Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    vanilla allowed for more choice or, at least, more apparent choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    vanilla allowed for more choice or, at least, more apparent choice.
    No it did not. There was only one right choice for your class. If you picked something else you were marked as a noob and people would not invite you to raids. (after TBC, when people could inspect your talents)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Vanilla: "cool, I'v hit max level, time to alt tab and search for the ideal talent tree and god forbid I put one point elsewhere or some asshat is gonna inspect me and kick me from the raid for not having the most viable talents!
    Don't think you could inspect talents in vanilla.

Deleted
    No it did not. There was only one right choice for your class. If you picked something else you were marked as a noob and people would not invite you to raids. (after TBC, when people could inspect your talents)
    there will always be a cookie cutter build for instanced PvE.

When in the hell will people understand this.

Is this enough reason to scrap customization in all games from now on? Yeah, lets kill customization for good.
    No more customization for anyone. RIP customization.

Let customization live in PvP and World Content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    they should of let us to spend points on anything without being restricted to starting at the top and going down
    There would still only be one true path.

That completly eliminates any choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Don't think you could inspect talents in vanilla.
    I said vanilla as in the vanilla talent system. Talent inspecting was introduced in TBC.

Deleted
    There would still only be one true path.

That completly eliminates any choice.
    lol i give up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    there will always be a cookie cutter build for instanced PvE.

When in the hell will people understand this.

Is this enough reason to scrap customization in all games from now on? Yeah, lets kill customization for good.
    No more customization for anyone. RIP customization.

Let customization live in PvP and World Content.
    PvP still had only one right choice, lol.

Then how come the current talents doesn't have the cookie cutter options?

Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    The old talents were so mind numblingy boring. You checked Elitist Jerks for what the best talent set up was, picked those talents, then never bothered to open that tab ever again..
    vs checking wowhead/warcraft logs for the best talent setup vs different bosses in legion/bfa, picking those talents and doing exactly the same thing?

PvP still had only one right choice, lol
    it really didn't

Then how come the current talents doesn't have the cookie cutter options?
    the current talent system is just as cookie cutter options focused as the previous system, but for some reason people think that easier to change talents + different talents being far better vs different bosses = not at all cookie cutter options, lol
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2018-09-21 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    PvP still had only one right choice, lol.
    Completely wrong.

Examples:
    PvP
    Mages in wotlk had 5 different hybrid specs to choose from
    Deathknights had many different choices and hybrid trees
    HARP Rogue
    HARP tanky Rogue for 5v5 arenas
    Shockadins

World Content
    Tank Boomkins
    Tank Warlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Useless for what? I found survival talents extremely useful for my PvP needs.
    Hopefully not back when Lacerate was the 31-point talent.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

People still do that today except they use ilvl as a standard rather than checking talent builds. There will always be something that people measure skill by, as necessary or arbitrary as it will be. The old talent system just happened to have a higher chance of picking something utterly bad, but that's a whole part of the game experience. It's a big thing missing in today's game.

Yes, it was a bad thing, but bad things make you appreciate the good that much more. I've never looked at the current talent system and felt like it was my build. Even if people chose cookie cutter builds in the old system, building and picking which talents to take while leveling is what mattered most. The journey, not the destination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I change my talents 10x more now than I ever did then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    People still do that today except they use ilvl as a standard rather than checking talent builds. There will always be something that people measure skill by, as necessary or arbitrary as it will be. The old talent system just happened to have a higher chance of picking something utterly bad, but that's a whole part of the game experience. It's a big thing missing in today's game.

Yes, it was a bad thing, but bad things make you appreciate the good that much more. I've never looked at the current talent system and felt like it was my build. Even if people chose cookie cutter builds in the old system, building and picking which talents to take while leveling is what mattered most. The journey, not the destination.
    It's more of a people checking if you got all your enchants on.

If you are so incapable as to put the right talents on, you're probably not even worth being sent an invite to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Screw the old talent systems. Bring back spell rankings and having to go out and find your new spells/ranks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post

the current talent system is just as cookie cutter options focused as the previous system, but for some reason people think that easier to change talents + different talents being far better vs different bosses = not at all cookie cutter options, lol

You can look at wowprogress and see that various people achieved relatively same damage numbers with various talent choices.

You choose the playstyle that suits you, not one that's been recommended by a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    People dont understand what "customization" is.
    Everytime someone makes this type of thread is always the same false comments.

1) Because they are PvE'ers and ofcourse there is always a cookie cutter build for instanced PvE
    2) They never did PvP their entire lives
    3) They never played the game for "fun" and only know how to be "optimal"
    4) They never played around with customization

Its always the same in every thread.

edit: even a BLUE has already admited he never PvP'ed in his life when he said old talent trees were bad.
    Incredible. Tell me i am wrong.
    Alternatively, I just have a preference for the new talent system. And I did/do PVP, and did experiment with customization. Also strange that an off-hand comment in parenthesis while thinking about raiding was what was homed in on.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Honestly, current gives you more choice and variation in having to pick one of 3. Vanilla had more "talents" but most of them had little impact on how you played

Both systems are bad for different reasons. Blizz should go to a hybrid system.

1. You choose your specialization at level 1
    2. At level 10 you get access to the talent tree for your spec, and a talent point. All of these talents are passive effects tied to your spells. You get 1 point per level until cap.
    3. At level 15 you get access to the feat grid (the current system), these are all powerful activated abilities. You get one every 15 levels and each row has a theme. (Defensive/ Movement, Cooldown, Rotation addition etc)
    4. At level 60 you get access to secondary specialization. You choose a second spec and that opens up that specs talent tree. You can now put your talent points into a second tree and you recieve some key spells/abilities from that second specialization.

Why this system is good: It keeps the sense of progression while leveling up that the old talent tree had. It will be cookie cutter but you can't avoid that entirely. Instead, by keeping the current talent grid system with only activated abilities you give players a choice to customize their builds through there, while also ensuring that it's not boring. Finally, you unlock a secondary spec and gain some of its tools. RPG wise this shows that your character has become well versed in their starting spec and is branching out into one of the others, giving you more spells and passives to play around with. The key difference here is that you also recieve spec exclusive spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Alternatively, I just have a preference for the new talent system. And I did/do PVP, and did experiment with customization. Also strange that an off-hand comment in parenthesis while thinking about raiding was what was homed in on.
    Oh, i give up man.

When i confront people with examples proving them wrong they instantly stop replying to me like @Wada did just now.

There is no winning on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by rsl View Post
    oh look 5% crit
    oh look 5% dodge
    oh look 5% hit
    oh look 5% ah who fucking gives a shit

they were BORING
    I didn't say that they weren't interesting, but there were hybrids specs. You cannot say that there weren't any "choice".

There's always a choice and cookie-cutter spec(same as we have now).