Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've only ever dated white men with roots in western Europe, never had any issues with language/cultural clashes as such, but the American was a whiny manchild (always a victim) whilst the Italian was... He was too passionate, he scared me sometimes even though he surely didn't mean to! I don't want shiny things, nor do I want to be a trophy woman.

My sister grew up in a very mixed area and has dated guys from Africa/Middle East. She's had some nightmarish experiences, but the one she's now dating seems to be just as Swedish as her in his ways, just born to parents from Zimbabwe.

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    that sounds pretty racist...
    Not trying to be -- it's great to get to meet and be with people outside your race but when you settle you should always come back home. Mixing doesn't do anyone any good (take it from someone who's Asian) it's just not worth it, you're children and their children's children will never succeed as well if you had married inside your own race.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese and onion View Post
    Is this a serious post?
    It's a fresh alt account. Best not to engage with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

My experiences with dating non-Greeks has been mixed, at best.

Of the serious relationships I've had since I was 18

Two have been Japanese
    Korean-American
    Thai
    Romanian
    Cuban-American
    French

The only one I would go back to today if I could was the Cuban girl and the Romanian girl.

I'm open to any background for dating, but now that I'm thinking more and more it's time to settle down, get married, and have a family (I am 36), the more I'm thinking it'd be best to find a girl from a similar background to me. Preferably Greek, or barring that, from an Orthodox country at least like Serbia, Albania, Romania, Russia etc. Or a Jewish girl from the same region as me would work too.

I'm pretty sure I won't marry an Asian or Western European though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezoteus View Post
    Not trying to be -- it's great to get to meet and be with people outside your race but when you settle you should always come back home. Mixing doesn't do anyone any good (take it from someone who's Asian) it's just not worth it, you're children and their children's children will never succeed as well if you had married inside your own race.
    Lmao, that's a bunch of bullshit, I'm mixed Swedish/Filipino, life is all good with the exception of racists.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I've only ever dated white men with roots in western Europe, never had any issues with language/cultural clashes as such, but the American was a whiny manchild (always a victim) whilst the Italian was... He was too passionate, he scared me sometimes even though he surely didn't mean to! I don't want shiny things, nor do I want to be a trophy woman.

My sister grew up in a very mixed area and has dated guys from Africa/Middle East. She's had some nightmarish experiences, but the one she's now dating seems to be just as Swedish as her in his ways, just born to parents from Zimbabwe.
    Just be careful, African/Middle Easterners are some of the most violent humans on Earth. I always had 911 on speed-dial whenever I dated a black/brown woman if they got to unruly or their family and or friends turned violent.

In the US you most likely date Americans cause the country is so big. Maybe Canadians if you're on the Northern border or Mexicans if you're on the Southern.

We're usually hyphenated here so you might hear of an Italian-American dating an Irish-American or a Polish-American. (They all have a Catholic background)

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    So you inherited your racism from your parents ...
    People like you are morons.

Why is it racist to have a standard to which you find attractive? Yes I want my kids to be white, so what, that doesn't make me racist. If I ask you if you like sucking dick and you say no are you a homophobe?
    Don't be retarded

Been okish with other Europeans, some really bad with non-Europeans. I'll stick to Europeans, preferably Swedes.

Deleted
    Just be careful, African/Middle Easterners are some of the most violent humans on Earth. I always had 911 on speed-dial whenever I dated a black/brown woman if they got to unruly or their family and or friends turned violent.
    I don't know if this is good bait

It's a strong opener but I think you may have overplayed it

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I'm open to any background for dating, but now that I'm thinking more and more it's time to settle down, get married, and have a family (I am 36), the more I'm thinking it'd be best to find a girl from a similar background to me. Preferably Greek, or barring that, from an Orthodox country at least like Serbia, Albania, Romania, Russia etc. Or a Jewish girl from the same region as me would work too.

I'm pretty sure I won't marry an Asian or Western European though.
    One of my aunts is single and looking for a relationship, around your age. She's religious, Serb from Yugoslavia.

Thankfully here in the States, that is the opposite of the truth. Your race or etc does not dictate your success. My condolences if your area has such standards.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I've dated a fair few foreign ladies in my time, being a bit older, it was frowned upon back when i was a youth... In the 90's i was dating an Indian lady and one night in bed, she said to me "I won't be able to see you after tonight, as i'm getting married in the morning." It was an arranged marriage and the guy she was going to be married to was a closet homosexual and had no interest in her, but it was set up years before... Wonder if they had a mixed race child.

Deleted
    you don't need to try, you are doing it very well inconsciously....

seriously what a bunch of bullshit. sounds like the way of thinking when the whole society is racist, like in Japan for exemple. with the usual racist bullshit "I'm not racist, BUT you can't date foreigners! cause it's bad. period!".

GTFO

7+ Year Old Account
    I have dated a filipino guy before, he was very caring, he loved to cuddle a lot, other than that i only dated a cuban that was super afraid of coming out as gay, i get its a taboo in their culture but that killed our relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    do u ever date foreigners? what is ur experience with dating foreigners? language? culture? religion?
    Married to a British woman, I'm Danish. So. No religious worry. Language was no problem. Culture - slightly weird compared to.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Go back to your cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    I mostly date Japanese and Chinese people. It started off as necessity - I lived there, so there wasn't really much of a choice in terms of races. Now I'm back in Europe but I still stick to them for the most part, they grew onto me. For vastly different reasons - as a matter of fact I don't think there are two groups of peoples quite as antithetical to each other in the whole world.
    Haha if you lived in Asian countries, *you* were the foreigner, not them.

- - - Updated - - -

It was fine. Have to be careful about language issues and cultural issues. Not necessarily stepping on eggshells, but knowing that there are differences, respecting those differences, and talking about what those differences may be. I'm from the US, so the person's English may be excellent, but there are colloquialisms that they may not know.

5+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Agreed. You might even learn something dating outside the type of people you grew up with. Imagine that!

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, an Asian. That explains it.
    lol... what is wrong with being asian?

10+ Year Old Account
    lol... what is wrong with being asian?
    As such nothing, Koreans and Japanese however do have a bit of a name of not being very open to foreigners for relationships, especially darker skinned ones. Now this may be just hearsay but that's why people make statements like that.