Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Varian has to die, so Anduin can be a strong independant man, because Blizz can't have a strong male character with a father.

Cairne has to die, so Baine can be a strong independant man, because Blizz can't have a strong male character with a father.

Grom has to die, so Garrosh can be a strong independant man, because Blizz can't have a strong male character with a father.

Terenas has to die, so Arthas can be a strong independant man, because Blizz can't have a strong male character with a father.

Nefarian has to die, so Wrathion can be a strong independant man, because Blizz can't have a strong male character with a father.

Or maybe you are just so easily triggered that you read things into things when they're not there.
    Comparing the others stories to the Rastakhan is just stupid.

He's an epic character that was just introduced in the BFA and has to die the next patch. Compared to the other examples you provided it's nothing like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Bro, I'm not talking bad about her, but Blizz's one trick writing. Since you can't see that, don't bother responding because I don't have time for your stupidity and explaining the plethora of poorly written female characters who are "good" and all the actually well written female characters who are generally considered "evil."
    That's one way to approach being totally wrecked by your own logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Comparing the others stories to the Rastakhan is just stupid.

He's an epic character that was just introduced in the BFA and has to die the next patch. Compared to the other examples you provided it's nothing like this.
    So don't compare. I didn't, why should you? I responded to a post that made a point about Talanji automatically being a poorly written character based solely on the fact that Blizzard is killing her dad.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nah, poor rasta-boy gonna join gelbin as victim of great chromosome purge.

Let us honor them with minute of silence. And then 10 minutes of dad jokes.
    I hope Gelbin has like, twenty kids. It would be fitting for a Gnome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I hope Gelbin has like, twenty kids. It would be fitting for a Gnome.
    Nope. Everytime he tried to conceptualize, he came out short.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Nope. Everytime he tried to conceptualize, he came out short.
    Come now, look at the size of his mech! Ladies love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Come now, look at the size of his mech! Ladies love it.
    Ladies may love it, but it doesn't solve the issue of device not being properly plugged.

Heh.

If Talanji were a dude, literally no one would care.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Since when did this culture of fans of a certain fiction end up asking/begging/demanding their authors and creators of said fiction to change their story?

Because they don't like it?

Is this something that has happened in the past 5 or so years? I've noticed it a lot more nowadays.
    Its not new, DC Comic's Death in the Family storyline included a poll to see if Robin died.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    He’s an old has been that screwed up and nearly doomed his people.
    It’s time for him to pass the torch of leadership, long live the queen

People make so many wrong claims.

One of them is that bounding bloodline to Bwonsamdi as supposed curse. No it's not. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it in the end Bwonsamdi aided him multiple times, not just to jump to Zul but he summoned army of spirit warriors to help him get through.

Rastakhan made mistakes, he is flawed, but he did wake up and tried to fix the mess. So the plea is to give him chance doing so.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

so Anduin can be a strong independant man
    made me laugh

That's one way to approach being totally wrecked by your own logic.

- - - Updated - - -

So don't compare. I didn't, why should you? I responded to a post that made a point about Talanji automatically being a poorly written character based solely on the fact that Blizzard is killing her dad.
    Like I said, you have no argument, don't bother replying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Like I said, you have no argument, don't bother replying.
    Remember to build stronger walls around your safe space next time, the imaginary progressive haters are getting to you man. Good day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    "Lady alleria's cringe RP corner" ?
    "Rastakhan was a fool to make a deal with the Loa of Death! Not like my heroine Alleria who keeps hearing whispers of pure madness 24/7".

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    The invasion on Dazar'alor was a bluff to get Rezan killed. The second invasion had the seal broken. Zul was playing him all along.
    Struggling to handle a guy who can literally see the future is surely a shining example of stupidity.

In general all horde interaction feels like some messed up version of f.r.i.e.n.d.s
    "We got one hell of an outpost here in Tiragarde, Nathanos will be happy. It may even crack a smile on that face of his".
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

He belongs ta old Bwonsamdi now so be expectin' his spirit ta be around.... for a long time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Struggling to handle a guy who can literally see the future is surely a shining example of stupidity.
    Not listening to your own daughter's warnings or heeding the blood trolls attacks should have those bells ringing by now.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Rastakhan is compelling, but all his story is about how his reign lead to complacency, and his downwfall as a ruler. Yes, he is likeable, but he is still the same guy that gave Zul free reign to pull shit on Cata and MoP. Pretty much all have seen of him, since Cata, is either arrogance or incompetence or callousness, yet BfA has done a great job to actually make him a character.

But he already made those mistakes, those are part of his arc, and saving him as the ruler would invalidate the whole point they have been making with him, and also giving him a free pass for all the shit he pulled.

And truth be told they haven't done much with Talanji so I'm not really exited about her as Queen of the Zandalari, the issue for me is after all that's happened letting Rastakhan live would simply be a cop-out.

Maybe there are ways to let him live and even stay as King, but then you have to ask yourself if it's worth the hassle.
    Yeah, from the get go his entire character was that of an indecisive and complacent guy. Which kind of makes sense as he lived and ruled for far longer than a Troll should, but still, it's not like these traits are new. Lorewalker Cho's stories in Mists painted the exact same picture. BfA did make him a sympathetic character despite his flaws and as such I'd have liked to see him stick around, maybe decide to abdicate his throne and use what time he has left (without Rezan sustaining him) to be more proactive as a sort of penance, but his death was written in the stars from the get-go, and is the clear vehicle of the Zandalari joining the Horde in earnest.

On a side note, the people sperging out about muh feminism in this thread are both funny and sad. Keep the rants coming.

Then what was the point of adding Wrathion/Baine/Anduin to the discussion? It was pointless.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    1) I can't find as many threads about anti "feminists" "anti leftists" "anti-x" and stupid theories on the official forums. MMOC is filled with shit like this. This thread is like this like MANY others, there is always an alt right goon with acid comments about women/black people/diversity...
    thats because everything remotely close to this, not even the thing itself, is closed and people get banned

regardless, we are talking about shitpost, in general, not specific shitpost

Wow is not medieval fantasy and has never been it has its own universe.
    and what wow is? cause its pretty clear a medieval fantasy with other elements like steampunk and alien shit

Zandalari are one of the few races aligned with the Horde that don't have blindingly hypocritical, "how dare you fight back against our naked aggression" type attitudes, but they made their choice which side they'd align with, so I'm fine with helping to put their leader in the ground.

Or his head on a spear in the harbor as we depart, that would work too.