Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It was clear from the beginning. Kul'tiras shamans meant Zandalari paladins. It's always fair and even.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Aren't all priest and paladins in WoW generic light worshippers?
    They shouldn't be.

But yeah, more or less. Its the problem with mechanics vs lore.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Would be awesome if they had like unique animations and spell names tho. Seeing a Zandalari in Judgement armor popping wings n shit is gonna be weird
    Kind of like how super weird it is to see a Tauren in Paladin gear?

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Kind of like how super weird it is to see a Tauren in Paladin gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Ha ha yeah, maybe even as weird as a tauren!
    Yes. Tauren Paladins are still stupid even after so many years, but Zandalari would look even more stupid

Said it befor, I'd assume these are the voice lines of the devoted Loa worshippers the Alliance faces in the Council of Loas encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    It was clear from the beginning. Kul'tiras shamans meant Zandalari paladins. It's always fair and even.
    So Mag'har can be Paladins, because Dark Iron can be Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Said it befor, I'd assume these are the voice lines of the devoted Loa worshippers the Alliance faces in the Council of Loas encounter.

No, the ratio between alliance shamans and horde paladins is even. Let's be real here dwarfs are dwarfs with dark skin or not.

Deleted
    With Bwonsamdi, I'd rather be a Zandalari Death Knight now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post

I want
    "The reckoning is at hand" is a direct copy of a quote Blood Elves use....VERY interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Without the taint of fel-blood, there isn't any real reason why an orc couldn't be a paladin. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherina View Post
    Can Zandalari be DKs? Can Dark Iron dwarves?

Both of those races were around long enough, and had exposure to the scourge, that there's no reason why they shouldn't be able, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Without the taint of fel-blood, there isn't any real reason why an orc couldn't be a paladin. :/
    With the proper training most creatures alive should be able to invoke the light, and become paladins. Or some form of Paladin, for that matter. Orcs tend to be very opposed to the paladin ideals of order, discipline and righteousness, and instead prefer honor and ferocity, and thus align closer to nature and elemental magic. An orc raised by a paladin, on the other hand, could easily become one, I'd assume. It is just so uncommon that Blizz hasn't made the option available, just like Pandaren Death Knights, which exist, but aren't playable either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

Can Zandalari be DKs? Can Dark Iron dwarves?

Both of those races were around long enough, and had exposure to the scourge, that there's no reason why they shouldn't be able, IMO.
    Dark Iron can't. I assume Allied races thus far cannot be Death Knights for the simple reason of heritage armour and the 'level it to max' requirement.

On the other hand you can argue that Dark Iron, until very recently, were rather secluded, and nowhere near where the scourge roamed, and the same goes for Zandalari. I assume that there are some of both, but in such a small number that they don't warrent mentioning, lorewise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aetherina View Post
    Oh for the love... how would that make any sense? Lich king was being controlled by Bwonsamdi or something? You do know that's where DK's start?

No. They could be DK's, just like Kul'tirans could canonically, but no Bwonsamdi. Though probably they won't cause the hero class and allied race systems don't do well together.

Aaanyways, these voice clips don't necessarely mean theres more than a paladin npc. So... let's not get ahead of ourselves.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-09-22 at 04:58 PM.

She sounds very like a crusader to me.

LOA VULT INFIDEL!

As a proud Zandalari Paladin i would join Yrel's effort to cleanse all realities from the impure and the heretic <3
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Please, please, PLEASE let us be Zandalari Paladins!

Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    She sounds very like a crusader to me.

LOA VULT INFIDEL!

As a proud Zandalari Paladin i would join Yrel's effort to cleanse all realities from the impure and the heretic <3
    Damn fanatics us real zandalari paladins control the light WE COMMAND IT, we dont serve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

And still no Forsaken paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    And still no Forsaken paladin.
    And it should stay that way forever.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Damn fanatics us real zandalari paladins control the light WE COMMAND IT, we dont serve it.
    Damn heretics, the real zandalari paladins ENFORCE THE LOA WILL into the heretics, ideally breaking their skulls with our weapons blessed by the Light, and with that power we will CLEANSE Azeroth from all these impure lifeforms. First Azeroth, then the universe and all realities!
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Oh for the love... how would that make any sense? Lich king was being controlled by Bwonsamdi or something? You do know that's where
    Have them start at level 58 or 60 right in front of Bwonsamdi with a portal to Orgrimmar. No starting zone. Normal Zandalari will also start at level 20 on Zandalar and then take a portal to Orgrimmar, with no starting zone of their own, just like other Allied Races.

With the proper training most creatures alive should be able to invoke the light, and become paladins. Or some form of Paladin, for that matter. Orcs tend to be very opposed to the paladin ideals of order, discipline and righteousness, and instead prefer honor and ferocity, and thus align closer to nature and elemental magic. An orc raised by a paladin, on the other hand, could easily become one, I'd assume. It is just so uncommon that Blizz hasn't made the option available, just like Pandaren Death Knights, which exist, but aren't playable either.

- - - Updated - - -

Dark Iron can't. I assume Allied races thus far cannot be Death Knights for the simple reason of heritage armour and the 'level it to max' requirement.

On the other hand you can argue that Dark Iron, until very recently, were rather secluded, and nowhere near where the scourge roamed, and the same goes for Zandalari. I assume that there are some of both, but in such a small number that they don't warrent mentioning, lorewise.
    According to the wiki, the Zandalari have been pretty widespread throughout the history of Azeroth. But the most relevant info is from the wiki, where Zandalari trolls would have had direct exposure to the scourge and Arthas in northrend:

"The Zandalari trolls traveled to Zul'Drak in Northrend to record the fall of the Drakkari to the Scourge. They established bases at Zim'Torga and Dubra'Jin. In doing so, they discovered that the Drakkari were killing their loa to obtain their powers. This was something new; in the recent conflicts at Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub the loa had been imprisoned, not outright killed. The Zandalari opposed the Drakkari in their efforts to slay their gods, but still did not help them against the Scourge."

But I think you have a point about the seclusion of the Dark Irons. They're pretty common in the eastern kingdoms down around badlands and Blackrock Mountain. But I can't think of any real scourge presence in the same areas Dark Irons occupy in numbers that would allow for DKs to be anything other than a rare exception, similar to the Panda DKs you mentioned.

Overall, however, I think the point about DKs circumventing the heritage armor process is a problem Blizzard just doesn't want to tackle. :/
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-09-22 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Aren't all priest and paladins in WoW generic light worshippers?
    No. Night Elf Priests worship Elune. Tauren Priests worship An'she. Troll Priests worship the Loa. And that Paladin voice over still talked about the Loa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    No. Night Elf Priests worship Elune. Tauren Priests worship An'she. Troll Priests worship the Loa. And that Paladin voice over still talked about the Loa.
    But it's all essentially "the light". Just under different names.