Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Except Lunara was a character (a minor one) and I believe Brightwing is the same situation; at any rate I'd greatly appreciate random Warcraft races/Starcraft units becoming fleshed out heroes over lame HotS lore characters.
    Lunara was introduced in Legion after being created for HoTS. Brightwing is also indeed, not the same situation.

I'd take HoTS lore over bullshit like Murky any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Lunara was introduced in Legion after being created for HoTS. Brightwing is also indeed, not the same situation.

Oh, I guess she was. I thought she was in WotLK or something but I guess I'm thinking of another random Dryad.

Murky might be fucking stupid, but at least he's not stupid in addition to also being a HotS lore character.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    So it is confirmed tbh? That for example classic Alexstrasza skin and Spectral Wyrm Alexstrasza are seperate beings? Yep in comic they fight each other.
    In theory, there are multiple versions of each character because its the multiverse. You can see many alternate versions of Alextrasza killing each other. The question is: how many versions arrived to the Nexus and why some versions arrive and others not?

Oh, I guess she was. I thought she was in WotLK or something but I guess I'm thinking of another random Dryad.

Murky might be fucking stupid, but at least he's not stupid in addition to also being a HotS lore character.
    It's all equally stupid tbh. But this is Blizz we're talking about. I mean just look at Hearthstone lol. 70% of what's in HS isn't even from WoW.

Also back to Lunara. It's common to get her confused with other Dryads, as they're all essentially the same character anyways lol

Well, because it's horrible. Like, especially bad. But more than that, though, it's starting to (assumably) leak out into the game itself and we're going to start getting horrible "HotS-unique" heroes, which is a terrible idea. I'd just say "lol more shit hots lore" if it weren't looking like we're going to get some stupid "ULTRA UNIQUE DO NOT STEAL ORIGINAL IDEA" little girl character. Who needs boring losers like Baal or Vol'jin when we can get badazz mudafuckaz like DA RAVEN LORD111

And you know, someone is getting paid a nice salary to write awful nonsense. As a writer, that bothers me on a personal level.

- - - Updated - - -

You must have an elementary-level outlook on writing if you think "the bad guy won, ergo this is good because he didn't get beaten".
    Someone woke up on the wrong side of bed.

Dude its a good comic, you wanna get upset over nothing be my guest.

Lunara was indirectly in lore for a while, as the first daughter of Cenarius. The Heroes team just decided to flesh out what that meant before the WoW team did.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Who's that lady in front of raven lord?

Quote Originally Posted by Tupolew519 View Post
    Who's that lady in front of raven lord?
    Lady of Thorns. She's the current Realm Lord (Lady?) of King's Crest, where Dragon Shire and Garden of Terror are located. You may know her ingame as the announcer on Dragon Shire.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Lunara was indirectly in lore for a while, as the first daughter of Cenarius. The Heroes team just decided to flesh out what that meant before the WoW team did.
    Ahh okay. Thanks for the correction. What source material could I find Lunara in? Like a book? Comic?

Ahh okay. Thanks for the correction. What source material could I find Lunara in? Like a book? Comic?
    It was a quick side-mention in some stuff about Cenarius. I can't remember where it was now, last time I dug it up was almost 3 years ago.

I wonder if they're trying to hype Orphea release for Blizzcon.

It's not working if so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

It seems to me that everyone preferred to have the Lady of Thorns as a new hero instead of Orphea?

I don't get the hate either. Granted, at first glance that Orphea does resemble the Annie or whatever she is from League but I'm not sure what anyone expects here in this moba. We already know we'll get a flow of the characters from universes already established like Warcraft, Starcraft etc. and that yes some will overlap with others already created or in other games so what else should they do?

Creating original characters is the next logical step. This is the same company that recently created the Overwatch characters that are universally loved so people sell them short on ridiculous or trivial things in the grand design of this game and company. I mean if you haven't noticed they are setting themselves up in a way like a Disney/Pixar style empire which shows even in things like Hearthstones movie thing that was amazing in quality. They've kept gamers captivated what 20 years now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    I don't get the hate either. Granted, at first glance that Orphea does resemble the Annie or whatever she is from League but I'm not sure what anyone expects here in this moba. We already know we'll get a flow of the characters from universes already established like Warcraft, Starcraft etc. and that yes some will overlap with others already created or in other games so what else should they do?

Creating original characters is the next logical step. This is the same company that recently created the Overwatch characters that are universally loved so people sell them short on ridiculous or trivial things in the grand design of this game and company. I mean if you haven't noticed they are setting themselves up in a way like a Disney/Pixar style empire which shows even in things like Hearthstones movie thing that was amazing in quality. They've kept gamers captivated what 20 years now?
    Call me crazy but I'm not 100% certain that creating bad original characters for a MOBA multiverse that doesn't need them is in no way logical compared to using existing universes.

What's cooler? A shitty map where you take altars for some Raven Lord guy and some Gravekeeper nobody? Or a map set in ICC (the original concept for the Haunted Towers map before it was rebranded with generic garbage that no one cared about).

It's like if you took Super Smash Bros and instead of adding a new pre-existing character you make some dumbass shit like AUREN THE MASTER OF BLADEZ. Who wants to play on a Super Mario-themed map when you can have DRAGONSHRINE THE DRAGON KNIGHT MAP WITH NO PRE-EXISTING BRANDING AND THEREFORE ZERO REASON TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT IT1111

The problem with Blizzard franchises is that many characters look alike in terms of apperance or skills. How many times you heard: "Great, another orc (another human)"? In Warcraft many notable characters belong to humans or orcs and mostly to 1 of 12 classes. In Starcraft you can have terran in power armor, or identically looking protoss, or zerg (but all notable in game already). In Diablo you can have playable class (most in game), floating angel with fancy wings and black face (1 or 2 left), or evil boss (still have some options). So creating new and original characters is a step in right way.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    It seems to me that everyone preferred to have the Lady of Thorns as a new hero instead of Orphea?
    If we are going to get HotS original characters, I would definitely prefer we got avatars of the Nexus Lords first. We at least know a little bit more about their personalities and motivations as a result of having them as narrators on their respective maps. Even with the recent comics, we literally know nothing about Orphea as a person, other than she's kind of grumpy and for some reason seeing the outcome of the fight between the Lady of Thorns and the Raven Lord has inspired her to take a more active role in the current conflict? Or something?

I just could not care less about her character, right now. As people have pointed out, even her design is derivative of similar MOBA characters. While I'd still prefer another character from a Blizzard game, I'd be way more excited if they announced that they planned on making the Raven Lord, Blackheart, or even the Lady of Thorns playable.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Talk about hatred hyperbole. So damn extreme. Why spew so much venom over something fun? What took the magic out of the world for you? Why do you insist on trying to take it away from others? Get over yourself.

Comic is just fine and I like that they are building stuff up for the Nexus.

As for heroes like Lunara, etc. The heroes represent characters, creatures, aspects, classes and units from each franchise. Not all creatures have a related hero. There are multiple factors which judge when a hero is ready for release and it is a LONG list of potential candidates in various states of development. For every hero you like there are literally thousands of other people who have another fave hero they whine about releasing. In the end out of the many different factors defining when a hero is completed, "popularity" is only one and it is not even a factor that positively contributes to immediate release. If anything, it would be best to stagger the release of the most popular names.

In the end, heroes are ready when they are ready. The game is not defined by your insiped desire for immediately satisfaction which you mask with meaningless "criticisms" which are excuses to vent your frustrations.

let people have fun when you are your own reason for not having fun.

Blizzard still acting like anyone gives a shit about the story when all people want is more alternate history stuff?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope she dont die im kinda getting attached to her
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    If we are going to get HotS original characters, I would definitely prefer we got avatars of the Nexus Lords first. We at least know a little bit more about their personalities and motivations as a result of having them as narrators on their respective maps. Even with the recent comics, we literally know nothing about Orphea as a person, other than she's kind of grumpy and for some reason seeing the outcome of the fight between the Lady of Thorns and the Raven Lord has inspired her to take a more active role in the current conflict? Or something?

I just could not care less about her character, right now. As people have pointed out, even her design is derivative of similar MOBA characters. While I'd still prefer another character from a Blizzard game, I'd be way more excited if they announced that they planned on making the Raven Lord, Blackheart, or even the Lady of Thorns playable.
    I also expected the Lady as an hero. I was curious about her curse and if they will do abilities related to that.