Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    hmf...the UK and Brexit...s'funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    hmf...the UK and Brexit...s'funny.
    it is pretty funny.

So the UK runs to Russia and China...that's even more funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I fully expect Trumpkins to poke their heads in, go "WHERE'S THE IMPEACHMENT? WHERE'S THE GUILTY VERDICT ON TRUMP? DURP DEE HURRRRRRRRRRR"

The game doesn't seem to matter to them, only the result. What they don't see is they're fast on their way to losing the game.
    Gee, investigations take time, who'da thunked that?

Right, never mind, forgot Toadstools don't think.

My favorite line from these people are "where's the evidence?"

Gee, I dunno, the dozen or so people Mueller's bagged so far?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    So the UK runs to Russia and China...that's even more funny.
    "The UK and China are both major powers with a global perspective.

"As the UK leaves the EU and becomes ever-more outward-looking, we are committed to deepening this vital partnership for the 21st century.

"The UK-China Strategic Dialogue is an important opportunity to intensify our co-operation on shared challenges in international affairs, ranging from global free trade to non-proliferation and environmental challenges, under the UK-China global partnership and 'golden era' for UK-China relations." - Mr Hunt Uk foreign secretary
    yep, the GOLDEN ERA its being billed as, there currently funding our new power plants down south.

china pushed out that state media narrative to its people, GOLDEN ERA, Brittan is where its at, tell your friends, yada yada.
    http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/201...36940022_2.htm <- china source for a change

we got the same from the BBC.
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2018-09-22 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dont care bear View Post
    we will see in another 50 years but your economic and military position now vs 50 years ago is showing a downward trend,
    The United States is significantly more powerful now than it was 50 years ago. 50 years ago was the 1960s. The Soviet Union had gone on a expansion spree pretty much unchecked from 1948 to 1961. The US went from being far and away the world's most powerful country in 1945 to easily the second most, and increasingly pushed out of strategic regions, by 1965. The US was stuck in the mud in Vietnam in an attempt to not be pushed out of South East As as well.

You talk about 50 years ago as if it was the halcyon days. The United States spent most of the Cold War losing it. It stopped the bleeding in the last 1960s. It stabilized the situation in the 1970s, and turned the tide (with tremendous luck on its side) in the 1980s and 1990s. In fact, it wasn't even until the mid 1970s the United States had clear technology superiority on the Soviet union. In the 1960s, particularly with regards to defense technology, it was pretty much at parity.

So I ask again, what the hell are you talking about?

The Global situation we're in now is complicated and changing. In terms of Unipolarity, the unipolar moment is long since over. The Untied States is not as dominant as it was against EVERYBODY else, as it was in 1993. But that was a historic accident in a sense. The unipolar moment probably ended in 2005. But here's the other thing, except for China, everyone else is far weaker as well than they were even a decade ago.

The current global situation is like this. The gap between China and the US is narrowing rapidly. US relative power vis-a-vis China is declining. No doubt about that. But the power of both relative to the rest of the human race is rapidly increasingly, both due to good luck and choices the US/China made, and significant mistakes others have made.

This is the emergence of the bipolar system that will define the 21st century, whereby the US and China compete across the world, and everyone else is mostly a bit player.

empires don't fall over night they take between decades and century's foreign politics is the long game and i can tell you 100% the EU, Brittan, Russia and the middle east is backing the Chinese. that why the Chinese are building our new nuclear power plants, why we already have trade deals ready with them, yet rejected trumps offer.
    yeah I've been hearing this shit since the 1990s. Wake me when you have a new thought on the issue.

Like really. Oooo a power planet. Spooky.

we know from history your deals amount to broken promises and double cross's. why would we trust a nation that cant even ratify UN law when they were the ones who first proposed a UN?
    No country "trusts" another country'. That's what fools on the street do. Countries are interest driven. The United States wins the game by appealing to vital interests.

You appeal to touchy feely crap that is irrelevant. Keep in mind, it was the UK and France that attacked Libya without an explicit UN backing (rather it rationalized another one, just like the US does all the time). The US got involved because it was in our interests.

Interests. Interests. Interests.

You should never trust us. Your leaders don't. They never have. They never will. Because they're not stupid. But trust is not required for partnership. Thats why nations write things down.

and do you want to know where rot is ?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/?

21 trillion in the red.....

and what nation do you owe the most money too ? take a guess it beings with a C and has a red flag.

today might be orange but the future is most defiantly red my friend.
    Oh this shit again eh? I feel like I'm in 1998 on the Guardian CIF all over again. *shakes head*.

Debt-to-GDP ratio is stable.

Debt-to-Asset ratio is in the green.

The ability of US taxpayers to pay the debt it extremely high.

Why do you think the US remains extremely credit worthy despite it's huge debt load? Because we pay our bills, and in the end, everything is relative, and we're a far safer place to stash money than the UK, whose economy is in decline, Eurozone, which is, will, a bit of a wreck right now, and China, whose books are works of fiction.

Thank god America is a power in an age when so many places in the world do not have their shit together. It's really given us a long of wiggle room.

I thought he was a British nationalist. But obviously not.

it is pretty funny.
    It's really not. Brexit is the most moronic thing a country has done to itself in my lifetime.

Trump is embarrassing. But like a few-year embarrassment. One we'll clean up and all really want to put behind us.

Brexit? That shitstorm will take decades to unravel, and the joke of it is, the UK is still going to almost certainly rejoin in the future anyway.

It'll have to. it will have no room to maneuver in a world dominated by America in the West, China in the East, and the middle powers like the EU and India between.

Isn't that going to be odd... when India sets the terms for Indian-UK trade.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought he was a British nationalist. But obviously not.
    His anti-American crap is so old, it's applying to college.

I come back from a ban and it's like Retro-Friday.

What's the date? *checks Nokia flip phone*

10+ Year Old Account
    it was talked about and known since 04 at least as a threat to traditional media.

http://www.pewinternet.org/2004/10/2...ws-supplement/

you know people had the internet before the iPhone and my-space right ? also the vast majority of people couldn't afford an iPhone till at least 2011-2012 which is when i started seeing them regularly at least in Britain. not that it still means anything to this discussion, the iphone or any phone is just a portal to the net which prior to it most people still had a computer since the 1990's
    Yeah, and the article you linked contradicts it. You can pretend you know what you are talking about, but when your 2004 article talks about the future of broadband, your bullshit about internet in the 90s doesn’t fly. What fucking news source did you access on your 9600 baud modem? News alerts on your Juno news letter?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The United States is significantly more powerful now than it was 50 years ago. 50 years ago was the 1960s. The Soviet Union had gone on a expansion spree pretty much unchecked from 1948 to 1961. The US went from being far and away the world's most powerful country in 1945 to easily the second most, and increasingly pushed out of strategic regions, by 1965. The US was stuck in the mud in Vietnam in an attempt to not be pushed out of South East As as well.

You talk about 50 years ago as if it was the halcyon days. The United States spent most of the Cold War losing it. It stopped the bleeding in the last 1960s. It stabilized the situation in the 1970s, and turned the tide (with tremendous luck on its side) in the 1980s and 1990s. In fact, it wasn't even until the mid 1970s the United States had clear technology superiority on the Soviet union. In the 1960s, particularly with regards to defense technology, it was pretty much at parity.

So I ask again, what the hell are you talking about?

The Global situation we're in now is complicated and changing. In terms of Unipolarity, the unipolar moment is long since over. The Untied States is not as dominant as it was against EVERYBODY else, as it was in 1993. But that was a historic accident in a sense. The unipolar moment probably ended in 2005. But here's the other thing, except for China, everyone else is far weaker as well than they were even a decade ago.

The current global situation is like this. The gap between China and the US is narrowing rapidly. US relative power vis-a-vis China is declining. No doubt about that. But the power of both relative to the rest of the human race is rapidly increasingly, both due to good luck and choices the US/China made, and significant mistakes others have made.

This is the emergence of the bipolar system that will define the 21st century, whereby the US and China compete across the world, and everyone else is mostly a bit player.

yeah I've been hearing this shit since the 1990s. Wake me when you have a new thought on the issue.

Like really. Oooo a power planet. Spooky.

No country "trusts" another country'. That's what fools on the street do. Countries are interest driven. The United States wins the game by appealing to vital interests.

You appeal to touchy feely crap that is irrelevant. Keep in mind, it was the UK and France that attacked Libya without an explicit UN backing (rather it rationalized another one, just like the US does all the time). The US got involved because it was in our interests.

Interests. Interests. Interests.

You should never trust us. Your leaders don't. They never have. They never will. Because they're not stupid. But trust is not required for partnership. Thats why nations write things down.

Oh this shit again eh? I feel like I'm in 1998 on the Guardian CIF all over again. *shakes head*.

Debt-to-GDP ratio is stable.

Debt-to-Asset ratio is in the green.

The ability of US taxpayers to pay the debt it extremely high.

Why do you think the US remains extremely credit worthy despite it's huge debt load? Because we pay our bills, and in the end, everything is relative, and we're a far safer place to stash money than the UK, whose economy is in decline, Eurozone, which is, will, a bit of a wreck right now, and China, whose books are works of fiction.

Thank god America is a power in an age when so many places in the world do not have their shit together. It's really given us a long of wiggle room.
    hehe, i like how when you point out america is on the way out and the world docent like them, every yank turns into a trumpkin on foreign policy

but seriously though your debit IS toxic you compare current debt to current GDP but GDP fluctuates debts grows the debt needs to keep being matched by GDP every decade that passes the amount of damage a rescission will do to the US increases. it is but a matter of time. yea america isn't the only sick economy but it is the one that stands the most to lose. your chips are in on every hand, one bad draw and your out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, and the article you linked contradicts it. You can pretend you know what you are talking about, but when your 2004 article talks about the future of broadband, your bullshit about internet in the 90s doesn’t fly. What fucking news source did you access on your 9600 baud modem? News alerts on your Juno news letter?
    in the 90's mostly AOL, but by 05 - 06 i was consuming news from a bunch of websites.

also a 9600 baud modem is plenty to load a page you know. its not like it was streamed.

i get the impression you were either really poor and couldn't afford decent internet or wasn't interested in getting it but YouTube was 2005 and people could stream fine.

i think your trying to nit pick because you don't like me not because you actually have a point.

this is only 09+ and based on add revenue but adds follow not lead.

in 09 online already made up 17%

newspaper readership decline since the year 2000

now look at the big 3 online souces vice, buzzfeed and vox they were founded in 94,06 and 05 respectively

- - - Updated - - -

It's really not. Brexit is the most moronic thing a country has done to itself in my lifetime.

Trump is embarrassing. But like a few-year embarrassment. One we'll clean up and all really want to put behind us.

Brexit? That shitstorm will take decades to unravel, and the joke of it is, the UK is still going to almost certainly rejoin in the future anyway.

It'll have to. it will have no room to maneuver in a world dominated by America in the West, China in the East, and the middle powers like the EU and India between.

- - - Updated - - -

His anti-American crap is so old, it's applying to college.

I come back from a ban and it's like Retro-Friday.

What's the date? *checks Nokia flip phone*
    i dunno starting a war in the middle east that sparks decades of conflict was pretty moronic.

also its is funny, as they say Comedy Is Tragedy Plus Time and brexit fits the bill nicely.

99.9999% of us don't care as long as they keep sending us delicious curry, without our weekly tandoori the nation might lose it.
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2018-09-22 at 04:14 AM.

hehe, i like how when you point out america is on the way out and the world docent like them, every yank turns into a trumpkin on foreign policy
    What are you talking about? That isn't Trump foreign policy. It's explain the country's vacillating between liberal internationalist and realist schools of foreign policy.

The realist school, which is nothing new, explains the interest-driven nature of international relations.

This "like" shit you're talking is wholly irrelevant to, well, anything. I mean consider the US/UK "special relationship". 70 years of it. It's waxed and waned and waxed again. We've gotten along just fine in that time, but there have been time we've really worked against each other on an issue because it wasn't in our respective national interests.

It's a nonsensical point you're making. International relations isn't a popularity contest. It never has been. It never will be.

but seriously though your debit IS toxic you compare current debt to current GDP but GDP fluctuates debts grows the debt needs to keep being matched by GDP every decade that passes the amount of damage a rescission will do to the US increases. it is but a matter of time. yea america isn't the only sick economy but it is the one that stands the most to lose. your chips are in on every hand, one bad draw and your out.
    Every word in this paragraph is just nonsense. Do we really need to go through three more rounds of quantitative easing like we did after the financial crisis just to underscore

If America's debt load becomes in wieldy, or low tax burden will have to go up to pay for it combined with budget cuts and rounds of QE. It's as simple as that.

The "debt slam" was old and wrong when I was in high school, and that was a very long time ago. You're just revealing your lack of understanding of it, rather than making any point, and this is coming from someone who wants the US to pay down our debt. I want us to live in our means more. But what you're saying? Here? Hogwash. There is no other way to put it.

i dunno starting a war in the middle east that sparks decades of conflict was pretty moronic.
    No. That would be major strategic mistake that will be discussed for centuries, but hardly the doom of the United States as a significant power. The US's global power recovered from the Iraq War and Financial crisis years ago.

Brexit, however, is the end of the United Kingdom is a force in international affairs of any type. The British dug a grave and jumped into it, for reasons.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's some what comical to me that any European national is uppity about the USA. When I visit India or China for work, which sadly happens more often than I like, the main feedback I hear is: America shows its weakness by not utilizing its power more. In particular, my Chinese co-workers think its ridiculous how little the USA uses its power.

Criticism from the UK? Pfft. May as well be France giving criticisms.

Deleted
    What are you talking about? That isn't Trump foreign policy. It's explain the country's vacillating between liberal internationalist and realist schools of foreign policy.

The realist school, which is nothing new, explains the interest-driven nature of international relations.

This "like" shit you're talking is wholly irrelevant to, well, anything. I mean consider the US/UK "special relationship". 70 years of it. It's waxed and waned and waxed again. We've gotten along just fine in that time, but there have been time we've really worked against each other on an issue because it wasn't in our respective national interests.

It's a nonsensical point you're making. International relations isn't a popularity contest. It never has been. It never will be.

Every word in this paragraph is just nonsense. Do we really need to go through three more rounds of quantitative easing like we did after the financial crisis just to underscore

If America's debt load becomes in wieldy, or low tax burden will have to go up to pay for it combined with budget cuts and rounds of QE. It's as simple as that.

The "debt slam" was old and wrong when I was in high school, and that was a very long time ago. You're just revealing your lack of understanding of it, rather than making any point, and this is coming from someone who wants the US to pay down our debt. I want us to live in our means more. But what you're saying? Here? Hogwash. There is no other way to put it.

No. That would be major strategic mistake that will be discussed for centuries, but hardly the doom of the United States as a significant power. The US's global power recovered from the Iraq War and Financial crisis years ago.

Brexit, however, is the end of the United Kingdom is a force in international affairs of any type. The British dug a grave and jumped into it, for reasons.
    im talking about the grand standing and posturing. its very trump like, fire and fury?

also if you don't believe debts an issue, you do you but raising tax inst a cure all and comes with its own huge pitfalls.
    last time i check this:

wasn't a good economic policy.

meh Brexit will be Brexit wont be the first collapse, likely wont be the last. were a small nation, small nations are easier to pick back up. if we can survive the collapse of our empire we can survive this. and lets face it the idea of the Uk as "a force in international affairs of any type" is laughable we have a decent economy and a decent military and some nukes, yea we can shit on 90% of the world like the judgment of god but its u, china and america that own the table, docent matter if we have a small seat or not.

america is growing a pretty big list of strategic mistakes, Korea, Nam, bay of pigs, Iraq, handling the fall of Persia and rise of Iran, training the Taliban, the cue in Egypt that led to the Suzie crisis.... i think i missed a good bunch too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    It's some what comical to me that any European national is uppity about the USA. When I visit India or China for work, which sadly happens more often than I like, the main feedback I hear is: America shows its weakness by not utilizing its power more. In particular, my Chinese co-workers think its ridiculous how little the USA uses its power.

Criticism from the UK? Pfft. May as well be France giving criticisms.
    France does have a longer and more successful history than the US, you should probably take note when they give criticism.

7+ Year Old Account
    France does have a longer and more successful history than the US, you should probably take note when they give criticism.
    Heh, not surprising that you, a brit, would miss the point.

The current world powers are speaking, please be quiet.

Edit:
    Actually, don't worry about being quiet. Where it counts, no one is listening to you.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2018-09-22 at 04:50 AM.

Deleted
    Heh, not surprising that you, a brit, would miss the point.

The current world powers are speaking, please be quiet.

Edit:
    Actually, don't worry about being quiet. Where it counts, no one is listening to you.
    fine by me trumpkin's

when your done tweeting about the size of your hands the rest of the world will just have to pick up your check as usual. don't want you bringing democracy to any more oil rich nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I fully expect Trumpkins to poke their heads in, go "WHERE'S THE IMPEACHMENT? WHERE'S THE GUILTY VERDICT ON TRUMP? DURP DEE HURRRRRRRRRRR"

The game doesn't seem to matter to them, only the result. What they don't see is they're fast on their way to losing the game.
    More like, "Where's the unrestricted FISA documents?" "What specific crime was committed to begin the Russian investigation?" "Why is the media so afraid to find out the truth Bob Woodward?"

7+ Year Old Account
    fine by me trumpkin's

when your done tweeting about the size of your hands the rest of the world will just have to pick up your check as usual. don't want you bringing democracy to any more oil rich nations.
    Really? That's the best you've got? You should check my post history before jumping to unfounded conclusions. But, given what you've posted in this thread, not too surprising.

Deleted
    Really? That's the best you've got? You should check my post history before jumping to unfounded conclusions. But, given what you've posted in this thread, not too surprising.
    Did you not just belittle my country and grand stand American supiriority?

Hehe that's the thing you don't get, you yanks are all the same, there's a little babie trump hiding in each of you, and all it takes to bring him crying to the surface is a little criticism of you nation.

You yank liberals play at being European but deep down you will never be a Liberal only a repressed trumpkin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like to debate politics with people much, but I just wanted to say that I have really appreciated reading your Trump Episodes @Skroe

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you not just belittle my country and grand stand American supiriority?
    In the post you quoted, nope. In a previous post I kind of did, which is unfair: I've met and befriended many Brits, co-workers and otherwise. What I find entertaining is any Brit mocking the USA on international activities given Britain's past.

Hehe that's the thing you don't get, you yanks are all the same, there's a little babie trump hiding in each of you, and all it takes to bring him crying to the surface is a little criticism of you nation.

You yank liberals play at being European but deep down you will never be a Liberal only a repressed trumpkin.
    Yanks are all the same? First I was a trumpie, now we're all the same.... seriously, wtf dude.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2018-09-22 at 05:19 AM.