Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Another triggered thread

Been playing shaman for a really long time. Main'd as resto but went enh this expansion in hopea that they would be as good as they were in legion. But with 8.1 changes released I see no promise and am pretty disappointed. I've come to the conclusion that Shaman is a dead class and outside PvP for resto (which is getting nerfed) shaman have zero relevance in the game and it's sad to see that blizzard hasn't acknowledged this. Enh has gotten zero changes to their RNG issues which effects maelstrom and dmg. Ele will still be a low dmg low mobile class and resto still lacks serious single target throughput even at low hp (who like casting 2.5 second heals that never critical in mythic 10+)
    Last edited by Roeks; 2018-09-24 at 03:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a weird assumption that those 1 post respondents and preachers for death of shamans are actually one person who just have nothing better to do, it's the same shitty-spelled complaints over and over again, always advocating for competition in high-end content (while making it really hard to believe that they actually do said high-end content for it to even matter) and always saying that shamans are dead.
    Why do they pop up like this? Can't you just embrace the salt and complain from your "main" account? What's the point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Nah, bro. I've been on mmo-champ a long time and raided from bc through cata in a top us 50 guild. I'm just coming back and am sad to see the state that shaman are in. Almost no ultility. No desire to bring shaman . I've talked to a lot of top guild melee dps and leads and the way encountes are made right now, there is no way they would take a shaman on.
    Just because I decided to finally voice an oppinion after all these years doesn't mean you should automatically dismiss it. I love playing shaman and I truly don't want to reroll but I think it's time.
    FYI, I don't remember my password from 7 years go....lol. been a long time
    Last edited by Roeks; 2018-09-24 at 04:21 AM.

So Rsham gets another nerf.....

Quote Originally Posted by obesemidget View Post
    So Rsham gets another nerf.....
    Yeah man...Blizzard cant stand to see resto do decent anywhere or any shaman spec. They are good at pvp so they need to be nerfed. I just assume Shaman in general arent supposed to be intended to be good at anything. Same thing happened in cata. We were great healers and half way through we got the nerf bat. I mean they take away doomhammer from legion and give us what? Enh is garbage RNG class. Cant get into shit. We arent very desirable.

Right? Cuz they clearly need it.
    Im convinced blizzard has set out to make sure shaman never stay GOOD. Like, ever. They did this shit in cata back when i was playing. Half the reason i quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I have a weird assumption that those 1 post respondents and preachers for death of shamans are actually one person who just have nothing better to do, it's the same shitty-spelled complaints over and over again, always advocating for competition in high-end content (while making it really hard to believe that they actually do said high-end content for it to even matter) and always saying that shamans are dead.
    Why do they pop up like this? Can't you just embrace the salt and complain from your "main" account? What's the point?
    because a lot of people have classes that they love to play. They fall in love with the theme, animations, lore, or whatever. Over the years the game has changed dramatically and the things we love are no longer useful so we don't feel useful and we are all playing the game because we want that feeling of making a difference and crushing our opponents while being overall awesome. IF you take that away, you take away the reward of the game and thus your reason to play it. Slowly this evolves until you move on in your life contrary to our natural instinct not to change things. So it's easier to hang on to false hope and blame others than to embrace the injustice of the world and be the bigger D bag that survival of fittest tells us to be.

Deleted
    What I don't understand is that just because no changes have been announced, you have already decided there will be none. The PTR isn't even out yet.

TREMOR TOTEM baby!!

Thats how we are getting hotfixed!

Deleted
    I don't really know.... the whole shaman community is waiting for some love, we had a blue telling us that they know we are in a bad spot, and since then we seen nerfs, and buffs like healing rain and tremor totem?? and in the same time they buff specs in a pretty good spot?

I can understand the frustration leading to thread like this. feels like a spit in the face everytime changes/hotfix appear in the front page....

Quote Originally Posted by Davey87 View Post
    What I don't understand is that just because no changes have been announced, you have already decided there will be none. The PTR isn't even out yet.

Why did it take Blizz the whole of design phase, alpha, beta and over a month of Live to come up with diddly squat, other than "your expectations for your class is wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Roeks View Post
    Right? Cuz they clearly need it.
    Im convinced blizzard has set out to make sure shaman never stay GOOD. Like, ever. They did this shit in cata back when i was playing. Half the reason i quit.
    Shamans already had dual wielding shields back in Vanilla, like 14years ago. You deserve to be punished for eternity, you glorious bastard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's work on shamans in a nutshell.

A totally grey signature

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit concerned as well. We've known that both shaman dps specs were in trouble in beta. Ion addressed that they knew there were issues for enhancement and elemental back on June 14th of this year and that we will receive the fixes in an upcoming patch. That was two months before release of the game. Its now more than three months later and we still don't know what they plan to due for ENH. They're putting out a flat damage buff to arcane mages (3%) and fury warriors (6%) today, so they obviously don't have issues with just buffing a class across the board in a weekly maintenance. It may not address the RNG issues with the spec, but something would be nice. I'd really just like to know what they are thinking about doing, even if its not finalized. I really don't think that's too much to ask after more than three months, is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I'm a bit concerned as well. We've known that both shaman dps specs were in trouble in beta. Ion addressed that they knew there were issues for enhancement and elemental back on June 14th of this year and that we will receive the fixes in an upcoming patch. That was two months before release of the game. Its now more than three months later and we still don't know what they plan to due for ENH. They're putting out a flat damage buff to arcane mages (3%) and fury warriors (6%) today, so they obviously don't have issues with just buffing a class across the board in a weekly maintenance. It may not address the RNG issues with the spec, but something would be nice. I'd really just like to know what they are thinking about doing, even if its not finalized. I really don't think that's too much to ask after more than three months, is it?
    Agreed, I appreciate that they are buffing these other weak classes but I'm still just sitting here on my Shaman going "So...our turn? Please?"

I know people hate this argument of "well just swap to the working spec" kind of like all Warlocks are being told with Affliction but I feel like it's just insulting at this point that both Shaman DPS specs are at the very bottom and we can't get a minor % buff like the rest of the weak specs. We have NO spec to just "retreat" to while we either wait for buffs or later patches when our mastery may make us good.

Like I don't need to be top damage here but I'd like to be middle of the pack or at least not meme status at this point. People are not taking Shaman as a CLASS because everything is so bad at the moment.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Agreed, I appreciate that they are buffing these other weak classes but I'm still just sitting here on my Shaman going "So...our turn? Please?"

I know people hate this argument of "well just swap to the working spec" kind of like all Warlocks are being told with Affliction but I feel like it's just insulting at this point that both Shaman DPS specs are at the very bottom and we can't get a minor % buff like the rest of the weak specs. We have NO spec to just "retreat" to while we either wait for buffs or later patches when our mastery may make us good.

Like I don't need to be top damage here but I'd like to be middle of the pack or at least not meme status at this point. People are not taking Shaman as a CLASS because everything is so bad at the moment.
    Even IF our damage go buffed to middle of the pack we still lack a certain utility to make us a desirable pick up. What do shaman bring as ENh or ELE that benefits the WHOLE raid? They took that away when they took our totems away and gave everyone our buffs and blood lust. We need to to be top DPS or nothing at all. Sounds stupid but prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roeks View Post
    Even IF our damage go buffed to middle of the pack we still lack a certain utility to make us a desirable pick up. What do shaman bring as ENh or ELE that benefits the WHOLE raid? They took that away when they took our totems away and gave everyone our buffs and blood lust. We need to to be top DPS or nothing at all. Sounds stupid but prove me wrong.
    But mah Tremor Totem!! /s

They're not going to take back any utility they've handed out. That's just something we have to accept at this point. I'm surprised they didn't give Shaman, one of the original big buff classes, anything when they handed buffs and debuffs out to classes with BFA. I guess they assume Purge/Interrupts/BL are more than enough.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    But mah Tremor Totem!! /s

They're not going to take back any utility they've handed out. That's just something we have to accept at this point. I'm surprised they didn't give Shaman, one of the original big buff classes, anything when they handed buffs and debuffs out to classes with BFA. I guess they assume Purge/Interrupts/BL are more than enough.
    But see, we're not the only one with some kind of dispell, interrupt or BL. What are we ? Shitty dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, at least the thread title isn't misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    they are doing deeper changes to talents and rotation so they don't know how that will affect overall dps afterwards. if they buff us and we go to a stupid level they can't nerf us back given how much hate has been generated.