Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuhokoura View Post
    People still think, after 14years, that flasks, pots and food makes or breaks your kill/progress? Good one!
    LFR isn't progress mate.

- - - Updated - - -

"When all else fails, play the Top Guilds -card"
    For the small number of players who actually compete for 1st kills, consumables are a must. For the REST of us millions of players consumables bring nothing to the table that cannot be achieved without them.

And as I said: If you want to use them to feel more powerful and able, by all means do. But they are not _needed_

Tobacco is not needed, yet some of you smoke. Maybe not to feel powerful and able but its the same same.
    he's right guys.

LFR is possible without consumables.

People still think, after 14years, that flasks, pots and food makes or breaks your kill/progress? Good one!
    does this mean it has to cost you 3-8k for One flask ?

is ithard to get my herb to lvl 3

Deleted
    indeed - just farmed 12 this lunch time

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    are you a dumbass or something? thats not how it works
    That's exactly how it works.

Supply and demand. Guess you made a fool of yourself, huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I have three lifetime in a fucking week and a half...where are you farming so many?
    There's a route in Drustvar, seen on this map:

https://www.wow-professions.com/farm...r-weed-farming

It still has low chance of spawning, but there are so many nodes in this route that the chances of having Anchor Weed up is increased.
    Also, many are now multibox-farming meaning that they loot the herbs with 5+ rank 3 maxed characters which results in insane amounts of herbs.

Deleted
    exactly as above - i use that route and another - sometimes the time of day helps. ie 4-6am is good ( UK )

Quote Originally Posted by Lens Hunter View Post
    If you think this change is bad, you're just a greedy punk. Anchor Weed prices, and therefore flask prices, were absolutely ludicrous. You're still gonna make a profit, but you gotta think of the people spending their gold, too.
    No we don't.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    "When all else fails, play the Top Guilds -card"
    For the small number of players who actually compete for 1st kills, consumables are a must. For the REST of us millions of players consumables bring nothing to the table that cannot be achieved without them.

And as I said: If you want to use them to feel more powerful and able, by all means do. But they are not _needed_

Tobacco is not needed, yet some of you smoke. Maybe not to feel powerful and able but its the same same.
    Not really sure what your logic is behind this.... Does that also mean that you run around in 340 ilvl gear on purpose when there is 370 ilvl gear available or even 385? Because you can show how great you are in your 340 ilvl? From a pure stats perspective, a flask + pot + food equals around 2-3 overall ilvl. So no, you don't need it to kill bosses but it sure makes it a hell of a lot easier

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

he's right guys.

LFR is possible without consumables.
    The real question is, is it possible without everyone running through mothers barrier at once

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    No we don't.
    He has a point!

I demand that Bugatti thinks of me the next time they design a car, I should be able to afford their product on principle, yo!

/s

As someone putting in the time to make gold, I don't have to pay 2 cents worth of consideration to the crowd wanting to afford shit on whatever they make from passive sources.

Edit: Anchor Weeds have dropped by over 200 gold in price on my server already.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-09-25 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    He has a point!

I demand that Bugatti thinks of me the next time they design a car, I should be able to afford their product on principle, yo!

/s

As someone putting in the time to make gold, I don't have to pay 2 cents worth of consideration to the crowd wanting to afford shit on whatever they make from passive sources.
    Problem is market domination. If you have enough capital, you can actually control prices which is definitely not how a free market economy should work. To stick with your example: I'm a multi-billionaire and buy every single Bugatti they produce as soon as they produce it, then open a shop and sell them for triple the amount I paid. I can do this because I have the capital to dominate that market and the whole market suffers because they now have to pay triple the amount of what a Bugatti originally cost.

Í think it was Warren Buffet who did this on the currency market and almost bankrupted the UK in the process. He also put in the time and skill and capital to do so but that did not mean he had the right to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    smarly, i.e. only when boss is in kill-range.
    that is not using it smart, basically u want to use it with Cooldowns and Bloostlust meaning you cant time it by when boss is in kill range

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtelfficker View Post
    that is not using it smart, basically u want to use it with Cooldowns and Bloostlust meaning you cant time it by when boss is in kill range
    Well, I meant you practice the boss mechanics without pots first and then when your raid team has understood and mastered it and it's just a dps issue, then you can use pre-pot and pot during lust/cooldowns.

Unless you have a boss on specific HP thresholds, then you need to do it from the beginning as the timings would change otherwise, which could possibly require you to change tactics. (That naga in Tomb comes to mind).

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Don't you feel like... I don't know, it's a good thing having to put some effort into advancing your characters? I'm not saying you don't, but hell mobile games require more effort than WoW.
    You also don't pay 15$ a month for mobile games, they use a free to play model which forces you to work harder or pay $$.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

This is funny. I was herbing last night and I didn't know this hotfix went it, and noticed the increase in nodes and number of herbs in a single node. It's quite a significant buff to quantity and spawn rate. Overall, the price of flasks will decrease as there there will be increased supply. It would be interesting to see if demand goes up to counter this.

Deleted
    Just need my rank 3!

This does nothing to solve the root cause of the problem, what it does is that it treats a symptom and by treating a symptom people can say "WE DID SOMETHING!"

Herbalists still needs to dedicate a lot of TIME to farm them, the only thing that has changed is that now they need less of a lot. Woohoo...

The only way to solve this permanently is to give AW a chance to be harvested from other herbs, while still retaining the ability to spawn as an exclusive herb.

I guess it went from 1-4 2-5 3-6 for ranks 1 to 3 respectively, to 1-4 3-6 5-8.

Try raiding cutting edge before writing clowny stuff like that.