Deleted

Retri log analysis and advices

Hello all,
    I'm trying to improve my dps and i would really appreciate some advices.

Here is the log from my last raid : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gz9Lp2mHbVktc8qf/

I'm trying to do better so any tips are welcomed. Thanks

Biggest things that stand out are making sure 2nd pot is used with wings + lust if it's held and making sure you have enough time left on inq to not have to refresh it during wings. On taloc I get that you probably just wanted to be safe, but if you want to push dps there you do have healers and defensives there to keep you dpsing like on the lift.

Deleted
    Seems you spend global and resources to recast inquisition during wings which is an issue.
    Not really sure whether the 1% difference in patchwerk sim cuts it for you to go with inquisition instead of DP for mythic progress fights. Same with Hammer. My goto for mythic progress would be "keep it simple" specially if the difference on sims is pretty small (<2%) and there is no niche reward from it (ie clear execute phase or adds that would bring more hammer casts up or when u would prefer the steady output of inq instead of the rng nature of dp). Once on farm and more comfortable i would see why u would go with more buttons to squize these ranks out.
    Last edited by mmoc0e2bb9485a; 2018-09-21 at 09:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shishikyu View Post
    Actually, it's not just a 1-2% difference. BoW and DP are both extra layers of rng and are unstable dps factors. It can go really well or really wrong. Also, hammer offers you an extra 'ranged' ability to use on distance and/or during movement. Inquisition gives you a flat haste and damage increase which makes sure you always do decent damage where as DP is maybe more fun but just too rng to be reliable during mythic progress. So it's actually the way around. I suggest hammer/inq when you're doing progress and learning the fight so you have more reliable dps and a chance to dps while being at range or moving more than usual. Once you get more comfortable and have the fight on farm then you can maybe goof around and enjoy the RNG fun of BoW/DP and enjoy sweet TV crits with DP proc and judgment.
    Well went through his toon sims from a raidbot perspective for various talent combos and thats the difference it came up with. Am not really sure whether when someone does the mistake to refresh inquisition during wings in hc farm then his gameplay lvl will allow him to be effective in using inquisition properly and following the tight hammer cd timing on heavy movement / high awareness / calls on the fly environment the likes of mythic progress brings on the table. For example inquisition is easy to keep track and refresh appropriately however to try and max its performance so u aint loosing HoPo cause movement and stuff can be tricky to decide when progressing whereas DP is more blunt. Anyways when i used to do mythic progress i always preferred passive options if the output difference was not vast so i could concentrate more on timers, surroundings and rl calls moving on to more active abilities if there was a defo dps check or when on farm. Having said that however we got to take into account that DP has been repeatedly reported as bugged leading to less output than sims suggest so endpoint is try and get a proper inquisition tracking aura and practice more with it :P.

Actually, it's not just a 1-2% difference. BoW and DP are both extra layers of rng and are unstable dps factors. It can go really well or really wrong. Also, hammer offers you an extra 'ranged' ability to use on distance and/or during movement. Inquisition gives you a flat haste and damage increase which makes sure you always do decent damage where as DP is maybe more fun but just too rng to be reliable during mythic progress. So it's actually the way around. I suggest hammer/inq when you're doing progress and learning the fight so you have more reliable dps and a chance to dps while being at range or moving more than usual. Once you get more comfortable and have the fight on farm then you can maybe goof around and enjoy the RNG fun of BoW/DP and enjoy sweet TV crits with DP proc and judgment.
    I don't see how BoW can go wrong, it's based on RPPM, it's RNG without RNG if that makes sense. DP is RNG because it's a flat 15% chance. It can prooc 50 times a fight or not once. BoW is bound to prooc however many times your haste allows it to.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Inquisition gives you a flat haste and damage increase which makes sure you always do decent damage where as DP is maybe more fun but just too rng to be reliable during mythic progress. So it's actually the way around. I suggest hammer/inq when you're doing progress and learning the fight so you have more reliable dps and a chance to dps while being at range or moving more than usual. Once you get more comfortable and have the fight on farm then you can maybe goof around and enjoy the RNG fun of BoW/DP and enjoy sweet TV crits with DP proc and judgment.
    I think you are completely right from a pure damage/fun perspective, but it is definitely worth considering the quality of life of not having to track and time an extra buff. Not that it is difficult to do so, but on some really hectic fights there is definitely higher mental priorities than refreshing it at the right times (especially where there is lower uptime due to lots of movement, or making sure you don't have to refresh it during a short priority damage window). DP sims marginally behind inq for me, but it has been relatively consistent dps on prog yet without ever having to really think about it.

TBH I don't think there is really a wrong choice between the two, all things being equal.

Fully agree mate, talents performing similarly means that choice can be based on preference, which is a GREAT thing! Like when holy avenger/sanctified wrath/DP all simmed so close that it was purely a matter of choice, or final verdict/emp seals/seraphim

Deleted
    Ima check my facts again but DP proccs seem to be kinda bugged as if proccs coming in milliseconds before the previous one got consumed. That bug led to proccs not getting properly registered as new. That's why we would not see the 3-4 DP chains we would have in the past. Skeletor in his site mentioned how u could track and report the issue through logs but as I said gotta check my facts again...

Yeah tbh the numbers are so minimally different we actually have two viable talent combo's (BoW/DP and HoW/Inq) to pick from at this moment in time. Already a step towards a brighter Ret future as opposed to having to lock in Crusade for 99% of an expansion with no variety but just pop wings enjoy 5000% haste and spam as much spenders as possible within the judgment frame. Now completely trashing Crusade to the point of it not being viable anymore is the other extreme, but 2 options are better than 1!
    I am glad for this as well. I didn't like the Inq play style in the past expansions (think it was 2?) and was worried it would be the one build to play as ret. I much prefer the DP style.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.