Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    There's a black market for everything. Yes, cigarettes too.
    oh I must have missed all the drive by killings over Marlboro packs back in the 90's.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2018-09-20 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    Alcohol has had far more research put into it and the dangers behind its abuse. Cannabis hasnt

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There's a reason why stoners are portrayed has buffoons. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ing-teen-brain
    We are talking about adult use I thought? In a legal environment? No one responsible suggests kids should be doing it. SO, your link is moot to the discussion. An adult using Cannabis will suffer no long term effects to the brain. However, drinking KILLS brain cells, shit I bet even breathing the fumes kills brain cells.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I should add that LSD made me Quit drinking, Stop smokign weed for few months, Clean my diet Start Excersizing going from 30kg overweight to 21 BMI. If not for acid id probobly would need new liver by now :P

Advice from long therm smoker ?? If You want to do ANYTHING ona given day.... DONT SMOKE for me ir was always day over if i smoked in the morning on saturday lol.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alcohol is for sure more dangerous.

Unless you have an intolerance to it, alcohol drank in moderation can be healthy for you. Far easier to become dependent on it, and the effects of alcohol on the individual is varying. I don't smoke anything, but I've never witnessed someone high on marijuana become violent. To claim however that marijuana doesn't have other adverse effects is completely silly though. Saying that it only makes you chill is completely false, and again, depends on the individual. I've met people who are completely useless when doing it and a fair amount of people who get incredibly paranoid while high.

Unless you're vaporizing it, and severely limiting the amount of smoke intake, smoking anything isn't healthy for your body period. While the compounds in marijuana on their own aren't necessarily dangerous (especially when cross comparing with cigarettes), inhaling smoke is still bad. It damages your esophagus and lungs, and it doesn't exactly have a small amount of tar either. While none of this would directly be linked to cancer (cancer itself is broad), damaging tissue on a regular basis would naturally increase your odds of them coming back as cancerous. That said, unless you're somebody who smokes a lot of joints on a regular basis (like multiple a day), I doubt this would ever be a problem. Most people I know who smoke weed only do so several times a week, much akin to somebody who might have a couple beers or a couple glasses of wine a few times a week.

As someone who will never smoke anything, it's perplexing to me that it's taken this long for it be socially acceptable. It's certainly healthier for you than either alcohol or tobacco (especially tobacco). I've met high functioning people who are high before, but I've also met people who are high functioning alcoholics. I still don't want either group to be rampant in public places, let alone driving, because there are those (in both groups, clearly evidenced by the massive amount of DUIs with alcohol) who are completely useless when consuming either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You cannot physically smoke that much, you you'd die of suffocation due to inhalation before the actual drug was able to OD you.
    You obviously never did weed.

You can look at Russia to see the effects of long term alcohol poisoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I'm a recovering alcoholic, have been alcoholic all my life.

I've done every hard drug except hallucinogens and alcohol BY FAR is the worst drug and the worst gateway drug imo. I think it is literal cancer , it has almost ruined my life on many occasions. I know from lack of control blah blah (typical responses from people who've never had a real addiction) but it's true some people can handle it and some cannot. I unfortunately cannot, and it took a long time to realize that. But the proof is in the pudding, drunk driving, drunk fights, etc. it is just all bad, alcohol is bad. Period. It makes you stupid. I don't care how in 'control' you are, eventually you're going to drink too much and do something retarded, because everyone does.

I still have to take seizure medication because when I quit cold turkey my brain said what the fuck and I had a nice trip to the hospital, that is very embarrassing when you are at work or even in front of family plus it was a scary experience hoping you don't turn into a vegetable. Now I am paying hospital bills.. 10/10 totally worth.

Meanwhile weed gives 0 side effects and helps sleep, focus, relax, be happy ,etc. so yeah I'd say it is a slightly better than alcohol lul.
    Yeah, that's not how any of it works. Alcohol worse than hard drugs? Please. Even if you were an alcoholic and claim to have tried hard drugs it's not a good idea to downplay the risks like that. What if someone were to read and trust your post and shoot up heroin to try it? Hard drugs are called hard because all it takes is a single dose. And as to weed having 0 side effects, that's not only false but also an incredibly dishonest position to maintain, given how easy it is even for the non-medically trained to recognize many of them; and between anxiety, paranoia, lowered mood up to and including depression, negative thoughts, alteration of the perception of self and time, flashbacks, depression, panic attacks and so on there plenty to warrant a rather long package leaflet.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    You obviously never did weed.
    Smoke it every day a few times a day, I am also growing a bunch of pineapple express.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've seen far more people suffer from alcohol abuse than from all other drugs combined and these days I probably know a lot more people that use marijuana than I know that drink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I haven't seen any alcoholics on facebook trying to convert "non believers" like the thousands of potheads whose entire life(at least digital life) revolves around weed. Plus when an alcoholic smells like shit its cause they actually shit themselves unlike a marijuana user.
    If weed was legal as alcohol is the activism around it would die down as well.
    Also, if you're telling me that you can't smell when someone's had alcohol I'm gonna have to call you a big, fat liar.
    And the worst smell of all is still cigarettes. Even just a whiff of cigarette smoke makes me want to (metaphorically) hit the offender with a brick.
    Last edited by Krawu; 2018-09-20 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I haven't seen any alcoholics on facebook trying to convert "non believers" like the thousands of potheads whose entire life(at least digital life) revolves around weed. Plus when an alcoholic smells like shit its cause they actually shit themselves unlike a marijuana user.

Only one of them has a habit of having a negative impact on your fellow humans due to uncontrolled or aggressive behavior after consumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    >Illegal substance linked to crime.

hmmmmm....
    Weed also causes miscogination. A proven scientific factoid.

I had to Google it.

More than once.

Alcohol is statistically way more dangerous then marijuana.
    Science has proven it, data has proven it.

To be frank, Alcohol should be illegal and marijuana should be legal. (If you're looking are pure statistics).

If you haven't you should watch The Most Powerful Plan on Earth (youtube it)
    The reasons behind marijuana no being federally legal in the USA extends well beyond "getting high".

Major corporations blocked marijuana in the 30s, Nixon's war on drug (aka the war on blacks) and other political/capital motives are the reason marijuana is illegal.

As far as Alcohol being more dangerous, 100%. It's been proven many times over.

Yes. And I've never smoked a day in my life.

Though the argument of how weed never killed anyone is absolutely stupid. Quick to forget about all the idiots who drove while stoned, hey?

Though, I support its legalization. Just gotta be responsible with it, that's all. Already have enough retards driving while drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You can look at Russia to see the effects of long term alcohol poisoning.
    In Soviet Russia, vodka drink you.

Got enough problems with alcohol and prescribed medications, and far too many idiots.

To people who have never smoked weed:

Quitting weed is effortless. You only miss it for the habit.
    There is no physical shock that you’d get if you were quitting heroin, cocaine, meth, etc.

Just weird dreams for a while. Learning new ways to cope comes easily.