Poll: Did Blizzard knew, that BFA was going to be bad in advance?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Oh I see what blizz did here.

They paid the shills to say good things about the game, about 65.90 euros each. Then those shills used it on the Dreadwake.

Best business model ever!
    lololol yeah no, if they did we would have to say so, and god no i wish blizzard paid me.
    but nope, we are just happy we got a mount for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The time line where they probably knew it would be bad as an expansion launch is when they ran out of time to rework classes and the release date was pushed up by a month.

Back in Jan of 2018 the WoW devs were all chill and by June of 2018 they were scrambling like kids in detention.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lololol yeah no, if they did we would have to say so, and god no i wish blizzard paid me.
    but nope, we are just happy we got a mount for free.
    Hehe, indeed :P

Mount is awesome! My only "letdown" is that it doesn't have fast swimming speed. But still prefer it in water over the waterstrider because of coolness!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What are you talking about? You don't need Warmode on to do the War Campaign. You can go to the enemy territory completely PvP free. There is no "forced PvP".
    Turn WarMode off and then type /pvp to your chat. See? PVP flag is still there. And you still can be PVP flagged on every corner, while doing War Campaign on enemy territory. And any player from other faction, hanging around, can easily PVP-flag himself and kill you, while you deal with mobs. Dunno about you, but for me PVP flagging means instant HSing to capital city. Yeah, it happens from time to time, nothing bad, but I just can't do it every 5 minutes. And after I couldn't get from west part of Drustvar to the east one without being PVP flagged, I decided, that this xpack isn't for me, sorry. Dal Sewers and bugged FFA PVP zone in Valsharah were enough for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    We did datamine the pirate "180 day bonus" back in june, if you want i can link you to the wowhead article, so it was planned back then.
    Also no, trying to get people to buy 6 months instead of 1 month.
    this mount is not going to make people who decided "i am going to quit" to stay...
    And I was playing Alpha/Beta back then and already knew, that this xpack would fail, so what? If I knew that for sure, why do you really think, Blizzard didn't?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Turn WarMode off and then type /pvp to your chat. See? PVP flag is still there. And you still can be PVP flagged on every corner, while doing War Campaign on enemy territory. And any player from other faction, hanging around, can easily PVP-flag himself and kill you, while you deal with mobs. Dunno about you, but for me PVP flagging means instant HSing to capital city. Yeah, it happens from time to time, nothing bad, but I just can't do it every 5 minutes. And after I couldn't get from west part of Drustvar to the east one without being PVP flagged, I decided, that this xpack isn't for me, sorry. Dal Sewers and bugged FFA PVP zone in Valsharah were enough for me.
    I seriously have no idea what you're talking about. I've been in the zones for hours and never once been forced to PvP. This sounds like a bug on your end. I suggest reporting it to Blizzard.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I think "bad" is the wrong word to describe it. They definitely KNEW it would be riddled with bugs though. I'm guessing their shareholders/Activision was pushing them for a release that was probably like 2 months ahead of what they'd like it to be. This should have been an Oct release, not Aug.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

And I was playing Alpha/Beta back then and already knew, that this xpack would fail, so what? If I knew that for sure, why do you really think, Blizzard didn't?
    Lolololol you are just, really, really bad at the game...
    and yeah you are also just really showing your bias, i mean look at your fucking name,, no one is going to take anything you say with anything other then you wanting to fabricate drama to prove yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Hehe, indeed :P

Mount is awesome! My only "letdown" is that it doesn't have fast swimming speed. But still prefer it in water over the waterstrider because of coolness!
    Yes it is quite sad it does not have surface swimspeed increase, cause it has a special surface swimging animation compared to the airship.
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Begging the question much?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    Of course they did. Otherwise they wouldn't have released BFA before it was even completed, and made people pay full price for it...

- - - Updated - - -

Loyal to a company that straight up lies to your face, treats you like their personal piggy bank, and makes you pay for a game that is broken and unfinished.

You must be such a proud little shill...
    I like bananas, Chiquita must love me being their shill of a piggy bank by offering me bananas, and tie in promotions when you buy a bunch of them.

Deleted
    Even if they say it was planned in advance, doesn't mean that's true.

You know, here Blizzard claim, that promotion was planned long time ago, so it's clear indication, that it's not tied to current loss of subs. But... What if Blizzard simply knew in advance, that xpack was going to be bad? You know, they actually had Alpha/Beta feedback and they actually experienced enough to know, whether game, they develop, is good or bad.

UPD

Why it's tinfoil, if it's obvious thing? If you'd dig this forum, you'd probably find some old threads, where we warned you, that datamined half-year sub meant, that xpack was obviously going to fail. Blizzard are experienced enough to realize, that they're making filler xpack. Especially, if it's their initial plan. You know, they have been developing this game for 14 years. Ask yourself, how can they make exactly the same mistakes again, again and again then?

UPD2

It's also right moment to implement such promotion now, cuz all players, who have bought BFA + 1 month of sub, have their sub lapsed by now.
    Sorry if anything it is a good plan to keep momentum going. It is not the first time they have done this, D3 free with 1 yeer subscription. SO far I have thoroughly enjoyed this xpac, the first released raid is challenging and fun, they have added things to do, they have made PVP rewarding and kept the momentum going from the last xpac and fixed some of the terrible parts(lego's). There fore your poll is terribly designed as there is no options for people who think the game is not a failure and if anything should be locked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    I like bananas, Chiquita must love me being their shill of a piggy bank by offering me bananas, and tie in promotions when you buy a bunch of them.
    When you get bananas, you get bananas. When we paid full price for BFA, we got half of BFA. Nice try, but your analogy doesn't work.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Sorry if anything it is a good plan to keep momentum going. It is not the first time they have done this, D3 free with 1 yeer subscription. SO far I have thoroughly enjoyed this xpac, the first released raid is challenging and fun, they have added things to do, they have made PVP rewarding and kept the momentum going from the last xpac and fixed some of the terrible parts(lego's). There fore your poll is terribly designed as there is no options for people who think the game is not a failure and if anything should be locked.
    They did it at the end of xpacks only, when they needed to keep players subbed for more than a year without new content to do. So, here is the question - what's the purpose of such promotion now, if players should have enough content to play now? Isn't it clear indication, that 8.1, despite of being announced, will actually be delayed and won't be released within more than 6 months? Or may be Blizzard understand, that 8.1 is clearly not enough to keep this xpack afloat, as there nothing new will be added there, except even more content, similar to current one, that is obviously very flawed.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    And what if you're right? What if they knew it was bad and this is a way to keep people? What then? I'll tell you what then: nothing! It doesn't matter why they did what they did. Buy 6 months and enjoy the mount, or don't. Play if you like the game, quit if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    When you get bananas, you get bananas. When we paid full price for BFA, we got half of BFA. Nice try, but your analogy doesn't work.
    Technically, I am getting access to content I pay for, so yeah it does.

Unless your understanding of the term of "value" is the defacto decision for everyone.

Your paying for bananas and expecting the whole fruit basket is what I am reading, sans bananas.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys see evil everywhere, dear god.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Of course they knew. I would hazard a guess that they knew in alpha that they didn't have enough time to make a decent expansion. They know they can't produce quality expansions at the rate the suits have set them. So I imagine they did switch to time-gating and baiting people into longer subs in order to pad out their numbers.

But hey if some of you are enjoying it that's great. I just kinda pity the many players (some friends I know) who still sub because their guilds depend on them even though they hate the direction of the game.

They did it at the end of xpacks only, when they needed to keep players subbed for more than a year without new content to do. So, here is the question - what's the purpose of such promotion now, if players should have enough content to play now? Isn't it clear indication, that 8.1, despite of being announced, will actually be delayed and won't be released within more than 6 months? Or may be Blizzard understand, that 8.1 is clearly not enough to keep this xpack afloat, as there nothing new will be added there, except even more content, similar to current one, that is obviously very flawed.
    SO you are going with a bunch of assumptions. From what I see is that there will be plenty of content as M+'s are still not being cleared in high numbers by much of the community, PVP season just started, many people have not completed the rep grinds yet. Look they are already planning 8.1 with coming class changes including some reworks(eShaman). This is a smart idea as the highest sub time is through the winter months anyways to have the subs guaranteed through this time because there will always be drop off but this can mitigate it with providing something that has minimal cost to them. SO please provide so hard evidence and they have only done it once in the past.......So here is the question.......where is some actual proof to back up your claims or move along as WoW is not dead but your argument is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    SO you are going with a bunch of assumptions. From what I see is that there will be plenty of content as M+'s are still not being cleared in high numbers by much of the community, PVP season just started, many people have not completed the rep grinds yet. Look they are already planning 8.1 with coming class changes including some reworks(eShaman). This is a smart idea as the highest sub time is through the winter months anyways to have the subs guaranteed through this time because there will always be drop off but this can mitigate it with providing something that has minimal cost to them. SO please provide so hard evidence and they have only done it once in the past.......So here is the question.......where is some actual proof to back up your claims or move along as WoW is not dead but your argument is.
    My assumptions aren't any worse, that assumptions of guys, who claim, that if this promotion was datamined 3 months ago, then it isn't tied to dramatic loss of subs, we have now, while Blizzard have 14 years of experience in game development and always clearly understand, when they make bad xpacks, cuz they always make them intentionally - due to lack of resources or resources, moved to development of next xpack or even another game. I'd bet, that this xpack is so bad, cuz some resources were moved to development of Vanilla servers, that most likely will be announced on Blizzcon, so Blizzard think, that Vanilla hypetrain will all of a sudden make all players happy. And I also think, that BFA has some experiments with Vanilla features, such as longer leveling and weaker classes, as Blizzard like to perform paid Beta tests on live servers too much. For example WOD was obviously paid Legion Beta test. If things, like longer leveling, won't retain any players, Blizzard will most likely nerf Vanilla leveling, as nobody would play it otherwise, or even abandon Vanilla development, if it isn't just myth, used as dirty marketing move (as Titan for example, that was used to justify lack of investment into improvements of Wow, but obviously has never existed) to trigger some nostalgia, cuz I really think, that all this drama around Vanilla servers was created by Blizzard themselves.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2018-09-21 at 04:25 AM.

My assumptions aren't any worse, that assumptions of guys, who claim, that if this promotion was datamined 3 months ago, then it isn't tied to dramatic loss of subs, we have now, while Blizzard have 14 years of experience in game development and always clearly understand, when they make bad xpacks, cuz they always make them intentionally - due to lack of resources or resources, moved to development of next xpack or even another game. I'd bet, that this xpack is so bad, cuz some resources were moved to development of Vanilla servers, that most likely will be announced on Blizzcon, so Blizzard think, that Vanilla hypetrain will all of a sudden make all players happy. And I also think, that BFA has some experiments with Vanilla features, such as longer leveling and weaker classes, as Blizzard like to perform paid Beta tests on live servers too much. For example WOD was obviously paid Legion Beta test. If things, like longer leveling, won't retain any players, Blizzard will most likely nerf Vanilla leveling, as nobody would play it otherwise, or even abandon Vanilla development, if it isn't just myth, used as dirty marketing move (as Titan for example, that was used to justify lack of investment into improvements of Wow, but obviously has never existed) to trigger some nostalgia, cuz I really think, that all this drama around Vanilla servers was created by Blizzard themselves.
    Tinfoil hat meet crazy millennial...... Still waiting for any proof......you just spouted off a bunch of assumptions and what ifs........