Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    Yes, because the less than 2% growth Obama achieved is somehow better than the almost 4% growth we have now. What a world. Also, every Democrat regime that had a good economy also had a majority Republican House and Senate, where the true power lies. So. Good job with your research.
    In detail and in your own words, please explain to us what specific actions Trump has taken to increase that growth to 4%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Leftists love taxing people. They’ve never met a tax they didn’t love.

Federal income
    State income
    Property tax (which has several taxes rolled in)
    Sales tax
    Invest your money and pay capital gains tax
    Vehicle registration (this is a tax)
    Tax on your water bill
    Tax on your electric bill
    Rent a hotel and pay a tax
    Tax on gas
    Tax on cigarettes
    Tax on alcohol
    And if you did well in life they make you pay a tax just to die.

I’m sure I’m leaving out 100 more ways they steaL money from you.

Any person that says they will lower taxes gets a leg up in my voting sphere. I don’t care if they grab people by the pussy or not.
    You are the literal embodiment of everything wrong with the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    In detail and in your own words, please explain to us what specific actions Trump has taken to increase that growth to 4%.

- - - Updated - - -

You are the literal embodiment of everything wrong with the country.
    Because the government taxes us too much? Several times on the same money ? While pissing it away on corruption, inefficiency, and bureaucracy? Someone that thinks this is ok is what it wrong with the country.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The much higher than expected economic growth in the wake of the Trump tax cut
    Anyone who starts with this can be dismissed. The growth rate was an Obama-esque two-point-something until Trump's budget caused a one-shot burst of federal deficit spending, and another one-shot burst of people importing American goods before the tariffs slammed down.

Anyone who says "the corporate tax cut is paying for itself" and includes in their discussion "Corporate tax revenues are down this year" can be dismissed as spewing worthless garbage to try to tell the lower class this is for their own good -- despite every available resource saying their income won't grow even half the rate of inflation.

Because the government taxes us too much? Several times on the same money ? While pissing it away on corruption, inefficiency, and bureaucracy? Someone that thinks this is ok is what it wrong with the country.
    Being taxed and how the tax money is spent are two different things. But no, you're a shit person and a shit American because you care more about the minor taxes we have more than someone being sexually assaulted.

10+ Year Old Account

Any person that says they will lower taxes gets a leg up in my voting sphere. I don’t care if they grab people by the pussy or not.
    The moment someone is stupid enough to declare that taxes are theft is the moment you know that that persons opinion is safe to ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the government taxes us too much?
    American tax rates are relatively low in the developed world. Certainly not high.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/country...?continent=g20

Several times on the same money ?
    Literally does not happen. It's an argument that is fundamentally rooted in a completely failure to grasp what taxes are and how they work.

While pissing it away on corruption, inefficiency, and bureaucracy?
    Nobody supports those things. This is wharrgarble.

Deleted
    Being taxed and how the tax money is spent are two different things. But no, you're a shit person and a shit American because you care more about the minor taxes we have more than someone being sexually assaulted.
    not entirely sure how tax and sexual assault are related? does some one who pays more tax rape less or something? or is the government using tax money on a rape predictor to prevent rape?

i smell an appeal to morality fallacy here.

Leftists love taxing people. They’ve never met a tax they didn’t love.

Federal income
    State income
    Property tax (which has several taxes rolled in)
    Sales tax
    Invest your money and pay capital gains tax
    Vehicle registration (this is a tax)
    Tax on your water bill
    Tax on your electric bill
    Rent a hotel and pay a tax
    Tax on gas
    Tax on cigarettes
    Tax on alcohol
    And if you did well in life they make you pay a tax just to die.

To steal money that funds things... If you don't like taxes move to a taxless state or vote. Most of them are shitholes so have fun with that.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

*someone I don’t know being sexually assaulted.

There is avenues for them to receive justice. It’s not my job to make sure they do.

Also “ "I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything”

Is it really sexual assault if they let you and don’t have a problem? I grabbed my wife’s pussy the other day. Did I sexually assault her? I’m sure a regressive like you will say yes.

Lastly, the taxes aren’t minor. They are a substantial part of my income.
    Yeah, you made a great argument as to why you aren't a shit person.....sigh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dont care bear View Post
    not entirely sure how tax and sexual assault are related? does some one who pays more tax rape less or something? or is the government using tax money on a rape predictor to prevent rape?

i smell an appeal to morality fallacy here.
    Learn to read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    "If we raise the taxes too high, corporations will flee from the US and not do business here!"
    As I posted before, a theory used to push the taxes forward, and a lie Trump told as recently as last week, is the tax cut for the rich will free up everyone's magically unavailable money they hid overseas so they wouldn't pay taxes. Now, because of the tax cut for the rich, they'll bring trillions back.

Except they haven't. Trump was wrong by about 96.5%. It's the same thing as trickle down, really. Giving more money, to people who like having money, won't magically make them stop wanting money and, say, pay taxes or hire people. They just kept it.

Because the government taxes us too much?
    Because you'd support a rapist so long as they didn't your increase taxes. What a disgusting position to take and a prime example as to why Trump supporters are regarded as deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Because you'd support a rapist so long as they didn't your increase taxes. What a disgusting position to take and a prime example as to why Trump supporters are regarded as deplorables.
    I didn’t vote for trump. And don’t support him. And the context of the conversation wasn’t rape, but debatable sexual assault.

But yes. If someone said they would grab 100 pussies of women I never met and don’t know and I’d pay $0 in taxes, I’d consider voting for them. Lucky for the regressive left , no politician has ever promised $0 in taxes and I had other issues with Trump beyond the pussy grabbing.

Hillary was the best conservative running in the last election.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

Deleted
    Yeah, you made a great argument as to why you aren't a shit person.....sigh

- - - Updated - - -

Learn to read.
    i can. my people made the language and i can read 3 versions of it, modern middle and old. and in non of them did your point make any sense.

I didn’t vote for trump. And don’t support him. And the context of the conversation wasn’t rape, but debatable sexual assault.

But yes. If someone said they would grab 100 pussies of women I never met and don’t know and I’d pay $0 in taxes, I’d consider voting for them. Lucky for the regressive left , no politician has ever promised $0 in taxes and I had other issues with Trump beyond the pussy grabbing.

Hillary was the best conservative running in the last election.
    If you would vote for that guy, you might as well vote for the guy promising ponies to everyone if he won.

You want to pay zero in taxes, but the real world doesn't work like that unless you want to disband our military, our police, our fire departments, any regulations on any food and drugs we have to keep quality up and so on.

Taxes aren't theft, they are a requirement to run a civilized society and you volunteer for that so long as you are living within that society.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    If you would vote for that guy, you might as well vote for the guy promising ponies to everyone if he won.

You want to pay zero in taxes, but the real world doesn't work like that unless you want to disband our military, our police, our fire departments, any regulations on any food and drugs we have to keep quality up and so on.

Taxes aren't theft, they are a requirement to run a civilized society and you volunteer for that so long as you are living within that society.
    Fair enough. Taxes are inevitable. But the government should be bound to make sure every single penny was spent efficiently with 0 corruption or waste. I feel they don’t come anywhere close to this currently. Until then, I will spiritually protest every dollar they take from me.

Fair enough. Taxes are inevitable. But the government should be bound to make sure every single penny was spent efficiently with 0 corruption or waste. I feel they don’t come anywhere close to this currently. Until then, I will spiritual protest every dollar they take from me.
    They should be bound to make that attempt, but the problem with that is largely due to tribalism and more importantly "Money in Politics" where you need money to get the position and you can get money from legislating from it basically making selling out a near necessity to get into power.

In order to get near what you want, you will have to wrestle a lot from the Republican ideology which honestly seems to revolve around selling out to the rich with the Democrats trying to be a light version of that.

Get money out of politics and make 3rd parties a viable option while getting money out of politics, and you will start getting real pushes for what you are describing. But so long as we push for deregulation and tax cuts at all costs, we are running from that reality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post

doctor vs sweet shop owner, Socrates classic argument against democracy.

[spoiler alert] the sweet shop owner usually wins

Must suck that the president added $1 trillion to the debt in the past 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    As I posted before, a theory used to push the taxes forward, and a lie Trump told as recently as last week, is the tax cut for the rich will free up everyone's magically unavailable money they hid overseas so they wouldn't pay taxes. Now, because of the tax cut for the rich, they'll bring trillions back.

Except they haven't. Trump was wrong by about 96.5%. It's the same thing as trickle down, really. Giving more money, to people who like having money, won't magically make them stop wanting money and, say, pay taxes or hire people. They just kept it.
    Hit capitol gains for the 12,000 households that earn 70% of the 660 billion in yearly earning declared profit. They'll be 100% perfectly fine if their yearly average earnings from investments alone go from 38,500,000 to 28,500,000. They'll bitch and stop their feet aplenty, but effectively wouldn't notice a single change in lifestyle or spending since almost none of them are 100% reliant upon just their base investments.

Yeah, for those unaware, that's how many are in the 1% in the U.S. 12,000 households. That's it. That's how many boots the GOP and Dems lick when they cater to the extremely wealthy. If you break that down into actual families, it's about 3,500 extended families. When your taxes go up in 2023, just remember that 3,500 families are dependent on you not noticing that theirs didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dont care bear View Post
    i can. my people made the language and i can read 3 versions of it, modern middle and old. and in non of them did your point make any sense.
    Your professors would cry if they read your posts.
    Last edited by Pazazu; 2018-09-22 at 03:00 AM.
    If ever I give inaccurate information, I will apologize when corrected and adjust my views. It will be a cold day in hell before I stick to a falsehood out of misguided principles. If ever I insult you though, trust it to be an accurate insult, which I will not apologize for nor adjust my view of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pazazu View Post
    Hit capitol gains for the 12,000 households that earn 70% of the 660 billion in yearly earning declared profit. They'll be 100% perfectly fine if their yearly average earnings from investments alone go from 38,500,000 to 28,500,000. They'll bitch and stop their feet aplenty, but effectively wouldn't notice a single change in lifestyle or spending since almost none of them are 100% reliant upon just their base investments.

Yeah, for those unaware, that's how many are in the 1% in the U.S. 12,000 households. That's it. That's how many boots the GOP and Dems lick when they cater to the extremely wealthy. If you break that down into actual families, it's about 3,500 extended families. When your taxes go up in 2023, just remember that 3,500 families are dependent on you not noticing that theirs didn't.

Your professors would cry if they read your posts.
    im dyslexic sue me.