Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Hope they leave Survival alone all expansion

This spec is damn near perfect. I love how fun it is to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    This spec is damn near perfect. I love how fun it is to play.
    apparently, it's the go-to spec for arena aswell. atleast, looking at the top hunters in 2v2 in EU, the 4 top hunters are all survival. didn't look further down the ranks, but i just noticed and found it a bit weird, since i thought BM was the go-to spec fo pvp

Survival definitely top now that BM got some nerfs.

i don't care about arenas or raids or dps, it's just a damn fun spec to play, everything about it is fun and balanced

i wish talents were a bit more interesting in some places but they're not bad

I agree, i have a ton of fun playing the survival hunter spec. About as much fun as I had playing the MoP version of survival.

They better not nerf the fun.

You should never say in public a spec is fun. They are bound to have internet crawlers looking for positive reviews on specs which will force them to do something! /sarcasm

Shame they made steel trap a talent and not baseline and it should do more damage for its complexity to use effectively.

Agree its a very fun spec.

It needs 3 changes.

1. They need to make WI baseline
    2. They need to buff/change mastery
    3. They need to nerf haste.

Wildfire Infusion is really the only trait in that row. It is what makes the rotation fun and engaging.

Our mastery is terrible. It it to the point that an item with +15 item levels and mastery is not an upgrade.

Haste has the opposite issue. Around ilvl 360 it became more of a DPS gain then agi for me. At this rate it will be the other way (no haste, no upgrade)

Otherwise it is amazing and I really enjoy it!
    Last edited by Baredgrylls; 2018-09-21 at 02:15 AM.

Yeah I'd only change 3 things

- Rebalance stat tuning
    - WI baseline
    - Increase duration of Serpent Sting or have it hit multiple targets baseline. AoE is very hectic and exhausting

Survival is a great example of a spec that has really strong interaction between its abilities and solid talent options to control pacing and APM. They've done great work to maintain some of the resource and micro management from Legion while streamlining the spec to be more cohesive overall.

- Azerite traits like Latent Poison or Wilderness Survival are excellent.
    - Carve reducing the CD on bombs is great baseline synergy.
    - Alpha Predator gives the option to play a more hectic, fast paced rotation with little or no dps difference so its perfectly optional for most people.
    - The bleed talent on KC is also a great design, considering it has synergy with Feral/Guardian/Arms/Assassins etc. in your group who are multi-dotting bleeds.
    - Tip of the Spear is a fantastic talent that feels rewarding to use. While Mongoose Bite offers a variation on resource management and forward thinking.
    - Wildfire Infusion is fun to use and brings variation to how you make moment to moment decision making, from pooling resources to saving GCDs with dot refreshes.

Overall the spec is just flat out fun to play, regardless of its performance being slightly too strong without any real weaknesses. The secondary stat weighting isn't any issue thats exclusive to SV, so Blizz need to do more work in general here for all classes but it is especially bad for SV. This is primarily due to how many of our rotational skills have reduced CDs from haste, I'd rather they removed some of the CD scaling here to give the baseline spec a consistent pacing level and letting talents/traits be the deciding factor on how hectic the spec plays.

The haste "problem" was just as bad in Legion and is a consistent offender for other classes like Paladin who are also heavily haste reliant because of rotational skill pacing being defined by haste.
    Last edited by Khrux; 2018-09-21 at 12:15 PM.

I agree.I absolutely enjoy playing SV hunt.

Deleted
    Well since they are nerfing BM, not touching MM I guess they atleast will force pvpers to go surv.

BM will be a retarded shit spec like it was in legion.

They made Survival much easier to play and therefore more fun. Survival in Legion was performing good but was very challenging to play and therefore people didn't like it.

Hope they revert it to ranged so it's actually playable.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Hope they revert it to ranged so it's actually playable.
    You're right, whenever I spec into survival the game crashes.

Deleted
    I like that surv is a melee spec now. Now you have 3 fundamentally different specs:
    1. MM focusing on the hunter and being pure ranged dps.
    2. BM focusing more on the correct use of the pet, so your dps performance is divided between being ranged (the hunter ) and melee (the pet) at the same time.
    3. Surv focusing on being mostly melee, with some restricted options to go ranged, if necessary.

The problem is, that MM is not strong enough compared to the other 2 specs.. so IMO they should focus on buffing that one a little a bit, making it on par with BM and surv. This way ppl wouldn't feel forced to play those two..

Personally, I find BM boring and not fun to play at all, while Surv is complete the opposite, hence why I chose to play that spec. However I do understand those, who did not pick hunter to ever go melee on it... their solution should be MM.

I actually liked Surv even more in Legion, and I find it unfortunate they dumbed it down by removing most traps as baseline. It gave you a lot of choice and reminded me of old WoW ability complexity.

Nevertheless it's still a great spec, and it's not even melee, it's melee ranged hybrid, and it does the hybrid part really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    They made Survival much easier to play and therefore more fun. Survival in Legion was performing good but was very challenging to play and therefore people didn't like it.
    i think there is a huge difference between "challenging to play" and "has 100 buttons that have very little interaction with each other and you gotta mash them all on cd." legion survival was challenging to play, but only because it was about 1000 buttons on top of buff and resource management.

people saying to make wildfire infusion baseline.. i disagree. it is an optional button that adds another layer of depth to the spec - i think allowing alt, more casual, or disabled players an easier version of the spec is better for the game overall.

but anyway, yes, survival is very fun to play. leaving dps at the front door for this conversation, the spec is just fucking fun to play!

Deleted
    Other Melle Spec...WOW will be sooner a pvp mellee game.Just tunnel a player and he die with 3/4 melles on him. Very funny.