Poll: What did you prefer

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Your lack of programming knowledge is showing.
    Also I never stated 8.1 was a catch up to anything but 8.0.1
    Your lack of intelligence is showing. Stop backpedalling. You obviously don't have any clue but are trying to claw your way out of your own stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your lack of programming knowledge is showing.
    Also I never stated 8.1 was a catch up to anything but 8.0.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Have you ignored what's coming in 8.1?
    Legion shipped with three raids at launch. BFA requires a patch to catch up to Legion in raid content.

As the previous person said, you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole and failing badly at it.

Also, try and stay consistent. Your lies are too obvious.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-09-24 at 11:35 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Your lack of intelligence is showing. Stop backpedalling. You obviously don't have any clue but are trying to claw your way out of your own stupidity.
    Perhaps I actually do. Instead of flaming, try googling things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Release =/= shipped date
    Ship patch does not always equal release patch.
    @Marlamin
    what a weak argument. so because SoZ was not in the 8.0 code like NH was in 7.0(if it even was) BfA has less content then Legion?

perhaps blizzard has learned to prioritize better - focussing on 8.0 content instead of already adding 8.1 stuff.

tbh, i think Bfa feels like it has less content because none of it feels really fresh and new. it is a continuation of things we ended legion with, with a very cool system replaced with one less so. (artifact weapon vs azarite armor). the new zones and dungeons alone just don't make it feel fresh enough. this ends up with people putting all their eggs in the new warfront and island expedition mode basket - hoping it was the content that would keep them busy throughout the week. it was simply never intended to be that. 2-3 warfront runs per month and 5-6 island runs per month is the soft cap and that's fine.

personally, i have just about enough to do each week to fill some evenings. i have 1 horde and 1 alliance character where's the horde character i only do emissaries for the allied race unlocks + mount daily. on my alliance toon each week i do about 3/4 mythic+, Pvp quests and ranked arena's and RBG's till cap, raid 2 nights a week, couple of warfronts (when available) 5 heroic islands (or 4 mythic if some guildies are running) and finish of my last rep to exalted (damn turtles).

this is enough - think this comes to about 15-20 hours each week and that really is plenty to spend on a video game. at the end of the week i just log on to do my emissary and mount daily and that's fine. there's other things in life.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Legion also had ~= 3 raids that shipped at launch. EN, NH, TOV.
    Legion had 1 finished raid at launch. ToV came in patch 7.1 and while NH was in the game at launch, it wasn't finished and was opened in 7.1.5.

Release =/= shipped date
    Ship patch does not always equal release patch.
    @Marlamin
    Yeah, parts of all of those raids were in the 7.0 client but were regularly updated/added to in patches up to their release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    what a weak argument. so because SoZ was not in the 8.0 code like NH was in 7.0(if it even was) BfA has less content then Legion?
    It wasn't (fully that is).

Parts, does not mean shipped. If it was complete the day Legion launched, you still wouldn't count it as content until you could actually do it. It would be stupid to count it as content before you could play it.

ToV and NH were released in patches and will be compared to other expansions patches, not launches. Unless you want to be stupid, then sure you go ahead and do that.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-09-24 at 12:04 PM.

There's just as much content, if not more. Most of the new types of content are pretty disappointing, though, and the old types are... the same(which is perfectly fine). So you might just not be doing it, but it's still there.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    So, let me think about what I did in previous expansions after hitting max level:

BC:
    Farmed stuff
    Ran dungeons.
    At the beginning not even dailys

WotlK:
    Farmed stuff
    Ran dungeons.
    Made the few dailys you could do.
    Ran trololol Naxxramas and Obsidian Sanctuary (At least the first Hardmode)

Cataclysm:
    Farmed stuff
    Ran awesome hard tuned dungeons.
    Made dailys (good amount)
    Went raiding in pretty good raids.

MoP:
    Farmed stuff
    Ran dungeons.
    Ran Terrace.
    Made all the dailys

WoD:
    Farmed nothing as professions were a joke
    Ran dungeons
    Ran Highmaul.
    Made the few dailys.

Legion:
    Made ton of world quests
    Ran Dungeons
    Ran even more dungeons because of M+
    Ran trololol EN

BFA:
    Made ton of world quests
    Ran dungeons
    Ran even more dungeons because of M+
    Ran a really good tuned raid
    Made Island expeditions
    Made Warfronts

I still don't know how anyone can say there is nothing to do, or even worse, that there were expansions you had more to do.
    Gonna be honest here, your lists shows you playing the game more, not there being more content. There's significantly less content in BFA than there was in the pre-WoD expansions. I.E you list WQ for Legion/BFA like it's a bigger thing than the dailies listed before that, but it's the same thing just with greater variety in the quest pool and more random rewards (not necessarily a good thing), you list dungeons for the pre-WoD expansions but then you list dungeons and mythic dungeons separately afterwards, if you're going to do that you need to list heroic dungeons separately as they were just as if not more rewarding than mythic dungeons (items plus currency to buy raid level gear). Also you don't even list questing for the first few expansions, which had multiple times more endgame quests (with rewards useful in early raids) than WoD/Leg/BFA do.

The only expansion with less content available at launch than Legion was WoD.

Legion also had ~= 3 raids that shipped at launch. EN, NH, TOV.
    ToV was shipped in 7.1, not at launch.

NH was shipped at launch but timegated until 7.1.5

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Yeah, parts of all of those raids were in the 7.0 client but were regularly updated/added to in patches up to their release.
    Resident dataminer has spoken. I win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who must say "I win" is no true winner.

Jokes aside, carry on thinking an incomplete raid is shipped at launch of an expansion that wasn't finished till patch 7.1.5.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/news/20335228

New Trial of Valor Raid
    Since Loken's betrayal, Odyn has been trapped within the Halls of Valor as Helya plots in the shadows to claim the souls of his valarjar champions. In recent days, however, great heroes have arrived in the lands of Stormheim in the Legion's wake. Hoping that their might and determination could tip the scales and end Helya's reign, Odyn summons these champions for a final test.

This new three-boss raid dungeon completes the story of Stormheim. Odyn, Guarm, and Helya will become available in Normal and Heroic difficulties two weeks after the launch of Patch 7.1, with Mythic and Raid Finder Difficulties opening afterward.
    You lose.

7+ Year Old Account
    What kind of Legion did you play OP? For me, it was quite clear, that Legion had a good amount of content, but not oceans. The same with BFA. I actually think BFA and Legion are VERY close at being at the same amount of content at launch, maybe even tilting to the side of BFA with the one with more, since mythic/mythic+ is already laid down so shortly after launch.

While it can ofcourse be up to opinion who has the most content between launch Legion and launch BFA, i think it is completly wrong to say one had A LOT and one had little, especially when the features are so alike. I would personally not count Warfronts and Island Expeditions as a big added feature of BFA launch, since it hits a niche audience, but even without those, the content of BFA still stands up to par with other expansions before it.

I would love to hear arguments for BFA having no content, because i really see it hard to ignore the features that are currently available compared to content available in other expansion launches.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone who must say "I win" is no true winner.

Jokes aside, carry on thinking an incomplete raid is shipped at launch of an expansion that wasn't finished till patch 7.1.5.
    Dude, you are in a fight you can't win. Not because you are not right, but because Lil is clearly trolling and poking at people with sticks. She just needs to be left alone.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    That said nothing about when the content shipped. Just what patch it released. @Marlamin is resident dataminer here, and he backed me up. You lose. I win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Dude, you are in a fight you can't win. Not because you are not right, but because Lil is clearly trolling and poking at people with sticks. She just needs to be left alone.
    Very true. It's probably a he as well, that just pretends.

That said nothing about when the content shipped. Just what patch it released. @Marlamin is resident dataminer here, and he backed me up. You lose. I win.
    Note that what Tekkommo is correct as well. Those raids didn't ship finished and were still heavily iterated upon similar to how the Tomb of Sargeras was between 7.2 and 7.2.5.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Note that what Tekkommo is correct as well. Those raids didn't ship finished and were still heavily iterated upon similar to how the Tomb of Sargeras was between 7.2 and 7.2.5.
    While that is true, my whole thing was about ship dates, not release dates.

10+ Year Old Account
    While that is true, my whole thing was about ship dates, not release dates.
    This whole post is about content we're able to do.

Your trolling was obvious from the start.

5+ Year Old Account
    This whole post is about content we're able to do.

Your trolling was obvious from the start.
    You keep using that word. It doesn't mean what you think it means.
    I wasn't looking for attention or placing bait. I was being serious in my discussion.