Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    I guess 3 random dinsaurs/spirits/whatever will be shared for both factions.

I also wonder how the 3 bosses for the other faction are going to work. It would be silly that competitive raiding is based on killing the end boss of your own faction since the way he said it implies that you won't have access to those 3 bosses until you defeat your 3 faction specific bosses. So the horde final boss will actually be a revival of Rastakhan's fight against the alliance instead of an actual fight against Jaina or will they find a better solution?
    Basically sounds like you'll find a survivor of the event that goes on for the other faction and he'll tell you a story of it, except you will be the bad guy in the story playing it out. So think Escape from Durnholde where we basically had costumes on if you didn't fit the lore. That's what's going to happen.

Also, the way he explained it, the last 3 bosses for the Alliance will be the first 3 bosses for the Horde. So basically, Alliance are the instigators, they fight their version of the raid, killing 3 Alliance only bosses and 3 neutral bosses (gold elemental is pretty much going to be one) at which point after Alliance finishes (with King Rhastakhan since he is a throw away boss to further his daughter's story) Horde shows up from the North, sees what happened with the King, then fights the 3 neutral bosses and 2 more Horde only bosses on the docks to chase the Alliance for what they've done, where it all culminates on the open oceans where the Horde fight Jaina (who will have conveniently lost all of her extreme powers she has shown over the years).

Then, after you have done your factions specific bosses, you'll get access to the other factions 3 "exclusive" bosses and get to do them in story mode basically.

It's going to be a nightmare balance wise and I can't wait to see the amount of rage when one side has a perceived win over the other at the end of it or bosses are easier for one faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    For example you kill all 6 Alliance raid bosses, then you go experience Horde part of the story by defeating 3 bosses from the opposite side is how I understand that.
    I'm super weirded out by that, honestly. Will they "transmform" us in the other faction races, like they do in "Escape from Durnholde"? Will be weird as fuck fight the Alliance bosses as an ally player.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    I'm super weirded out by that, honestly. Will they "transmform" us in the other faction races, like they do in "Escape from Durnholde"? Will be weird as fuck fight the Alliance bosses as an ally player.
    They will if that's how it's gonna play. It's gonna be some kind of a flashback.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Rastakhan is gonna be a shared boss apparently
    He is as it is supposed that Bwonsamdi is behind the reason why both factions fight King Rastakhan..

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    The thing I’m confused about is what would be considered as “the last boss” in there?
    That will be different for each faction and is going to give sites like raider.io and wowprogress.com fits, same for people judging progression based on points awarded by either site.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    The Alliance raid starts at the harbor, they battle three Alliance only bosses, they then work their way up to the top of the pyramid while battling three bosses that both factions will fight, the sixth and final of which will be Rastakhan who is likely to be empowered/possessed by Bwonsamdi. With Rastakhan dead, the Alliance will have claimed victory and begin retreating before the Horde forces arrive in bulk.

Horde will begin the raid on the other side of the city, they will rush up to the top of the pyramid while battling two of the shared bosses and then the possessed Rastakhan, they will then make their way down to the harbor while chasing after the retreating Alliance forces, along the way battling three Horde only bosses, the last of which is a naval battle against Jaina.

That's a six boss count per faction. After a certain point in the raid, an NPC will become available. Talk to them and you'll don costumes of the other faction and listen to the "witness" account of how the other faction fights occurred with you taking the role of the other faction. This will take the raid boss count to 9 for the whole raid, but 6 per faction.

And the bosses will have a different order depending on faction because this raid has a time table where the Alliance attacks first and then the Horde responds second.

There's a little speculation in there, but it should be close.
    Yeah that is pretty much how it is spelled out in this video..

The raid is 6 bosses for each faction

3 of those bosses are limited to a single faction Alliance fight Rastakan, Horde fight Jaina among others

3 bosses are killed by both factions

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Basically sounds like you'll find a survivor of the event that goes on for the other faction and he'll tell you a story of it, except you will be the bad guy in the story playing it out. So think Escape from Durnholde where we basically had costumes on if you didn't fit the lore. That's what's going to happen.

Also, the way he explained it, the last 3 bosses for the Alliance will be the first 3 bosses for the Horde. So basically, Alliance are the instigators, they fight their version of the raid, killing 3 Alliance only bosses and 3 neutral bosses (gold elemental is pretty much going to be one) at which point after Alliance finishes (with King Rhastakhan since he is a throw away boss to further his daughter's story) Horde shows up from the North, sees what happened with the King, then fights the 3 neutral bosses and 2 more Horde only bosses on the docks to chase the Alliance for what they've done, where it all culminates on the open oceans where the Horde fight Jaina (who will have conveniently lost all of her extreme powers she has shown over the years).

Then, after you have done your factions specific bosses, you'll get access to the other factions 3 "exclusive" bosses and get to do them in story mode basically.

It's going to be a nightmare balance wise and I can't wait to see the amount of rage when one side has a perceived win over the other at the end of it or bosses are easier for one faction.
    It will be very interesting indeed, but what makes it so very interesting is that this is the first time Blizzard have made a raid like this.. If Blizzard can pull this off it will be a raid to remember..

7+ Year Old Account
    I won't do it if jaina is gonna die she be my waifu cant wont do it.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I won't do it if jaina is gonna die she be my waifu cant wont do it.
    I think this is the big sticking point at the moment, no one knows what Blizzard have up their sleeve.. Because I just see it as bad to have built her up so much in the short time the xpac has been going only to kill her off.. Predictions are that if they do then it would likely piss off a lot of people who have grown to love Jaina..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I think this is the big sticking point at the moment, no one knows what Blizzard have up their sleeve.. Because I just see it as bad to have built her up so much in the short time the xpac has been going only to kill her off.. Predictions are that if they do then it would likely piss off a lot of people who have grown to love Jaina..
    Do you actually believe they are gonna to kill Jaina? They even said in an inteview Sylvanas wouldn't be Garroshed and they even went into a lot of troubles to bring Illidan, Turalyon and Alleria back(without mention the lots of request to bring kaelthas and Arthas back) they know the rts characters will always sell more than their bland wow original characters(anduin, talanji, thalysra, mayla and baine are boring as hell).

I even predict in the encounter will be about surviving tides of enemies or jaina summon a big ass elemental while she launchs arcane missiles toward the raid ala Mannoroth fight in hellfire
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Illusions, what are they hiding. Alliance gets to look like horde and do their side, and vice versa.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    It will be very interesting indeed, but what makes it so very interesting is that this is the first time Blizzard have made a raid like this.. If Blizzard can pull this off it will be a raid to remember..
    Agreed. I think either way it goes down it will be a raid to remember; HOW it's remembered we will see though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Does it really matter, though? At the end of the day everyone fights the same bosses - perhaps just in a different order.

Lore-wise, the last boss is your factions final boss, for Alliance Rastakhan, for Horde possibly the Jaina encounter?

Gameplay Fight-order wise, we'll apparently fight the opposing factions bosses after we did our own, because its meant to be a flashback-type event. So you could swap the above infos if you want to.

What I wonder is if they race-swap us to make it a real flashback type of thing, that would be kinda funny.
    I’d say it matters because I like a raid to get progressively more difficult, not fight the hardest boss and then fight the easiest boss after. Personally I hope that it ends up that the last few bosses are the same for everyone. I really think the first six should be the faction specific ones, you swap after your three, then you fight the 3 shared ones.

The math is right, there are three bosses that both will have, three bosses that only one faction will have, and then the other faction gets to kill their own guys "for funsies."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The math is right, there are three bosses that both will have, three bosses that only one faction will have, and then the other faction gets to kill their own guys "for funsies."
    Which means there will be no way to balance it between factions. But hey, maybe that's one of the reason we have faction divided mythic leaderboard right now?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Which means there will be no way to balance it between factions. But hey, maybe that's one of the reason we have faction divided mythic leaderboard right now?
    It will all depend on what they deem to be a "world first." One would expect it to mean that all 9 bosses are taken down, instead of just the final boss for the faction.

This was an issue in a previous expansion, where one of the bosses was skipped by a guild.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    One of the neutral bosses could be Hakkar again who is missing still. And we even killed the thing keeping Hakkar from being summoned in Zandalar in the King's Rest dungeon.
    Just let it go man...Hakkar isn't coming back

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    I’d say it matters because I like a raid to get progressively more difficult, not fight the hardest boss and then fight the easiest boss after. Personally I hope that it ends up that the last few bosses are the same for everyone. I really think the first six should be the faction specific ones, you swap after your three, then you fight the 3 shared ones.
    That won't happen. The story focus of the raid is the faction war. You cannot have that with generic shared dino bosses as the final encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    They've already stated specifically that King Rhastakhan is the final boss for the Alliance, but the mid-point for the Horde and Jaina is the final boss for the Horde.

What I want to know, though, is if Rhastakhan is the final boss for the Alliance and the mid-point boss for the horde... then will the fights be different? Or will the Horde have to fight two "final boss" level bosses in the raid?