Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Inb4 she's a drop from the new Old God tentacle boss thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    This is what happens when the story directors are replaced shortly after they made a highly controversial decision that a lot of writers hated, and the new director attempts to undo the damage.
    Wait the story director left? I mean Metzen was at best a consultant by mop foward and I doubt they will undo the Sylvanas warchief so quickly because that would upset a lot of people(considering their HQ is in California) heck Blizzard got a massive backslash just for the Tracey pose in OW
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    this is way too funny

"the loas made Sylvanas warcheif because she was the only choice! because she was the best!! and no other leader could be!!1!!!!"

aaaaay lmao

but in the end, we also get that thing that clearly show it is blizzard writing the lore

no matter how she us fucking up the things, i will do all i can to let her get away with this, just swallow this shit until 8.2
    I like how characters have to be 100% correct and entirely one dimensional for people like you to not call it bad writing.

Vol'jin was wrong, it's not bad writing.

What if similar how yogg paved the way for entry into Emerald Dream the domain of life, the 5th Old God sibling whose remnant is Xal'atath that had gotten consumed found a way to manifest itself in the polar opposite realm that is the Shadowlands and is the entity behind the veil?

Xal'atath was rather bitter against its siblings for consuming it.

Man, what a totally unexpected turn of events. :| /s

I wonder how they are going to explain this to Alliance players or are they going to be left into the dark about major plot events again like with Uldir.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    He's literally just chilling out. He doesn't want to do shit anymore. He clearly cares about the balance of life and death here.
    He threatened to claim Acherus for his own if the Deathlord were to die as he said he had other plans for the citadel. He's not quite done yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    what the hell happened to

"many will not understand, you...must...be...warchiefffffffff" - Vol'Jin

Honestly i hope this isnt true. We dont need another, "see we were played! we are misunderstood! first demons! now void!" followed immediately by another 6 years of alliance claiming victim hood, forgiving and forgetting everything as we say kumbaya and ride off into the sunset again.

If it was Helya id say Eyir would be able to tell because they arent that alien to each other. Not to mention she claims it is someone far stronger than her. Is/was helya alot more stronger than Eyir? I cant recall.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I'm surprised that it isn't Helya since she was recently stated to be "alive".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krilad View Post
    I don't know who is behind Sylvanas becoming the leader of the horde, But I am pretty sure it is the same being that tried to kill chromie in legion.
    u might be on to something. because whatever wanted to kill chromie controlled energies that are generally opposing each other.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I like how characters have to be 100% correct and entirely one dimensional for people like you to not call it bad writing.

Vol'jin was wrong, it's not bad writing.
    anything that even hints at the horde being wrong or anything along those lines is bad writing, didn't you know

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    u might be on to something. because whatever wanted to kill chromie controlled energies that are generally opposing each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    It was Arthas @_@
    Come to thing of it; the vfx for shadowfrost, the blight magic of the drust and the infinite dragonflight are almost the same.

Perhaps our next stop will be Shadowlands and we will perhaps want to question Arthas which in turn will finally drop the final curtain?

10+ Year Old Account
    This story is going to be fun one. But i thought Bwonsamdi got a deal with Bolvar, and then not...

N'Zoth machination? But what use of Sylvanas he could have? He can't control undead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember "A Good War"? Sylvanas expected Elune to intervene. She also knows somehow that higher powers are in play.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    This story is going to be fun one. But i thought Bwonsamdi got a deal with Bolvar, and then not...

N'Zoth machination? But what use of Sylvanas he could have? He can't control undead.
    Sylvanas is useful to N'zoth because she started a war between the horde and the alliance creating an opening for him to make a move while the planet is at its weakest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    Da truth dat it might not be da loa who wanted Sylvanas to be warchief, but somethin' far more powerful.
    Old God did it.

15+ Year Old Account
    It can't be Old Gods because they pretty much hate UD. Apparently UD is immune to their corruption and they wont want Sylvanas in power. There is a chance a 3rd entity will be added to the 2 original Light and Void forces that we had up until now.

Historically LK wanted to turn everyone on Azeroth into UD because they were the only force who could stand against corruption of the Void Lords and stop the Burning Legion.

There has also been a lot more put into the UD as a whole. First they are not horde only any more. We know alliance is making them too including the lightbound UD. Also the alliance side has Calia Menethil who can be the Sylvanas equivalent who steps up to lead UD. There is also Bolvar and Taelia who could play a huge role. Bolvar is apparently one of entities horde players go to to find out who it was that manipulated Voljin to put Sylvanas in power. You have Uther's tomb revamp and the added doors that lead to the underground (if there is no story behind this the the revamp just dont make any sense). You have Bwansomdi and his boss who apparently is quite powerful.

All in all there is alot of stuff happening related to undead and death itself. Few people speculated Death as a 3rd separate force opposing both light and void and we may very well see it.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    I'm really not sure what to think. Normally I would have thought N'zoth, simply because he needs the world to erupt into war. Our next raid is going to be taking place partly on the High Seas (Ion said this emphatically), which reminds me very much of Ogmot's vision of the fleets clashing and shadows building underneath them, and him being so happy at the carnage. What we are doing is exactly what N'zoth would want, I'd wager.
    And then there's the thing with Mueh'zala in Traveller, Mueh'zala appearing in a vision along with the dreadlord master of the Hidden, saying the fire will burn and then it will feast on all of Azeroth. I mean... it could be any fire, but I couldn't help but think of Teldrassil.
    But on the other hand, Mueh'zala is really only another loa of death. Ok, it has more titles, among them the Son of Time and that could also mean something (If Time stops, all circles end and nothing dies anymore, nothing gets created)
    Could Mueh'zala and some other shadow aligned forces (like that dreadlord) actually work together with N'zoth? And could he be simply pursuing his own goal at this point, not actually trying to make Azeroth a vessel for the void to come into creation?
    Maybe he realized that his precious Black Empire will be taken from him, if he fulfills his role faithfully, because the void will simply devour it all and he doesn't want that?

Edit: any I still can't comprehend why people think that the Old Gods don't like UD, when it's them who made them possible in the first place, and when we see Undead running around everywhere in Nazmir. Yes, G'huun is not a 'real' Old God, but he is the remnants of one or some and his power is making them.
    Last edited by mmoc1d0f52de2b; 2018-09-22 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    So it wasn't Bwonsamdi, the Lich King, or Eyir. Apparently it was a new entity that wanted Sylvanas in charge. could this be in preparation for the potential Void threat? Could Sargeras before he was imprisoned have sent a message that Sylvanas was needed to counter the Void threat? Regardless Vol'jin doesn't want to replace Sylvanas as he says to Talanji, only to steer her course.
    ..... You know who I think told Vol'jin to make Sylvanas the warchief? Helya. What if she is the one playing this little game. Helya loves souls, we saw that in Stormhiem, but that deal she made with Sylvanas.. We never found out what Helya asked in return.