Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Its probably a small group of students disrupting class for everyone else and being megaphoned by the media for clicks. If that many of the most brilliant legal minds actually believe this shit than we are fucked. I refuse to believe that many people are that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    We'll never know since she'll never be tried for various things that she openly admits to but have jailed others.
    So, it's fine to personally judge someone...

Interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    https://nypost.com/2018/08/23/woman-...ced-to-prison/

"The 19-year-old Long Island woman who filed a bogus rape complaint against two Sacred Heart University football players was sentenced Thursday to a year behind bars — and got a tongue lashing from the judge"

never forget.
    Huh. I have a friend who went through the same thing, but instead of the accuser ending up behind bars, he got expelled from college and his life ruined without a trial or a chance to defend himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    My point is that there’s no evidence either way, and that it’s impossible to know. You seem to be saying that people who claim that there are a lot of false accusations must prove it, but that you don’t need to back up your assertion that there probably aren’t.
    For the same reason I don't have to back up my assertion that dragons and fairies are mythical and don't exist in reality. Without evidence to back a positive claim, it can be discarded without any further requirements.

My claim, before you come back, was not a positive claim.

Yes, there are the few verifiably false claims, but like 40% of rape cases get dismissed because there’s just not enough evidence and that’s what we’re talking about here.

My argument is, there’s no way to know, and a society that treats accusation as guilt has serious problems because of the obvious moral hazards.
    Well, that's really just not what's happening. When an accusation is deemed credible and is backed by evidence, the accused may be deemed guilty in the eyes of the public, even if the evidence won't meet the standards of a criminal court.

And that's completely fine. The courts aren't the standard for society. They serve a very specific role, and have strict limits given their power to effect punishment.

To take Kavanaugh as an example, you just have to find one woman who’s terrified that they’re gonna revoke Roe v. Wade and is willing to tell a lie to stop that. Is it hard to believe that could happen? I don’t find it difficult. I also find it easy to believe that he assaulted her.
    If you're going to claim that someone's lying, that's a positive claim. You'd better have some evidence to back that up. Especially when Ford's already been through a polygraph regarding her accusation, and passed it.

Another example is the disastrous Columbia mattress case, which to me is like a case study of how fucked up this whole thing is. Ample evidence on both sides, such that everyone feels they can believe whatever they want. End of the day the accused gets his life ruined and a big check from Columbia, and the girl gets a women of courage award and her bondage themed art gets a lot of attention. It’s just like, FUCK, this can’t be the best way to deal with this.
    The "better" way of dealing with it involves omniscience. What you're pointing at is that, given uncertain information, people will draw differing conclusions and respond accordingly. Opposing that seems silly, since you're literally opposing the idea that people might have opinions and express them publicly. Or, in short, you're attacking free speech.

I fully agree that if that speech crosses lines into slander or harassment or threats of violence, that is bad, but we already have laws that apply in those cases, so I don't see that there's a problem to be solved, there, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Especially when Ford's already been through a polygraph regarding her accusation, and passed it.
    The only thing that Ford passing the polygraph 'proves' is that she believes it. Many UFO abductees also pass polygraphs, and no one but loons give them the time of day.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Courts exist for a reason and honestly the left has just become a sad crazy group of people its like they have a check list, first they look at your record which is reasonable nothing their so then you're a racist 1 week that doesn't work then you're a rapist the week after.

Just listen to the way the first women describe her story the first lady remembered in couples counseling and had a "repressed" memory from 35 years ago when she was drunk at a high school party a this guy groped her over her cloths.

I mean when you here something like that how can you not immediately see this person is fucking nuts, oh wait shes some leftist professor or some shit nvm makes perfect sense now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Isn't her claim that he assaulted her a "positive claim" and therefore shouldn't it require proof?
    It's been provided already.

Your theories about what needs to be proven and what doesn't are mind boggling and mostly seem conveniently in line with your beliefs.
    We're talking about standard burden of proof stuff. The kind of thing they cover in Philosophy 101.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden...f_(philosophy)

Would you trust a republican who had passed a polygraph? I'd be shocked if the answer was yes. Polygraphs are totally unreliable and inadmissible for a reason.
    I didn't say a polygraph was conclusive. But I'd definitely factor it in. And no, the individual being a Republican would not factor into my opinion in any respect whatsoever. I really don't see why you'd assume that.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    https://nypost.com/2018/08/23/woman-...ced-to-prison/

"The 19-year-old Long Island woman who filed a bogus rape complaint against two Sacred Heart University football players was sentenced Thursday to a year behind bars — and got a tongue lashing from the judge"

never forget.
    If people would stop with shit like this. You want rape away from the media and you want it to be dealt with by police and yet one instance out of 100s where it was false and you are championing it like its a big deal. You cannot have it both ways little buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Seeing how everyone now has a fucking phone just make a app that both people have to sign before they fuck cause that is where we are heading.

But then we are heading where both genders are gonna drift apart and both just fuck robots and those who want children just go to a IVF clinic where everything is screened.

Aint humanity wonderful and aint we heading toward a great 'future'? Iam just glad i will have drunk myself to death before i ever get to see it!!

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If people would stop with shit like this. You want rape away from the media and you want it to be dealt with by police and yet one instance out of 100s where it was false and you are championing it like its a big deal. You cannot have it both ways little buddy.
    You got the actual stats or just trying to bro science me bro?

Feels =/= stats. You say its 1 in a 100, what proof do you have of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    The only thing that Ford passing the polygraph 'proves' is that she believes it. Many UFO abductees also pass polygraphs, and no one but loons give them the time of day.
    Which makes it impossible, that she just accused out of malice, since that would imply to activly lie. And yes, maybe her claims do not have enough substance to a sentencing after that time. Especially, with most evidence vanished over time. But generally, rape is one of the least sentenced crimes anyway, due to easily coming down to a deadlock of a "He said-she said" case, if the rapist didn't just bash his victim to the point of having clear signs of being violated. Or by standards applied by law, and society regarding rape decades ago.
    Does that now means, her accusations are lies? It isn't like we are talking about some random guy, who has a low paid office job. We are talking about a guy, potentially holding a lifelong position in the supreme court, and at that position, the people should really have a raputation of being flawless. You wouldn't want OJ as a judge would you? Even after he was found not guilty. And the sexual assault accusations are just the icing on the top...

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Which makes it impossible, that she just accused out of malice, since that would imply to activly lie.
    Unless she no longer remembers, or has built up a lesser incident into something much larger, etc. Memory is both incredibly malleable and inaccurate.

It is even possible that she isn't the one 'purposefully' lying.

And yes, maybe her claims do not have enough substance to a sentencing after that time.
    No, they rather blatantly don't. Which is why the FBI declined the investigation.

Does that now means, her accusations are lies?
    Lies? Perhaps not. Utterly useless as anything but a political smokescreen? Absolutely. Which is why it is only a big deal now rather than when he was in the Whitehouse the first time, or the sheer amount of time that he has served on other higher courts.

the people should really have a raputation of being flawless
    Nope, because it doesn't exist. Especially in the age of the internet.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

10+ Year Old Account
    For every fake charge how many real ones get dropped, ignored or simply dismissed especially in the past? Are these fake claims really a problem compared to the actual number of rapes happening and not being punished?

I would say and thus this thread smells of incels.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can show sympathy for victims without believing everything they say unquestionably.

Yeah, it must've sucked, if it actually happend.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to claim that someone's lying, that's a positive claim. You'd better have some evidence to back that up. Especially when Ford's already been through a polygraph regarding her accusation, and passed it.
    "If you call someone a liar you better have some evidence to back it up!"

"If you call someone a rapist they better have some evidence they aren't a rapist!"

God damn the hypocrisy is real.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You keep citing cases where nobody's lives were ruined and the liar was caught and punished by the legal system.

Tells me a lot.

That was a particularly shitty set of circumstances, but it all came out in the end. See how this works?

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure you're conflating "evidence" with "proof" again.

You need to have evidence before a case goes to court, too. The thing is, with these accusations, we HAVE evidence.
    Yeah, it just came at the expense of distortions to people's lives and millions of dollars.

It alll worked out in the end though.

Laughing at everyone who believes that women don't come forward because of people like OP, who don't automatically believe their stories. How about, women don't come forward, because of other women (or, more accurately, pieces of trash), who keep making up stories, bitter exes and the like, who try to destroy men with false accusations. Instead of "teaching men not to rape", how about we teach women not to lie, and then even the biggest sceptics will have no reason to doubt ACTUAL victims.
    Last edited by Dziubla; 2018-09-25 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    For every fake charge how many real ones get dropped, ignored or simply dismissed especially in the past? Are these fake claims really a problem compared to the actual number of rapes happening and not being punished?

I would say and thus this thread smells of incels.
    If your 'answer' to rape is to empower the crowd to actively witch hunt, then yes, absolutely the cure is worse than the disease. That has nothing to do with being an 'incel' and everything to do with the vast amounts of evidence that history provides.

Deleted
    Well you need to keep it quiet so you can bring it out when they run against a politician you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    If your 'answer' to rape is to empower the crowd to actively witch hunt, then yes, absolutely the cure is worse than the disease. That has nothing to do with being an 'incel' and everything to do with the vast amounts of evidence that history provides.
    When this actually happens i'll start to worry about that particular scenario, before that takes place i rather not become part of the easily triggered crowd that wishes to dismiss the actual problem of rape for a handful of false claims.

If you were on the side of history and evidences you wouldn't be trying so hard to replace an actual issue with an non issue. What's up with these primarily white american males needing extra protection?

Don't expect any further reply back since your kind lacks the intellect and honesty to even bother to read up and look up what you speak from besides your own little incel based "news" feeds.