Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    In the post you quoted, nope.

Yanks are all the same... first I was a trumpie, now we're all the same.... seriously, wtf dude.[/QUOTE]

You are trumpie. Just like every yank. Some wear it on the sleeve other you just need to scratch the surface.

Keep proving me right though. You little trumpetts are funny when the orange finally shows.

A little criticism of your foreign policy, a little criticism about you economics and a simple pointing out that all empires eventually fall. And even skroe, Mr anti-fa himself is proclaiming American perfection and superiority over the world, and your telling the little nations to pipe down..... How very.... Fascist and trump like
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2018-09-22 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dont care bear View Post
    Yanks are all the same... first I was a trumpie, now we're all the same.... seriously, wtf dude.
    You are trumpie. Just like every yank. Some wear it on the sleeve other you just need to scratch the surface.

Keep proving me right though. You little trumpetts are funny when the orange finally shows.

A little criticism of your foreign policy, a little criticism about you economics and a simple pointing out that all empires eventually fall. And even skroe, Mr anti-fa himself is proclaiming American perfection and superiority over the world, and your telling the little nations to pipe down..... How very.... Fascist and trump like
    We get it. We really do.

You want the collapse of America.

You want the economy in utter ruins.

That way, any former U.K. citizens will have little to no choice but to return to England.

You want your Piers Morgan to come home, where he belongs.

We can read between the lines at your true motivations.
    If ever I give inaccurate information, I will apologize when corrected and adjust my views. It will be a cold day in hell before I stick to a falsehood out of misguided principles. If ever I insult you though, trust it to be an accurate insult, which I will not apologize for nor adjust my view of you.

7+ Year Old Account

Oh, I see what you are. Dammit! *bumps own forehead*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pazazu View Post
    We get it. We really do.

That way, any former U.K. citizens will have little to no choice but to return to England.

I'd say get on with it then but... Looks at trump... Your doing a fine job already so... Keep going I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Some one who brings out what really hides inside you. An orange devil you really uncomfortable with.

Personally I blame the diet of nationalism you get brought up with over there. It seems no matter what happens after that little nugget taints everything.

well in my humble opinion it goes back about a decade and a half. around that time the media seemed to have a big scare around the "new media" as in the internet only platforms who were really the first to push click bait as news,
    I don't think clickbaity news are much different from a Daily Mail headline. This smut has been around much longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pazazu View Post
    We get it. We really do.

The odd thing is (and take this from someone who sees US power projection in overwhelmingly negative terms) who replaces them?

If the USA fails, who rises to take their place?

As appalled as I often am by the self interested and rapacious face of US imperialism, I think it indicates an infantile understanding of world politics to assume that their replacements will be any better, or do we really feel that China is some workers paradise? Calling for an end of US power begs the question: Who supplants them, and are they likely to be even more ruthless?

Yanks are all the same... You are trumpie. Just like every yank.
    What's the point of this? Has it really come to some kind of idiotic generalisation of Americans? I thought most people grew out of that after high school? If you actually knew Americans, you'd know that like any community, there is nuance, there are differences and there is no underpinning racial profile. Are there some predominant patterns? Sure. But you're either being intellectually lazy or seeking to get a rise. There's a word for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It's really not. Brexit is the most moronic thing a country has done to itself in my lifetime.

Trump is embarrassing. But like a few-year embarrassment. One we'll clean up and all really want to put behind us.

Brexit? That shitstorm will take decades to unravel, and the joke of it is, the UK is still going to almost certainly rejoin in the future anyway.

It'll have to. it will have no room to maneuver in a world dominated by America in the West, China in the East, and the middle powers like the EU and India between.

Isn't that going to be odd... when India sets the terms for Indian-UK trade.

Now now, the UK has a 3rd path available, as the 51st (52nd? etc) state, although I doubt that many in the UK would be pleased at such a measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Aside from any political opinions, I hope you're also storing these either offline or in some blog format. The writing and narrative arc is good. It's interesting to zoom back to the first post:

That's from almost exactly a year ago. Do you think the punch line is coming in the next six months?
    The system is utterly corrupt and ultimately no matter how bad the President is the vote will fall down party lines. So mid terms at a minimum.

- - - Updated - - -

You yank liberals play at being European but deep down you will never be a Liberal only a repressed trumpkin.
    What the fuck? That sentence doesn't even make sense. Where are you from anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    More like, "Where's the unrestricted FISA documents?" "What specific crime was committed to begin the Russian investigation?" "Why is the media so afraid to find out the truth Bob Woodward?"
    That is easy, we know what crime was committed to start the Russian investigation, it was the Trump Tower meeting with Kushner, Manafort, and Trump Jr. We can thank Papadopolous for that. The FISA documents have exactly NOTHING to do with this, other than to get the Republicans the info they need to attack the sources for everything. You know, How Nunes has tried to do, but has made an ass out of himself every fucking time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do like how most anti-US sentiments like the one popping up in this thread are "Well empires rise, and no empire has lasted forever."

People making this argument seem to forget a few major points about past empires:

1) Past great empires lasted for centuries. We're talking 600 to 700 years for some.

2) Past great empires were... well... empires. They were unilateral rule of a country expanding outward and exerting its control over everything it touched, effectively putting every territory into its empire. There's a huge difference between being an empire, and a military that maintains a world order. We basically have the UN, WTO, NATO, and other organizations, founded and/or led by the US, who put some basic guidelines by which other countries must abide, but the US otherwise allows every modernized western country to self-govern, to the point that we can have posters like dont care bear sit at their computer desk, enjoying a comfy job and a comfy life while being allowed to heavily criticize the country primarily responsible for the mostly peaceful western world we live in today.

I'm not saying the US is fail-proof, but the US is also decidedly different from past "empires". However, the US letting the western world decide on its own policy... even deciding to go against the US because it feels the relationship isn't mutually beneficial, may be the ultimate demise of the western world order. We have a bunch of chuckle heads who believe that if every country strikes out on its own, keeping its own interests not only as their first, but their ONLY concern, they'll be just fine.

These people will elect politicians to make sure the country can strike out on its own, and then when every country breaks apart, we go back to warring, killing, squabbling over territory, while big powerhouses like China and Russia laugh gleefully as they see all of the tiny fractured countries just ready to be snatched up into some REAL empire building.

Want to maintain your sovereignty? Here's a hint, the US is neither a joke nor is it mostly worthless. I really do hope the western nations of the world stick together and continue to hold a strong western alliance, but I already see the seeds of dissent being sewn by Russia and others. Most of the anti-US sentiment spread in Europe is done so largely at Russia's behest. We know troll farms work over time to make some people feel like they are big stronk men who do not need alliances. I love freedom of speech as much as the next guy, but our free speech and free press is exactly what REAL empire builders are trying to use to break up national alliances. And Trump has been one of their biggest victories in that regard. Trump has been incredibly divisive not just internally for the US, but externally with US allies. I pray that the next president can repair the diplomatic damage done by Trump, as I believe, more than any domestic damage, the diplomatic damage Trump has done will be the most long lasting, and the damage that we will feel the hardest down the road.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    The odd thing is (and take this from someone who sees US power projection in overwhelmingly negative terms) who replaces them?

If the USA fails, who rises to take their place?

As appalled as I often am by the self interested and rapacious face of US imperialism, I think it indicates an infantile understanding of world politics to assume that their replacements will be any better, or do we really feel that China is some workers paradise? Calling for an end of US power begs the question: Who supplants them, and are they likely to be even more ruthless?
    While I was just being completely sarcastic to the British Shackler, I do actually believe that, just like in government, global hegemonic entities need the same kinds of checks and balances. We've been at a point in history I think where the power and influence level of America is going to decline, but certainly not in a collapse kind of way. No nation should be allowed to do as it pleases with little to no ramifications on a global scale. Currently, the U.S. and China are both in that boat. When a country is so strong that no one can else in the world, not even a coalition of nations, can oppose them then they act with impunity. They can commit any action they please and just bully or buy off opposition. It would be terrific if a nation's populace could hold it's leader's feet to the fire when the nation acts in ways that are overall detrimental to the well being of the world at large, but that hardly ever happens historically.

It's also not about 'replacing' the U.S. with a different titan either. That simply isn't going to happen anytime in the next 50+ years without some random unforeseen catastrophe occurring, but it would be nice if there were enough nations with the economic, political, and military clout to exert enough influence as to keep in check some of the more wanton actions of the U.S. which has historically shown to be rather quick to roll out its military after short term diplomacy. China internally is an utter piece of shit in more ways than I can count, and externally it has shown that to partner with it is to get the short end of the stick every time, but it's influence is growing economically and by extension diplomatically and will eventually be at a parity with the U.S. Militarily though it's still decades behind, so any major economic or diplomatic confrontations that occur between it and the U.S. that cannot be resolved will invariably lead to military actions, which always end up being much to the detriment of nations caught in the crossfire than to the actual aggressors.

What would be nice to see is a third option globally that is neither allied to nor beholden to the headbutting that will happen between the U.S. and China in the future. Personally, I had hoped that would be the EU when it was being formed, but that didn't pan out. It's still way too beholden to the U.S. Pipe dreams mostly, I know,, but eventually we'll be in another great war that would have been avoidable at the diplomacy table that sat empty because just the right muscle flexing shitbags ended up as heads of state at the wrong time. With the U.S. in the top dog position it is in currently, it's more likely to wind up jumping into that war with a smile. If it wanes, the seat at that diplomatic table will be more likely to be have an ass warming it in negotiations.
    If ever I give inaccurate information, I will apologize when corrected and adjust my views. It will be a cold day in hell before I stick to a falsehood out of misguided principles. If ever I insult you though, trust it to be an accurate insult, which I will not apologize for nor adjust my view of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    America's foreign relations hinge on the fact that the United States expends significant resources to essentially run planet Earth as we know it, and it's highly beneficial and cost effective for most of the human race to buy into the system....Never mistake the sleeping giant for a drunk one. That's my message. You don't have to like any or all we do. And you certainly don't have to agree or be obedient. You are who and what you are. But under-estimate America's vast and disproportionate power compared to everyone else on Earth at you peril. It never works out for your time. Your type is always left behind asking "why could we not affect change?"

Because you do not have the power to do so, and that is the way things are.
    While I have my own criticisms of the U.S., I know that I am unable to come up with a viable alternative that at least has the strengths of (or improves) the current model for the U.S. and other countries; but also do as much as it does, as efficiently as it does. That's the thing with criticism, it's great as feedback, but without an idea of how or what to change without sacrificing what the current model gives means that we are stuck with the current model (flaws and all) until a better alternative presents itself. Many naysayers are unable or unwilling to offer criticism coupled with meaningful reforms; which in many cases comes across to me as petulant whining. As they are unable or unwilling to take a seat at the table and participate (instead electing to stand off in the corner grumbling to whoever may listen), they then become offended that they are left out. I mean, really? It's not that you are left out due to lack of opportunity; it's that you are not willing to cede anything when working with others and instead expect the rules to be rewritten at your request. Get real. Oh you don't like that and wish to impose your vision upon the world? Let's see how that works out for you when you come up against the other players in the game. You don't have to like it or agree, but the reality of the situation will affect you regardless of your feelings on the matter. Until you recognize that your perspective is not the only one that matters when it comes to affecting change in the world, then you will continue to be handicapped by your own hand and limited by other major factors and players you refuse to account for.
    @Skroe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I don't think clickbaity news are much different from a Daily Mail headline. This smut has been around much longer.
    I believe the old-school term you're looking for is "yellow journalism".

Can you explain it to me then? Is he just some emo edgelord T-Word or an incredibly amateur/bad version of Johnathan Pie's comedy routine?

also
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html
    you have more debt than the next 10 other nations, youre in a death spiral and you don't know it you economy needs to grow only to keep up with the debt it will eventually bottom out, its just a matter of when.
    on this point, the world don't care if Americas liberal or illiberal it could be a communist or nazi state for all it matters, what matters is your top and for as long as your top there will always been wolves at your door. if china fails another will rise, either Saudi choking you when oil starts tor un dry or Russia squeezing you geopolitical or even your own allies finally forcing that vaulted dream of a single European state and shafting you in the back.
    The Saudi’s will never be in a position to choke us with oil and gas. I work at the largest petro chemical site in the US and we have been using domestic feed oil for several years now.

I know it’s not very popular around here, but fracking has ensured our oil and gas supplies will support this nation until 2050ish, at which point green fuels will start to rival oil and gas usage. We are now exporting oil products and We’ve been exporting LNG.

The Saudi’s have done everything they could to make fracking not economical but the technology has improved so much they can’t even accomplish that now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Michh View Post
    The Saudi’s will never be in a position to choke us with oil and gas. I work at the largest petro chemical site in the US and we have been using domestic feed oil for several years now.

I know it’s not very popular around here, but fracking has ensured our oil and gas supplies will support this nation until 2050ish, at which point green fuels will start to rival oil and gas usage. We are now exporting oil products and We’ve been exporting LNG.

The Saudi’s have done everything they could to make fracking not economical but the technology has improved so much they can’t even accomplish that now.
    Smart move being self sufficient on oil and gas at least till 2050, though it is a finite resource.

Though the Saudis working against the US is a very long term goal of there's, there closer goals involve using the US against there rival IRAN.

China, Russia and the rising EU are the biggest threats to American supremacy in the near term*.

*near term is in global foreign policy terms that works in 100 year time frames.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ex-White House official revises statement to Mueller after Flynn guilty plea: report

McFarland made the revision after her reported testimony to Robert Mueller's investigators —stating that she never talked to Flynn about his discussions with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak about sanctions — was contradicted by Flynn's guilty plea last year, The Washington Post reports.

“On that call, Flynn and [McFarland] discussed the U.S. sanctions, including the potential impact of those sanctions on the incoming administration’s foreign policy goals,” read a line in Flynn's plea agreement.

The former top Trump aide told investigators in her revised statement that Flynn may have been talking about sanctions during a 2016 conversation the two had that McFarland initially denied had anything to do with sanctions targeting Russia's government, according to the Post.
    Impeach the MF.

The most humorous part of these tired manifestos is that I will be making a hundred bucks at the end of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Except for the budget because he needs that wall money.
    He'll sign the budget. He's already toned down the "shut down the government during the midterms" rhetoric. He'll sign, he'll blame the Democrats, and there will be no Wall. Again.

Deleted
    The United States is significantly more powerful now than it was 50 years ago. 50 years ago was the 1960s. The Soviet Union had gone on a expansion spree pretty much unchecked from 1948 to 1961. The US went from being far and away the world's most powerful country in 1945 to easily the second most, and increasingly pushed out of strategic regions, by 1965. The US was stuck in the mud in Vietnam in an attempt to not be pushed out of South East As as well.

You talk about 50 years ago as if it was the halcyon days. The United States spent most of the Cold War losing it. It stopped the bleeding in the last 1960s. It stabilized the situation in the 1970s, and turned the tide (with tremendous luck on its side) in the 1980s and 1990s. In fact, it wasn't even until the mid 1970s the United States had clear technology superiority on the Soviet union. In the 1960s, particularly with regards to defense technology, it was pretty much at parity.

So I ask again, what the hell are you talking about?

The Global situation we're in now is complicated and changing. In terms of Unipolarity, the unipolar moment is long since over. The Untied States is not as dominant as it was against EVERYBODY else, as it was in 1993. But that was a historic accident in a sense. The unipolar moment probably ended in 2005. But here's the other thing, except for China, everyone else is far weaker as well than they were even a decade ago.

The current global situation is like this. The gap between China and the US is narrowing rapidly. US relative power vis-a-vis China is declining. No doubt about that. But the power of both relative to the rest of the human race is rapidly increasingly, both due to good luck and choices the US/China made, and significant mistakes others have made.

This is the emergence of the bipolar system that will define the 21st century, whereby the US and China compete across the world, and everyone else is mostly a bit player.
    All in all, fairly accurate geopolitical analysis. At least to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The most humorous part of these tired manifestos is that I will be making a hundred bucks at the end of them.
    Wow, almost 14 hours pay at minimum wage, quite a windfall.