offspec.

Master Loot did nothing but create drama and was a giant pain whenever I joined guilds that used it, and I am happy it is gone.
    Agree with all of this.