Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I do believe it should be released around BWL rather than AQ because it fits better with gear progression wise, and you're severely underestimating a couple of these pieces, warrior boots aren't replaced until earliest Chromaggus/Nefarian, the off-hand from the summon boss in Strat will last you until Naxx, I believe there are totems/relics/idols that you simply never replace.
    Are all the 8 pieces fantastic? No, but there are gems amongst them, besides it's hardly as annoying as you make it out to be, and comparing it to The Insane? Hell The Insane requires some 30-35k pirate kills for just one part of it.

Who ever wants the transmog look, because they are going to allow you the ability to unlock looks for your account it will bring in tons of mog players seeking removed items!. If you think they won't do this then you are fooling yourselves as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You need to be insane to do it Its quite epic actually...but still, you need to be insane
    I am a little insane yes. I miss chain quests most of all the ones that send you all over the world..... on foot .... without a mount.

I am also insane as i think every quest in the game should be as complex as getting the lucid nightmare. But that may be due to the fact i played the secret world back before they broke it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    I do believe it should be released around BWL rather than AQ because it fits better with gear progression wise, and you're severely underestimating a couple of these pieces, warrior boots aren't replaced until earliest Chromaggus/Nefarian, the off-hand from the summon boss in Strat will last you until Naxx, I believe there are totems/relics/idols that you simply never replace.
    Are all the 8 pieces fantastic? No, but there are gems amongst them, besides it's hardly as annoying as you make it out to be, and comparing it to The Insane? Hell The Insane requires some 30-35k pirate kills for just one part of it.
    From the youtube videos it seemed like at least 1 Month worth of work...probably more.
    The reputation...the gold...the back and forth walking...the grinding.

IDK it seemed crazy on the video.

Where in the hell will i be able to get my hands on around 1000 gold in classic just to do this?

You are insane

I even think the title "The Insane" is easier than this xD
    My memory of this is that the gear wasn't really up to scratch for the time investment required but it wasn't completely terrible either and it was a fun side thing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    In the unlikely event that you’re unable to get into a raid group? It’ll probably be your end-goal.

That said, getting into raids isn’t terribly hard if you have the time. People are always looking to fill the last few slots of a 40 man raid.

But if RNG is shite? Then yeah, dungeon sets might be a nice way to fill out a few pieces I guess.

All this said I’ve never done vanilla end game. So maybe there are better alternatives?

i have it and was quite pissed when they released a darkmoon version of it :P

not gonna farm it again on classic lul

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Who ever wants the transmog look, because they are going to allow you the ability to unlock looks for your account it will bring in tons of mog players seeking removed items!. If you think they won't do this then you are fooling yourselves as well.
    You can get the look from the Darkmoon Faire for significantly less effort on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    nope , cause darkmoon fair sells a replica so its worthless

I did it then on my hunter because it rewarded a set that further buffed your pet, together with some pieces T1 and T2 you could have a big red killer Broken Tooth which was a free clothie kill in any BG.
    I don't remember it being a big deal, though, as it was pretty late when it was introduced and the material costs already were down. It was simply time intensive and required the help of friends in the dungeons.

You are insane

I even think the title "The Insane" is easier than this xD
    FFS stop being an idiot.

I got this set on my rogue, my warrior and my mage during Vanilla. And that's with my rogue and my warrior actually raiding - just for collection for my rogue, and it allowed my warrior to get a mildly offensive set that wasn't entirely about tanking, and for my mage it was simply the best set she could get (and it's also the most beautiful they ever made IMO).

This is stuff that can be done step by step, for fun and to get shiny things, and which isn't even remotely comparable to mindlessly farming rep.
    And it certainly doesn't require "insane" amount of stuff, it just comes rather naturally if you do a bit of it when you have some time, even quicker if you have several char and you can get much of the material playing them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    FFS stop being an idiot.

I got this set on my rogue, my warrior and my mage during Vanilla. And that's with my rogue and my warrior actually raiding - just for collection for my rogue, and it allowed my warrior to get a mildly offensive set that wasn't entirely about tanking, and for my mage it was simply the best set she could get (and it's also the most beautiful they ever made IMO).

This is stuff that can be done step by step, for fun and to get shiny things, and which isn't even remotely comparable to mindlessly farming rep.
    How did you have so much gold at the time to have it in 3 chars?
    Is it what @Puri said ?
    It was late into the expansion so the prices of the mats were low?

And how did you farm the reputations...3 times? xD
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-09-25 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    nope , cause darkmoon fair sells a replica so its worthless
    Not for a lot of other gear though, there are tons that were removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You can get the look from the Darkmoon Faire for significantly less effort on live.
    I am not just talking about the .5 shit, theres tons removed people will play for, like Corrupted Ashbringer and a bunch of others like the ZG sets.

The Dungeon Set 2 (aka Tier 0.5)

Who in their right mind is going to farm this?

Most people who played Vanilla dont even know this exists because it was released on a later patch. I think it was mid AQ40, not sure.
    So at this point it was pretty much useless for most raiders.
    We think it was designed for "endgame" of casuals who had no intentions of raiding. (also not sure, just a guess)

And how do you get it?
    First you need the entire dungeon set 1 which in itself i quite a grind.
    Then you get access to a quest chain to upgrade your gear to the "dungeon set 2".
    The problem is that the quest chain is INCREDIBLY grindy and costly. Im talking insane amounts of gold here and a long quest chain that requires you to travel the entire world and do group content.

The one and only person who will farm this is solo players who dont intend to ever set foot in a raid...now that i think about it...maybe some people will do it?
    This could possibly be "endgame" for a lot of people.
    Their ultimate goal.

--------

Do you think anyone in the world is going to farm them? Considering it is insane work just to get worse raid gear?

Just so you have an idea on how grindy it is to get this set you could watch a 2 part video explaining. Spoilers, is incredibly grindy and costly
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnzeAk7Urgg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAR_uLgLl84&t=0s
    Hmm, are you sure about the 8set blue requirement?
    I think you can start it as soon as you get the bracers. and the first 1 or 2 q chains could potentially be worth it for some fast and easy epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    I think you can start it as soon as you get the bracers. and the first 1 or 2 q chains could potentially be worth it for some fast and easy epics.
    You start it with those pieces, but do need the full dungeon set to upgrade throughout the quest chain. The first 3 pieces that you turn in throughout the quest chain are BOE. The rest are BOP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    You needed the full set first.

Requirements:
    220g
    1x Delicate Arcanite Converter
    10x Stonescale Oil
    4x Greater Eternal Essense
    10x Goblin Rocket Fuel
    3x Dark Iron Bar
    3x Mooncloth
    20x Enchanted Leather
    4x Cured Rugged Hide
    9x Large Brilliant Shard
    4x Dark Rune
    1x Flask of Supreme Power
    3x Abyssal Crest

and 2 reputations...dont know if its exalted or revered or friendly, cant remember

How did you have so much gold at the time to have it in 3 chars?
    Is it what @Puri said ?
    It was late into the expansion so the prices of the mats were low?

And how did you farm the reputaions...3 times? xD
    I just played. I don't even ever farmed, nor ever played AH, nor even bothered with selling profession production.
    And I also had epic mounts on these three char (and on my hunter).

The true fact is : most of what you hear about Vanilla on the forums is FULL OF SHIT. It's 80 % about people who never laid their hands on the game until much later and parrot the legends that they read in a guide or heard some fucker who "played Vanilla" say. That's why we see the idiotic urban myths like "there was not enough quests to reach 60" or some such bullshit.

It was NOT hard to get a decent amount of money, if you just played and followed the flow. Of course, if you rushed to 60 and then wanted 900 gold, you'd feel you had to farm. But if you actually took time to play, to have fun, to explore, to do the quests, to dip a bit in instances, you'd end up at 60 with a few hundred golds (and after a patch, you even could finish all the quests that were still available to get even more gold).
    And then you just play to get you raid-ready gear, and by the time you complete your D1 set, you already can afford an epic mount. And you just pay a bit more repairs when you raid, and unless you're part of a bleeding edge guild you don't use consumables, so it's basically just slowly accumulating gold from then on. By the time your new alt is ready to start the D2 quest, you already have enough money to lend him what he needs, and so he can do the same to the next alt and so on. When my guildies asked me how I could afford the mount, I basically said : "I just level another char".
    Also, as I said in the edit part, if you have different professions on different char, you usually already have the materials available. I don't even remember having to farm reputations TBH, so either I already had it high enough, or it was inconsequential enough that it didn't stick to my mind. What were the reputations to raise ?

It was a quest requiring quite a lot of involvement, yes.
    But first, it was Vanilla so it was much less shocking than today (where requiring people to wait for a week is already seen as extremely demanding).
    And second, again if you didn't try to rush through it but just prepared for it calmly, you could accumulate what was needed in advance and then walk through most of it. The main obstacles were actually the dungeons, because it required help from other people and not to fuck it up in the Baron 45 (which was seen as pretty challenging back in the day).
    Last edited by Akka; 2018-09-25 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    and 2 reputations...dont know if its exalted or revered or friendly, cant remember
    Cenarion Hold friendly, Argent Dawn honored. Both were very easy and quite organic to get.

Do you think anyone in the world is going to farm them? Considering it is insane work just to get worse raid gear?
    I never managed to finish my t0.5, simply because the Baron never dropped the pants. Not until Cata. So that's an unfinished task on my list.

If Classic keeps me entertained until max level, I will probably work on it.

Deleted
    The Dungeon Set 2 (aka Tier 0.5)

Who in their right mind is going to farm this?

Most people who played Vanilla dont even know this exists because it was released on a later patch. I think it was mid AQ40, not sure.
    So at this point it was pretty much useless for most raiders.
    We think it was designed for "endgame" of casuals who had no intentions of raiding. (also not sure, just a guess)

And how do you get it?
    First you need the entire dungeon set 1 which in itself i quite a grind.
    Then you get access to a quest chain to upgrade your gear to the "dungeon set 2".
    The problem is that the quest chain is INCREDIBLY grindy and costly. Im talking insane amounts of gold here and a long quest chain that requires you to travel the entire world and do group content.

The one and only person who will farm this is solo players who dont intend to ever set foot in a raid...now that i think about it...maybe some people will do it?
    This could possibly be "endgame" for a lot of people.
    Their ultimate goal.

--------

Just so you have an idea on how grindy it is to get this set you could watch a 2 part video explaining. Spoilers, is incredibly grindy and costly
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnzeAk7Urgg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAR_uLgLl84&t=0s
    I completed that quest chain on my hunter and paly back in vanilla, quite proud of it. even if its only a virtual accomplishment.