View Poll Results: Would you like to see Warglaives opened to other classes?

Voters
284. This poll is closed
  • Yes

137 48.24%
  • No

147 51.76%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushbunny View Post
    It would make sense but it would require new attack animations for some abilities per class to not look awkward .
    No. WW monks did just fine throughout most of Legion with BROKEN fist weapons animations. (how do you like being impaled by your own weapon each time you attack?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    This is the biggest issue this game currently has.
    It's an issue I have. And I was wondering wheter other people feel the same or whether I am in the minority on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Come BFA I was very surprised the new weapon type of Warglaives remained exclusive to Demon Hunters. Considering Warglaives of Azzinoth were exclusively Warrior and Rogue weapons (and later Death Knight, Monk and Demon Hunter exclusive), I was kinda hoping those classes would get to use Warglaives.

Would you welcome this?
    Yes, because there is no reason why not. It is the weapon they chose for themselves specifically, but that doesn't mean others couldn't use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thraps View Post
    considering Demon Hunters are the only people to use warglaives in Lore it doesn't make any sense to open it up for other classes. Otherwise we may as well just go all the way back to Vanilla/BC times where classes could use a multitude of weapons, hunters spring to mind
    Sentinels, Wardens, Spellbreakers, Shadow Hunters.

No, bring back Spec-Specific Artifact Weapons next xpack that we can craft ourselves (no unique lore items for everybody please) - problem solved. Every spec has a unique weapon.

Deleted
    A counter argument could be made here that Hunters have THREE separate weapon types for themselves. (even tho Warriors and Rogues can equip them - can't use them tho)

Why take away one of the things that gives the Demon Hunters their identity?

Lorewise, there are other classes that use warglaives. Spellbreakers and shadow hunters come to mind, so yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Because they already have million other things going for them.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    only for the fact that someone could trade me their warglaive drops .. since i got everything 365+ still both weapons 345....

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I thought it is double jump and gliding. Warglaives arent demon hunter identity. It is elven/trollish identity. Warglaives are used by DHs because they happen to be all elves.

7+ Year Old Account
    We do see non-Demon Hunter NPCs wield glaives, so I'd say it would make sense that some other class wield them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Warglaives is not a demon hunter weapon, its the demon hunters weapon of choice. Night elves guards and wardens have their warglaives, blood elf guards have theirs and trolls also use glaives. Sometimes I wish that weapon types were tied to races and not classes or a mix between the two.
    MSI GTX 970 - MSI Z170A Gaming M7 - Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz - 32GB Corsair Vengence 2400MHz - 500GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO - 1TB WD HDD

Yes, because why not?

Glaives should be available to others. They can keep the term Warglaives unique to DHs if they wish, although I see no point in it.
    But other types of glaives should be available to anyone it makes sense for, like rogues and warriors.

Deleted
    Night Elves, Blood Elves and Trolls who aren't Demon Hunters use Glaives as weapons. This is a very prominent thing and only people you don't have the slightest clue about the Lore could claim, that only Demon Hunters use Glaives in battle. So other classes should definitely be able to use Glaives.

But i like the idea mentioned in this thread, to differentiate between the War Glaives Demon Hunters use, and between normal Glaives, which could be a new weapon type. This could be a very good solution in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Glaives should be available to others. They can keep the term Warglaives unique to DHs if they wish, although I see no point in it.
    But other types of glaives should be available to anyone it makes sense for, like rogues and warriors.
    Currently glaives don't make sense for rogues and warriors, though. Warriors currently only dual wield 2-handers, and Outlaw is Blizzard's swashbuckler fantasy.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Because they already have million other things going for them.
    That's a good reason? What's the benefit of a rogue or a warrior wielding glaives? Demon Hunteres are supposed to be a Hero Class, they're supposed to be special. It's bad enough Death Knights became just another plate class, pretty soon the Demon Hunter is going to look and function just like a rogue.

I'd make the upcoming nightelven glaives transmoggable for nightelves only - on swords and axes.

Warriors should absolutely be able to use Glaives since Arms based on the Fighter from D&D, capable of equipping and using literally any weapon, being a "master of ARMS". The only thing they can't equip besides Glaives are Wands, since, at least in D&D, they are magical items that the better ones require attunement, and the highest level ones (such as end-game max level wands in WoW) require attunement by a spellcaster, which Warriors obviously are not. Also, just because you can equip a glaive doesn't mean you're necessarily going to use it. Sure Arms warriors are well versed in one-handed weapons, but that doesn't mean they're going to use them since they prefer the big two-handers instead. They can also equip bows, guns, and crossbows too, as well as the old throwing weapons. Again, they're experienced with them, but they choose not to use them (though in D&D, all of these would be options for you, if you so choose to do so).

Rogues got access to the glaives because it'd be weird to make them a Warrior-only weapon. Obviously as Assassination/Subtlety, you wouldn't want them since you can only use Daggers for your sneaky-but-lethal strikes, but Outlaw Rogues use bigger, more combat-oriented weapons, hence its original spec name of "Combat"; you went toe-to-toe with enemies where you wouldn't want to do that with tiny daggers. Rogues are kinda like DHs already, minus the fel powers and blindness of course, so I'd say for sure they should be able to equip-and-use Warglaives.

Monks, yeah I could easily see that working for Windwalkers. When you think about it, warglaives are essentially just long-bladed Fist Weapons anyway. A little bit of training with a Demon Hunter master would easily let a Windwalker use them.

Death Knights, no. No, not at all no. It makes no sense at all and I don't even know why they were given Illidan's prized Warglaives of Azzinoth to begin with. While Frost prefers its quick strikes and combining their weapons to deal heavy blows as well, Warglaives just don't fit or work with a Death Knight.

As for the other classes not listed on the Warglaives of Azzinoth list:

- Mages/Priests/Warlocks: No. Makes no sense. Warlocks I could see them maybe messing around with them, but again, makes no sense to actually use them.
    - Druids: If Feral/Guardian ever gets to actually dual wield again like Legion, then I'd say absolutely. Until that time comes, no.
    - Hunters: Nah. Don't see that working since Survival uses 2h weapons.
    - Shamans: Actually yes. I could see Enhancement rocking these since they do enjoy using their fists, like Windwalker Monks. I'd be all for that.
    - Paladins: No. Like the clothies, this makes no sense.

TL;DR Warriors (purely for the sake that they can equip anything), Rogues (usable by Outlaw), Monks (usable by WW), Druids (if Feral/Guardian get Dual-Wielding in the future, usable by them), and Shamans (usable by Enhancement) should be added to the list of classes that should be able to equip Warglaives.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-09-22 at 10:14 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    No, they're firmly tied to DH now and I'm totally cool with that.