Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, North Korea suddenly sounds like a reasonable place now.

Quote Originally Posted by rsl View Post
    its only harrasment when Men do it
    I'm sure your edgelords sites have tons of sites ''proving'' that people randomly screaming online ''I'M GOING TO RAPE YOU'' is done by females…..

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Then don't taunt people.

Cleans up the streets AND makes the game a better place. What are we honestly losing other than absue?
    Taunting isn't and shouldn't be a crime, if it was, you all would be arrested.

How would I be arrested for taunting?

Unlike you, I'm not a sore winner. When I win at a video game, I move on. I don't feel some need to exert dominance over the loser.
    I only taunt when someone attacks me, if its a game like hearthstone, I don't use BM. But people who start shit I finish it hell yeah I'm going to taunt them. But you're deflecting from the OP, do you not think people get unfairly prosecuted under this law?

You guys realize sexual harassment is already a crime and no its not because you taunted some random person once. Every time this forum has a discussion about sexual harassment it always come down to children of troll thinking harassment is like hey i found someone and told them they were an asshole once! The definition of Harassment is REAPEATED

You meet women in one game, say shes a cunt, youll rape her: Not tasteful, but not harassment.

You chase her around the servers, track her down in forums and shit to continue talking to the person even though they keep blocking you: Harassment.

This is how the harassment laws that already exist work in all our countries. If you dont need to harass people in public, work, in your home. Why would you need to on the internet? Just talk shit to someone, then move on.

How will they be unfairly prosecuted?

If they simply play the game, nothing will go wrong. The moment they open their mouths to add anything additional, they have entered a legal grey area to begin with.

If it's that hard to keep your mouth shut, don't join voice chat. Nothing forces you to.
    How fascist of you, if you simply conform how we want you to be, you won't be persecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    How fascist of you, if you simply conform how we want you to be, you won't be persecuted.
    Your country already has laws against harassment. So does mine. How fascist?

A country shouldn't be making this a law in my eyes, game companies already punish people for harassment, sexual or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Your country already has laws against harassment. So does mine. How fascist?
    Get back to me when you followed the conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody's telling you conform. It's literally "Stop being a douchebag and you won't be treated like a douchebag."

If you're gonna be a douchebag anyway, you probably deserve being prosecuted for it. In which case, good on this law for stopping you. It can only make the game a better place.
    You think people being douchebags should be persecuted? I guess we need to conform, you would fit in well in China.

Nobody's telling you conform. It's literally "Stop being a douchebag and you won't be treated like a douchebag."

If you're gonna be a douchebag anyway, you probably deserve being prosecuted for it. In which case, good on this law for stopping you. It can only make the game a better place.
    To be fair, you left it opening your mouth will get you in trouble. Not being rude to people.

And I can tell you obviously are a ray of sunshine to play games with. Clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    A country shouldn't be making this a law in my eyes, game companies already punish people for harassment, sexual or otherwise.
    No, they don't. They only punish them if enough people report them, if you are the only one reporting them then nothing happens. You can have someone go on for a whole game in Overwatch talking about how he wants to rape you etc. If you're the only one reporting him, he won't ever be banned. This stupid automatic system requires several people in a short amount of time to report them. Most don't care to ever report.

If we discourage douchebags from being douchebags, how will I know who’s a fucking douchebag?
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

God I miss when only real gamers were on the net back in the 90s. Say whatever you wanted; it was awesome. Now they had to bring PC bullshit into my fun space.

Tell you what, I'll think that online harassment of women is an important thing right after they give up all the perks of being a woman. Things like not having to join the draft, living longer, being socially allowed to be a homemaker/dependent/stay-at-home parent*, and getting free shit/promotions/positive reviews/easier time from just being pretty. It's interesting how all that stuff NEVER makes it into the conversation, and it's always the pretty girls bitching, while the ugly ones are chill.

*=Despite the insistence that being a stay-at-home dad is now ok, men experience a lot of "You're a bitch for letting your wife support you / what the hell is wrong with your lazy ass for not working?" from society if they choose that route.

EVERYONE gets harassed online. There's a difference between little trolls throwing out insults they believe will stick, and being actually sexually harassed though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodaline View Post
    God I miss when only real gamers were on the net back in the 90s. Say whatever you wanted; it was awesome. Now they had to bring PC bullshit into my fun space.
    What fun has been lost? What type of fun are you talking about?

Things like not having to join the draft
    This is nitpicking, but in the U.S. at least, we don't have a draft. We have a registry, which people are trying to balance out by either eliminating the registry, or forcing women to be put on it.

living longer
    Interesting, but I don't know much about that.

being socially allowed to be a homemaker/dependent/stay-at-home parent*
    In the U.S., that shift is already occurring with more women entering, or have entered professional work spaces over the past 50 years. But I see that you do acknowledge this, so we're in agreement I believe on this one.

getting free shit/promotions/positive reviews/easier time from just being pretty
    I have literally been coasting through life on my looks and personality for longer than I can remember. And I am a man.

it's always the pretty girls bitching, while the ugly ones are chill.
    Hard to tell what one looks like through text or a voice chat. So this can't be accurate at all.

Despite the insistence that being a stay-at-home dad is now ok, men experience a lot of "You're a bitch for letting your wife support you / what the hell is wrong with your lazy ass for not working?" from society if they choose that route.
    The way I live life, is that I don't associate with such toxic people who think the way I live my life isn't the right way to do it. If I chose to be a stay at home husband, that is my own business. If someone wants to berate me for it, I simply won't associate with them.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Honestly wouldn't mind having accounts tied to social security numbers, instead of just making any number of throwaway accounts.
    Because attaching important personal information to an account online never led to any breaches or massive problems....

/s

i'm not sure any sane person would be happy to give authorities the power needed to enforce policies related to online interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I've been playing ESO for a while now. The guild I am in has quite a few women who mostly play DPS. One of them plays a Healer as an alt, and 2 of them have Tanks as alts. It's actually quite refreshing to see women not shoe horned into playing a healer. The women don't get any special treatment, and are not given any special privileges. We also have a strict 'No Harassment' policy which to my knowledge has not needed to be invoked so far since the people in our guild are mature, and kind to one another.

This is the way it should be. Everyone treated fairly, and with kindness.

That said, in other games i've played, I have seen the unwanted special treatment given to women by desperate men. And i've seen the blatant sexism (usually behind their backs). Much of what has been said in this thread is valid as I've seen it all. Even what dunhildas said is true too. I've seen very strong women in games tear men apart for being sexist, rude, or condescending.

It's a new world boys. Women share the gaming space equally now, and need to be treated just as any other gamer. Gender prejudice won't fly anymore, as well though, women shouldn't be shielded either unless there is evidence of harassment. But that goes for harassment against men as well.
    yep they get to be trash talked too on equal footing as any guy is. call them gay, fags, incels, cucks, bitches, malaka, anything and everythings is fair game because we are all equals.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    yep they get to be trash talked too on equal footing as any guy is. call them gay, fags, incels, cucks, bitches, malaka, anything and everythings is fair game because we are all equals.
    I'd personally rather no one trash talk in such a way, but fair is fair after all.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    What fun has been lost? What type of fun are you talking about?
    Barrens chat beech!