Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    As BrM it changes stuff for me in AE situations when I'm using the AE taunt of my statue followed by a Keg Smash. Since BrM AE capabilities are rather low (Jade Wind, the rest is on heavy CDs), the extra threat generation was really great for those kind of pulls in m+.
    Yes, it's always a pain if keg smash can't hit all the mobs in the pack just because they stand far away from each other and every single warrior goes bananas with whirlwind instantly as you pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you tanked since Vanilla, you have tanked longer without this bonus then with it - since it only came in 5.4 with Siege of Orgrimmar.
    That's like saying people who have been around longer than the internet shouldn't be bothered if their internet goes back to dialup speeds.

We wanna be moving forwards, not backwards.

As BrM it changes stuff for me in AE situations when I'm using the AE taunt of my statue followed by a Keg Smash. Since BrM AE capabilities are rather low (Jade Wind, the rest is on heavy CDs), the extra threat generation was really great for those kind of pulls in m+.
    Hint: your BrM already doesn't get extra threat from your taunt.. much less a statue taunt for aoe extra threat.

This looks like one of those threads where everyone just quitely leaves once we have some actual information on the topic^^
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    Hint: your BrM already doesn't get extra threat from your taunt.. much less a statue taunt for aoe extra threat.
    I.. didn't even know that. I played DK and Druid before switching to BrM in BFA. I just supposed, it was like this for all tank taunts. :-) Interesting to know tho, thanks!

I.. didn't even know that. I played DK and Druid before switching to BrM in BFA. I just supposed, it was like this for all tank taunts. :-) Interesting to know tho, thanks!
    Yes, monks are the only class that doesn't have an extra aggro on it's taunt. Or paladins doesn't have it too? All other tanks doesn't have it for sure. Don't know about paladins as they never have problems with aggro.

Just checked. Yeah, only paladins and monks don't have extra aggro.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2018-09-22 at 09:40 AM.

Nothing changes.

I'll wait until I play with it before I complain.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    Nothing changes.
    Especially the part where you don't play guardian druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgemnusratsl View Post
    Taunt will be changed. You wont create an increased threat for 3 secs or so . This will be happen in 8.1 if they dont change their mind.
    I started to main a druid especially guardian spec %60 of time, then resto%30, moonkin %10 for dungeon and raid.
    As all of you know guardian is considered weak now. With the change linked below, it is not possible to tank effectively anymore. I struggled with threat in every dungeon.
    Tank Threat is already reduced and at least druids are struggling from low dps. This change will effect raids also. Tank swap will be very difficult.
    If this goes on live server i won’t tank at all, or unsub if don’t feel happy with other specs.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287352/...ents-and-taunt
    Uhm, what part says about the taunt? Just trying to find it.

All I see is an updated tooltip. And the only edit I've found was Prot Warr.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2018-09-22 at 10:13 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Taunt is not gone, stop misleading the people. It's only the increased threat for 3 seconds that is going away. We managed without it before and we will manage again. People will adapt.

Maybe they want to prepare us for Classic threat system?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

So taunt isn't gone, and you just made a clickbait title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Just the 3 seconds of extra threat generation.

Still ridiculous though that they pruned so many tools because threat was irrelevant, leaving only two classes with ways to help the tank now as far as I can think of (rogue/hunter).

Should re-implement some other tools, like give Ret back Hand of Salvation or something.
    Or stop this idiocy of making threat more and more annoying. That's what Vanilla servers are for, it has no place in the modern game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durbi View Post
    Taunt is not gone, stop misleading the people. It's only the increased threat for 3 seconds that is going away. We managed without it before and we will manage again. People will adapt.
    That doesn't make it a good change. It's still a shitty unnecessary change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    Corrrection, this affects tank swaps where one of the tanks is a potato.
    Or has less gear. Or is playing a worse class. It has no upsides and just makes tanking more miserable than it already is.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

New WoW team that seems adamant that their ideas are 'teh bestest!" Even if they have already been tried before and failed hard.

Failure, thy name is Excessive Ego.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really concerned with this.
    On average I taunt a handful of times at most. Generally don’t ever really hit it.

Even with skittish I only used it on the witch trio in Waycrest because I wasn’t cleaving like I should have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Yes, monks are the only class that doesn't have an extra aggro on it's taunt. Or paladins doesn't have it too? All other tanks doesn't have it for sure. Don't know about paladins as they never have problems with aggro.

Just checked. Yeah, only paladins and monks don't have extra aggro.
    Yeah. Pally just has a generic boring "make that 1 mobs attack you", the other classes all have a second mechanic attached to their taunt (extra threat, increased mob move speed, aoe, etc).

When the pally taunt nerf went live, it took a few dungeons (since dps just give zero fucks about what mob they're going balls out on) or boss swaps (since some tanks just had higher threat gen than others) to get used to, but it wasn't the end of taunt.

For boss swaps it boiled down to having to think ahead and having a mini-burst rotation ready so that you knew the other tank wasnt going to pull back ahead of you before the 3 sec debuff was over. For dungeons you just need dps that understands priority kill targets.

It's a good thing they removed threat reductions from almost every class.

If they want threat to matter they have to add ways for DPS to actually lower it besides standing around and doing nothing.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    For dungeons you just need dps that understands priority kill targets.
    "Just get good dps players"
    Sadly it doesnt work like that. I mean yeah it does work exactly like that, but only if you exclude the fact that it's up for a tank and healer to cover dps mistakes. Overaggroed? Tank should aggro better. Ignore mechanics? Healer should heal better.
    It's already frustrating enough to play tank/heal in dungeons with pugs and we don't need it made even more frustrating. I just wish there would be more very clear dps duties besides simply dpsing (which good tank and heal already do in their normal gameplay).

Deleted
    Can't wait to stop attacking after a taunt swap because I do more dps than my co-tank. Super engaging.