Deleted

RNG is killing all fun for Enhancement.

Enhancement feels really bad at the moment, mainly in raids and longer fights. We have become even more RNG dependent and if we are a bit unlucky we have only RB and LL to press with barely any maelstrom regen. I don't get how people can defend this play-style as it's only somewhat engaging when we have SB procc streaks.

Another problem with RNG are our cd's, if you line up wolves, the shield overcharge buff, forcefull winds and then get the wrong wolves or no Stormbringer procs you lost your entire burst in return for a huge setup, there is so much that can go wrong with it. This is enormously frustrating and just plain bad design..

A hotfix that gives us more haste is the only 'temporary' solution I see but this needs to be addressed ASAP.. I really hope we get good news in the Q&A this evening.

Peace

I have switched to WW, it is a lot more fun imo. As you said even if they make enhancement do more dmg then WW it's just not fun like it was pre Legion. We went from the 2nd most complex and rewarding priority system in WOTLK (after feral) to the most basic in the game.
    Last edited by Hightotemz; 2018-09-18 at 04:22 PM.

FInally made an account to post this, lol.

I don't think RNG is "killing" Enhancement; it makes it frustration how inconsistent it can be, yes; but getting a string of of Stormbringer procs feels amazing. It's just that once all your abilities are on CD, have sub-40 maelstrom, and don't have anything else to do; THAT feels bad.

The spec needs to feel more consistent, with more things to do during downtime other than "hurry up and wait"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spreckles View Post

I don't think RNG is "killing" Enhancement; it makes it frustration how inconsistent it can be, yes; but getting a string of of Stormbringer procs feels amazing. It's just that once all your abilities are on CD, have sub-40 maelstrom, and don't have anything else to do; THAT feels bad.

The spec needs to feel more consistent, with more things to do during downtime other than "hurry up and wait"
    Precisely!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fulling expecting the enhancement changes to be similar to the elemental ones:

"We've moved some damage from Stormstrike to Lava Lash. For consistency!!"

Which would at least make Lava Lash feel less bad to use.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    I'm fulling expecting the enhancement changes to be similar to the elemental ones:

And killing pvp in the process. We are a high burst spec and really need that to continue.

Deleted
    At least elem is getting a little love. It's all quite for Enhance.

Maybe SS as nature damage as they tried briefly in beta?

Along with a * ton of other changes I hope. I knew from the start I wasn't going to pick sham for any reason I've been struggling leveling after legendary deactivate. Deff can't pull like my war/pally/sv can.

But RNG kinda made the spec fun. It was a blast for me in legion.it was my first time maining one and I just had a really good time with it. What it is now....is just sad. Don't care so much about numbers I just want to have fun with something again.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post

Noo.... Not THE Lava Lash buff... :O
    I'm hoping maelstrom cap increase to 120-150 and serious talent rework. (My stupid opinion is that the [basic] core of the spec works quite well.) Numbers I don't care too much about.

I have played enhance for years. I love it. I did not raid in Legion, and I just started raiding with my guild on last week. I enjoy the way enhance feels to me most of the time. I do feel like the RNG is nice when it helps, but it really sucks when it doesn't. I would rather they tone down the RNG and make SS hit harder, or buff LL to compensate. Would much prefer a consistent damage output instead of one with all the ups and downs.

I also feel like it is easier for some DPS to maintain their output, but a slip up from me seems to tank mine. I am only sitting at about 345 ilvl, but I have seen many a DPS blow me out with equal or less gear.

For now stack haste as much as you can to limit the rng, waiting for the patch but after seeing ele changes I’m not optimistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    For now stack haste as much as you can to limit the rng, waiting for the patch but after seeing ele changes I’m not optimistic.
    They really just don't get it. It's frustrating that since fucking Vanilla this class has been the red-headed stepchild. Oh, there were periods where Shaman had a brief moment in the sun(outside of Resto which was solid for years) but the majority of the time Elemental and Enhance have been meh at best. Still paying the hybrid tax for utility that's nowhere near what it used to be.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spreckles View Post

^^This. I do not mind the spec at the moment. Right now I don't think enh is as terrible as elemental, it doesn't feel like I am behind all the time. Sure certain fights and mechanics can swing us from high to low, but that can be said about any class/spec. The current state of enhancement feels like it is in the shadow of legion and it long forgotten doom winds/doomhammer artifact. With the cap of MS power being reduced, loss of doomhammer, there will be times where this spec will seem "unfinished". As said above those instances where you have no MS, everything is on CD, and you are relying on procs and white hits to get you out of the hole is what I think needs to be fixed. In raid environments, I would find myself either having to dump MS in order not to hit cap or being conservative and missing out on a GCD for the sake of being able to have enough MS when Stormstrike is available; that does not feel fun.

Without making the spec stupid broken, I would say make Maelstrom more manageable (reduction of ability costs) or give a higher cap back (so we dont waste generation via going over 100).
    What I would wish for (unrealistic) is an increase to Stormstrike damage, that way we can be "competitive" because we can proc with Stormbringer and have big bursts of rolling Stormstrike damage; with the dead zone moments existing to make up for the damage.

Just go back to WoD, or preferably MoP Enh playstyle. Why do we need a resource like all the other classes? Why did they take a unique playstyle out of the game to replace it with yet another builder spender with some RNG procs? They somehow managed to make our AOE vs ST rotations even more bland, at least with fire nova you pushed different buttons for AoE and ST.

Having everything on CD and no Maelstroms is just as boring gameplay as stormbringer procs back to back letting you hit one button 4+ times in a row.

I hope they do something that isn't just a bandaid to number but actually makes the gameplay interesting and fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    The whole mashing 1 button several times in a row is very dull. I would prefer MoP/Wrath playstyle over any other, easily. It was a unique playstyle that could have just been iterated on instead of completely scrapped. This current "rotation" of hoping for stormstrike procs is NOT why I started playing Enhancement back during TBC.

Honestly, My damage has been pretty decent in our raids, and I'm usually 70-90 percentile based on SB procs. I've been having 2 separate problems which is where I agree with you. The randomness is not fun, I absolutely despise going from our #1 dps and falling straight to 6th or 7th because I'm not getting procs, that is infuriating. I've been trying to only prioritize gear with haste on it, because Enh is almost unplayable without it. My second problem is that when I have no procs, am under 40 maelstrom, no overcharge from lightning shield, and no CD's, there's nothing to do. It almost feels like we're just missing a spell. Overall I'm not having fun. I'm staying with it atm because I'm towards the top of our dps WHEN I'm getting procs, but as soon as our raid has an opening I'm going to re-roll to my monk as a healer.

Our 100 talents are frustrating, Ascendance used to be able to carry your damage until it's next use, just seems sad now, and with the RNG on the wolves, they can be stupidly unreliable if you're trying to get them to line up with overcharge or SB, just for them to pop out two fire/frost or both wolves. I've just been running Earthen Spike solely to reduce the RNG of our current state. I miss the end of MoP/Draenor Enhancement. Yeah it was a complicated rotation, but those that could do it were top. Enh just feels like a hot mess right now. I love the shaman lore, and used to love their identity, but this is just pathetic, I can't stand what they've become.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanscream View Post
    Honestly, My damage has been pretty decent in our raids, and I'm usually 70-90 percentile based on SB procs. I've been having 2 separate problems which is where I agree with you. The randomness is not fun, I absolutely despise going from our #1 dps and falling straight to 6th or 7th because I'm not getting procs, that is infuriating. I've been trying to only prioritize gear with haste on it, because Enh is almost unplayable without it. My second problem is that when I have no procs, am under 40 maelstrom, no overcharge from lightning shield, and no CD's, there's nothing to do. It almost feels like we're just missing a spell. Overall I'm not having fun. I'm staying with it atm because I'm towards the top of our dps WHEN I'm getting procs, but as soon as our raid has an opening I'm going to re-roll to my monk as a healer.

Our 100 talents are frustrating, Ascendance used to be able to carry your damage until it's next use, just seems sad now, and with the RNG on the wolves, they can be stupidly unreliable if you're trying to get them to line up with overcharge or SB, just for them to pop out two fire/frost or both wolves. I've just been running Earthen Spike solely to reduce the RNG of our current state. I miss the end of MoP/Draenor Enhancement. Yeah it was a complicated rotation, but those that could do it were top. Enh just feels like a hot mess right now. I love the shaman lore, and used to love their identity, but this is just pathetic, I can't stand what they've become.
    This right here pretty much sums it up for me. I am holding out til 8.1, although I do not have much faith that it will be fixed. When its not fixed, I will try to move on to another class

The exciting thing is elem is getting a little love, love to deal with.