Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

wont it be fun losing over 1k dps once the new raid comes out?

we'll have 750 of our best stat on the 10th week of uldir

when the new raid opens that's gone

and our characters will lose power.

wont it feel nice?

I know technically it is the same as the hp/dmg buff in ICC etc

but this gives your character actual power, you plan your gear around it too since it fundamentally changes your stat priority.

and then bam it'll just be gone.

isn't it fun losing 500 dps every week through azerite nerfs?

blizz should've buffed the weak traits instead.

I wasn't taking your post that seriously until I saw the bam at the end and then the truth of it really hit home. It was like your bam kicked me in the nuts.

this only works in Uldir.

are you implying 750 crit/haste/mastery is a MASSIVE dps increase? Cause it's not. Yes you'll technically be weaker but you'll barely notice, especially with the higher ilvl gear and newer (supposedly better) azerite traits.

It's like the equivalent of losing your vantus rune on a boss you already killed. You'll be fine. No one cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like saying you lost 50,000dps when they did the stat squish. It's tuned for that. The numbers don't matter and aren't relevant.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    are you implying 750 crit/haste/mastery is a MASSIVE dps increase? Cause it's not. Yes you'll technically be weaker but you'll barely notice, especially with the higher ilvl gear and newer (supposedly better) azerite traits.

It's like the equivalent of losing your vantus rune on a boss you already killed. You'll be fine. No one cares.
    uhm yes

it is a massive dps increase lol
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...Px7mJsaAKv5cJD 0 stack
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...xJAqnAKtug5Khg 10 stack

it's like 1300 dps

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It's like saying you lost 50,000dps when they did the stat squish. It's tuned for that. The numbers don't matter and aren't relevant.
    I mentioned that in the OP

itll feel different

you'll notice having less haste all of a sudden
    or less crit

and also, you tune your entire character around that extra 750 stat.
    and when it's lost it's gonna toss all your stat priorities out the window and it messes up your gear.

if it was a blanket dmg buff, or an prime stat buff, it'd be fine

it being a secondary stat buff is relevant.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-09-27 at 01:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

Can't remember the rating value for Mastery, but 750 crit/haste is worth slightly more than 10% of each. That's significant.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

But you'll have more sources of gear to improve your character. It actually helps to not trivialize Uldir right away because the ilvl upgrade from the next tier is a little artificial

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Secondary stats barely scale across item levels, making 750 a significant amount. I mean, a raid geared character has, what, 2500-3000 total secondary ratings, with half of them spread across weaker stats? You'll be losing a third of your best rating, just like that.

By your logic, no one should ever bother with food buffs, since Uldir trait will be worth 10 times as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    losing 750 haste as ret is going to suck hard, I already feel a difference between Uldir and M+. Some specs actually start to function and the downtime/rotation really starts to shine the more of X stat you stack. If they just gave us a stacking .5% damage or 1% damage increase I'd agree with you, but secondaries can be pivotal to a spec.
    That's a class design flaw, we should be asking for the root cause of the problem (Ret's CDs on it's HP builders being too fucking long) to be fixed, not for the band-aid to be extended.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    losing 750 haste as ret is going to suck hard, I already feel a difference between Uldir and M+. Some specs actually start to function and the downtime/rotation really starts to shine the more of X stat you stack. If they just gave us a stacking .5% damage or 1% damage increase I'd agree with you, but secondaries can be pivotal to a spec.
    That's true. I know for some casters there are haste breakpoints. On one hand it might be a dev thing to say "You shouldn't stack/base your setup around a buff in one place" but that's also like saying "We have no idea what players might do with stats, after fifteen years of them simming"
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Lol. Yes, I'm pretty sure people will notice losing like 10% haste. Wtf kinda question is that even.
    Losing that much of your best 2nd stat will easily result in a 10% dps loss - which is prolly slightly more than losing 3% fucking Versatility.
    Holy shit, how dense and ignorant can one be...

But it'll be offset with gear going up another ~75ilvls

I feel like I’ve been under a rock.

Can someone kindly explain to me why we are getting weakened in 8.1???

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post

wont it feel nice?

but this gives your character actual power, you plan your gear around it too since it fundamentally changes your stat priority.

This is the argument blizz will use when revealing the 8.1 raid gear to be stupidly op
    Likely lfr will be something stupid like 360
    Every difficulty with a similar gap through the expansion once again rendering previous tiers useless...anyone else remember when raid weren't irrelevant due to power creep?? It was a fun time

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    But it'll be offset with gear going up another ~75ilvls
    not right away
    especially not with persolul loot

wont it feel nice?

Same things you deal with when you are in a mythic + or questing. You can just swap into your dungeon set if it is that much of a deal breaker for you and your raid gear. We also have months to plan and be ready for this it isn't like it is just secretly being dropped on people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I feel like I’ve been under a rock.

Can someone kindly explain to me why we are getting weakened in 8.1???
    We aren't. 2 raid azerite traits buff you while in Uldir and only work in Uldir. So while you are there you are artificially stronger than you are anywhere else. It is why things like Laser Matrix is a top raid trait for some but not a top mythic plus or pvp trait.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

not right away
    especially not with persolul loot
    Wont take long with the increased M+ rewards ontop of the raid gear.
    But each to their own, won't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    But these go to 11!

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis