Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Dungeon Set 2 (aka Tier 0.5) - Will anyone farm this?

The Dungeon Set 2 (aka Tier 0.5)

Who in their right mind is going to farm this?

Most people who played Vanilla dont even know this exists because it was released on a later patch. I think it was mid AQ40, not sure.
    So at this point it was pretty much useless for most raiders.
    We think it was designed for "endgame" of casuals who had no intentions of raiding. (also not sure, just a guess)

And how do you get it?
    First you need the entire dungeon set 1 which in itself i quite a grind.
    Then you get access to a quest chain to upgrade your gear to the "dungeon set 2".
    The problem is that the quest chain is INCREDIBLY grindy and costly. Im talking insane amounts of gold here and a long quest chain that requires you to travel the entire world and do group content.

The one and only person who will farm this is solo players who dont intend to ever set foot in a raid...now that i think about it...maybe some people will do it?
    This could possibly be "endgame" for a lot of people.
    Their ultimate goal.

--------

Do you think anyone in the world is going to farm them? Considering it is insane work just to get worse raid gear?

Just so you have an idea on how grindy it is to get this set you could watch a 2 part video explaining. Spoilers, is incredibly grindy and costly
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnzeAk7Urgg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAR_uLgLl84&t=0s

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    could you finally stop bombarding this forum with your useless threads Shadowpunkz go learn and play the game instead of posting 20 threads a day about shit or do u wanna stay an lfr noob raider forever?

Deleted
    wowowow what is going on?

Am i really that annoying? :S

Ive been searching classic stuff non stop the past couple days...so i would like to talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    The Dungeon Set 2 (aka Tier 0.5)

Who in their right mind is going to farm this?

Most people who played Vanilla dont even know this exists because it was released on a later patch. I think it was mid AQ40, not sure.
    So at this point it was pretty much useless for most raiders.
    We think it was designed for "endgame" of casuals who had no intentions of raiding. (also not sure, just a guess)

And how do you get it?
    First you need the entire dungeon set 1 which in itself i quite a grind.
    Then you get access to a quest chain to upgrade your gear to the "dungeon set 2".
    The problem is that the quest chain is INCREDIBLY grindy and costly. Im talking insane amounts of gold here and a long quest chain that requires you to travel the entire world and do group content.

The one and only person who will farm this is solo players who dont intend to ever set foot in a raid...now that i think about it...maybe some people will do it?
    This could possibly be "endgame" for a lot of people.
    Their ultimate goal.

--------

Do you think anyone in the world is going to farm them? Considering it is insane work just to get worse raid gear?

Just so you have an idea on how grindy it is to get this set you could watch a 2 part video explaining. Spoilers, is incredibly grindy and costly
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnzeAk7Urgg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAR_uLgLl84&t=0s
    I already farmed Druid, Warrior and Warlock sets and did the quests back in Vanilla. No intention to do the rest as i dont play other classes that often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuhokoura View Post
    I already farmed Druid, Warrior and Warlock sets and did the quests back in Vanilla. No intention to do the rest as i dont play other classes that often.
    Did you intend to ever raid? Or was it your "endgame" this tier?

Isnt it useless to farm it since raid drops better gear?

Seems like a huge amount of work just to be somewhat optimal for raiding.

I hope to God Guilds wont make this mandatory to farm for a raid spot.

snip
    The amount of effort you put into shit threads is absurd man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The amount of effort you put into shit threads is absurd man.
    Well fuck me then.
    I thought it was an interesting topic.

Because this gear is quickly outdated by raid gear and is a HUGE amount of work.

So who in their right mind is going to farm them?

Deleted
    Current casual players from retail ,can easily clear 20 man raids,and up to bwl no problem ...Noone will bother ...Maybe some people will collect it for the experience.

Did you intend to ever raid? Or was it your "endgame" this tier?

Isnt it useless to farm it since raid drops better gear?

Seems like a huge amount of work just to be somewhat optimal for raiding.

I hope to God Guilds wont make this mandatory to farm for a raid spot.
    It was something to do between raiding. And long epic questchains are great. Like Onyxia attunement, Epic weapon quests in vanilla. Oh those were the days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    yes dont be an idiot

- - - Updated - - -

yes dont be an idiot

You clearly are not familiar with the amount of work needed to get them.
    Its a HUGE effort just to have worse raid quality gear.

Its absolutely going to be very rare to see someone with them...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dblord View Post
    Current casual players from retail ,can easily clear 20 man raids,and up to bwl no problem ...Noone will bother ...Maybe some people will collect it for the experience.
    Yeah that was my initial thought also no one will bother. its going to be incredibly rare

10+ Year Old Account
    You clearly are not familiar with the amount of work needed to get them.
    Its a HUGE effort just to have worse raid quality gear.

Its absolutely going to be very rare to see someone with them...
    And how long do you think it'll take to get a single piece from raid? 40-man and only 2-4 items per boss?
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Back in vanilla, I farmed the whole of Dungeon Set 2, the only hard part was the last part where you had to do a Baron Rivendare run in less than 45 mins(I think?) back when that was still fairly hard to do. Dungeon Set 2 when fully completed was at about the level of Molten Core iirc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    And how long do you think it'll take to get a single piece from raid? 40-man and only 2-4 items per boss?
    Get ready to spend at least 1000 gold, farm a reputation and travel the entire world to get this though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venters View Post
    Back in vanilla, I farmed the whole of Dungeon Set 2, the only hard part was the last part where you had to do a Baron Rivendare run in less than 45 mins(I think?) back when that was still fairly hard to do. Dungeon Set 2 when fully completed was at about the level of Molten Core iirc.
    From the videos i watched...i dont think i have the strength to do it.
    Farm a reputation...getting 1000 gold...travel the entire world...do several dungeon events.
    Just to get better gear in raids

I really think pugging Zul'Gurub is more rewarding than doind this thing.

Also, the whole "you don't have to enter a raid to obtain this" is false: you need to go to Upper BlackRock Spire, which is, in fact, a raid. The smallest raid in vanilla, but a raid.
    Last edited by Arakakao; 2018-09-25 at 12:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    I really think pugging Zul'Gurub is more rewarding than doind this thing.
    I know right?
    Its incredibly grindy. This is Vanilla at its best...or worse...i dont know anymore

I am looking forward to getting these sets, thank you very much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I am looking forward to getting these sets, thank you very much.
    You are insane

I even think the title "The Insane" is easier than this xD

It has been a long time ago but if i remember right a LOT of people in vanilla just did dungeons and outdoor content, being unable to get into a real raiding guild (for whatever reason).

That gear set was a way for blizz to give non-raiders something fun to do and further upgrade their characters so make them more attractive to raiding guilds.

I will totally do this quest line, i only got about half of it done back in the day. This type of thing is WHY we want classic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewjoy View Post
    I will totally do this quest line, i only got about half of it done back in the day. This type of thing is WHY we want classic.
    You need to be insane to do it Its quite epic actually...but still, you need to be insane