Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drust Flayer View Post
    Rouge
    --- snip ---

Hmmmmm....
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-09-18 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Removed spam image

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Some ideas I like, some I think are way to convoluted to implement in a fashion that wouldn't end in a story/mechanics disaster.

I do think we might need another faction at some point, but who knows.
    In character creation and in-game pvp, Faction Pacts and Allied Classes would be set in the code. Nobody has to understand why they are there mechanics wise they'll automatically know what they can't do if they try it. Did I address the way too convoluted part?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Hmmmmm....
    What does rouge mean?

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I would rather try to explain to a 5 year old why they can't have a cookie.
    Boring.

New Extensive Edits; Faction Pact combinations, Faction Benefits, Class Details, Racial Details, and more. I believe the first posts had a misunderstanding of what Allied Classes were, and what Faction Pacts did. So I explained in greater detail please review that or ask about what you are confused about or explain what you don't like.

New Extensive Edits; Faction Pact combinations, Faction Benefits, Class Details, Racial Details, and more. I believe the first posts had a misunderstanding of what Allied Classes were, and what Faction Pacts did. So I explained in greater detail please review that or ask about what you are confused about or explain what you don't like.
    It seems like English probably isn't your first language so I'll skim by all the grammar weirdness that makes it hard to understand sometimes.

I can appreciate that you put a lot of thought into it but it's just way too convoluted. Maybe you've got the makings of your own game here but this can never happen in WoW. I'm not even convinced that there still need to be two factions, and there certainly don't need to be four.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very likely that after this expansion, maybe not immediately after, but in the near future, Blizz is wanting to do away with factions entirely and finally put the end to the Horde / Alliance war.

If anything, they will remove factions, not add more.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    If anything, they will remove factions, not add more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    I'm not even convinced that there still need to be two factions, and there certainly don't need to be four.
    You two know each other? Well I figured this would be a more interesting way to go. I believe WOW was the first online RPG to split the players up with factions. So I think they could end the warring, but the factions will always remain. Adding more just spices things up and gives more options. You guys may be right though.
    Last edited by Drust Flayer; 2018-09-25 at 11:21 AM.

How is this speculation?

or explain what you don't like.
    Everything. Stop it.

I think you put a lot effort into this and don’t let others bring you down.
    Successful people build each other up, inspire and motivate each other.

Unsuccessful people hate, blame and complain.

I would rate it 2/10 but then you explicitly said this is also a theory. So you actually believe(or appear to believe) they would implement something like this.

I rate it 1/10 and this is my final verdict.

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont think you know what speculation means.

this is fan made expansion concept, and a terrible one at that.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    I think you put a lot effort into this and don’t let others bring you down.
    Thank you, I'll try. Most negative post don't have anything of substance so I sorta just ignore it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Everything. Stop it.
    At least give an example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluimerstand View Post
    How is this speculation?
    It's speculation/theory I guess, how is it not?
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I rate it 1/10 and this is my final verdict.
    Thank you, what should I do to improve this idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    i dont think you know what speculation means.
    this is fan made expansion concept, and a terrible one at that.
    Why is it so terrible?

I think this guy also makes nukige visual novels.

Deleted
    Chronicles is a neat name for an expansion. Beyond that...it seems alot for an expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Chronicles is a neat name for an expansion. Beyond that...it seems alot for an expansion
    Wow started with eight races. I would say its not beyond blizzards capabilities. It is a lot for an expansion though, nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    I think this guy also makes nukige visual novels.
    Thanks for making me google that, I'm a proud collector now.

Looks more like WoW 2 than an expansion. Too many new classes given that there are already too many for meaningful variation between them and Blizzard historically struggles to balance even one new class. World revamp is also a bad idea, the new approach of gradually making older zones relevant and updating them accordingly is a better approach since an overhaul is only ever relevant for 2 years.
    There are some good ideas in there, but perhaps a bit much to happen all at once. I think the issue people take with you calling it speculation rather than an expansion concept is that speculation implies that it's based on stuff that they're already hinting at, rather than a bunch of ideas that might be cool thrown together.
    Also minor criticism there's no actual expansion there. You mention a lot of content ideas but no plot.

Deleted
    Wow started with eight races. I would say its not beyond blizzards capabilities. It is a lot for an expansion though, nothing wrong with that.

Thanks for making me google that, I'm a proud collector now.
    Well it's not bad but the feels more like a layout for a wow 2

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Looks more like WoW 2 than an expansion. Too many new classes given that there are already too many for meaningful variation between them and Blizzard historically struggles to balance even one new class. World revamp is also a bad idea, the new approach of gradually making older zones relevant and updating them accordingly is a better approach since an overhaul is only ever relevant for 2 years.
    There are some good ideas in there, but perhaps a bit much to happen all at once. I think the issue people take with you calling it speculation rather than an expansion concept is that speculation implies that it's based on stuff that they're already hinting at, rather than a bunch of ideas that might be cool thrown together.
    Also minor criticism there's no actual expansion there. You mention a lot of content ideas but no plot.
    Yes this looks a little bit like a "WoW 2". The classes can be added slowly and be given meaningful variation if carefully thought out, I don't believe I made any class appear super similar with an already existent one as far as abilities are concerned, but duly noted. I know Class Balance is hard, I felt like I made a decent attempt though. World Revamp is something that is possible, gradually updating zones chronologically is a better idea because its easier but I like it. Things happening all at once is asking for a lot but that's too bad. There are enough reasons for me to call this speculation, granted it is a lot of cool stuff thrown together without an idea for a plot. So I added A little bit of a plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Well it's not bad but the feels more like a layout for a wow 2
    Well this is probably as close to a wow 2 you can get without completely switching engines or something. That's fair, but I'm not going to erase everything I added just to make it like past expansions.

Deleted
    Yes this looks a little bit like a "WoW 2". The classes can be added slowly and be given meaningful variation if carefully thought out, I don't believe I made any class appear super similar with an already existent one as far as abilities are concerned, but duly noted. I know Class Balance is hard, I felt like I made a decent attempt though. World Revamp is something that is possible, gradually updating zones chronologically is a better idea because its easier but I like it. Things happening all at once is asking for a lot but that's too bad. There are enough reasons for me to call this speculation, granted it is a lot of cool stuff thrown together without an idea for a plot. So I added A little bit of a plot.

Well this is probably as close to a wow 2 you can get without completely switching engines or something. That's fair, but I'm not going to erase everything I added just to make it like past expansions.
    Dude your vision you do whatever you what with it!

I will, thanks. I appreciated the fair critics on this for they made me think. I have added more to the thread which would probably be looked at as WoW 2 kind of things.