Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    My money is on another entity vol'jin may had encountered in the past in pandaria - sha of disappointment, because this is there this story is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Sylvanas hasn't done anything that truly made an attempt to tear the Horde apart, meaning that her rule is at least salvageable. It's pointless to overreact when you don't even know who actually pushed for this decision and why. Plus, Sylvanas has never taken too well the idea of being used and manipulated by someone: she effectively still holds the potential of rise up against whatever force intended to exploit her flaws for its own schemes.

So far is not even a matter of being right or wrong. We just don't know, not even Vol'jin does since his memory have been wiped out. That's precisely why he says he'll help keep Sylvanas on a "balanced" path rather than planning her removal or something. It's reckless to overreact when you simply don't know shit, even more so when Sylvanas herself may be a pawn of someone else's scheme exploiting her fears and flaws.
    While I understand the logic of your post, the Sylvanas bit is soon to be outdated, given we're due for her to call a hit on Saurfang even though he's staying in prison unable and unwilling to contest her rule, presumably because she hadn't got enough evil points this patch and needed to get a few more:

https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=165791/worn-cloak
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Lol it is a proof that blizzard wanted Sylvanas as warchief no matter what because of marketing reasons and are trying to find a way to justify the choice ingame... im sure it will make as much sense as this faction war. Oh well... what would we expect from Blizzard writing?

I dunno. The idea that events on a single planet are enough to screw up the balance between Life and Death is kinda silly. Unless that balance only exists on Azeroth?

I'm all for the return of Vol'jin though. 10/10.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    While I understand the logic of your post, the Sylvanas bit is soon to be outdated, given we're due for her to call a hit on Saurfang even though he's staying in prison unable and unwilling to contest her rule, presumably because she hadn't got enough evil points this patch and needed to get a few more:

From what I gathered in that thread and also in that WowHead datamined link it is simiply not known who ordered the assassins - it's just people jumping on the bandwagon assuming it's Sylvanas because that's the easiest conclusion, even though there's any number of other possible factions who could also want him dead (for example, for his role in the War of Thorns). Remember after all, that in Saurfang's inner monologue he accepts that Malfurion will make the Horde "pay in blood" after sparing him - so who's to say (for example) these assassins are not allied with him and looking to exact vengeance by taking out one of the Horde's greatest warriors? It's all speculation of course, but that's the whole point, it's speculation - as in, nobody knows for sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by H1gh Contra5t View Post
    From what I gathered in that thread and also in that WowHead datamined link it is simiply not known who ordered the assassins - it's just people jumping on the bandwagon assuming it's Sylvanas because that's the easiest conclusion, even though there's any number of other possible factions who could also want him dead (for example, for his role in the War of Thorns). Remember after all, that in Saurfang's inner monologue he accepts that Malfurion will make the Horde "pay in blood" after sparing him - so who's to say (for example) these assassins are not allied with him and looking to exact vengeance by taking out one of the Horde's greatest warriors? It's all speculation of course, but that's the whole point, it's speculation - as in, nobody knows for sure yet.
    You are right, it could be many things. But this is Blizzard so its obviously Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by H1gh Contra5t View Post
    We went over this with the Burning of Teldrassil. Not to mention the text describes it as setting up a revolution and we strings like "Saurfang Offer" and "Saurfang and Khadgar". The obvious choice is the likeliest choice, i.e Sylvanas calling a hit on him to prevent him from becoming a figurehead for internal dissension in the Horde.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

7+ Year Old Account
    I envy your immense optimism. The writing couldn't be less subtle if it was going in with a crowbar. This has all the hallmarks of Mists 2.0.
    I know im optimistic, because it is highly likely, that this is a form of introduction to the N'Zoth patch, where we find out in 8.3, that he was behind it all along after having interrogated Azshara or one of her followers.

But i choose to hope for something better, eventhough i might get really disappointed xD
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Smells like the rewriting of Garrosh's character all over again, like in MoP. It feels like Blizzard has 2 different writing teams that take turns each expansion and can never stick to a plot and see it through.
    First comes the game, then the lore. They always have a general idea of how the lore, but they first create the Content and THEN come up with Fitting lore. Thus, it's obvious that the lore they put in may not be really good or have inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Clearly it was N'zoth, both alliance and horde killing each and other will weak a lot Azeroth
    but the panda in MoP said that the alliance and horde fighting is what makes them strong

Precisely. Blizzard deliberately wiped Vol'jin's memory out to make him clueless as the rest of us, so that he would look at Sylvanas' actions with the same disbelief while being deprived of the knowledge we, as players, never possessed to begin with.
    It kinda irks me if they did this just so they could hide what they've planned for Sylvanas later on.

Going by this, at some point whichever entity showed Vol'jin visions, they prompted Vol'jin to appoint Sylvanas as warchief. If we try to not go meta, why would that same entity now had to deny Vol'jin memory of the event, if he appointed her when he was lucid enough to understood what visions implied? I mean if he understood reasons behind it then, he would surely understood them now too.

All in all, I don't think it's N'zoth. It'll be some entity connected specifically to all the Shadowlands jam.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2018-09-22 at 11:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    but the panda in MoP said that the alliance and horde fighting is what makes them strong
    Fighting, yes. But burning down trees with siege weapons and releasing the Blight every time....that's different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather

Well, I mostly told that from Vol'jin's perspective. We had to expect Saurfang was going to pull the rebellious card at some point and he's obviously not going to be meet with hugs and rainbows for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Remember "A Good War"? Sylvanas expected Elune to intervene. She also knows somehow that higher powers are in play.
    This could be related to Tyrande ascension scenario?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It kinda irks me if they did this just so they could hide what they've planned for Sylvanas later on.

Going by this, at some point whichever entity showed Vol'jin visions, they prompted Vol'jin to appoint Sylvanas as warchief. If we try to not go meta, why would that same entity now had to deny Vol'jin memory of the event, if he appointed her when he was lucid enough to understood what visions implied? I mean if he understood reasons behind it then, he would surely understood them now too.

All in all, I don't think it's N'zoth. It'll be some entity connected specifically to all the Shadowlands jam.
    What if....it was vol'jin who was to weak to keep his memory ? As if blacking out after long night of drinking. Perhaps he was intoxicated with his new knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I mostly told that from Vol'jin's perspective. We had to expect Saurfang was going to pull the rebellious card at some point and he's obviously not going to be meet with hugs and rainbows for that.
    Im still thinking that saurfang will start fashion rebelion. Thats why he wants us to wear cloack with hood as well. He wants to brute force push a fashion trend.

Deleted
    We went over this with the Burning of Teldrassil. Not to mention the text describes it as setting up a revolution and we strings like "Saurfang Offer" and "Saurfang and Khadgar". The obvious choice is the likeliest choice, i.e Sylvanas calling a hit on him to prevent him from becoming a figurehead for internal dissension in the Horde.
    Although Blizzard have already said that Sylvanas will not get the "Garrosh treatment", which by default would include the reference to the assassinations of figures within their own faction. I'm not saying you're wrong or Blizzard are wrong, I'm just saying there's an opposing statement from Blizzard that goes against this possibility that must be also considered when speculating.

Muez'hala is my bet as others have mentioned. There's even shrines to him in game.

It would be cool if it was someone like Kel'Thuzad though but it wouldn't make sense.

It's not especially out of character for Sylvanas to have him assassinated, but I'd prefer if she call for it to happen after he gets out rather than while he's in prison, so she has some plausible cause to do so. She had a good enough read of him before to know that she could send him off during the Battle for Lordaeron without meaningfully affecting the Horde's approval of her.
    @H1gh Contra5t
    They also said there'd be more to the Burning. And her not being Garrosh can extend only so far as that she's not the final raid boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    Muez'hala is my bet as others have mentioned. There's even shrines to him in game.

It would be cool if it was someone like Kel'Thuzad though but it wouldn't make sense.
    Muez'hala, Helya or Odyn are the likely ones, might also be Kel'thuzad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mind ya tone, bull-mon... or ya be talkin' with ya father soon enough.

Well I guess that answers that question haha