Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by terroronkel View Post
    I really don't want to complain, but how come the top 20 consists of 18 horde guilds? are allys just freakin' bad? I don't think so.. ;x Sorry for heating some fire here ;D
    Most good guilds went Horde, even Method was Alliance once upon a time.
    "In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."
    | CPU - i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz + Cooler Master Hyper - 212 EVO | MB - MSI Z170A Gaming M3 | RAM - 4x HYPERX Savage Black 4GB DDR4 2133MHz | GPU - Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1080 | HDD #1 - 600GB Western Digital WDC | HDD #2 2TB Seagate @ 7200 RPM | SSD - HyperX Fury 240GB | PSU - LC-POWER LC8750III @750W | Mouse - Logitech G600 | KB - Logitech G910

Quote Originally Posted by rsl View Post
    yeah he acts alot like Elitist Piece of Shit. Saw him once in Legion leaving a Random Kara Group cuz someone made a Mistake. Just what you expect from a Guy whos able to push 123 on his Keyboard and thinks hes so much better
    What is ironic is that this toxic behaviour is alienating the people who actually elevate his status. We all have encountered people who don't understand the game's mechanics, but to spew out that rhetoric is unnecessary. He also went on to say that casuals don't deserve to breathe... Really? Most "casuals" have families and treat the game as a hobby, and not a full time job. It's like comparing a grand master to an amateur. It just points to how immature and out of touch some of these people are.

I will not be watching their streams or supporting them in any way. This game needs people with a little more patience, and less toxicity.

Ironically, JoshPriest's father seems to not be too impressed with his choice to pursue professional gaming. He made a call to his father while streaming to announce his Ghuun kill. Seems there are deeper issues there which is driving his behaviour.
    Last edited by Vexera; 2018-09-21 at 08:10 AM.

I really don't want to complain, but how come the top 20 consists of 18 horde guilds? are allys just freakin' bad? I don't think so.. ;x Sorry for heating some fire here ;D
    It’s purely based on racial abilities. If the Alliance races got the best racials for raiding then all the top Guilds would change to the Alliance. The players of Method spend tons of money on race changes to have the best possibilities for each fight. Rogerbrown told how many times during Legion he race changed between Orc and Blood Elf.

I must say that I thought watching Mythic progression was going to be boring, but it wasn't. Great entertainment! Hope they'll do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by mikevenable View Post
    Kinda depends on your definition of hard, yeah?

Was it hard to deal with getting a couple pieces of loot per boss to equip a 40 man raid? Was it hard to spam one spell for an entire fight as some classes? Was it hard to manage threat? Was it hard to level up and earn enough gold to keep your skills and riding relatively up-to-date? Was it hard to soldier through a 7-10, and often longer, day leveling experience? Was it hard to do endless profession grinding?

Or is it hard now to get enough AP to stay "competitive"? To grind out M+ to earn AP and gear? To succeed in the higher M+ keys that test every tool your group has at their disposal? With bosses that make every Vanilla, TBC, WoTLK boss look like a trash mod. To kill bosses with tight DPS checks, HPS checks, and/or oodles of crazy unforgiving and sometimes insta-wipe mechanics? To maximize your DPS with the extreme variance from titanforged drops, RNG procs, mechanics RNG, and everything else.

The bosses took longer then because the road to them TOOK way longer, and just because the top guilds in the world with the best players beat them in the first 3 weeks, doesn't mean anything. Mythic G'huun will still be unbeaten on most servers going into the next raids.

Idk how you can say players were more skilled then? the bosses were a joke then compared to now G'huun is a 3 times as long fight with less people and about 20 times more ability's.

All those questions are subjective, and I left out so many things people consider "hard" from each point in time.

Idk man. They're both hard in their own unique ways. But in no way are the players from TBC more skilled then todays players, considering most Nihilum (EU) guild players play today in top guilds. So yeah.
    I remember how it was in classic. The sheer amount of time invested into reaching max level, farming mats for proffesions and whatnot, getting together 40(!) people that ALL would contribute to the raid. The bossfights themself were not particularly hard, but a guild needed over 40 people commiting alot of time outside raiding just to step into a raid like MC.

Imagine controlling 40 people, making sure everyone was ready. I remember my guild had people who didnt raid, they just farmed stuff for the raid team. Imagine something like that today lol.
    Most fights were just attacking with a few spells. 1-2 abilites to watch out for.

Bosses were NOT harder in classic. It required ALOT more time to get your raid group ready.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2018-09-21 at 01:15 PM.

Deleted
    what is the (r) for by Limit and others. sorry if i dont already know

- - - Updated - - -

Even more pleasing when you know Method are Scottish / British fkin well done guys

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar911 View Post
    what is the (r) for by Limit and others. sorry if i dont already know

- - - Updated - - -

Even more pleasing when you know Method are Scottish / British fkin well done guys
    They have 9 players from UK, i.e. 36% roster. How is Method British/Scottish? Just European. For sure they have like 6-7 people from Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Same, it's kinda comical how much easier raiding is these days, was much cooler back in the days when raids took weeks/months to fall.
    Except the reason they took a long time is because most of them were bugged or overtuned to the point of being impossible for weeks and weeks. And the ones that weren't you needed to grind out resist gear and things for making a crappy slog.

You are just being nostalgic. Raiding is objectively more complex now than before. it's almost laughable to suggest raiding is easier now than it used to be, dungeon bosses have more mechanics than most vanilla raid bosses.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2018-09-21 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    Grinding for pots and food isn't really a matter of skill. I'm pretty sure he meant theorycraft and strategy in terms of prepping, not basic raid consumables. Attunements were pointless busywork that added nothing to the game, and MC was gated behind a rep grind to even face Majordomo or Raggy, inflating the time it took for him to die anyway. You seriously think guilds today would have difficulty with "You are the bomb", "Decurse X infinity" or "Don't get knocked in the lava gais!"?

Fact is, compared to today, vanilla raids were very basic. The best players are better now than they were back then. I can almost guarantee you vanilla raids will go down extremely quickly when classic WoW launches. Now, that's not the same as going in without knowing the fights, but they will still need to go at them from scratch. Aggro back then was horribly implemented. All it did was hamper dps classes from doing their job, "whee I get to stop doing anything, much fun!", if they got to play their dps specs at all.

This just sounds like you're clutching at vanilla being the hardest because it was a broken, buggy, horrendously balanced mess and even the best players didn't have the strongest grasp on the mechanics of the game like they do today. And yes, I did raid back then, I have very fond memories of those times. But it doesn't change the fact that I can look back at it and realise what problems they had.
    Looks like you're just like him, never raided back then XDD, sorry kid but completing a full raid in less than 3 weeks =/= skill (that's a lot less if you just count normal)

As you can see every raid after ICC/Wotlk has become a joke, don't give me that piss poor excuse people have gotten better when classes have been gutted every damn expansion, you have a metric ton of addons that play the game for you almost so don't even try to preach about raiding something you never did back at the start of WoW.

Hell getting 40 people on at the same time was harder than anything currently in WoW raiding.

https://imgur.com/hVp4l6O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Except the reason they took a long time is because most of them were bugged or overtuned to the point of being impossible for weeks and weeks. And the ones that weren't you needed to grind out resist gear and things for making a crappy slog.

You are just being nostalgic. Raiding is objectively more complex now than before. it's almost laughable to suggest raiding is easier now than it used to be, dungeon bosses have more mechanics than most vanilla raid bosses.
    Have you not followed any raiding in the last few years? lol

Every raid tier since vanilla has some sort of bug or they go through some tuning, hell you know how many times they had to "nerf" KJ in Legion? or lets not go into the massive amounts of bugs in Uldir atm actually lets, specially the one that the first boss can punt you through the floor to the MOTHER boss and she can kill you. Then on the same boss mages can wipe the raid while using blink over certain spots on the floor.

I really hope these "hardcore" guilds go to classic, no seriously cause it's gonna be funny to see them not completing a full raid in less than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Looks like you're just like him, never raided back then XDD, sorry kid but completing a full raid in less than 3 weeks =/= skill (that's a lot less if you just count normal)
    Anyone that doesn't agree with you is a kid and didn't raid. Ok dude. Been raiding for 13 odd years, (started playing in 1.8 patch) but whatever. ex dee ex dee lol etc. You also might want to not to invalidate your own argument with your own logic.

Here is your logic in action:
    You state people disagreeing with you apparently "didn't raid back then" and thus their opinion is invalid. Therefore, given you admitted you haven't raided properly since ICC, your opinion on the current practical difficulty is also invalid. See how this works against you? Get out of your own arse before you accuse others of talking out of theirs, mate.

Moment to moment gameplay in mythic is much more intense and complex now than it ever was in vanilla or tbc and most of Wrath.

Anyone that doesn't agree with you is a kid and didn't raid. Ok dude. Been raiding for 13 odd years, (started playing in 1.8 patch) but whatever. ex dee ex dee lol etc. You also might want to not to invalidate your own argument with your own logic.

You state people disagreeing with you apparently "didn't raid back then" and thus their opinion is invalid. Therefore, given you admitted you haven't raided properly since ICC, your opinion on the current practical difficulty is also invalid. See how this works against you? Get out of your own arse before you accuse others of talking out of theirs, mate.

Moment to moment gameplay in mythic is much more intense and complex now than it ever was in vanilla or tbc and most of Wrath.
    I've been raiding since Vanilla and you're right, Mythic is way more difficult that Vanilla raiding ever was. What made raiding difficult in Vanilla (and games like Everquest), was the fact that you needed tons of people and getting useful gear for all of them was tough, since there weren't many ways to get gear. There was much more leeway, though, some fights you'd finish with over half the raid dead! Mythic is much more precise, and each death counts. Add to that mechanics and enrage timers, and you've got a more complex, skill-intensive encounter.

As you can see every raid after ICC/Wotlk has become a joke, don't give me that piss poor excuse people have gotten better when classes have been gutted every damn expansion, you have a metric ton of addons that play the game for you almost so don't even try to preach about raiding something you never did back at the start of WoW.

Hell getting 40 people on at the same time was harder than anything currently in WoW raiding.

https://imgur.com/hVp4l6O

- - - Updated - - -

Have you not followed any raiding in the last few years? lol

Every raid tier since vanilla has some sort of bug or they go through some tuning, hell you know how many times they had to "nerf" KJ in Legion? or lets not go into the massive amounts of bugs in Uldir atm actually lets, specially the one that the first boss can punt you through the floor to the MOTHER boss and she can kill you. Then on the same boss mages can wipe the raid while using blink over certain spots on the floor.

I really hope these "hardcore" guilds go to classic, no seriously cause it's gonna be funny to see them not completing a full raid in less than a week.
    LoL. I get your point about "having addons that play the game for you", but back in vanilla you didn't really need any of todays addons except perhaps bigwigs/ct_raid because there wasn't much to keep track of. Mechanically any raid in vanilla was super easy, there were just bosses that required very specific gear on most of the raid members, which took a long time to get for 40 people. Or the case of 4HM where you had to get 8 warriors with 3 set.

When you already have people soloing MOTHER on normal mode, yea your points are worthless XD, but keep on trying kid.

You literally have a dungeon journal that tells you what the mechanics are before entering the fight, that would be like fighting a boss in dark souls knowing all of their mechanics before hand you go "man that was hard but I one shot that boss"

You're just salty raids can be cleared in a week of being released, if you think that is a badge of skill, please raid in classic when it drops cause I'm gonna enjoy watching raiders like you fail. "But but where's my cloak of shadows so I can cheese this fight", oh it's gonna be glorious seeing people not being able to cheese through dmg.

When you already have people soloing MOTHER on normal mode, yea your points are worthless XD, but keep on trying kid.
    You are joking right? You're using the one time exploit solo mother kill in NORMAL (and thus completely irrelevant) as an example of mythic raids being easy?

You can't do it anymore. It was a unintended use of an ability. It was done once then fixed. "People" aren't soloing normal Mother.

But hey, Reckoning Bomb was never a thing, right? It's literally that. Or does that not count because it was vanilla?
    Last edited by elvor0; 2018-09-22 at 11:50 PM.

You literally have a dungeon journal that tells you what the mechanics are before entering the fight, that would be like fighting a boss in dark souls knowing all of their mechanics before hand you go "man that was hard but I one shot that boss"

You're just salty raids can be cleared in a week of being released, if you think that is a badge of skill, please raid in classic when it drops cause I'm gonna enjoy watching raiders like you fail. "But but where's my cloak of shadows so I can cheese this fight", oh it's gonna be glorious seeing people not being able to cheese through dmg.
    I want to remind you that in classic having to move out of a stacked group due to a clearly telegraphed debuff was considered the pinnacle of personal responsibility (baron geddon).

If you think that classic raids hold any candle to the complexity and difficulty of today's raids, then you are sorely mistaken.

Even in naxxrammas, which was the absolute end-end game of classic raiding, things like the heigan dance or moving polarities was considered really difficult.

Both of these mechanics would be laughed at today.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    I want to remind you that in classic having to move out of a stacked group due to a clearly telegraphed debuff was considered the pinnacle of personal responsibility (baron geddon).

If you think that classic raids hold any candle to the complexity and difficulty of today's raids, then you are sorely mistaken.

Even in naxxrammas, which was the absolute end-end game of classic raiding, things like the heigan dance or moving polarities was considered really difficult.

The polarity thing was brought back in Legion for Maiden to be fair.

Racials pushed every guild to horde in order to compete.
    But with this leaderboard thing coming into play and a title going to the x first guilds on each faction to clear mythic I'm betting there will be plenty of guilds switching to Alliance side again just so they can be top of that side of the leaderboard and get a the title.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    The polarity thing was brought back in Legion for Maiden to be fair.
    And no serious guild has had any issues with it whatsoever. Not even heroic guilds (whose equivalent wouldn't have set foot outside of BWL back in classic. Much less AQ40, much less Naxx) had many problems with that. In fact maiden was considered one of the easier bosses to pug in that dungeon.

Back then people went barking mad over people not being able to move with the polarities in naxx.

Even the Heigan dance made a return in WoD with the Archimonde mythic dance. But then this mechanic was only a nuisance at best and only actually became dangerous at all when coupled with having to pre-spread for conduits or meteor overlaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post

Yea that's why only 1% of the player base actually did naxx in vanilla XDDD, sorry your feelers got hurt if you think todays raids are hard cause they ain't.

Lets look at their wipe counter

Taloc = 0
    Mother = 8
    Zek'voz, Herald of N'zoth = 8
    Vectis = 22
    Fetid Devourer = 133
    Zul, Reborn = 27
    Mythrax the Unraveler = 184
    G'huun = 285

Paragon wiped 500 times just on Rag in Cata, then you had the "next best" guild supposedly took them 3 weeks to kill Rage after paragon, but that's just a sign of easier raids right? XD, your logic is pretty stupid.

Yea that's why only 1% of the player base actually did naxx in vanilla XDDD, sorry your feelers got hurt if you think todays raids are hard cause they ain't.

Lets look at their wipe counter

Taloc = 0
    Mother = 8
    Zek'voz, Herald of N'zoth = 8
    Vectis = 22
    Fetid Devourer = 133
    Zul, Reborn = 27
    Mythrax the Unraveler = 184
    G'huun = 285

Paragon wiped 500 times just on Rag in Cata, then you had the "next best" guild supposedly took them 3 weeks to kill Rage after paragon, but that's just a sign of easier raids right? XD, your logic is pretty stupid.
    Who's wipe counter is this ? Method ?. I watched them raid and Ghunn was 1000 pulls easily. They did 285 pulls within the first day and mythrax was just as many.

Also, I am realizing many of you talk about Vanilla but you didn't actually play so shut up about it. Here's some fact.

1 - MC didn't get cleared for 3 months because you need to shut the fire before fighting ragnaros. You had to do a quest which required revered with MC, that takes 2 months to do. After that, you had to farm fire gear before you could even attempt ragnaros without dying. That was a 2 - 3 months process.

2 - BWL required a good amount of gear from MC, which takes 3 - 4 months to get or an amazing group. MC dropped 2 pieces per boss for 40 peoples, it was an extremely slow progress. Let's not forget that everyone had to be attuned and BWL was a guild breaker back then. The second boss was such a crazy DPS check, many guild called it quits, especially since it was a gear check.

3 - AQ40 had a server wide event that took 2 - 3 months for most server to accomplish, with very few doing it under 1 month. After that, you needed nature resist gear to even get pass some boss which required world dragon that everyone on the server would fight for every 3 days. Cthun was bug to shit for a full month before he was kill able as well.

4 - Naxx, by the time that instance came out, most guild were disbanded from the previous raid and you needed to have accumulated gear from all the other places, since there was no catch up for gear. Either you had AQ40, BWL gear or you weren't getting pass many fights in NAXX. Very few guild cleared NAXX because vanilla gearing system was progression based and required a year or so of raiding. It was extremely hard for a new guy joining a server, to find a guild to raid when AQ40 came out since the requirement was at least BWL gear or extremely good player.

People are confusing fast clearing with today's raiding. You can't, today they give people tons of option to gear so that everyone has a chance to raid. In vanilla, they didn't care about that, so it was a very elitist group. Today, you don't need to have raided the previous raid to progress to the next and so on. They give people so many option, to catch up and be part of the latest one.

Stop acting like Vanilla was hard, it was super easy, the hardest challenge was getting 40 peoples together (that was easily the hardest part) and getting people who actually had the gear to pull it off. Most people used DKP like we did and some of our raider got full tier 1 and tier 2 by the time Naxx came out. An extremely slow process (took me 6 months to get full tier 2 as a tank who got priority but since wrath shoulder and helmet never dropped, it was a tedious process) and this is why people are kind of clueless when they mention how long it took guild to clear old content compare to before.