Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we will eventually rescue Arthas' soul from the Shadowlands. We may even find a way to turn the undead into realive like how Xe'ra was going to purify Illidan. This will be a long way down the road when we're going up against the void.

There are lots and lots of possible stories to tell in Warcraft.
    And why one of those stories has to be bringing back a char that was main protagonist of Warcraft 3, had extensive coverage in an entire expansion and his story got an official closure?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    That won't happen. The story focus of the raid is the faction war. You cannot have that with generic shared dino bosses as the final encounter.
    It doesn't have to be generic bosses. It could be Bwonsamdi inside Rastakhan or something.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we will eventually rescue Arthas' soul from the Shadowlands. We may even find a way to turn the undead into realive like how Xe'ra was going to purify Illidan. This will be a long way down the road when we're going up against the void.

There are lots and lots of possible stories to tell in Warcraft.
    Yeah besides there is always a good way to tell them, just look at the new God of War the new Kratos is awesome and they even maked a somewhat cheesed story into something interesting and well writed and blizzard always hit into the spot with humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not really. More of an interactive flashback.

.....yeah so wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey shit like I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    That will be different for each faction and is going to give sites like raider.io and wowprogress.com fits, same for people judging progression based on points awarded by either site.
    yeah that i get, it's just that since the first ever raid in wow there has always been a definitive "final boss" That both factions race to kill first, but having it where you go up to and kill 6 bosses and then you see the rest, would make it weird, as in you kill the final boss mid run but you're officially not finished with that place until you've killed the "last boss" and would both alliance "end boss" and horde "end boss" be the same mechanic wise, or have completely different abilities, both having to be balanced in such a way where we'd more than likely get a repeat encounter of sarth+3 25man vs sarth+3 10 man again where one was deemed harder than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Which means there will be no way to balance it between factions. But hey, maybe that's one of the reason we have faction divided mythic leaderboard right now?
    You fight all 9 bosses. 3 Alliance, 3 Horde, 3 Neutral. Regardless of your own faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    No. It's quite clear what's going on, and you're not actually time traveling, just hearing a story. So it's neither wibbly-wobbly nor timey-wimey.

I am suspecting for the bosses you fight as alliance you 'defend' Jaina instead of attacking her as Horde do, lkewise you prolly defend some Horde bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    No, you are told the story of what happened when the Alliance attacked, it's just that instead of reading it or seeing it in a cutscene, you get to do it.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Somehow I missed the part where Ion talked about "3 shared bosses". Can somebody explain this to me?

We will have

3 Alliance
    3 Horde
    3 shared

bosses but how can there be shared bosses in a "faction" raid? Did he even explain what he meant with shared bosses?
    Think Siege of Boralus. First boss is a different model based on faction the rest of the dungeon is the same(aka shared). The rest will probably work similar to Caverns of Time where we see the faction specific bosses as Alliance skinned toons as a memory of history.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    yeah that i get, it's just that since the first ever raid in wow there has always been a definitive "final boss" That both factions race to kill first, but having it where you go up to and kill 6 bosses and then you see the rest, would make it weird, as in you kill the final boss mid run but you're officially not finished with that place until you've killed the "last boss" and would both alliance "end boss" and horde "end boss" be the same mechanic wise, or have completely different abilities, both having to be balanced in such a way where we'd more than likely get a repeat encounter of sarth+3 25man vs sarth+3 10 man again where one was deemed harder than the other.
    Them going with the faction based hall of fame makes more sense now that they had this on the burners. It is going to help one faction out more than the other, due to drops in the instance or 1 factions specific boss being a bigger wall than the others. They opened themselves up to some issues with this. I really doubt the 3 faction bosses are mirrors of each other or there would be no reason to fight them for both sides.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I passed a video about how Taliesin was right and I don't want to live in this fandom anymore.

Anyway on the subject. Based on how Ion explained it it sounds like both factions start at a different location. Horde in the Jungle, Alliance in the Harbor. Horde fight their way to the Harbor, Alliance to the Temple. Along the way they fight 6 bosses. 3 are shared by both factions (probably in the lower parts of the city itself) and 3 are faction unique (probably at the start and end). After those 6 you learn from the survivors what the other faction was doing, and that's how you fight the "other" 3 bosses.

So to head this off at the pass, no this isn't what most people expected from a "faction raid" but it DOES solve the issue of "well wouldn't the bosses just be reskins? Or would one faction have the easier path to victory?" All 9 are required for both sides, just the framing differs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I like the concept of this raid but I'm sceptical towards Blizzard's execution.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    .. Can already hear the rivers of people crying over horde/alliance end boss is too easy/too hard and the most important one: "Blizzard favoritise alliance over Horde and vice versa!" ..

Mark my words.
    Odds are you'll be able to control which path you actually take in terms of progression after you clear it once the "story" way in Heroic. In terms of Mythic it doesn't matter, you'll need to clear all 9 bosses to be in the rankings and no world first race is going to be "we got the horde six bosses WORLD FIRST RACE DONE!!!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Them going with the faction based hall of fame makes more sense now that they had this on the burners. It is going to help one faction out more than the other, due to drops in the instance or 1 factions specific boss being a bigger wall than the others. They opened themselves up to some issues with this. I really doubt the 3 faction bosses are mirrors of each other or there would be no reason to fight them for both sides.
    they really should've had 8/9 bosses been the same (ones that alliance fought earlier for example only get to half health so the horde takes down the other half) and the last boss be whoever the opposing faction is trying to get, but to be honest i had completely forgotten about the alliance and horde HoF, so yeah, maybe it wont be necessary to have a "world first" but you know that there will be a lot of guilds saying that despite being alliance first or horde first they will be first overall.

Deleted
    I just hope no one important dies, because it's just cruel of blizzard to make us kill our own racial leaders.... unless they are murderous lunatics that want to kill everyone.

Keep in mind the city is shared by the Sandfury and the Amani, both of which are hostile to the Horde. There could also be someone/thing left behind from the blood troll attack. Wouldn’t surprise me if any of all of these play a part.
    As Tailiesen also pointed out, it could be something like “oh no, Blingy the Gold Crusted Loa of fabulousness has awoken and we must defeat it to press on!”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Odds are you'll be able to control which path you actually take in terms of progression after you clear it once the "story" way in Heroic. In terms of Mythic it doesn't matter, you'll need to clear all 9 bosses to be in the rankings and no world first race is going to be "we got the horde six bosses WORLD FIRST RACE DONE!!!!!"
    True, but part of what I’ve heard talked about is that if Horde or Alli have easier bosses, then it puts one of them at a distinct advantage. It’s probably safe to assume that mythic will work like heroic, in that you have to clear the difficulty once to move on to attacking your own factions bosses. So, depending on how it’s done, whether they have distinct mechanics or are just clones of each other (Jaina using Icebolt vs Rastakhan using Blingbolt), one faction can hit a wall very early where the other one could move past faster and even use it as a way to get more weekly clears to that point and overall gear.

With the Hall of Fame rankings, Horde and alliance guilds are no longer in competition and now there are 2 world firsts - one for Alliance and one for Horde according to blizzard. Blizzard rankings supercede any other ranking website for obvious reasons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Keep in mind the city is shared by the Sandfury and the Amani, both of which are hostile to the Horde. There could also be someone/thing left behind from the blood troll attack. Wouldn’t surprise me if any of all of these play a part.
    As Tailiesen also pointed out, it could be something like “oh no, Blingy the Gold Crusted Loa of fabulousness has awoken and we must defeat it to press on!”
    If both factions gonna fight Rastakhan, it's safe to assume that Bwonsamdi will have something to do with it. Maybe he will influence him somehow.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    If both factions gonna fight Rastakhan, it's safe to assume that Bwonsamdi will have something to do with it. Maybe he will influence him somehow.
    Chronologically, the Alliance fight Rastakhan first. My theory is that they kill him while he's pumped up on Bwonsamdi juice. And then, when the Horde fight him, it's actually his spirit serving Bwonsamdi and the Horde fight to put his spirit to rest. The Alliance kill his body and the Horde kill (purify? free?) his spirit.

It will give the freedom to have the exact same fight, but with slightly different visuals.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    If both factions gonna fight Rastakhan
    Where do you get that from? Nowhere is it stated the Horde fights Rastakhan.