Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I will state for (at least) the third time, that you control the wisps in WCIII and you are not playing malfurion. He is not the only person who can control them, the night elves ask them for help all the time.

Additionally, yes, I consider asking the wisps to use their detonate is a nature-related phenomenon. They are naturally occurring spirits, and they naturally have the ability to detonate, so asking them to do so is natural.
    Hahahaha! You're really hilarious. Asking a spirit of the dead and use itself as a suicide bomber is still considered natural, eh? When did school of nature have access to buff dissipation and does even remove mana from enemies? So a DH is also using nature as well when they create or spawn soul fragments and command it to attack their target as soul/spirit bomb?

Are you sure you are playing World of Warcraft and it is Warcraft's lore you are talking about?!

So Malfurion is not using the dead because in WC3 he is your hero unit and you as a player has control of your basic worker "dead disembodied spirit of fellow Night Elves" to control them to farm for gold, gather wood, repair their buildings and safrifice themselves to become ancients natural...
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-09-25 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Hahahaha! You're really hilarious. Asking a spirit of the dead to use itself as a suicide bomber is still considered natural eh? When did school of nature have access to buff dissipation and even remove mana from enemies? So DH is using nature as well when they create soul fragments and command it to attack their target as soul bomb?

Are you sure you are playing World of Warcraft and it is Warcraft's lore you are talking about?!

So Malfurion is not using the dead because in WC3 he is your hero unit and you as a player has control of your basic worker "dead disembodied spirit of fellow Night Elves" to control
    them to farm for gold, gather wood, repair their buildings and safrifice themselves to become ancients natural...
    Plenty of levels where you aren't controlling Mal, and he is nowhere nearby and you still have control of wisps.

Suicide bombers are in no way natural. Humans don't have a natural ability to explode. You're just being an ignorant, offensive asshole now.

Have a good one.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Plenty of levels where you aren't controlling Mal, and he is nowhere nearby and you still have control of wisps.

Suicide bombers are in no way natural.

Have a good one.
    Isn't it because the game your playing is a Real Time Strategy game and how the story and narrative is employed thru that game genre?

Humans don't have a natural ability to explode.
    You sure you're discussing the same topic? By no means human race was never involved in this discussion. When you're suppose to refute my statement, at least have the decency to stay on topic.

You're just being an ignorant, offensive asshole now.
    I have no goals of being an ass but rather I'm just taking a realistic approach to our discussion. You don't have to be onion skinned if you wanted to have discussion such as this.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-09-25 at 11:07 AM.

Isn't it because the game your playing is a Real Time Strategy game and how the story and narrative is employed thru that game genre?

I'm not being an as but I'm just being realistic.
    Which completely negates your point that there is any connection between Malfurion and the Wisps outside of that one occurence in the final mission.

So close, yet so far.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which completely negates your point that there is any connection between Malfurion and the Wisps outside of that one occurence in the final mission.

So close, yet so far.
    I was trying to point out a hole in his "Malfurion isn't controlling the wisp because you as a player of a Night Elf campaign is the one in control".

Yes it is an RTS game but you are following a set of story progression as you play along for the purpose of immersion. There is no contradiction to my premise that Malfurion was in control even from both vantage point.

You as a player would be the observer of what's happening to the events of the story as it unfold. The story is set regardless.

I was trying to point out a hole in his "Malfurion isn't controlling the wisp because you as a player of a Night Elf campaign is the one in control".
    And instead you poked a hole into the game being in any way indicative of any in-story control of them beyond the explicit story event.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    And instead you poked a hole into the game being in any way indicative of any in-story control of them beyond the explicit story event.
    True.Regardless of how long you play the campaign and even if it would take you days to finish it, how much units you summon or buildings you erect, it would end up and flow into the next chapter with a preditermined flow of story. Not unless you were defeated on purpose or not. The units you use fulfill their core role and purpose across all gameplay as you play the RTS. The campaign is storydriven one scenario after the other apart from skirmishes and multiplayer maps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    If they wanted Malfurion's wall of wisps to be considered Death Magic, they wouldn't have framed the War of Thorns as Life vs. Death. They could take the story that way if they wanted to, reframe our understanding of wisps and Malfurion's seeming command of them, but I don't think that it's the story they want to tell.
    You were saying? Welcome patch 8.1 datamined details. Just a few more nudge and we're heading towards the direction you thought was never possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    The OP does bring up an interesting point. I want to bring up a part of the War of the Ancients book. Krassius gets shot down in dragon form and is dying, I believe it was Deathwing that did this. Malfurion tries to help him but his wounds are too great. So he has to go further, he pulls all the life from all the surrounding country side and channels it into Krassius. This heals Krassius but it kills all the life in a large area around them.

This was kind of like the Fel in the Warcraft movie. Malfurion took like from one thing to heal another. What's to say Malfurion couldn't transfer spirits into constructs just like the Drust? After all this was 10,000 years ago, I'm sure Malfurion is far wiser now.
    Thanks for bringing this up.I will investigate on this further and conduct further research about your findings.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, he was. Illidan sees him turning into a Death Knight there.
    Do you mind citing the exact details and were you got this info from? You brought up one intriguing thing here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Preservation of undeath is forwarding the cause of Death. Blizzard want the story to be that Sylvanas, champion of death, attacked Malfurion Stormrage, paragon of life.

As I said, they could have framed it differently if they'd wanted to, but they don't seem to want to.
    There is a grim foreshadowing happening in the future and it seems that a role reversal is innevitable in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Thrall is a master shaman. Shamanism can be used to speak to the dead or summon feral spirits. Ergo, Thrall IS POWERFUL NECROMANCER
    Thrall is a demi-necromancer partly because he can commune with the elemental spirits and have a chat with his dead ancestors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    which is the technical definition of necromancy, it's even what necromancer actually means.
    but since we all talk to the dead throughout our questing, even permanently unlocking the ability to always see them in outland, all our Player characters are necromancers in addition to their combat class and trade professions.
    Perhaps this was the rationale why WoW never implemented a Necromancer hero class or even just a base class after all? everybody's playing necromancer unconsciously?

- - - Updated - - -

New!

Exhibit C: Demon Soul War of the Ancient Trilogy

Chapter 18 Krasus was critically wounded and Malfurion's use of life magic

This was brought up by one of the participants in the thread. I was not particular about the exact details since it was long time ago since I red the novel. I have to download a PDF version for easy editing and copy+paste for the exact paragraphs.

Thank you @Bling for bringing this one up. You can see his comment on page 2 of this discussion:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50116991

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I mean your entire point boils to the "Night elves practice death-slavery on race-wide scale". It is kinda...far-fetched.
    Seems like you've been duped the entire time as they have the wolf in a sheep's clothing cover of nature above anything else?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-09-25 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

Seems like you've been duped the entire time as they have the wolf in a sheep's clothing cover of nature above anything else?
    Nah, you are just rambling at this point.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, you are just rambling at this point.
    If you are indeed a true Night Elf fan and sympatizer at heart, then why can't you see past what Malfurion is doing? Atleast Summermoon isn't blind enough to see the travesty happening on the souls of her people.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are indeed a true Night Elf fan and sympatizer at heart, then why can't you see past what Malfurion is doing? Atleast Summermoon isn't blind enough to see the travesty happening on the souls of her people.
    Nah, i ain't any of those. Its just i see your ramblings for what they are - ramblings.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    what the actual fuck
    l o l

Nah, i ain't any of those. Its just i see your ramblings for what they are - ramblings.
    Did he just accuse you for being a Night Elf sympatizer at heart?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Did he just accuse you for being a Night Elf sympatizer at heart?
    The actual plot twist.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The actual plot twist.
    I was a NE fan and still am. Of course it started out during WC3 and their debut. My first WoW character was even a NE. I don't see any harm acknowledging you sympathize and are a fan of them.

FYI there has always been a rift in Kaldorei civilization. Darnassian Kal'dorei are even considered minority since most of their cousins are arcane users.

Moving forward, the druidic sect is also but a minority. Most are part of the Sentinel, Sisters of the Moon, even warriors, rogues and hunters.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-09-25 at 03:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a NE fan and still am. Of course it started out during WC3 and their debut. My first WoW character was even a NE. I don't see any harm acknowledging you sympathize and are a fan of them.
    Take pills against my orders. Your ramblings spread.

Deleted
    Some people fail to understand that since the last expansion there is a small focus in story developers that try to tell us that the basic forces are not benevolent/evil in their basis per sai . The weilder/champion/character weilds them as a conduit lets say. If one gets consumed/overwhelmed by the said powers or if he/she weilds them by choice in a way that they cause imbalance that's the cut off of becoming evil. Malfurion can do w/e he wants with his magic and call forth as many wisps/spirits he wants or bring back to life a gazillion trees or w/e if the endpoint serves balance then everyone is happy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Some people fail to understand that since the last expansion there is a small focus in story developers that try to tell us that the basic forces are not benevolent/evil in their basis per sai . The weilder/champion/character weilds them as a conduit lets say. If one gets consumed/overwhelmed by the said powers or if he/she weilds them by choice in a way that they cause imbalance that's the cut off of becoming evil. Malfurion can do w/e he wants with his magic and call forth as many wisps/spirits he wants or bring back to life a gazillion trees or w/e if the endpoint serves balance then everyone is happy.
    Then he should summon the wisps and let them swarm Teldrassil to forcedly allow it to grow and heal like nothing ever happened.

The lingingering spirits of those who died in the BoT massacre who became wisps themselves.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-09-25 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    Then he should summon the wisp and let them swarm Teldrassil to forcefully allow it to grow and heal like nothing ever happened.
    We don't exactly know how well he has recovered from an almost fatal injury that happened BEFORE the burning of the tree. No idea what kind of powers he can weild at the moment. The fire was never put off its still burning. the tree served as nothing else but as a homeland to the nelfs. It has nothing to do with life on Azeroth in general. At present i cannot see what benefit such a spell would bring and i would regard it as a rather selfish and imbalanced action.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    We don't exactly know how well he has recovered from an almost fatal injury that happened BEFORE the burning of the tree. No idea what kind of powers he can weild at the moment. The fire was never put off its still burning. the tree served as nothing else but as a homeland to the nelfs. It has nothing to do with life on Azeroth in general. At present i cannot see what benefit such a spell would bring and i would regard it as a rather selfish and imbalanced action.
    From the looks of the datamined model of Malf's bear form, he seems pretty okay. It is a rare sight that he takes on such druidic form. Exactly the models I've dreamt of severals months ago.

He can command winds to form. Typhoon, cyclones. He might end up using nature's wrath and live up with his last name Stormrage this time. He can even turn somebody into a tree!

I also agree with you that it would be a selfish act for Malfurion to use the spirit of the dead Night Elves who were burned along with Teldrassil and use them for a personal motive, though for the good of the remaining alive NEs, to speed up it's recovery and make it grow once again like nothing happened.

For all I know he is a great ally both to the Alliance and Horde but a very vile enemy which he can even equate or surpass Azshara once he become the archenemy of life itself.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-09-27 at 06:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    And so @vertigo12 has officially discovered the Lore section.

Dread days are ahead. Truly dread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    And so @vertigo12 has officially discovered the Lore section.

Dread days are ahead. Truly dread.
    Lore section: Malkavian mod.