Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Dota1. Turned me off of playing mobas against other people.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dota the majority of the players are toxic including me
    my rage and racism increases, whenever I get someone on my team that no one understands what he saying even thou he keeps talking like we can somehow understand him. Hell I learned insults in 4 languages just so I can respond to The Russians,perviuans, chinese and Germans that keep getting onto my us west server even thou I selected English >_<.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably WoW as it has a lot of different types of toxicity. Snowflakes who believe everything should be handed to them, fanboys who defend everything Blizzard does, haters who shit on everything Blizzard does, elitists who shit on anyone who doesn't have full Mythic gear (already) and pulling rank 1 numbers (when they themselves can't even do that). Also, I've met some of the most immature, homophobic, and racist people on WoW and it goes beyond just spewing slurs everywhere. They have legit racist or homophobic beliefs.

Also met amazing friends playing WoW, one of which I was a groomsman at his wedding. But man are there shitty people of all types there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    The WoW community was never toxic when I played, seems to be a recent phenomenon among sad people who don't know any different.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anecdotal
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Overwatch!!!!
    And im not just talking about the player base!
    Its the devs too! They are abunch of SJW Cultural Marxist. Any game company that bans players for something they say off the game via Social Media needs screw off.
    Its sad to see a Blizzard game behave like this. I hope they learn a hard lesson from the whole #getwokegobroke shit that movies like what the Star Wars franchise is doing.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember some toxic moments at the beginning of Counter-Strike: Source, good ol' times tho

Mobas by far and maybe some fps games like CS GO in ranked matches and l4d2 in the pvp modes
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

The Elite Dangerous community. The most boring and unimaginative "people" you could ever meet. These "people", lets call them bots love doing their chores. The more boring and menial the chore the better, that's why they love Elite Dangerous. I've never known a single person who plays that game to have anything but a below average IQ, frightfully unattractive physical appearance and lacklustre personality. Honestly, the authorities should use that game as a litmus test for abortion bucket potential.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    WoW (Elitists have reached an all time high, it's become a meme by now)
    Food for thought: Is it really because of Elitists reaching an all-time high... or is it you're simply noticing them more often now as enough people have left the game?

Literally any "free to play" game is the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Worst experiences I've ever had personally were with the Starcraft community.

Worst I've ever witnessed... EVE Online. Though that's kind of hard to judge considering how corporate espionage is considered part of the game.
    High-Sec Suicide gankers are douchebags and all but you can't really compare toxicity in EVE to LoL. LoL is off the fucking charts.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

From what I've played, League of Legends.

But I've seen worse examples of toxic behavior on youtube in multiplayer shooters. Like Fortnite, PUBG and CoD for example. There's something about those games that makes it easier for toxic players to start screaming at people and destroying things around them. Maybe it's the nature of the game, but more likely it's the nature of players.

Or maybe they're just louder. There are plenty of silent toxic ways to make things difficult for other people. And the more freedom a particular game allows, the more ways to screw others over.

League of Legends is pretty awful. random team matchmaking doesn't make for a good community in a game where working as a team is essential. People are only in it to win for themselves, and mistakes affect the whole team, resulting in an inevitably toxic environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    High-Sec Suicide gankers are douchebags and all but you can't really compare toxicity in EVE to LoL. LoL is off the fucking charts.
    Good thing I wasn't comparing then since I have not nor will I ever play LoL.

Halo. I figure the general level of rudeness is no different than any other established game community, but having friendly fire enabled just makes it worse by allowing betrayals and whatnot.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Food for thought: Is it really because of Elitists reaching an all-time high... or is it you're simply noticing them more often now as enough people have left the game?
    It could be that. Game has had its fair share of asshats/elitists/holier-than-thou players during BC/WotLK/Cata era, but BfA is like a fly on shit for them.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Reddit, what else.

ps : Yes, Reddit is a game of downvotes for a LOT of kids.

Would like to throw my hat in the ring for Star Citizen.

It's not toxic as in horrid people per se although it's noticeable.

It's just that they eat up whatever their lord and savior Chris Roberts tells them despite the fact we are 5 years in and the game has had consistent delays.

I mean the very early Alpha is up but right now it's debatable calling that a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Literally any "free to play" game is the worst.
    Played quite a few F2P games with good communities.

Met some great people on Neverwinter on PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Would like to throw my hat in the ring for Star Citizen.

It's not toxic as in horrid people per se although it's noticeable.

It's just that they eat up whatever their lord and savior Chris Roberts tells them despite the fact we are 5 years in and the game has had consistent delays.

I mean the very early Alpha is up but right now it's debatable calling that a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Played quite a few F2P games with good communities.

Met some great people on Neverwinter on PS4.
    The only example you give is "met some great people on xxxxxxx", I can meet some great people on League of Legends, doesn't mean there is a huge amount of toxic people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gears of War on the xbox 360. As a 15 year old girl, that game was hell.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!