The decision Chris made to correct it was the best thing that could've happened.

Reading between the lines here, it seems that CIG needs more money and has only gone deeper than the Warbonds stuff they started before. That along with the fact that it took this much for them to realize that this was bad is pretty concerning.

Call, me old fashioned, but I'm a person that would rather wait a long time for a completed product, than get bugged out shit that was rushed to meet a deadline. If this game takes 10 years, but is great, great; if this game takes 10 years and is shit then I will join the hate train like others.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Call, me old fashioned, but I'm a person that would rather wait a long time for a completed product, than get bugged out shit that was rushed to meet a deadline. If this game takes 10 years, but is great, great; if this game takes 10 years and is shit then I will join the hate train like others.
    It's taken years while barely making progress and doing questionable shit.

The evidence is right there in front of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Imagine this scenario. A guy tries to build a house next to his boat, when he is halfway done, the boat moves and the guy decides to start again.

Imagine this scenario over and over and over again and you get Duke Nukem Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

I don't know, there does seem to be progress, albeit slow there is progress. Whether that progress is indicative of the work put in? I don't know. If they do come out with a game that meets their claim, then it will be a day one purchase for me.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    For those that randomly clicked on this thread not knowing anything about the game and the shitstorm surrounding it:
    Thanks for this. I sort of was following SC about five years ago and have seen it mentioned now and again. The project/game looks interesting but catching up to current times seems to show a lot of bad project management. Frankly it looks like a mess.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    The decision Chris made to correct it was the best thing that could've happened.

Reading between the lines here, it seems that CIG needs more money and has only gone deeper than the Warbonds stuff they started before. That along with the fact that it took this much for them to realize that this was bad is pretty concerning.
    Yeah they need money for Citizencon because they aren't able to fund it using the money raised for development. Historically the event has been covered by subscriptions and selling tickets, then last year they were sponsored by Intel and were able to put on a much bigger and better show than previous years. This year they decided they were going to up the ante again but without a sponser(maybe a deal fell through this time around???). The idea of paywalling the keynote was dumb as hell though, even putting the money issue aside I think they shouldn't be trying to make it harder for potential future players to watch the show. Ironically though, after the community rioting, pot stirring by bad actors and bad press the end result will probably be a influx of new people signing up for RSI accounts to watch the show see what all the fuss is about.

- - - Updated - - -

There's been tons of progress this year, what are you on about?
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2018-09-02 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Thanks for this. I sort of was following SC about five years ago and have seen it mentioned now and again. The project/game looks interesting but catching up to current times seems to show a lot of bad project management. Frankly it looks like a mess.
    Not really much to fuss about these days since only the fans really give a damn.

Gets mentioned now and then by small news sites but quite a few refer to it as vaporware at this point and stopped caring.

But yes you are right. It's simply bad management by a has been game dev. Simple as.

Only reason this thread is relevant is because it gets bumped now and then with a load of images.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That shit still around? I can understand falling for the con early on, but come on guys just admit it... it is really getting sad at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    That shit still around? I can understand falling for the con early on, but come on guys just admit it... it is really getting sad at this point.
    Nah mate. Gotta keep the dream alive that it might one day make it out of pre Alpha and into Beta!

To be fair as I said it's literally 2 people who bump it with images now and then pretending it's still relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    -snip-
    Here's a better video without the hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I wouldn’t really call it a con, I mean, if people aren’t aware about the fact that they may get fucking nothing for supporting this project after decades of waiting is their own problem, they should know the risks of crowdfunding before engaging on it.

That said, the ways they keep coming to rip yet even more money are just plain disgusting, I never seen a “video game” going so low, eck even freemium mobile games…
    Just a list.

Paid ships that cost $100+
    $27000 pack
    Initially charging to watch a stream about an unfinished game
    Land Licenses.

And god knows what else.

And you are right. Freemium isn't this bad. This is a model designed to milk whales for all they are worth. There is zero debating it.

And as someone pointed out. They have the funding to make the 2 RDR games and STILL have money left over. AAA devs would dream to have this funding and to be quite honest some of those AAA devs would finish a game and a decent one at that.

CiG are not a company that should be supported for behaviour other ones would be crucified for. They are the prime example of what is wrong/bad about crowdfunding. They've basically taken people's money and in 6 years have sod all to show for it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-02 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw man . . . . All the cool shit in the next patch is . . . delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    Around the same time as Citizencon Star Citizen will be recieving 3.3 PTU the biggest update it's ever had which will include the planet Hurston so I'm sure they will be talking about that as well and it's something alot of people are very excited about. The update 3.3 will also be when the new object container streaming and network bind culling make their long awaited debut. This is the tech that will enable the game to support huge planets, capital ships and help the game run at a acceptable frame rate.
    So how much of that turned out to be true :?

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    I'm literally laughing irl, how can someone be so malleable to still believe they will actually deliver what they stated.
    "But guys, this time around it's only pushed back by half a quarter!!1!!111!"

10+ Year Old Account
    None, its all been delayed.

I'm not even surprised anymore. . . I've pretty much accepted that my 70 dollars was for nothing. The people running this shit show are not fit to run a fucking McDonalds. . . . Ive been waiting for the performance tuning patch for like 5 years. . . . Ive built two computers since and none can run it decently.

About barely any of it.

But you know the SC crowd who think the game is perfection eat up what they are told don't they?

Honestly how the people who have thrown a lot of money into the game and not just the buy in can sit there and say after 5 years that this game is in an ok state is beyond me.

There was a thread on worst communities in this section. I wouldn't call this games community the worst but it's certainly the most gullible.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-21 at 09:16 PM.

It's about time they took some of that $200+ million dollars and hired a game director that knows what the fuck they're doing. The team making the game is obviously capable of making something, as the stuff they've put out show, but the directions they're getting on how to make this into an actual game seem to be non-existent.

So some of the update has been delayed by a month or so... so what? OCS has been in development for three years an extra month isn't going to kill anyone. There's still a fair amount of stuff coming with 3.3 anyway as originally said and then OCS and Hurston/Moons and new space stations come a bit after. Both the non-OCS and OCS builds are going into ETF testing any moment now but they want to take some extra time to make sure OCS is super stable and working as intended. CIG want to make sure that the LIVE build is getting more stable over time and not go backwards on the improvements that came with 3.2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's about time they took some of that $200+ million dollars and hired a game director that knows what the fuck they're doing. The team making the game is obviously capable of making something, as the stuff they've put out show, but the directions they're getting on how to make this into an actual game seem to be non-existent.
    That's why they brought in Erin Roberts as studio director who has a billion dollars worth of successful titles under his belt as a producer and studio director. Then you have the senior producer Eric Kieron Davis who's credits include almost EVERY single Blizzard title and cinematic from Wrath of the Lich King and onwards until he left Blizzard and joined CIG around the time production for Legion was begining. I can go on and on here so just let me know if you need me to list some more people...

You people just can't handle open development. There's always going to be setbacks along the road with projects that have major R&D components. The very nature of R&D is that you are dealing with unknowns. Unknowns in time and complexity.

- - - Updated - - -

About barely any of it.

But you know the SC crowd who think the game is perfection eat up what they are told don't they?

Honestly how the people who have thrown a lot of money into the game and not just the buy in can sit there and say after 5 years that this game is in an ok state is beyond me.

There was a thread on worst communities in this section. I wouldn't call this games community the worst but it's certainly the most gullible.
    You've never played the game, you don't have a clue what sort of state its in and neither do you have any idea what's coming with 3.3 and 3.3.5. Didn't your mother tell you not to talk twaddle when you were a child?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I'm literally laughing irl, how can someone be so malleable to still believe they will actually deliver what they stated.
    "But guys, this time around it's only pushed back by half a quarter!!1!!111!"
    No one wants you playing the game anyway, so keep far away please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    None, its all been delayed.

I'm not even surprised anymore. . . I've pretty much accepted that my 70 dollars was for nothing. The people running this shit show are not fit to run a fucking McDonalds. . . . Ive been waiting for the performance tuning patch for like 5 years. . . . Ive built two computers since and none can run it decently.
    Complete rubbish.
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2018-09-22 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    - “Let me guess. Someone stole your sweet roll?”

Lol, I wasn’t aware that “open development” meant missing most release dates you set yourself up though.
    The roadmap is based around aggressively set internal JIRA agile development targets. They aren't release dates in a typical sense like you get with commercial game or DLC launches. I mean yeah, we all know CR was way over optimistic a few years ago with release windows along with the scope of the project changing, but that has nothing to do with how the roadmap functions today. So people who want to treat the roadmap like it's a release schedule for EA or Activisions latest reskinned release aren't fit to handle open development. You also dishonestely left out the part where I talked about R&D, get out of here with your cherry picking.
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2018-09-22 at 01:05 AM.