Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    .. Can already hear the rivers of people crying over horde/alliance end boss is too easy/too hard and the most important one: "Blizzard favoritise alliance over Horde and vice versa!" ..

Mark my words.

Deleted
    Neutral ones:
    1. Random dino
    2. Random Mogu
    3. Random spirit

Sounds like faction swapping wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    The thing I’m confused about is what would be considered as “the last boss” in there?
    Does it really matter, though? At the end of the day everyone fights the same bosses - perhaps just in a different order.

Lore-wise, the last boss is your factions final boss, for Alliance Rastakhan, for Horde possibly the Jaina encounter?

Gameplay Fight-order wise, we'll apparently fight the opposing factions bosses after we did our own, because its meant to be a flashback-type event. So you could swap the above infos if you want to.

What I wonder is if they race-swap us to make it a real flashback type of thing, that would be kinda funny.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2018-09-20 at 01:03 PM.

Maybe they'll do a Caverns of Time thing and make your character be the opposite Horde/Alliance for the last part? I dunno.

People, he is not asking how alliance is going to fight horde bosses and vice versa. He is asking how the fuck there are going to be bosses hostile to both sides.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    People, he is not asking how alliance is going to fight horde bosses and vice versa. He is asking how the fuck there are going to be bosses hostile to both sides.
    Zanchuli, Spirits, Wildlife, Mogu, haywire titanic wards. There's lots of stuff to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    Zanchuli, Spirits, Wildlife, Mogu, haywire titanic wards. There's lots of stuff to choose from.
    But why when this is supposed to be alliance sieging a horde-allied city. Why put some kind hostile-to-all filler into it.

Boss predictions

Giant T-rex / Giant Bony T-rex
    Giant Slime
    3x Alliance lieutenants (council-like fight)
    Event like Zul-Farak pyramid descent
    a Troll with a blood-god infestation or infusion
    A pirate with cannons and shit (or an admiral of some kind)
    Bowsamendi / Rastakhan infusion
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

But why when this is supposed to be alliance sieging a horde-allied city. Why put some kind hostile-to-all filler into it.
    In order to progress through the city, we must cross a previously untrodden, ancient part of Zuldazar. Full of dinos, loas, titanic watchers and shit.

Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Not really. More of an interactive flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    If you find a spooby skeleton t-rex in a side-passage under the city, it isn't going to scream 'for the alliance' now is it?
    I feel like this was /thread right here

Considering we know we'll be exploring unknown parts of the Zuldazar pyramid, I would assume whatever neutral bosses we face would be entities trapped within, probably Titan or Old God related.

At least, I hope so, 'cause even though the "Everything is Titan or Old God related" thing is starting to bore me, it'd be better than random wildlife or some shit going on a rampage.

While I understand some of the reasoning, I still think it is stupid as hell we will fight our own faction bosses as "bonus" content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    "All bets are off when the Iron Scourge row ashore at the Port of Zuldazar!"

Sets up AU Northrend 9.0
    Last edited by elaina; 2018-09-20 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    While I understand some of the reasoning, I still think it is stupid as hell we will fight our own faction bosses as "bonus" content.
    I like the idea, personally, as it opens up for a Raid more relevant to the faction war, which is supposed to be a major part of the story. While you could design the SoZ raid to be completely different for each faction that would just inevitably lead to outcry because Boss X is simmed to be 0,2% easier than Boss Y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    While I understand some of the reasoning, I still think it is stupid as hell we will fight our own faction bosses as "bonus" content."
    I do sort of agree in the way that it kind of defeats the whole "Faction pride!" thing when the full content of the raid involves playing as both factions, even by way of a "Flashback" kind of storytelling for game mechanics only.

But on the other hand, I don't see any other way they could do it. There's no way you can have a faction specific raid that only one faction can play in the way that endgame raiding is currently integrated into WoW's endgame. It'd be a huge minefield of issues.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Either way this whole thing turns out, I'm glad Blizzard tries to do something unique. Even if the raid ends up being a disappointment.

I understood it as like the Caverns of time dungeons, once you've done your 6 bosses, youll head to boralus where somebuddy tells you what happend when we were fighting the horde. I would guess we get an illusion cast on us so were fighting as horde vs Jaina in a flashback fight.

To my understanding, the full raid RUN will have 6 bosses, (3 bosses of the opposite faction, 3 boss both faction will fight in their raid) ; thus making it 9 unique bosses but each run will be only 6.

Thanks, I thought my question was quite clear but it doesn't seem so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by viridian-716 View Post
    To my understanding, the full raid RUN will have 6 bosses, (3 bosses of the opposite faction, 3 boss both faction will fight in their raid) ; thus making it 9 unique bosses but each run will be only 6.
    That's what I thought at first as well. 6 bosses: 3 Alliance + 3 Horde. But then it was said that there will be 9 bosses and I was like ??? because I must have missed the explanation why there are 9 and not just 6 boss encounters.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again