10+ Year Old Account

A completely new concept for WoW? Moba-styled raiding/pvp?

Hi! I have played WoW a long time and over the years, I have gotten so tired of the "mmorpg elements" so to speak, namely leveling, questing, gearing etc etc. What I love about the game is the actual end game content, raids and dungeons and some PvP. So leveling, gearing etc and preparing for these things is just a mean to an end and a waste of time to me. However, the raids are still amazing and to play a third person keymapping big-raid game is the most fun, and there are no similar games without the level parts.

I would love a new kind of WoW, a "moba-WoW". A WoW without the leveling and preparing parts, that focus 100% on endgame. That focus 100% on mechanics, skills and teamwork. No levels. No gear. Nothing outside the actual content. Imagine Overwatch, or Heroes of the Storm or non Blizard games like Dota2 or Paladins etc. An "instant action" game, where you just pick what you wanna play and get right to the bosses.

I would love a game, that works with like the following bolded steps after you start it.

Choose difficulty
    You choose what difficulty you want, either by todays names, Normal, HC, Mythic, or maybe by numbers 1 through 10 or something.

Choose size
    You choose from lets say 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 size raids or dungeons. If you are in a premade group, leader decide this, or you queue for a specific size.

Choose your Class
    Just like Overwatch and similar games, you simply pick your class. You can chose appearance (both gender, hair etc and transmog), and save it if you like.

Sort your keybinds
    You choose how to assign that class abilities to your hotkeys. You can save it so you don't have to set it every time.

Choose your Raid

The leader pick a raid they want to play, or you can queue for them as well (for lower difficulties).

Choose your Boss
    To customize further, you can chose what boss to play. Once you do, you are placed in that boss room with your raid and character, no trash etc. Instant boss.

Prep Time

In queued group you have lets say a set amount of minutes to adjust things, like changing last minutes keybinds etc. In pre-made groups, leader decide when to pull boss.

Boss Time

After some time, you can pull the boss and attempt to kill it. Maybe there is an assigned break between wipes in queued groups. In pre-made groups, leader decide such things.

Success
    The raid ends when you kill the boss. And lets say if you leave within a certain time, you get a penalty, to avoid instant leavers if queued group.

Rewards
    You get some kind of rewards for boss kills. Rewards would be skins (transmog) and similar cosmetic rewards. Either XP that help you unlock rewards over time, some currency for rewards, or the rewards directly, or even loot boxes. And of course, the harder the difficulty the better the reward as well as the faster you kill something the better rewards. There could also be "raid rating", the better you get the higher rating you get. On top of this, there would be leaderboards that people would want to push.

And this is how it would work. No CD on everything, but maybe diminishing rewards for doing same content. You could add PvP to the mix as well and it work the same. I would absolutely love a mode like this and it could actually be the future, if you look at what kind of games that are popular today.

What are your thoughts?

I expect a lot of negativity, because people fear new stuff, so if you are against it, please put some effort and explain.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    it's not new and it has already been done
    https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/
    and this is not where blizzard can legitimately use player ideas, you need to submit this recycled nonsense ingame in the suggestion box
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2018-09-20 at 12:59 AM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Hi! I have played WoW a long time and over the years, I have gotten so tired of the "mmorpg elements" so to speak, namely leveling, questing, gearing etc etc. What I love about the game is the actual end game content, raids and dungeons and some PvP. So leveling, gearing etc and preparing for these things is just a mean to an end and a waste of time to me. However, the raids are still amazing and to play a third person keymapping big-raid game is the most fun, and there are no similar games without the level parts.

I would love a new kind of WoW, a "moba-WoW". A WoW without the leveling and preparing parts, that focus 100% on endgame. That focus 100% on mechanics, skills and teamwork. No levels. No gear. Nothing outside the actual content. Imagine Overwatch, or Heroes of the Storm or non Blizard games like Dota2 or Paladins etc. An "instant action" game, where you just pick what you wanna play and get right to the bosses.

I would love a game, that works with like the following bolded steps after you start it.

Choose difficulty
    You choose what difficulty you want, either by todays names, Normal, HC, Mythic, or maybe by numbers 1 through 10 or something.

Choose size
    You choose from lets say 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 size raids or dungeons. If you are in a premade group, leader decide this, or you queue for a specific size.

Choose your Class
    Just like Overwatch and similar games, you simply pick your class. You can chose appearance (both gender, hair etc and transmog), and save it if you like.

Sort your keybinds
    You choose how to assign that class abilities to your hotkeys. You can save it so you don't have to set it every time.

Choose your Raid

The leader pick a raid they want to play, or you can queue for them as well (for lower difficulties).

Choose your Boss
    To customize further, you can chose what boss to play. Once you do, you are placed in that boss room with your raid and character, no trash etc. Instant boss.

Prep Time

In queued group you have lets say a set amount of minutes to adjust things, like changing last minutes keybinds etc. In pre-made groups, leader decide when to pull boss.

Boss Time

After some time, you can pull the boss and attempt to kill it. Maybe there is an assigned break between wipes in queued groups. In pre-made groups, leader decide such things.

Success
    The raid ends when you kill the boss. And lets say if you leave within a certain time, you get a penalty, to avoid instant leavers if queued group.

Rewards
    You get some kind of rewards for boss kills. Rewards would be skins (transmog) and similar cosmetic rewards. Either XP that help you unlock rewards over time, some currency for rewards, or the rewards directly, or even loot boxes. And of course, the harder the difficulty the better the reward as well as the faster you kill something the better rewards. There could also be "raid rating", the better you get the higher rating you get. On top of this, there would be leaderboards that people would want to push.

And this is how it would work. No CD on everything, but maybe diminishing rewards for doing same content. You could add PvP to the mix as well and it work the same. I would absolutely love a mode like this and it could actually be the future, if you look at what kind of games that are popular today.

What are your thoughts?

I expect a lot of negativity, because people fear new stuff, so if you are against it, please put some effort and explain.
    Not intereszed at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    and this is not where blizzard can legitimately use player ideas, you need to submit this recycled nonsense ingame in the suggestion box
    Heroes of the Storm is not a raiding game where you keymap 20+ abilities and move freely in a 3rd room. It's not even remotely the same kind of gameplay.

And I was just checking with this community to open a discussion, I will suggest this to Blizzard too but I doubt they read it.
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account

so you want a heroes of the storm 2

that has diablo features added into it

- - - Updated - - -

heroes of the storm only has 1mill players so it's not super likely they will invest in another moba
    what i see blizzard doing is slaughtering your recycled idea and then stitching parts of it into heroes of the storm as a major patch to entertain those 1mill players
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

So like a more complex monster hunter? Sounds fun, but you need a progression meter to keep people engaged. Mobas work because they are competitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 13udo View Post
    So like a more complex monster hunter? Sounds fun, but you need a progression meter to keep people engaged. Mobas work because they are competitive.
    A competitive scene already exist, just look at the world first races. Those are in the end about who can kill the bosses fastest, that's what interest people. With the system I suggested, you could skip right to the action and skip the level and gear up parts, and focus only on skill.

Leaderboards, or even rating could be a thing to motive players to keep doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

so you want a heroes of the storm 2

that has diablo features added into it

- - - Updated - - -

heroes of the storm only has 1mill players so it's not super likely they will invest in another moba
    what i see blizzard doing is slaughtering your recycled idea and then stitching parts of it into heroes of the storm as a major patch to entertain those 1mill players
    This is very, very different from Heroes of the Storm. Mostly cause WoW is in complete 3D and the movement options etc is extremely different from the topdown camera in Hots. Also, you have very limited abilities etc in HotS while you would keep all abilities and all speccs from WoW. Bindings, macros etc would still be a big thing.

And most importantly, it's mainly PvE, vs NPCS and not versus other people (but like I said, PvP could be added as well). 30 people vs a boss is a huge different from 5v5 PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

Choose your Class
    No thanks, it's an MMO and you're supposed to stick to your avatar/character.

People don't fear new stuff, they just don't like stupid ideas.

Deleted

I expect a lot of negativity, because people have the right to react negatively to retarded ideas
    No.

Reason: It's dumb and would get very boring, very quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadycharacter1 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

No thanks, it's an MMO and you're supposed to stick to your avatar/character.

People don't fear new stuff, they just don't like stupid ideas.

But why is it stupid? WoW is a huge game, and I think it's kind of unrealistic to like all of it. There are no other raid-mobas so to speak sadly and WoW has amazing gameplay.

Alot of people actually only care about end game, and to raid and do dungeons etc.

To keep mode like this any interesting they would have to release new boss almost every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    No.

Reason: It's dumb and would get very boring, very quickly.
    But what about the people who just rush to max level and gear and only do raids and dungeons that exist today? The concept of being a raidlogger, aka log out outside the raid fully ready for the next and only log in during raidhours, has existed since vanilla. Obviously some people only want to do the raids and don't care about the other aspects of the game.

It doesn't have to replace the current game, but maybe a new mode or side-game.

You are allowed to give ideas on the forums here, don't try to be a mod wannabe.

Heroes of the Storm is not a PvE raid-life experience, try reading the post before spewing nonsense.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

They actually tested DOTA in WoW several years back, and decided not to continue for some reason.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Defense_of_the_Alehouse

Didn't they want to do a MOBA style BG in MoP, but they scrapped it later?

mmorpg elements? this has been closer to a moba for a loooooooooooooooooong time bud. might wanna try a legit mmorpg. anything released prior to wow will do. options become much more limited afterwards due to everything trying to emulate wow in an effort to steal marketshare.

- - - Updated - - -

PS... then go play a freaking moba...