Page 1 of 2
LastLast

where are demon hunters?

so i finally got to the stage where i started running dungeons, and surprisingly, after some 10 runs ive seen one, maybe two, demon hunters. also didnt see many of them while leveling, but i didnt pay much attention at that point. anyone else with similar experien
    Last edited by hismaimai2000; 2018-10-15 at 05:51 AM. Reason: a

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    People like thematics and Demon Hunter's don't really fit into the game post-Legion

Also, the one race thing is a downer.

Demon hunters are everywhere. Melees are everywhere.
    On the other hand, where are the range dps? Shadows? IF you see a range dps, it's always a mage or a warlock. Or maybe a hunter...

Quote Originally Posted by hismaimai2000 View Post
    so i finally got to the stage where i started running dungeons, and surprisingly, after some 10 runs ive seen one, maybe two, demon hunters. also didnt see many of them while leveling, but i didnt pay much attention at that point. anyone else with similar experien
    Legion is gone so they have no purpose

I was levelling my alt in dungeons and nearly every dungeon had a demon hunter in it, either tank or dps. Dunno if the matchmaking still keeps the rule of trying to spread different armor types into the dungeon groups, if yes, then for example if you play a rogue you might have less chance seeing other leather classes as dps (as healers / tanks I assume whatever comes first to fill the queue anyway).

they're literally the 4th most played dps in raids, they're everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to https://realmpop.com/us.html DHs are the least played class right now. You should take the data in that site with a grain of salt but if I were to guess on a reason I'd bet the race limitation is the biggest contributing factor. They are certainly doing well damage-wise so I don't think performance is the issue here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    According to https://realmpop.com/us.html DHs are the least played class right now. You should take the data in that site with a grain of salt but if I were to guess on a reason I'd bet the race limitation is the biggest contributing factor. They are certainly doing well damage-wise so I don't think performance is the issue here.
    You might want to filter that for 120.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can I take a tangent to say I'm amazed how underplayed Nightborne and Void Elf are? Even on RP servers.

Anyway a bottom half played class at the top of the DPS charts. Yeah, something's wrong here. Probably the one race restriction.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Really? I thought the monk would've taken that slot now more than ever over DH. I always figured people would still be running around with their 110 DH mains/alts as the aftermath of DH hype from legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Legion is gone so they have no purpose
    They either wait till Sargeras breaks free (probably won't happen....maybe) or fight the next threat threatening Azeroth it wouldn't make since to join a faction and fight in nonsense war since the whole motto of a demon hunter is "forsake everything to protect everything".

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a DH main. I see them everywhere.

Maybe there's just less of them on your server?
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    We did the right thing and left them all on Argus.

^_^
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

7+ Year Old Account
    no they are not.
    monks and shaman are currently the least played classes.

set the lvl filter to 120.

Formerly known as Arafal

Shadow definitely seems very rare.

Justifiably so. 8.1 better be good for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Really? I thought the monk would've taken that slot now more than ever over DH. I always figured people would still be running around with their 110 DH mains/alts as the aftermath of DH hype from legion.
    I was surprised to see that too, but Monks are 2nd to last on that website and dead-last if you filter for 120 only. At 120 DHs move up a bit, being almost as numerous as rogues, but still 7th most played.

I'm more surprised to see how few Mag'har orcs there are. If you look at all levels it's not even enough to make 0,1%. I know their racials suck and a lot of people are still working on Honourbound rep, but people have been asking for brown orcs for so long that I thought the demand would be higher.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was surprised to see that too, but Monks are 2nd to last on that website and dead-last if you filter for 120 only. At 120 DHs move up a bit, being almost as numerous as rogues, but still 7th most played.

I'm more surprised to see how few Mag'har orcs there are. If you look at all levels it's not even enough to make 0,1%. I know their racials suck and a lot of people are still working on Honourbound rep, but people have been asking for brown orcs for so long that I thought the demand would be higher.
    Dark Irons have it even worse. My guess is neither of those are really going to recover out of the bottom 2 hole either. Since once Unnamed Zuldazar Raid drops everyone will breeze right past unlocking them to go after the real crown jewels, Zandalari and Kul'tirans.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    no they are not.
    monks and shaman are currently the least played classes.

set the lvl filter to 120.
    I never said they're the least played class at a specific level, I said:
    According to https://realmpop.com/us.html DHs are the least played class right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Can I take a tangent to say I'm amazed how underplayed Nightborne and Void Elf are? Even on RP servers.
    Not everyone wants to reroll. I know I'd love to RP a Nightborne, but I really can't be bothered leveling a 9th character.

Quote Originally Posted by hismaimai2000 View Post
    I main havoc DH. Havoc does quite high damage right now, myself and another DH are the 2 highest DPS in my guild right now. As far as running M + keys... people don't want melee for whatever reason. I've had to take up veng to run keys, which we are neck and neck with DK for being one ofthe best for m+ as far as tanks go. Whenever I make my own groups for M+, I tend to take whoever has strong CC, like rogue/DH/shammy/mage/hunter. I don't care for locks and priest I only take as a healer.