I think alternative methods of payment would bring a lot of players back

I made a thread about this a while back and I think I expressed myself poorly, so I will try again.

For people who do not have time to farm the gold necessary to pay their sub with gold, or who only have literally a few hours to play videogames in a month, it is simply a waste of money to pay ~180$ US/year + expansion costs when that money could buy you anywhere from 3-18 AAA games at full price or on various online sales, which you can play when you want for the rest of your life.

Not to mention free to play games where you spend close to nothing.

If Blizzard could allow people to pay say 15$/month and only deduct from that when you're playing, I think they would get a lot of business back. I currently only see myself playing videogames a few hours a month, like ~12 AT MOST, and I cannot see myself wasting all that money just to do a couple of BGs now and then when I could buy say Destiny 2 or a Guild Wars 2 or ESO expansion and do PVP and world events and dungeons and raids which are a lot more fun and mentally stimulating than WoW whenever I feeel like it.

I think millions of players would return to play WoW casually if they were offered that option, but as it is, for many unsubbed people it just doesn't make sense, it's like throwing money in the toilet.

It's like buying a 60$ cell phone plan when all you do is send a few texts every day and talk < hour per month on it. In that case you buy a pay per use phone or the cheapest plan available.

15+ Year Old Account
    You realise AAA games have play lives of abouuuuut... oh lets be generous and say 200 hours

Unless you buy a AAA game and play it continuously for 5-6 months (thus meeting the cost of the monthly WoW sub), then it's clear that the sub is getting you better value.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

What? WoW is a AAA game. As are the 3 MMOs I mentioned above. And if 18 AAA games on a Steam sale get you even only 20 hours each, without counting those with multiplayer content, how can you even say the sub is the better value (which also has an expansion cost attached to it every 2-3 years).

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    You realise AAA games have play lives of abouuuuut... oh lets be generous and say 200 hours

Unless you buy a AAA game and play it continuously for 5-6 months (thus meeting the cost of the monthly WoW sub), then it's clear that the sub is getting you better value.
    200 hours!? ...What games are you playing? -I think the Witcher 3 lasted me like... Sixty hours? Fallout 4 had me for maaaaybe ten. Vermintide 2 was fifteen, Space Hulk: Deathwing got twenty three... The only games I have that break the two hundred hour mark are GTA5 (Which has that fantastic multiplayer), and Warframe which... Also.. Has that. ..Huh.

If $15 is "all that money" and you're not competent to make 120k gold a month to pay for your sub, you shouldn't be playing Wow anyway.

I think the vast majority of players are bored with WoW and this game can't die soon enough.

People want new games from Blizzard, new games from the Warcraft universe. This MMO has gone on for FOURTEEN FUCKING YEARS. I know some people here are prepared to play until they die of old age, but no game, even MMOs, are built to last this long. The franchise and any creativity output is in a stranglehold right now. Delusional fanboys will never admit this, but WoW dying is probably the best thing that could happen to Warcraft.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKickBan View Post
    200 hours!? ...What games are you playing? -I think the Witcher 3 lasted me like... Sixty hours? Fallout 4 had me for maaaaybe ten. Vermintide 2 was fifteen, Space Hulk: Deathwing got twenty three... The only games I have that break the two hundred hour mark are GTA5 (Which has that fantastic multiplayer), and Warframe which... Also.. Has that. ..Huh.
    I have numerous games from the ps2 era with thousands of hours logged.

Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    If $15 is "all that money" and you're not competent to make 120k gold a month to pay for your sub, you shouldn't be playing Wow anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

Yeah I give up.

It's like people on these fucking forums can't read beyond the fucking title.

Case in point the first post especially, if I was a mod I would ban you for blatant trolling, since all your post did was show you couldn't even be bothered to read the second paragraph, and you came in here to insult people needlessly.

I can already see how this thread will again devolve in over 50% of posts vomiting bullshit posts like these.

Admins you can close this thread, fuck it close every thread, there's hardly any discussion ever had on these forums outside of bitching and shadow trolling which you never address as long as it's politically correct. These forums really used to be something during the WOTLK era, it's just gone downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    What the f is this shit? People has the right to decide, even for cheap items like toliet paper, which brand they pick up and they have all the right to discuss on housewife forums or whatever that such and such toilet paper is not worth the cost. Who the f are you to say its just toilet paper, just buy the best quality one, please don't tell me YOUR family is so poor that you have to ... oh f off.

What you are asking is to make the game cheapter to play.

I am fairly certain they can calculate quite well at Blizzards HQ. You just claim that while Blizzard earns less per customer using your method it would gain more customers so the result is equal or even better. But there is no way for you to tell that.

Just look at the special services you can buy, like race change. They are ridiculously expensive, and even got more expensive over the last years, although the effort to maintain them is close to zero for Blizzard today. It just means they deducted that with an increasing price less people will buy those products, but there are still enough for them to have a equal or better result.

Or they are simply bad at book keeping, but again, no way to show either side.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    What you are asking is to make the game cheapter to play.

I am fairly certain they can calculate quite well at Blizzards HQ. You just claim that while Blizzard earns less per customer using your method it would gain more customers so the result is equal or even better. But there is no way for you to tell that.

Just look at the special services you can buy, like race change. They are ridiculously expensive, and even got more expensive over the last years, although the effort to maintain them is close to zero for Blizzard today. It just means they deducted that with an increasing price less people will buy those products, but there are still enough for them to have a equal or better result.

Or they are simply bad at book keeping, but again, no way to show either side.
    I'm just saying that with the latest 6 month commit buy reward, it's obvious they're not getting a million new players per month, which means they're either getting less than they wanted or losing players.

Personally, as long as they don't offer an alternative payment plan, I don't see myself returning except towards the very end of the expansion when I can finish the storyline and do all the dungeons and raids once in one month, which is really the only content WoW has to offer outside of PVP. Everything is just grind on different difficulty levels against the same dumb AI enemies.

And I'm sure a lot of other players are only really interested in the same, and maybe a bit more like occasional BGs or PVE if there was an alternative plan to pay. If Blizzard doesn't care about losing all this potential clientele, then like you say, it's their calculations vs mine, but personally I think they're just afraid of publicly making themselves look like WoW has lost its flair.

Deleted
    I've explained before... Blizzard will not want to sell gametime cheaper, so they will get their data and determine an hour price, so that on average they will get as much money as they do now per person. This means that if, for example, average hours played per month is 20, which is very feasible seeing most players are casual, people who play more per month will end up paying a lot more then their current monthly sub. They'll leave. Average hours played will drop further, price per hour will raise further, you pay more, etc, etc.

Per hour is just not feasible or the price per hour will be so high that almost no one will benefit from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasting all that money? 15 dollars is among the cheapest hobbies. If you are scared of the usage of 15 dollars, then I suggest a break?

As well, at the current, the tokens are are so low that you can easily get another gold for one.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Maybe they just don't want to be known as the company aiming at customers who are not worth at least 12eur/15usd a month.

In AAA-game terms 15 USD usually gets you about 10 hours of play-time. Most often not even that.
    If you'd also add in the transactional costs, support and such then let's say 8 hours.

So basically what you are proposing is that you would pay about 1.875usd per hour of online-time?
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2018-09-20 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I have numerous games from the ps2 era with thousands of hours logged.
    I spent so many hours in Dragon Quest VIII. Amazing game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    I made a thread about this a while back and I think I expressed myself poorly, so I will try again.

For people who do not have time to farm the gold necessary to pay their sub with gold, or who only have literally a few hours to play videogames in a month, it is simply a waste of money to pay ~180$ US/year + expansion costs when that money could buy you anywhere from 3-18 AAA games at full price or on various online sales, which you can play when you want for the rest of your life.

Not to mention free to play games where you spend close to nothing.

If Blizzard could allow people to pay say 15$/month and only deduct from that when you're playing, I think they would get a lot of business back. I currently only see myself playing videogames a few hours a month, like ~12 AT MOST, and I cannot see myself wasting all that money just to do a couple of BGs now and then when I could buy say Destiny 2 or a Guild Wars 2 or ESO expansion and do PVP and world events and dungeons and raids which are a lot more fun and mentally stimulating than WoW whenever I feeel like it.

I think millions of players would return to play WoW casually if they were offered that option, but as it is, for many unsubbed people it just doesn't make sense, it's like throwing money in the toilet.

It's like buying a 60$ cell phone plan when all you do is send a few texts every day and talk < hour per month on it. In that case you buy a pay per use phone or the cheapest plan available.
    13 eur for playin monthly 12 hours is nothin cause 2 hours of work and you have your money back maybe less so gametime is cheap you cant have this game for free cause it will be trash with stupid kids ...but i like your idea that you only pay if you are in game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HAHA DOOD LMAO XD XD View Post
    I think the vast majority of players are bored with WoW and this game can't die soon enough.

People want new games from Blizzard, new games from the Warcraft universe. This MMO has gone on for FOURTEEN FUCKING YEARS. I know some people here are prepared to play until they die of old age, but no game, even MMOs, are built to last this long. The franchise and any creativity output is in a stranglehold right now.
    Delusional haters will never admit this, but EQ proves you are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just saying that with the latest 6 month commit buy reward, it's obvious they're not getting a million new players per month, which means they're either getting less than they wanted or losing players.
    You dont get it do you? Blizzard just rewards players who commit, you dont wanna? fine but then you dont get the mount?
    You think the game is not worth your 13 bucks a month? play something else.
    I personally am GLAD that WoW has this paywall. Just look at games like Lol, OV, etc how toxic it would be otherwise....

and if you cant afford 15 bucks a month and cant make the gold for the token, just play something else....

Even if you play 1 hour a day, it's still worth it because that's essentially 30 hours of gameplay for 15$...and obviously most players will not play just 1h per day.

There are crazy amounts of content in WoW, you may hate parts of it, but you can't deny there is good value per money here.

And btw, if they introduced a system like you suggest, that would probably completely fuck up the people who play 5-10 hours per day, because the 15$ will probably be the cost of like 40-50 real time hours of play time. If you think they will give you 700 hours of real time gameplay for 15$ you are sadly mistaken.

Yeah I give up.

It's like people on these fucking forums can't read beyond the fucking title.

Case in point the first post especially, if I was a mod I would ban you for blatant trolling, since all your post did was show you couldn't even be bothered to read the second paragraph, and you came in here to insult people needlessly.

I can already see how this thread will again devolve in over 50% of posts vomiting bullshit posts like these.

Admins you can close this thread, fuck it close every thread, there's hardly any discussion ever had on these forums outside of bitching and shadow trolling which you never address as long as it's politically correct. These forums really used to be something during the WOTLK era, it's just gone downhill from there.
    Why don't you just leave the website completely? You've been complaining about it for a long time so why are you punishing yourself by coming here?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So rewarding costumers for committing long term means your desperate? Well we see what type of business you would run, EA wants to see your resume.