Poll: Who do you like more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tal-who? You mean our escaped prisoner?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    I like Tulanji just because we were drunk and spent the first 3 hours of BFA going "Tulanji, missa and misses lady".

Talanji is about to get the Yrel power boost (having important people die so she can get more powerful).
    Rastakhan is supposed to be this badass quasi immortal king of the Zandalari and ends up looking like an inept fool so Talanji can get the spotlight.

Jaina is a thousand times better.

7+ Year Old Account
    I actually like Talanji, I'm just afraid they'll make her something I don't like when it comes to character development.

As for Jaina, she's ok. I liked her much more years ago, but I don't really like all that much what she is now.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Deleted
    Talanji by default.

Jainas character is so fucked up and has been chopped and changed so many times she's gone so so so well past her sell by date.

Call me old and nostalgic, but jaina is one of the last characters i followed the story of during wc3. Looking forward to seeing how they make her story.

For what its Worth i play horde this xpac, havent lvled an alliance alt yet. while i enjoyed the horde lvling experience i dont really feel much towards talanji.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Talanji is better rolemodel. I was afraid she will be forced feminist icon, but she really is imo good creation.

She is strong, but she is also caring, feminine and had her weak moments. In fact I think she is mostly appearing strong for the sake of her people but inside she is terrified with what is going on.
    I also really enjoyed her interactions with Rokhan.

Jaina - I never liked her, since WC3. She was very bland for many years, she was dating each prominent figure, Keal'Thas, Arthas, a friggin Dragon. She was ridiculous in my eyes.
    Now she has a nice design, much better than purple belly dancer, but that's it. She is inconsistent in her feelings and she has her batshit moments, then she appears how sad and torn she is, and so on.
    I like her as possible warmongrel now gotta say. But she is still kinda ridiculous in my eyes.

Talanji on the other hand needs to show that she can make mistakes, and learn from them she had her weak moments but still appears a tiny bit too perfect. I want for her to reach iprenetable wall that would make her put even more effort and character growth. But at least she isn't Jaina xD
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Atwaru View Post
    She did get a speed boost to conveniently race towards a fog bank which splits as she arrives to show an armada that's ready to fire on her command. So she just quickly dials them up to tell them to shoot at the same time as soon as the fog splits while they're still far away. The fog conveniently dispersing enough to give those ships LOS to do an artillery strike on moving enemies. Yeha, no way is that any kind of deus ex machina. It's just that those forces are so good at anticipating that the fog would disperse just enough and that they were sure the ship that's under attack wouldn't be sunk so they just could wait it out.
    Lol, are you talking about the defensive fleet posted just in front of Zuldazar port?
    It's her city, she guided the horde ship right toward its defenses.

But yeah, it's probably more deus ex machina than the city destroyer arcanic magic ship solely controleled by one mage who also just cleared out all the plague of the whole battlefield, mage that even the high king was surprised to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    She is at least half of what you wrote lol her story arc is simply a lot less smaller and historically significant for Warcraft in comparison to Jaina's, so you're missing all the hints.
    Jaina's story is so poorly written that she is the flag joke of bad inconsistent lore in wow and alliance hypocrisy.
    Talanji has not much lore but is coherent for now. She wins hands down.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2018-09-21 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    @Tarba ah so the Zandalari just post random ships around their whole island? There is nothing in the background behind those ships even suggesting a single post nearby much less a port. There is no reason to cover the whole coast with ships and while they might be mighty they're not that mighty. Nice that you're conveniently discarding the fog thing.

Also I didn't say it was more deus ex machina I simply said it was also a deus ex machina. I didn't even deny that Jainas appearance was a deus ex machina and I'm even fine that there is a difference between those two in how "powerful" they are - Jainas appearance certainly had more impact. But saying that none of what happened in that cinematic is deus ex machina at all and it's all just the grand scheme of her is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwaru View Post
    @Tarba ah so the Zandalari just post random ships around their whole island? There is nothing in the background behind those ships even suggesting a single post nearby much less a port. There is no reason to cover the whole coast with ships and while they might be mighty they're not that mighty. Nice that you're conveniently discarding the fog thing.

Also I didn't say it was more deus ex machina I simply said it was also a deus ex machina. I didn't even deny that Jainas appearance was a deus ex machina and I'm even fine that there is a difference between those two in how "powerful" they are - Jainas appearance certainly had more impact. But saying that none of what happened in that cinematic is deus ex machina at all and it's all just the grand scheme of her is bullshit.
    It just makes more sense. Talanji guides the ship toward zandalar naval defenses. Zandalar has one of the most powerfull naval force of Azeroth. They might be allways stationing here protecting the port.
    Also Zandalar has help of loa which talk directly to important people. One particulary talk to the princess and the king.
    And I wouldn't be surprised if the fog was one of Zandalar defense, prepared or not.

So it makes more sense than having a mage who makes guys like mediv, Khadgar, or any mage that ever existed look like complete amateur.
    That raw power could have obliterated the lich king.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2018-09-21 at 10:30 AM.

Talanji is literally some random shmuck they just added this expansion, why would anyone vote for her.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Talanji is nowhere near as bad as people are making her out to be. I like her.

Jaina is a total fanny. She been pulled in a hundred different directions it’s hard to see what blizzard wanted to do with her until BFA now where blizzard have really given more focus to her.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Talanji is a very competent new character. We will have to see

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    Talanji is literally some random shmuck they just added this expansion, why would anyone vote for her.
    Because Jaina is literally an old relic of this franchise who got enough history to make people love or hate her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I play horde mostly, but Jaina is by far one of my fav characters.

5+ Year Old Account
    Talanji, because I'm interested in how she'll play out.

Jaina has too many issues for me. 1. Prior to the bombing of Theramore she felt like a weak character (similar to how Anduin suffers) 2. Instead of moping around, she's running around in action, but still feels like she lacks direction 3. Plot device characterization. Sure, all characters suffer from this, but so much of Jaina's story revolves around being the source of why some bs occurs whether it be her intention or not. 4. I don't like the "blargh I'm mad" human characters in WoW, bc they're boring to me.

Plus Jaina has a fanbase as toxic as Syvanas', so that biases me against liking her ;p She's a beacon for tumblrinas and hypocrisy. I'd like her more, if she had more stable story telling like in BfA so far.