Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Imo fortified has become much harder than tyran weeks. It was flip flopped in legion but I fucking HATE fortified weeks now. Especially with teeming.

I don't get the swap of the main affixes from last xpac to be the first affixes this xpac. They are the most difficult and now they increase with each level of the key? No Bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I'm more wondering how do people do the double matron + mask pack that now exists from both sides before first boss. I did underrot +9, matrons are un-cc-able, we tried to hero through it, failed, and decided to invis it. I wonder whether anyone found a better solution to them.
    Mask can be banished, and so can many other mobs in underrot. A warlock can be useful for cc there (unlike in other dungeons).

Teeming and bolstering are on the same tier so you won't ever get them together.

Thankfully

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    People often underestimate or ignore trash mechanics, this week you are heavily punished if you do. Stuns, interupts, cc, los and pulling groups backwards helps a lot. Many wont bother with any of that.
    Can confirm. Did Motherlode 7 last night at got frozen from Spritzer like 3 times in a row on one pack. We might have died considering I was the healer. No heals equals dead tank.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

The problem isn’t the teeming part. It’s the fortified part. That shit needs to be nerfed a bit. This isn’t legion where everything can be CC’d and only a few mobs in the dungeons have special attacks.BfA dungeon trash is retarded enough without being steroided out by this stupid affix.
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    what's your characters name?
    Impulsikk /10chrs

It wasn't the highest score I had so you have to go to the drop down.. and see it was 1 day ago.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Personally, I'd rather have more dungeons that are interesting and challenging throughout instead of this "Go, Go, Go!" attitude that Mythic + emphasizes. But those days appear to be gone.
    Can you give an example of what this looks like in your eyes?

How can you make something challenging but not have a time limit?

Notice that even on week 1, people "completed" +13's or higher, even though they took 4-6 hours to do it. Is that the type of dungeon/tuning that you would be looking for?

This thread brings joy to my heart.

This week is excellent for Resto Shaman. Ion told us they're sleeper OP. They're shit in raids, sure. Their niche is 6+ people constantly taking damage below 30% health standing in their healing rain, and even then they're beaten by priests. They won't be buffed because they're really behind but if they get buffed they'll just be OP. Now we have an affix that forces everyone to spread out then take big chunks of damage on top of everything else happening while the tank has a 12 inch horse-sized dildo shoved up his ass repeatedly. That's fine, resto shaman has incredibly OP tank healing and can simultaneously tank heal and heal the party so this isn't a problem. What's that? Quaking also locks you if you don't stop casting? That's also fine, Shaman has loads of instants and externals to keep the tank alive while waiting for quaking. It can do this really cool thing where they drop a link totem that mitigates a little damage and redistributes health so the tank being hit can bring the entire party down to 40% HP then quaking will bring everyone down to 10% and then Shaman will just pop CDs and everyone will be 100% again! Super OP!

But hey, guys, resto is actually good in PvP, so everything's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Personally, I'd rather have more dungeons that are interesting and challenging throughout instead of this "Go, Go, Go!" attitude that Mythic + emphasizes. But those days appear to be gone.
    I like that too except

1. M+ is largely dependent on timer. You can’t get max chest unless you can beat timers because you’ll never get a 10 key if you can’t 3/2/1 chest a 7/8/9.

2. There shouldn’t be such a large disparity in weekly affixes. Some variance in difficulty is fine, but this is huge.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should add bursting or grievous to make sure I'll never queue for any of that on my healer

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Teeming in most dungeons in BFA is like, if you had to face the pack after the first boss in HoV on teeming, but on pretty much every teeming pack in the instance. Oh, and without the ability to realistically kite like you could in Legion or to AoE CC like you could as well lol.

Teeming in Legion was a mild nuisance. In BFA it's awful because a lot of you can't ignore, tanks are nerfed, AoE CC is nerfed, and a good portion of the trash can't be crowd controlled anyway. Add in infested to the mix at 10, and it's crawl of a pace.

Fortified feels like shit this expansion. Tyrannical in Legion was only bad by comparison because you started to reach levels where some classes simply couldn't survive. That will be the case with BFA as well, but the difference is bosses are mostly scripted and you know when your time has run out in regards to defensive abilities before you die. In Legion fortified was never a problem because 95% of trash could be snared and group kited, and the amount of trash with dangerous abilities was completely limited. You generally had enough interrupts to cover dangerous casts, and enough room to kite if your heart desired.

BFA is different for multiple reasons. A lot of instances are far too cramped, tank threat is actually a thing, and the ability to kite is severely limited. Frost mage snare is really strong, but unlike Legion, a lot of mobs are actually immune to snares (or any form of CC). What this forces you to do is deal with trash that all have unique abilities (things to dispel, interrupt, stun/disrupt, enrages, blow up, drop threat, group buff friendly targets, group debuff you, etc), and there is no shortage of trash that has unique abilities this expansion. Some of the damage, even on small packs is pretty absurd, as you literally can't cover every interrupt. Some of the trash actually feels like mini tyrannical bosses TBH, lol.

The perspective of a prot warrior during fortified teeming week:

Me: Alright guys, teeming is a lot harder than it was during Legion.
    Them: It's fine just pull big.
    Them: Why are you taking so much damage?!?!?! Do you even shield block bro?!?!?
    Me: Yeah, pretty much on CD with a couple exceptions
    Them: Use fucking Ignore Pain Bro!
    Me: I'm literally dumping all of my rage into Ignore pain and Shield Block and I'm rotating all of my cds.
    Them: You're fucking shit bro.

Group disbands

This is a hard week without a well coordinated group with some solid gear and as a prot warrior it's a total nightmare to try push anything +10 or higher.

Well teeming and tyrannical wouldn't make much sense would it?

No, but then again, i hate 99% of M+ combinations. The affixes serve no purpose other than to make the game tedious. If they were added to make the repeatable content more fun, then have actual fun affixes - give us one that randomly procs an 50% haste , crit , verst or mastery increase, but compensate by giving everything 20% more hp. Or have one that makes all of our single target spells cleave, but make all the trash have triple hp.

Those are fun.

Stopping casting because quaking is around isn't. Neither is kiting mobs cause of necrotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangdingow View Post
    The perspective of a prot warrior during fortified teeming week:

Me: Alright guys, teeming is a lot harder than it was during Legion.
    Them: It's fine just pull big.
    Them: Why are you taking so much damage?!?!?! Do you even shield block bro?!?!?
    Me: Yeah, pretty much on CD with a couple exceptions
    Them: Use fucking Ignore Pain Bro!
    Me: I'm literally dumping all of my rage into Ignore pain and Shield Block and I'm rotating all of my cds.
    Them: You're fucking shit bro.

Group disbands

This is a hard week without a well coordinated group with some solid gear and as a prot warrior it's a total nightmare to try push anything +10 or higher.
    I am numb to the pain now

Don't forget guys, these dungeons were designed with Mythic+ in mind! Thanks Blizz!

10+ Year Old Account
    This week is idiotic. Atal'Dazar +10 - one of the easiest instances - gave our group a severe case of PTSD.

It's pretty bad compared to last week, and it also seems pretty buggy. There were huge differences in teeming packs between Atal'dazar 8 and 9, the 9 key had massive teeming packs just going left from the start while the 8 key spawned just like a regular Mythic in that area.

On top of that, pulling a single Bomber in Siege of Boralus (Alliance) automatically pulls the pack at the end of the harbor area up the stairs (150 yards away) which ends up bringing the whole trash with it. Pulling that pack ends up pulling both bombers below you. The only way to really complete that area safely seems to be to go below Our +10 took 1h1m because we spent a few pulls in the start figuring that crazy shit out haha!