Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

What could another Lich King expansion look like?

I think at this point it's clear that they are building up to another Lich King expansion. It's either the next one or the one after that.

What I am wondering is

- How are they gonna do that? Bolvar as the main villain would clearly mean that we're sort of tied to Northrend, cause he resides in Icecrown Citadel.
    - Would they revamp Northrend? Put Chromie there to switch back and forth between old and new Northrend?
    - Would they come up with completely new zones?
    - Maybe an expansion in the Shadowlands, but a whole expansion there? Is there enough variety?

Vrykul Continent with Death theme. Helya, Odyn, Sylvanas, Taelia, Jaina, Anduin, Bwonsamdi and ofc, Bolvar.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Vrykul Continent with Death theme. Helya, Odyn, Sylvanas, Taelia, Jaina, Anduin, Bwonsamdi and ofc, Bolvar.
    Isn't helya dead? (i don't raid so jsut assumed she died in the raid?)

What is the indication that another Lich King expansion is coming?

They keep adding new undead models (latest is the armored skeleton - the one with the severed head attached to its belt, though it's no longer a head but a skull), so if the next expansion isn't about Bolvar and the Scourge I'll be surprised.

Personally I want to see the rest of Azjol-Nerub. It's a massive empire beneath most of Northrend, so they won't be lacking in content to expand upon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    What is the indication that another Lich King expansion is coming?
    BFA is full of the undead theme. Build-up with Bolvar over Legion. Now something datamined with Vol'jin.

Deleted
    Shadowlands. It's barely been explored there's literally infinite shit they can throw into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Nope, shes very much alive.

https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/...4377320010.png
    Nothing and Everything

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never guarantee they are building up to something until you literally see a villain walk out from behind the throne.

But if they did do another Lich King expansion, I hope they set it somewhere other than Northrend. Northrend is cool and all.... in 2008. Even updated a lot of people would feel like it is supremely lazy to just HDify an existing continent and call it a day. Set it north of Northrend in the ice cap. Or set it in Azjol'Nerub. Or set it in the Shadowlands. Just not "Northrend Revamped!"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Island Expeditions drop a ring that you turn into the Valarjar quartermaster, and he says Helya is growing in power and laughs at you for thinking she can be killed.

And make Dalaran our main base of operation ?

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Personally I want to see the rest of Azjol-Nerub. It's a massive empire beneath most of Northrend, so they won't be lacking in content to expand upon.
    That's been my No.1 request for the game since forever. Azjol-Nerub really deserves its due.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Don't joke about that. I can't go back. Not agaiiin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tehTyrant View Post
    Is that from the island expedition? I find those really cool. They convey some interesting lore bits through those.

Something about feral druids going into exile and Azerite being seen as a new element by some elementals and being rejected by other. Interesting way to drop those lore bits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Yeah they wouldn't that. Just because it gets confusing with the teleport spells. Maybe a new base in Crystalsong Forest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aetherina View Post
    BFA is full of the undead theme. Build-up with Bolvar over Legion. Now something datamined with Vol'jin.
    Well, yeah, of course it has undead themes.

Loa of the dead.
    Banshee Queen (But she was in Legion too).
    The Drust.

Legion had a lot of 'death' theme too, after all with the Vrykul, Helya and Sylvie.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, yeah, of course it has undead themes.

Loa of the dead.
    Banshee Queen (But she was in Legion too).
    The Drust.

Legion had a lot of 'death' theme too, after all with the Vrykul, Helya and Sylvie.
    Yeah there's been some build-up in Legion as well.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    My idea (I wrote it here few times):

Theme: simple - Lich King is back and revive all corpses fallen in countless Horde/Alliance battles.

Class: Necromancer: mail, 2 specs: heal and ranged DPS.

"Continent": Northern Lordareon, 5 zones - Elven kingdom zone, Human kingdom zone, Plaguelands zone, Dragon Isles, some kind of winter zone.

Capital: rebuilded Stratholme, neutral hub both for Horde and Alliance (or rather remains of Horde and Alliance).

Artifact: class relic visible on your character (so Artifact skin hunting is back), traits tree similar to Legion (but you get AP for all specs like in BfA), new slot introduced just for relic.

Patch content: expanded Old Kingdom under Northend, theme will slowly switch from Scourge to full Old God.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherina View Post
    I don't mind the whole undead thing but I really hope the Lich King stays where he is. I'm still waiting on an expansion where we fight Sargeras at the end. I swear that when I heard about Legion, I thought "about... freaking... time!" When it wasn't so, I was like -_-

I'm gonna go on a limb and say Bolvar will resurrect the entire Black Empire, making him a more dangerous threat than Arthas ever was. After all, if the LK could raise the Nerubians, what's to stop him from raising the Aqir? This would also allow them to do the whole "Underground Lost Continent" theme that they didn't get to explore in Wrath with Azjol-Nerub.

Fill it out with the Shadowlands and some other weird, underground plotlines like the Blingtron War, and then throw in the Scourge burrowing up into and invading zones all around the world, and you have a whole expansion of content.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    I'm gonna go on a limb and say Bolvar will resurrect the entire Black Empire, making him a more dangerous threat than Arthas ever was. After all, if the LK could raise the Nerubians, what's to stop him from raising the Aqir? This would also allow them to do the whole "Underground Lost Continent" theme that they didn't get to explore in Wrath with Azjol-Nerub.

Fill it out with the Shadowlands and some other weird, underground plotlines like the Blingtron War, and then throw in the Scourge burrowing up into and invading zones all around the world, and you have a whole expansion of content.
    I was thinking along the exact same lines. A second wack at fleshing out Azjol-Nerub would probably be a big priority for the veterans on the dev team.