[Confirmed] Diablo TV series coming to Netflix

https://revengeofthefans.com/2018/08...ellboy-writer/

RTF HOT RUMOR: Netflix Is Developing A DIABLO Series With HELLBOY Writer
    August 29, 2018

Netflix has found success adapting games into TV series, as they did with Castlevania (which will return for its second season on October 26), and they seem to have found their next foray into that world. A hot rumor just arrived on my desk, and it concerns the Diablo video game franchise getting its own Netflix series, and that a writer has already been tapped to develop it.

The early buzz on the upcoming Hellboy remake is quite positive and, as is often the case when Hollywood hears good things about a relatively unknown talent and seeks to lock them up before their price tag soars to new heights, the writer of the film has apparently been tapped for Diablo. His name is Andrew Cosby, and when I say he’s “relatively unknown,” I mean so only in terms of being a household name. Cosby has been around a while, and even co-founded BOOM! Studios. He’s got an extensive resumé when it comes to adapting movies into comic books, as well as producing movies and TV series, and now he’s been hired to adapt the Diablo games into a TV show for Netflix.

The Diablo series has been around since 1996, and is an action role-playing/hack and slash mash-up where players take “control of a lone hero battling to rid the world of Diablo, the Lord of Terror. Beneath the town of Tristram, the player journeys through sixteen randomly generated dungeon levels, ultimately entering Hell itself in order to face Diablo. [Wikipedia]”

Cosby has dabbled in writing for the screen before. Aside from the work he’s receiving raves for on Hellboy, he’s also written for TV shows Eureka and Haunted, and he served as a producer for the Denzel Washington, Mark Wahlberg two-handed 2 Guns.

While I can’t confirm it just yet, I think it’s a safe bet that this Diablo series will be another animated venture, similar to Castlevania.

What do you think, Diablo fans? You excited for this?

- - - Updated - - -

Rhykker in his latest video seems to be a bit dismissive of this rumor due to the fact that people connected to this rumor are already working on projects with Diabloish themes. Rhykker thinks it could be just a misunderstanding. But, we'll see.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

Rhykker in his latest video seems to be a bit dismissive of this rumor due to the fact that people connected to this rumor are already working on projects with Diabloish themes. Rhykker thinks it could be just a misunderstanding. But, we'll see.
    Was about to post the video but i read your update.

Yes, it seems a case of "mixing things up" due to similar names, but we don't have anything strong to debunk the rumor. So that's it, it's kinda a shot in the dark and while it's in the realm of possibility it came out of nowhere without any real lead that could confirm it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account

Ok, so it's not a rumor anymore - could change the thread title.

Honestly, i don't really know what to think. Definitely Blizzard is working hard to get the hype on Diablo high again after the D3 debacle, but an animated serie could end being cringy as hell and do more damage.

Oh, well, i hope it's CG and on the level of the Blizzard cinematics we're used to.

Did not expect this. Was hoping some big updates to D3 or another Diablo game.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    you cant possibly expect it to be on the level of the cinematics that take several months to render 2 minutes and an insanely high budget to render, on an episodic basis? That'd be insanely expensive and take way too long to produce a TV series on a reliable schedule.

It's likely going to be entirely 2D like castlevania.
    I know - taht's why i'm dubious. I love Castlevania but the serie isn't exactly clicking for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, so it's not a rumor anymore - could change the thread title.

Honestly, i don't really know what to think. Definitely Blizzard is working hard to get the hype on Diablo high again after the D3 debacle, but an animated serie could end being cringy as hell and do more damage.

Oh, well, i hope it's CG and on the level of the Blizzard cinematics we're used to.
    I have no issue with an animated series, especially since the Castlevania animated series was awesome. But of course the Castlevania one was an anime but I am still optimistic

I will always favor an animated series over live action, hell Warcraft should have been an animated series over a live action move personally.. :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-09-22 at 10:40 PM.

If this is successful, maybe we’ll see a Starcraft and Warcraft Netflix series in the future.