Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Gankers are Slackers

Honestly anyone at 120 who camps low level quest hubs is alreadly losing, because the players questing there are at least progressing a character, while that 120 might just as well afk for all the good it does them. 120s who gank low levels are essentially slacking. They could be doing something useful like raiding or arenas or M+, but instead are wasting their time griefing other players because their egos are desperate for some sense of power.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    are desperate for some sense of power.
    Nah, they're just desperate for salt like this.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Nah, they're just desperate for salt like this.
    Exactly - some sense of power.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Inb4, "You're just salty about getting ganked, noob!"

Lets be honest, if Blizzard did not want that happening NPC's would be a lot stronger.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    too late, a scrub already replied.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    too late, a scrub already replied.
    I can tell someone else is angry too.
    If you don't want to be ganked by 120s, get out of Warmode. It's explicitly for PvP and if you don't want to deal with the baggage associated then all you are doing is crying for the sake of crying.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Yep. Idc about getting ganked. It's cartoon death, not real death, right? And it's not that hard to avoid dying a 2nd time. So I still end up leveling or whatever, and what are they doing?

I started looking them up on B-net, just out of curiosity. I mean, who has time to waste on such? All the 120s who have ganked me (I didn't look up the ones who were near my level, as they had every reason to be there) - all the 120s were un-geared and no significant raid experience, which tells me those players were not pushing any endgame content. Apparently ganking lowbies was all they felt competent to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not about power, it's about annoying people.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want to be ganked by 120s, get out of Warmode. It's explicitly for PvP and if you don't want to deal with the baggage associated then all you are doing is crying for the sake of crying.
    But I LOVE some of WM. I love those moments when the confrontation is somewhat balanced. When that rogue lands his flying mount near me and goes into stealth... I know he is most likely coming to try me, but when will he strike? When should I drop totems? Will he surprise me or will I surprise him? And when he stuns me but gets jumped by my earth elemental, how will he react? Is he pro, or still learning? Will he finish me off, or try to run?

Those moments are fun. Getting ganked by a 120 when you're level 40? There's no counter play to that, other than dying someplace smart so you can rez out of sight and sneak away. Then again, all you have to do to beat a 120 ganker is continue to progress your toon while they waste time on theirs.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-09-26 at 07:41 PM. Reason: spelling

They could be doing something useful like raiding or arenas or M+, but instead are wasting their time griefing other players because their egos are desperate for some sense of power.
    Why do people in threads like this always seem to think there has to be some sort of "deeper" reasoning behind this, other than the gankers are bored? Of course the people who constantly gank lowbies are assholes, and I'm sure there are some of them do sit there stroking their own hefty mantits with some sort of egotistical pride... but I really don't think the vast majority of gankers have some sort of deep underlying meaning to their ganking. This is how they like to spend their free time, not everyone wants to spend their time doing something "useful" or "meaningful" in a video game when they have some spare time on their hands.
    I played on a pvp server for 10 years, I know the frustration of being ganked while trying to level, and I understand that this frustration can lead to your mind trying to see some sort of reason for the ganker to be some sort of pathetic thing while feeling that you're kind of just a harmless victim; but I really don't think people who gank for fun are the kind of people who take the game too seriously to the point of feeling powerful for doing it, or feel like there's more useful ways they could be playing the game. It's simply the way they play out of boredom.

Considering this is a game and the main point of it is for players to have fun and blizzard to make money, At least they are having fun ganking.
    Though the camping mentality is odd to me, If I see a lower level flagged while im doing WQ or farming I will hit them a few times. If they fight back I finish it, if they run I CC them and leave.

It's a game. The objective is to have fun.

You're basically saying that their idea of fun is less worthy than your idea of fun. Coming from someone who hates ganking, that's still pretty silly.

Yep. Idc about getting ganked. It's cartoon death, not real death, right? And it's not that hard to avoid dying a 2nd time. So I still end up leveling or whatever, and what are they doing?

I started looking them up on B-net, just out of curiosity. I mean, who has time to waste on such? All the 120s who have ganked me (I didn't look up the ones who were near my level, as they had every reason to be there) - all the 120s were un-geared and no significant raid experience, which tells me those players were not pushing any endgame content. Apparently ganking lowbies was all they felt competent to do.
    Clearly you do care lol, so much that you had to come here and actually create a thread and try to call people out rofl

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Why do people in threads like this always seem to think there has to be some sort of "deeper" reasoning behind this, other than the gankers are bored? Of course the people who constantly gank lowbies are assholes, and I'm sure there are some of them do sit there stroking their own hefty mantits with some sort of egotistical pride... but I really don't think the vast majority of gankers have some sort of deep underlying meaning to their ganking. This is how they like to spend their free time, not everyone wants to spend their time doing something "useful" or "meaningful" in a video game when they have some spare time on their hands.
    I played on a pvp server for 10 years, I know the frustration of being ganked while trying to level, and I understand that this frustration can lead to your mind trying to see some sort of reason for the ganker to be some sort of pathetic thing while feeling that you're kind of just a harmless victim; but I really don't think people who gank for fun are the kind of people who take the game too seriously to the point of feeling powerful for doing it, or feel like there's more useful ways they could be playing the game. It's simply the way they play out of boredom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notnow View Post
    Considering this is a game and the main point of it is for players to have fun and blizzard to make money, At least they are having fun ganking.
    Though the camping mentality is odd to me, If I see a lower level flagged while im doing WQ or farming I will hit them a few times. If they fight back I finish it, if they run I CC them and leave.
    Different strokes I guess. Personally, I love the sense of danger that comes with WM, and I enjoy encounters where the outcome is in doubt, but it would never occur to me to waste time on my main hanging out in low level zones to gank people. If I happened to run into them killing a flight master when I passed through? Sure, I would stop them. But going to Burning Steppes or Hellfire Peninsula just so I could camp players half my level? I'd rather herb farm tbh. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    Clearly you do care lol, so much that you had to come here and actually create a thread and try to call people out rofl
    Fair enough. Color me puzzled lol. Idc in the sense that I am upset about it. I only care enough to post after I've logged out of game and am getting ready for bed.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I care about this about as much as I care about any of the other stuff we debate on MMO-C, which is enough to post, but not enough to change my day.

Deleted
    For me it's EXPLICITLY for the fact that my class feels a hundred times less clunky with pvp talents.

as someone who started their gladiatorial run in BC season 1, this had always been the case for gankers.
    no gear, no skill, no tactics, just EXP power.
    there are exceptions, i once had a student of mine back when DK PvP took skill, like knowing when to use dark sim to steal a mage's blink out of of a DG to force them to use it while gaining a gap closer, who i taught go horde and immediately start ganking and corpse camping lowbies and lvl-cap players alike.
    ended up "having the high ground" with him in wetlands and i camped his ass til he left the area.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    For me it's EXPLICITLY for the fact that my class feels a hundred times less clunky with pvp talents.
    yeah, a few classes/specs really do need their PvP talents for PvE,
    but that's more an issue with blizzard's shitty class developers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Turn war mode off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Lets be honest, if Blizzard did not want that happening NPC's would be a lot stronger.
    That was one thing that was nice about vanilla, guards could actually fuck you up back then if you just recklessly ran into an enemy outpost, now they are just pathetic... And god forbid you agro'd a flightmaster back then, those gryphons/wyvern would rip you to pieces if you didn't gtfo... And there was no living through Saurfang if you wandered into Orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-09-26 at 08:10 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    That was one thing that was nice about vanilla, guards could actually fuck you up back then if you just recklessly ran into an enemy outpost, now they are just pathetic... And god forbid you agro'd a flightmaster back then, those gryphons/wyvern would rip you to pieces if you didn't gtfo... And there was no living through Saurfang if you wandered into Orgrimmar.
    OMG remember when people would kite world boss dragons into down to be a dick?
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal