Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

Kaldorei as Forsaken in 8.1: ..Why?

Given this new info of Kaldorei now being reborn as Dark Rangers and possibly other Forsaken in 8.1 What makes them willing to serve an evil force that slayed them and changed them to that new form and expected to fight against their own race?

All Forsaken still have free will, correct? Sylvanas has zero abilities in bending the will of anyone to her control? If so, then ...I do not see any reason why the Kaldorei Forsaken will agree to serve, especially when the militia in Andorhal immediately rebelled against the Forsaken when they were revived.
    Last edited by death87; 2018-09-22 at 05:34 AM.

Presumably the same force that got all those massacred Dalaran mages in Silverpine to join.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    Given this new info of Kaldorei now being reborn as Dark Rangers and possibly other Forsaken in 8.1 What makes them willing to serve an evil force that slayed them and changed them to that new form and expected to fight against their own race?

All Forsaken still have free will, correct? Sylvanas has zero abilities in bending the will of anyone to her control? If so, then ...I do not see any reason why the Kaldorei Forsaken will agree to serve, especially when the militia in Andorhal immediately rebelled against the Forsaken when they were revived.
    The same bullshit that makes the humans killed by the forsaken help the forsaken who killed them, /cough Amalia Stone/uncough
    Magic mind numbing potions to ease them into a different mindset

Forsaken having free will is now debunked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, if something could magically transform one from a pureblood Aryan into a Jew or Slav (the despicable race), something tells me WW2 would've ended much faster. People can be flexible when their choices are limited.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-09-22 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Those Kaldorei hated their own people and intentionally got themselves killed so they could serve Sylvanas. Being Forsaken was their dream.

Deleted
    Kaldorei Forsaken? What have I missed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Those Kaldorei hated their own people and intentionally got themselves killed so they could serve Sylvanas. Being Forsaken was their dream.
    What? How retarded is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fanatics being fanatical is how fanatics are fanatical! Fanatics have a fanatical ideology that adheres to their fanatic beliefs, through staunch and aggressive ideals their fanaticism is fanatical to the point that only fanatics are fanatical enough about sharing the common ideology of fanaticism.

They don't drink fanta though.

Deleted
    Well, maybe it's not Horde or Alliance they care about, but to fight Elune, who let it all happen. Pure hatred, like Delaryn had at the end of Elegy, when she cursed Elune and renounced her loyalty to her. Just like Sylvanas wanted.

Edit: In A Good War, there's a part where Sylvanas is happy about the unnecessary cruelty some of the Nightelves inflicted upon the Horde forces, because that's what war makes of you. She likes it, it's what she wants. And maybe it's also why they then follow her, because they are as hate-filled as she is and want nothing more than to inflict their own suffering on the world. Oh and maybe because they now share her end-goal, whatever that may be. The death of Azeroth, the death of the cruel gods, the death of everything. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Edit2: And may I remind everyone (who cares to be reminded ) of the questline back in Vanilla where the Forsaken used their plague on a barrow den in Ashenvale? You did not see it from a Horde perspective, so it wasn't that you found out what they actually tried there apart from testing their plague like usual. It's the place that is now full of Forsaken Assassins and ghost druids, though the guy giving you the quest to kill them nowadays says the druids were raised when the Horde corrupted the Heart of the Forest. Dor'danil Barrow Den.
    Last edited by mmoc1d0f52de2b; 2018-09-22 at 07:13 AM.

Aren’t undead described in Chronicles to be hatefilled monsters who just want to destroy all life..? I remember arguing over in with my wife, because there was “Most of the undead...” part in that description.
    The way I see it, they just become monsters. Some more subtly then others, but monsters non the less. Night elves being undead is probably shocking enough to just drive them crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Aren’t undead described in Chronicles to be hatefilled monsters who just want to destroy all life..? I remember arguing over in with my wife, because there was “Most of the undead...” part in that description.
    The way I see it, they just become monsters. Some more subtly then others, but monsters non the less. Night elves being undead is probably shocking enough to just drive them crazy.
    At some point blizzard need to confirm what happens when an undead is brought back, are the same being or not. Do they have free will or not... they need to explain why undead nelves don't hate sylvannas for cursing them.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    At some point blizzard need to confirm what happens when an undead is brought back, are the same being or not. Do they have free will or not... they need to explain why undead nelves don't hate sylvannas for cursing them.
    Time and time again they confirmed that forsaken have free will. There’s only one question: “Why do they act the way they do if they have control”

Changing allegiance isn't that crazy. I'm not entirely sure what makes people think that Night Elves are immune to changes of heart?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Well, maybe it's not Horde or Alliance they care about, but to fight Elune, who let it all happen. Pure hatred, like Delaryn had at the end of Elegy, when she cursed Elune and renounced her loyalty to her. Just like Sylvanas wanted.

Edit: In A Good War, there's a part where Sylvanas is happy about the unnecessary cruelty some of the Nightelves inflicted upon the Horde forces, because that's what war makes of you. She likes it, it's what she wants. And maybe it's also why they then follow her, because they are as hate-filled as she is and want nothing more than to inflict their own suffering on the world. Oh and maybe because they now share her end-goal, whatever that may be. The death of Azeroth, the death of the cruel gods, the death of everything. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Edit2: And may I remind everyone (who cares to be reminded ) of the questline back in Vanilla where the Forsaken used their plague on a barrow den in Ashenvale? You did not see it from a Horde perspective, so it wasn't that you found out what they actually tried there apart from testing their plague like usual. It's the place that is now full of Forsaken Assassins and ghost druids, though the guy giving you the quest to kill them nowadays says the druids were raised when the Horde corrupted the Heart of the Forest. Dor'danil Barrow Den.
    Ya none of that adds up. Sylvanas and the forsaken didn’t go and join the scourge after they got there free will back because they were hate filled or they saw life or some sort of god as the true enemy now. If the night elfs are joining the forsaken they are either being controlled or blizzard has truly given up on the lore as this flat out goes against pretty much every thing they have ever done with the forsaken.

Deleted
    Sylvanas might not have direct mind control powers, but she does the same thing abusers do to the people they are in relationships with.
    Isolate their "partners" from their old friends (the events in Arathi Highlands in "Before the Storm") and pretend to be the ONLY one that will take them in.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    Changing allegiance isn't that crazy. I'm not entirely sure what makes people think that Night Elves are immune to changes of heart?
    You think having every thing you hold dear ripped away and being forced into undeath is a reasonable cause to have a change of heart? That’s why sylvanas is still loyally serving arthas right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they and everyone they knew hated undead

Now they are undead, and they know how much everyone they know hates undead, so they assume everyone they once knew now hates them which leads them to;

1. Kill themselves
    2. Join other undead who they know don't hate them for existing

Plus there's the whole "undead brings amplifies the worst emotions in people while dampening any positive emotions" thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Most Forsaken aren't in the Horde by choice, but by necessity. Because the Alliance (until recently (Before the Storm)) has never even tried to see them as anything other than monsters.
    Now that Before the Storm is out though... it does become problematic. If the Alliance is no longer blindly hateful and bigoted to Forsaken, then yes... Night Elf corpses switching sides after animation makes no sense, they should first try to kill their animator to demonstrate their continued loyalty to the Alliance.
    Edit: course the wider population might not know this so that does in fact defer back to the default. "I'm dead now... Alliance gonna kill me, Horde doesn't."

Course the faction war is stupid to have in the first place since Reign of Chaos ended but w/e, that ship sailed, came back, sailed, came back etc for the past 16 years.
    Last edited by MrDragon; 2018-09-22 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Well, if something could magically transform one from a pureblood Aryan into a Jew or Slav (the despicable race), something tells me WW2 would've ended much faster. People can be flexible when their choices are limited.
    Yea because racist propaganda has anything the fuck to do with this, like seriously you fucking dimwit.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-09-22 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    there were jewish members of the SS, so your analogy falls kinda flat.

anyway, ignoring further ignorance it's been obvious for quite a while that the banshee queen very liberally uses the mind control powers of her undead nature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aritra View Post
    Sylvanas might not have direct mind control powers
    she's a scourge banshee, they can damage someone with screams and even mind-control through their voice.
    they can also forcibly possess others and manipulate magic.