Poll: What did you prefer

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    When Blizz released WQs in legion, the popular reaction was, "FINALLY something to do in the world! This is the best!"
    Now that it's BFA, the reaction is, "These world quests are so boring!"

My opinion: they always sucked, just took people an expansion to realize it.

On topic, the best way for them to make it feel like there's more content is to make the game more alt friendly. I used to level an alt as a matter of course by this point. But now, I don't want to go through the rep grind or artifact power shit. Last expansion it was the same but with legendaries.
    This. WQs always sucked from day 1 because they were the same old dailies, just spread out all over creation and most relevant when you can’t fly. And the traditional daily structure at least had cool lore blurbs and a unified theme/story attached. WQs in comparison have an NPC saying “kill the thing!” in the middle of bumf*ck nowhere.

BFA’s issue isn’t the content. It’s the rewards for the content offered. No RNG protection, Azerite is boring trash, not enough new mounts/pets/transmogs to go farm if gear chasing isn’t your thing (Warfront rares are actually a step in the right direction for this IMO).

everything there was in legion is still there

the same amount of dungeons

and one extra raidbos

What content did you have in Legion(at the same point in the expansion) that you don't have now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Explosive View Post
    What do you mean with no content in BfA? ??????????????

I honestly didn't have enough time in the world to do everything I wanted, especially not in the first few weeks.

Also, isn't there pretty much the exact same amount of stuff to do in BfA as in Legion? Don't get me wrong, I'm not typically someone who blindly defends Blizzard or so, and I'm alright with honest criticism, but to claim there is no content is a bit farfetched. There's tons of world quests, island expeditions, mythic dungeons, the raid opened... You can even do world pvp or rated pvp if you're into that.

Are people talking about storyline quests or so perhaps? There is no Suramar City or the attunement that came with that, I suppose.

My suggestion, if you still feel like you dont' have enough to do: Play an alt. Get it as high up as your main and keep to maintain it that way. It should fill up your time and it's what most split raiders have to do anyhow (and trust me, they didn't have enough time in the world to do everything they wanted).
    Non of this you posted is new content. Uldir done, dungeons done and playing alts? WoW so exciteing paly exact same content all over again.
    I have done everything what game offered. All i can now is just replay it over and over which is boring as ***.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2018-09-23 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    There is more content that one can do now than there was at the start of legion.

The main issue is that everything just feels bleh/not rewarding. It feels like legion but due to losing your artifact and not getting something equal in return just makes it feel even more bleh/less rewarding.

Mythic dungeons are the same but longer since. They are longer since every one is still gearing up. At the start of legion they took a while as well.

The Raid is just like any other raid. Still fairly good.

The World quests are... well they are just like legion world quests. They just feel worse since the classes feel worse off.

Everything is pretty much the same as Legion but it just feels bleh due to the classes being gutted.

Yes, just 7 to 9 hours a week.

Have you cleared it? Are you in one of the 8 guilds that have cleared it?

If not, then yeah. Saying something like that is dumb. If you are in one of the 8 horde guilds then grats on your clear. You finished the content just like you did in pretty much any other expansion this early.
    I'm just saying that "where's your full mythic clear lol" is kind of silly. I'm working on it only 8/8H and 2/8M right now, but there is more to the game then just 7 hours per week of mythic raiding. Besides mythic+ and raid there isn't that much engaging content. Warfronts are a bust (do once and ignore) and islands are literally the Inga hozen MoP scenario except less fun (just grind mobs till fill a bar). And world quests will make you want to pull your hair out.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-09-23 at 10:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    People consider collecting mounts and pets content.... Lmao!!!!!!!!! What did these people do in Classic? Collect random gray trinkets? Lmao. Now that's grasping at straws if I ever seen it.

10+ Year Old Account
    because blizz did say since ever that they consider fighting Sargeras is the proper send off at end of wow, check legion ending cinematic and tell me what u think
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    No it isnt. Mythic raiding is a different level. Actually everything below mythic was just added so that worse players can see the story. Until the end of BC you only had mythic difficulty.
    eh if we're being honest, it was closer to heroic.
    then again, things are way more mechanic/personal performance heavy right now anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSnoopy View Post
    How do we go from too much content at the start of legion to non at all in BFA
    legion had just suramar and class hall campaign to do. That is it. We got warfronts and islands which would probably be equal to class hall... Suramar is missing - but if it was Legion now, I would have completed that already anyway. There was not "amazingly more stuff" to do.

I have World Quests, Dungeons, and Raids. Suramar is sorely missed though.
    Islands and Warfronts are also "content", even if they were delivered in a poor state.

War Campaign is awfully short considering they consolidated their efforts from all classes down to two factions. I expected more. Besides the misfires on three major expansion features, it's the lack of a huge story / quest-line on the enemy Island that really stings.

I'm mind blown that the majority of people have voted for "too much content".

I've LITERALLY nothing left to do outside of dungeon beside the few WQ that give AP (or battle pet stones).
    There's no cool optional rep to grind daily quest based ala Nether Drakes or Wind Dragon, no great story arc to work on ala Suramar nor overarching goal ala padaren farm or class order hall and no point to level up rerolls to experience their class specific quest like in legion.

Warfront offer a ridiculously low amount of content and island are just boring as hell, but more importantly, nether of them offer a progression path to look forward, they are just mindless stuff to grind for a bit of AP or some stuff and that it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    War Campaign is awfully short considering they consolidated their efforts from all classes down to two factions. I expected more. Besides the misfires on three major expansion features, it's the lack of a huge story / quest-line on the enemy Island that really stings.
    Word.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    People consider collecting mounts and pets content.... Lmao!!!!!!!!! What did these people do in Classic?
    Probably spending 8h a day herbing and farming mobs for cloth so they can get enough gold to buy their skill ranks and pay for repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I think a part of that was/is paragon chest.
    Paragon chests didn't exist at legion launch, they were added in a later patch.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Depends on what you consider content. There's still technically content available as I doubt you've fully cleared mythic Uldir, nor have you collected every pet mount/achievement in the game. Content varies from person to person so technically there's always content since I doubt anyone has fully finished every aspect of this game.
    Care to elaborate?

Legion:

WQs
    Raids
    Arena
    M+
    Battlegrounds
    Grind AP
    Artifact appearances?

BFA:

WQs
    Raids
    Arena
    M+
    Battlegrounds
    Grind AP
    Island Expeditions

If anything, BFA just feels like more of Legion... And in Legion EN was a total joke while Uldir is looking quite challenging. Hell, we've even got new raid content coming out likely in the next couple of months which I would actually say is to fast.

Now, there is a difference... BFA has less "forced" content. I.E. Legion was very much "gotta do everything I can to get that legendary" "Gotta farm all of the AP in the world to get 3 golden traits" etc. But the very same content exists in BFA, the grind has just been lessened. So if you consider something to have a lot of content only if the content is something you feel required to do.... Then maybe you need to reevaluate how & why you play this game.
    Last edited by Fitsu; 2018-09-23 at 10:47 PM.

What was at the start of Legion that isn't in BFA right now?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    The sucky expeditions are really hurting this expac. They don't give anything and they're not really fun. People don't feel like doing them.

There's actually quite a lot of content in BFA... it's repetitive and not engaging.

There's not enough hours for me during the day to do everything I want to do, and that's with playing 10+ hours. Getting back to work soon and I'll have even less time, will be very painful to limit wow time.

This is all so weird. I mean it seems people genuinely think there is nothing to do and that everything is shit in bfa. They're not all just trolling surely, but really believe that... Don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    How is there less content than Legion exactly? Im confused.
    The reward structure is fucked up. Basically for many people it has already now come to the point where only mythic raiding and a single m+/week is relevant content because the tewards for everything else are either way too small or the content is not engaging at all (like islands and warfronts)
    Content that is not rewarding is basically non existing content.

Biggest problem here is the azerite system and everything it stands for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    There's not enough hours for me during the day to do everything I want to do, and that's with playing 10+ hours. Getting back to work soon and I'll have even less time, will be very painful to limit wow time.

This is all so weird. I mean it seems people genuinely think there is nothing to do and that everything is shit in bfa. They're not all just trolling surely, but really believe that... Don't get it.
    If you are playing multiple characters on max level and raid with them then indeed you have a lot to do. If you play a single character on the other hand... You wouöd need to explain me what fills your 10 hours a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    What was at the start of Legion that isn't in BFA right now?
    Artifact weapons that provided a meaningful endgame character progression (not like azerite) and legendaries. I know many people disliked the legendary system, but because they could drop from everything and you could push your bad luck protection with evetything, everything felt rewarding.

We don't ... I've only just finished half the basic content on my alliance character and that was a few hundred hours of game play.
    Barely started the raids, barely touched the Horde half.

Lots of content in BfA and 8.1 a few months out too.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    If you are playing multiple characters on max level and raid with them then indeed you have a lot to do. If you play a single character on the other hand... You wouöd need to explain me what fills your 10 hours a day.
    I do indeed have many alts, but I don't really play them on the end-game content just level them for collectible farming. What I do within the day depends on which day of the reset it is. Again, maybe I'm walking into some rhetorical trap, but whatever. Today for example:

1. Emissary and a pet wq on 4 characters, some hand picked WQs with azerite - 1h
    2. A couple islands, trying to get some pets/mounts - ~1h
    3. 4 m+ dungeons, 3 of them decent, 1 utter fail - 3h
    4. Normal run through Uldir with socials with my guild - 3h
    5. Anchor weed farming on my alt - 2h

So that's about 10h indeed.

On top of that, I am still farming dozens of things in old content, but I try to get that out of the way after the reset so today I could focus mostly on BFA. Still, about 1-2 hours were spent in mog runs (tov, tos, antorus) and caging boars in draenor for the achievement.

But yes, I know I will hear in a sec how 90% of that isn't content, or it's taking me 3 hours instead of 2 hours because I am a shit player or something like that