Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You mean you really don't think that the shadow magic Cordana uses is due to fact she is fel-corrupted? As for the Sisters of Elune fight, remember: fel-corrupted place fel-corrupting everything in it.

I mean, can you point me a living priestess of Elune that uses void-based magic? And, before you just point me to someone that uses shadow magic, it's not enough. Because "shadow" does not equal "void", since fel and necromancy are also "shadow".

Just like both Earth and Wind elemental magic is considered "nature".

Key words here: non-canon.
    I don't. Fel has nothing to do with shadow.

Maiev is using shadow. Shadow does equal Void. Read Chronicles. Lel lol lal lili la, fel is not shadow.

You mean you really don't think that the shadow magic Cordana uses is due to fact she is fel-corrupted? As for the Sisters of Elune fight, remember: fel-corrupted place fel-corrupting everything in it.

I mean, can you point me a living priestess of Elune that uses void-based magic? And, before you just point me to someone that uses shadow magic, it's not enough. Because "shadow" does not equal "void", since fel and necromancy are also "shadow".

Just like both Earth and Wind elemental magic is considered "nature".

Key words here: non-canon.
    maiev uses spirit of vengeance, it's a "shadow" of maiev. maiev says all of her powers are granted by elune.

tyrande uses dark moonlight in the end time dungeon.

elune has been said to have the dark, war-like side known as the night warrior since her inception as a character. if she's a true deity, which it seems like she may be, using both of the fundamental magics of the universe would suit her imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiving Sentinel View Post
    Something about smashing a scepter because the Bronze Flight didn't show up soon enough at AQ to save his son's life and therefore turning the Bronze Flight against night elves in general since Fandral was the leader of the campaign at the time. You really should learn more before you flap off.
    So I wasn't wrong then? Nozdormu didn't bless Teldrassil because he didn't like the NE or their attitude. Thanks.

Besides you flapped at me because I'm hoping for Zandalari Paladins. "Humans, Blood Elves or something with hooves are there for you." Open mindedness isn't a difficult concept.
    Last edited by mmocbdffca557c; 2018-09-23 at 05:33 PM.

You do know that the information you took regards the Tree of Life during Warcraft 3, which is when Nordrassil was still up and alive, before the night elves sacrificed it and their immortality to kill Archimonde, right?
    Ho, right. So we are going to act like if their absence in the game until now wasn't a clear choice from blizz because NE has a society has lost their link with the world tree (and thus their immortality), and that their sudden addition 15years later, after the most significant event in NE history since WC3 has no signification what so ever?

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Ho, right. So we are going to act like if their absence in the game until now wasn't a clear choice from blizz because NE has a society has lost their link with the world tree (and thus their immortality), and that their sudden addition 15years later, after the most significant event in NE history since WC3 has no signification what so ever?

Really?
    Once more, do you have a written proof that Night Elves regained their immortality? I am sure major event like that would be mentioned. Go on, dont be shy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    I don't. Fel has nothing to do with shadow.

Maiev is using shadow. Shadow does equal Void. Read Chronicles. Lel lol lal lili la, fel is not shadow.
    You're literally using the in-game magic type of "shadow". Fel and necromancy are both classified as "shadow" in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    maiev uses spirit of vengeance, it's a "shadow" of maiev. maiev says all of her powers are granted by elune.
    It doesn't mean it's void. Not all "shadow" magic is void.

tyrande uses dark moonlight in the end time dungeon.
    And that is not the real Tyrande, just a whisper-y, lingering image of her.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

You're literally using the in-game magic type of "shadow". Fel and necromancy are both classified as "shadow" in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

shadow magic is void. all of it. game tooltips are unclear, but the chronicle makes it clear that shadow is void.

the cult of forgotten shadow and the woman that leads it makes it pretty plain that shadow is void.

10+ Year Old Account

Really?
    "Trees of life" existed for a long time as the druids could turn into them since... Burning Crusade, I think? And again, the Trees of Life channel the energies of Nordassil. The trees of life by themselves do not grant immortality to the night elves. And since Nordrassil is dead, and has been dead since the end of Warcraft 3, that means the night elves are still no longer immortal.

A comparison would be power plants and energy transformers. Nordrassil is the power plant, trees of life are the transformers. Yeah, you now have the transformers, but if the power plant's not operational, those transformers won't give any energy.

Unless you can show some actual evidence that they've regained their immortality?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

- - - Updated - - -

It is visually shadow, not fel, literally.

Shadow is void.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Once more, do you have a written proof that Night Elves regained their immortality? I am sure major event like that would be mentioned. Go on, dont be shy.
    Ok, I'll try it one more time slower so you can catch it : the Trees of life sudden return IS the proof. Why else would blizzard bring them back, especially if that would create a huge lore contradiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Which - Again - Doesn't mean there isn't a deity involved.
    Are you serious? The whole gimmick of the "light" in warcraft is that IT'S NOT A DEITY but a concept, a force like shadow or death.
    You are REALLY trying to talk lore when you don't even know something as basic as that?

I think you should go play WC3.

Nordrassil hasn't had any power since then. It was a major plot point in Cata that the Night Elves regained their immortality when the Dragon Aspects blessed Teldrassil. They wouldn't prior because Fandral Staghelm had left a corrupt bough of the tree, which in the new Night Elf starting area, you deal with. Nordrassil wasn't gone then, but from Vanilla to Wrath, the Night Elves weren't immortal.
    Lol what?
    So where exactly it is said that Nordrasil has lost all power at the end of WC3?
    It just said that it needed to heal and regrow (thing he has obviously done by the time cata roll out, because as you may have noticed, the tree was perfectly fine then).
    And your lil spiel about how Teldrasil being blessed by the aspects whire gave back their immortality to the NE is just completely wrong, once again showing that you have no idea on what you are talking about.
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Teldrassil
    Alexstrasza, impressed that the tree could prosper alone without her influence or her kin's, blessed it belatedly. The tree flourishes even more under the gift from the Life-Binder, even if still being unable to return the night elves' immortality.

Now Teldrassil is in flames. You tell me if you think they're still immortal as it burns.
    /facepalm

If anything that just proved that NE could regain immortality with a suitable world tree, and guess what? Nordrasil is still here, alive and kicking, there's just a missing link and that link is the Trees of life who are making their come back.

- - - Updated - - -

Shadow is void.
    Nop, it's the other way around. The void is shadow, but not all shadow are void.

Ok, I'll try it one more time slower so you can catch it : the Trees of life sudden return IS the proof. Why else would blizzard bring them back, especially if that would create a huge lore contradiction?

Are you serious? The whole gimmick of the "light" in warcraft is that IT'S NOT A DEITY but a concept, a force like shadow or death.
    You are REALLY trying to talk lore when you don't even know something as basic as that?

Lol what?
    So where exactly it is said that Nordrasil has lost all power at the end of WC3?
    It just said that it needed to heal and regrow (thing he has obviously done by the time cata roll out, because as you may have noticed, the tree was perfectly fine then).
    And your lil spiel about how Teldrasil being blessed by the aspects whire gave back their immortality to the NE is just completely wrong, once again showing that you have no idea on what you are talking about.
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Teldrassil

/facepalm

If anything that just proved that NE could regain immortality with a suitable world tree, and guess what? Nordrasil is still here, alive and kicking, there's just a missing link and that link is the Trees of life who are making their come back.

- - - Updated - - -

Nop, it's the other way around. The void is shadow, but not all shadow are void.
    No.

Pure Light and Shadow dwell in a realm outside the borders of reality, but shades of their presence are found in the physical universe. Light manifests as holy magic, while Shadow (also referred to as "the Void") appears as shadow magic. (Chronicle Volume 1, page 10)

Just a reminder, by Tree of life, people mean the giant ancients that disappeared, not the druid form.
    The trees of life were massive.

No.

Pure Light and Shadow dwell in a realm outside the borders of reality, but shades of their presence are found in the physical universe. Light manifests as holy magic, while Shadow (also referred to as "the Void") appears as shadow magic. (Chronicle Volume 1, page 10)
    Yeah.... so EXACTLY what I just said: the void is shadow, but not all shadow are void.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Just a reminder, by Tree of life, people mean the giant ancients that disappeared, not the druid form.

Didn't even tought about the druid form tbh, but yeah, I was talking about the ancient that got FINALLY added to the game with that PTR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    It's still not proof that night elves are once again immortal, though.

Deleted
    In every short story, in lots of quests in Darkshore after Cata, all Nightelves refer to the fact that their immortality hasn't returned. They are still long lived, which they were even before Nordrassil, but the blessing of the Bronze Aspect was what made them actually immortal.
    When Malfurion released the powers from Nordrassil, he gave up the Nightelves' immortality with it.
    Some, including Fandral Staghelm, were furious about that and wanted to have a new tree that would grant them their immortality back. But it didn't. So they asked for the Aspects to bless it again, who refused.
    After Teldrassil was cleansed and Staghelm exposed and gotten rid of, Nozdormu wasn't around to give a blessing, so Teldrassil only got Alexstrasza's blessing (resistance to illness, poisons and such) and Ysera's blessing (the Dream-connection), but not the immortality (in Stormrage). When Nozdormu came back, he gave up his Aspect powers together with the other Aspects and with this also his ability to grant the immortality (in Cataclysm)

As such: Tree cleansed and blessed with good health and good sleep, but no immortality. Nightelves very long lived, but not immortal.

Does it even matter whether they are immortal or just very long lived? Its not like they were unkillable when they were immortal.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Yeah.... so EXACTLY what I just said: the void is shadow, but not all shadow are void.

Didn't even tought about the druid form tbh, but yeah, I was talking about the ancient that got FINALLY added to the game with that PTR

No, it's not what you have said. Shadow is Void and Void is Shadow.

No, it's not what you have said. Shadow is Void and Void is Shadow.
    Yaknow, you strawmaning would work better if we werent on a forum and I could so easily show what I actually said.

Yaknow, you strawmaning would work better if we werent on a forum and I could so easily show what I actually said.
    There is no other way around. It works both ways. Shadow is known as Void and Void as Shadow. In other words, Shadow produces shadow magic. What is so difficult to understand here.

There is no other way around. It works both ways.
    No, not it doesn't, and both the chronicle shema and the text on the next page are pretty clear. The Shadow is vast, and the void is just one part of it, just like the light is vast and the holy is only part of it, or how life is vast and nature is only a part of it.