Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There have been snippets of lore to support night elf paladins since the War of the Ancients trilogy, being explained as armored priestesses of Elune.

There are all kinds of race-class combos that can fit into the rigid classes in WoW. Are Tidesage technically shamans or mages? Anduin is still considered a priest despite wearing plate gear. Night elf males can be priests and females can be druids in game, despite older lore stating that kaldorei have fairly rigid gender roles.

There is lore to support night elf paladins, as well as a few NPCs that exist in Legion. That doesn't mean that the Night Warrior customization WILL come with paladins, but it doesn't mean it won't ever happen either.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    Eh, she probably just specced shadow.
    Yea and she probably picked up tranamog for the first time and will use it to make her dagger look like a bigger dagger so it looks like a sword, but will still suck cus she cant melee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    There have been snippets of lore to support night elf paladins since the War of the Ancients trilogy, being explained as armored priestesses of Elune.

There are all kinds of race-class combos that can fit into the rigid classes in WoW. Are Tidesage technically shamans or mages? Anduin is still considered a priest despite wearing plate gear. Night elf males can be priests and females can be druids in game, despite older lore stating that kaldorei have fairly rigid gender roles.

There is lore to support night elf paladins, as well as a few NPCs that exist in Legion. That doesn't mean that the Night Warrior customization WILL come with paladins, but it doesn't mean it won't ever happen either.
    Heck the whole army we fought in cot against queen azshara, showed their night elf guards to be paladins. Even her lacky with magh was a paladin... not even talking about legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imretyo View Post
    Worgen Dk's make zero sense

- - - Updated - - -

Yet Worgens can be DKs doesn't make any sense, although there is signs of Humans using shaman spells in BFA
    How so.. the whole arugal thing with the scourge outbreak was a cool story. Yes not fully executed ingame.This was right before they got infected I believe. Its not to far fetched realy..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    It's scary how many people don't know the lore and DEMAND classes to be open to races that doesn't make any sense lorewise. It's like forsaken paladins or panda dks
    Yea or like forsaken holy/disc priests. They should only be able to play shadow! Herderrrr...

It's scary how much people care about anything being any class at this point. Blizzard doesn't care about the lore for game reasons so why should we?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's scary how many people don't know the lore and DEMAND classes to be open to races that doesn't make any sense lorewise. It's like forsaken paladins or panda dks
    If you do lore.. you should know.forsaken paladins can be a thing. Yes talking about 1 character in question, but if the light is still there they will be able to use it still.
    The light hurts undead bla bla we all know, but still vanilla and wrath showed us ots possible. Panda dks are weird I agree I mean they werent even there at the time..

There has been so much focus and energy given to elves in this game. Opening for a new class would not make any sense.

As a previous NE player in what / how they are supposed to be (aka Warcraft 3 NE) it is kind of sad that wow devs picture them that weak with Malf getting one shot by a random orc grunt and the tree burning or Tyrande going from a strong warrior priestress to a soft waifu, but asking for NE paladin seems on line with asking for Gnome Druid xD.

Everytime i learn something new here. Elune as nature magic? I mean.... She was here even before druids in age of Azshara and always used light. How this person even get his statement about nature?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Y
    Heck the whole army we fought in cot against queen azshara, showed their night elf guards to be paladins. Even her lacky with magh was a paladin... not even talking about legion.
    You're right there were NPCs that clearly used paladin abilities.

BUT
    - Who were they actually? A specific order of Elune? Or they used arcane magics in a way to bend light like belves did? Or they actually did worshipped Light? How did it work? - some extra explanation would be needed.
    With Zandalari it was very easy to explain - "Loa grants us powers!" But here?

- Let's assume it was a rigid order devoted to protect Azshara. Do we have any proof that it survived the Sundering? Among Nightborne so the only Highborne-related cast that managed to maintain the customes from pre-10k there were no such a people.
    - Around ruins of Dire Maul I found no NPC like that. So I guess it's fair to assume that said paladins either died or were turned to Naga and re-adapted.

Of course Order can be re-created, re-purposed et cetera. But so far only priestesses of Elune of Night Elves had anything that reminds of paladin, and they also have defined fighting style.
    With change to Tyrande and the Night Warrior stuff going on it might happen though.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Goddess_Watch_Over_You
    Not a real proof, but this strongly indicates, that Elune created the Naaru, because the Tears of Elune did exactly what Khadgar implied.
    ty , did not remember this bit , must've skiped me. I take out what I said about Elune then

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Of course Order can be re-created, re-purposed et cetera. But so far only priestesses of Elune of Night Elves had anything that reminds of paladin, and they also have defined fighting style.
    With change to Tyrande and the Night Warrior stuff going on it might happen though.
    I don't know if it will have to do with Night Warrior stuff specifically cuz I have no idea exactly what being a Night Warrior allows one to do, but yeah Legion showed that Night Elf Priestesses could pledge themselves to becoming a Paladin of the Silver Hand with the example of Delas Moonfang - who also had an uncle or w/e Nerus who was a Paladin too - so the possibility is there, it's just if Blizzard wants to allow it to happen that way or another way for Night Elf Paladins.

As I was mentioning before, it's pretty weird that we get "Night Warrior customization" for every single Night Elf we make after the quest because it seems like an uncommon, rare rite to go through. It's not the same as BE Gold Eyes "oh yeh Sunwell is purified with Holy Light" where that's not granting extra power to BEs, but this Night Warrior thing seems like it grants specific powers potentially for a specific purpose.

Yea and she probably picked up tranamog for the first time and will use it to make her dagger look like a bigger dagger so it looks like a sword, but will still suck cus she cant melee.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

How so.. the whole arugal thing with the scourge outbreak was a cool story. Yes not fully executed ingame.This was right before they got infected I believe. Its not to far fetched realy..
    The humans took on the curse of the worgen so they Can't be raised in undeath, so why are worgens being raised in undeath to be DKs

Quote Originally Posted by geixer View Post
    forsaken paladins does exist have existed since vanilla in nax

- - - Updated - - -

tauron and troll paladins are the original paladins on azeroth
    False

Sir Zeliek was NOT forsaken as the moniker forsaken refers to the undead who banded with Sylvanas, that broke free of the lich kings control when his prison was weakened by illidans spell.

Sir Zeliek resisted becoming a DK, even went as far as warning us and admonishing his own actions against us. He was undead yes, but not forsaken.

Edit: I would like to also call into question that one would use how undead are able to be priests as a counter-point. This is feasible of course, since undead can still be attuned to the light (albeit it hurts them) with the case of Alonsus Faol, then theres Callia Menethil who is the first lightforged undead. Her soul was brought back and imprisoned in her body, bound to the naarus will. A vessel or instrument if you will of the light. Undead paladins could make sense but really dont fit the archtype when it comes to fantasy. This belongs in the same trash heap as people STILL wanting high elves regardless of having 2 types of them in game already to play as.

Oh and your signature: Im pretty sure Eredar were the originals.
    Last edited by Satelliteyears0o; 2018-09-25 at 01:40 PM.

What people forget, any race can be a Paladin, you don't have to be a holy person or a "good" person, the scarlet crusade have Paladins, Hell they even had undead Paldains, But yes you may say holy / light magic hurts undead, yes who doesn't know that its basic lore, yet undead priests still use it even though it hurts them, if i remember correctly to be able to use the light "you" must believe what you are doing is right as i said before the scarlet crusade were paladins, they believed their cause was right, But that might be non canon now as blizzard has changed the lore here and there, with the Naaru lightforging and raising Arthas's sister from the dead.

And for anyone that disagreed with me on the Worgens being DKs, the humans took on the worgen curse so they wouldn't be raised in undeath to fight against their own people, as worgens were for some reason immune to being raised from the dead.

I saw a post earlier with someone was confused about Taurens being Paladins, again as i said before might of just been lore back in Cata, but if a person has enough faith in what their doing is right and just the light will give them the power of holy magic , Don't forget there is currently two Night elf paladins in the game

Edit - Don't forget which race has a different name for what they deem Paladin, Tauren is Sunwalker, Belf was Blood knight if i remember right, the Zand Trolls have paladins.

Even Humans have shown they can use druid and shaman magic, the tide callers in BFA is a type of shaman magic

Another Edit, The Lich King is able to raise things the val'kyr can't due to the massive difference in necromantic power between the two. That was covered in one of the Ask CDev threads. Posted by Thage
    Last edited by Imretyo; 2018-09-25 at 01:53 PM.

It's scary how many people don't know the lore, and spout complete nonsense comparing Night Elf Paladins to Forsaken Paladins or Pandaren Death Knights. Night Elves already have Paladins, they had them since Warcraft III. And lorewise probably for thousands of years. Check out the Huntress unit description.

"Huntresses are the elite cadre of the Sentinel army. Drawing their strength from the moon goddess, Elune, these warrior women ride the feral Nightsabre panthers into battle. Huntresses are strong, swift, and merciless to those who would defile the sanctity of Ashenvale Forest. Like all Night Elf women, Huntresses are able to Shadowmeld at night."
    source

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion introduced two night elf paladins, Delas Moonfang and her ancestor whose name escapes me. Delas undertook paladinhood with the express purpose of blending Priestess of the Moon teachings with paladin martial training and spreading it among the night elves. Also, pandaren have wandered Azeroth and Kalimdor prior to the Tushui and Huojin joining the Alliance and Horde, respectively, meaning there's no solid lore reason some pandaren couldn't have been caught up in the second Scourge Invasion and risen as death knights (who were a small force of elite cannon fodder meant to be disposed of against Tirion Fordring, despite high numbers of player DKs).

You might not like the lore, but claiming other people don't know the lore because they're using lore you don't like is disingenuous at best and snobby elitism at worst.

- - - Updated - - -

The humans took on the curse of the worgen so they Can't be raised in undeath, so why are worgens being raised in undeath to be DKs
    The Lich King is able to raise things the val'kyr can't due to the massive difference in necromantic power between the two. That was covered in one of the Ask CDev threads.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Legion introduced two night elf paladins, Delas Moonfang and her ancestor whose name escapes me. Delas undertook paladinhood with the express purpose of blending Priestess of the Moon teachings with paladin martial training and spreading it among the night elves. Also, pandaren have wandered Azeroth and Kalimdor prior to the Tushui and Huojin joining the Alliance and Horde, respectively, meaning there's no solid lore reason some pandaren couldn't have been caught up in the second Scourge Invasion and risen as death knights (who were a small force of elite cannon fodder meant to be disposed of against Tirion Fordring, despite high numbers of player DKs).

You might not like the lore, but claiming other people don't know the lore because they're using lore you don't like is disingenuous at best and snobby elitism at worst.

- - - Updated - - -

The Lich King is able to raise things the val'kyr can't due to the massive difference in necromantic power between the two. That was covered in one of the Ask CDev threads.
    Oh that was something i didn't know, Thanks

7+ Year Old Account
    the worgen are resistant to necromantic magic due to their life magic based curse.
    they arent immune to undeath.

sylvanas' val'kyr are just too weak to raise them, the lich king is powerful enough.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're right there were NPCs that clearly used paladin abilities.

BUT
    - Who were they actually? A specific order of Elune? Or they used arcane magics in a way to bend light like belves did? Or they actually did worshipped Light? How did it work? - some extra explanation would be needed.
    With Zandalari it was very easy to explain - "Loa grants us powers!" But here?

- Let's assume it was a rigid order devoted to protect Azshara. Do we have any proof that it survived the Sundering? Among Nightborne so the only Highborne-related cast that managed to maintain the customes from pre-10k there were no such a people.
    - Around ruins of Dire Maul I found no NPC like that. So I guess it's fair to assume that said paladins either died or were turned to Naga and re-adapted.

I don't think anything was mentioned about these guards.. They even have golden armor and couple of light based abillities, but that's it for them sadly.
    It's the same deal with Zandalari paladins from ToT, pre legion stuff. People never got mad while talking about the possibility of night elf paladins --> npcs.
    When the talk started about those prelates.. we all know how that ended. It's the same deal, but to try to awnser your question.. it's hard man I mean it could be that Elune was helping with that, even Azshara had some kind of bubble on her which seems kinda holy and not arcane or what ever like she is suppose to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said it was before that.. If I remember correctly the whole curse was through Arugal and hes beast minions.
    And also it's the lich king who was powerfull enough to raise them, the Val'kyr weren't able to do that.

I don't think anything was mentioned about these guards.. They even have golden armor and couple of light based abillities, but that's it for them sadly.
    It's the same deal with Zandalari paladins from ToT, pre legion stuff. People never got mad while talking about the possibility of night elf paladins --> npcs.
    When the talk started about those prelates.. we all know how that ended. It's the same deal, but to try to awnser your question.. it's hard man I mean it could be that Elune was helping with that, even Azshara had some kind of bubble on her which seems kinda holy and not arcane or what ever like she is suppose to use.

Before I'll continue, let ephasise that I am not against nelf paladins, but I am pedantic person when it comes to lore and I want things to be explained and have proper background.

This is why I want to get information who were these guards, what granted them light powers and so on.
    But I also assumed that if they had an order it was gone with Saundering as we never had any other mention of it or them appearing again.
    With that being said I think that paladins might be a thing with the night warriors stuff coming, that has dark edge to it.

which would be welcoming changed after all that goodie two shoe we had to endure so far. Who knows Lighforged might join in for cruel paladin trope.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Before I'll continue, let ephasise that I am not against nelf paladins, but I am pedantic person when it comes to lore and I want things to be explained and have proper background.

This is why I want to get information who were these guards, what granted them light powers and so on.
    But I also assumed that if they had an order it was gone with Saundering as we never had any other mention of it or them appearing again.
    With that being said I think that paladins might be a thing with the night warriors stuff coming, that has dark edge to it.

which would be welcoming changed after all that goodie two shoe we had to endure so far. Who knows Lighforged might join in for cruel paladin trope.
    I agree, I to am curious how these highborne elves in cot were able to use the light like that, I don't even remember reading anything about it before that was introduced. I actually Though Varo'then was a paladin, but then I saw hes only abillity: Magistrike — Varo'then charges his sword with Arcane and Fire magics. Fire could be holy fire, but idk doesn't seem likely, hes just some form of a spellblade, so nothing to find there.

I don't think Night elf paladins are so bad I mean many people liked the idea of an Elune (white Light) warrior.
    The Night warrior thing is cool, but are they able to be paladins tho? or is it just purely aesthetics?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    It's scary how many people don't know the lore, and spout complete nonsense comparing Night Elf Paladins to Forsaken Paladins or Pandaren Death Knights. Night Elves already have Paladins, they had them since Warcraft III. And lorewise probably for thousands of years. Check out the Huntress unit description.

how does a moon priestess even control the light? Wake up sheep!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post

- - - Updated - - -

How about we agree to disagree huh? You don't like my arguments agaisn't lore getting bend to acomodate new class/race combos, so let's keep it at that