Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    That was debunked. The list that had Silvermoon on it showed nothing of Darkshore, which ended up being the next warfront.
    Well technically every leak is busted. Since they all had Southern Barrens as the next Warfront.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    OP if you haven't noticed by now, Blizzard will never add High Elves. It's pretty obvious by how they trolled High Elf fans with Void Elves.
    I totally agree and loved every minute of that too...

Alliance fanbois: We want High Elves NAO!
    Blizzard: Ok here you go some new fashioned VOID Elves.

What's this fucking obsession with re-skinned elves? Just play one of the 4 current elf races. The gameplay isn't going to change.

If Blizzard gives high elves, that would be a case of damage control

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    That's incredibly stupid, though.
    It really isn't. It's far more stupid to purposely be dense when the story pretty much explains
    everything.

Just because something is UNIQUE doesn't make it better, anyone with an IQ above room temperature realizes this.
    And just because someone wants something doesn't mean they should always get it, lore and so forth
    be damned, anyone with an IQ above room temperature can see this.

Maybe next time try not to come across as a douchebag if you're going to argue with someone? Maybe?

Things that will always confuse me about MMO-C:

• Arguments about the Tinker "class"
    • People irrationally upset about flying
    • Butthurt players complaining about High Elves

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Why the hell are people so rabid about High Elves?

If you want the model as Alliance, roll a Void Elf.

As for lore, High Elves are simply those who did not follow Liadrin. Their story ended there. Blood Elves picked up that race's lore and continued with it.
    Because when Horde fans asked for 'upright brown skinned orcs' they got them all. When Alliance fans asked for 'blue eyed blood elves' they got 'blue-skinned tentacle elves' are you not following this concept? Just like when they asked for 'Night Elf Lore development' they didn't ask to be made the biggest losers in Azeroth so Anduin can play righteous paladin in a cinematic.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

10+ Year Old Account
    only thing high here is op thinkin that this would ever happen
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAHA DOOD LMAO XD XD View Post
    All the flak and PR failures Blizzard is receiving will make them more desperate to retain players and stop them from leaving. Aside from Zandalari Paladins, what's the one thing that would please a ton of Alliance players? High Elves. If they announce that, there's no doubt lots would come back to check them out. It might even resolve the horrible faction imbalance that's been favoring the Horde for a while.
    Sethrak would work very well too!

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Indeed, Blizzard has backtracked multiple times. They said that they would never allow Ally and Horde chars on the same account and server (at least before warmode), they said that WotLK would feature a dance studio (it was written on the freaking box), they heavily implied that there would never be official Vanilla/Classic servers, etc... So, if BfA flops, Ion will probably get fired, and they'll perhaps break another emergency kit, as they did with DHs in Legion.
    Sorry to break your brilliant theory, but DHs were probably on the concept board as early as MoP, if not by the end of Cata. Its not like Blizzard saw how giant of a flop WoD was and suddenly decided to add DHs to an x-pac revolving around BL and featuring Illidan as the main character, which was 100% intended to follow WoD. They openly stated the 2 expacs will be directly linked, and why some people may argue the follow-up was supposed to be ogre continent, this is just a conspiracy theory. If anything, they might have expected players will see WoD for the empty shell it was and start quitting en masse, which is why they pooled resources and cool stuff into Legion. Though I cant really name any features that may have been added to Legion in a hurry, most of it must have been pre-planned.

Also I dont really see the impact adding High Elves may have. It would just be another race, one of over 20 and also just a variant of 2 other already existing. On top of it, it would most likely belong to a faction that is already lower in numbers and will only continue to drop. Even if we generously assume DHs were an emergency kit, Helves would barely count as a band-aid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Isn't there like a 3 month courtesy period before we start crafting fake narratives about how bad the current expac is?

Quote Originally Posted by HAHA DOOD LMAO XD XD View Post
    All the flak and PR failures Blizzard is receiving will make them more desperate to retain players and stop them from leaving. Aside from Zandalari Paladins, what's the one thing that would please a ton of Alliance players? High Elves. If they announce that, there's no doubt lots would come back to check them out. It might even resolve the horrible faction imbalance that's been favoring the Horde for a while.
    Not gonna lie.. I'd rather have Zandalari Pallys..> GIVE IT TO US BLIZZ! Oh and Night elf pallys! DO IT BLIZZ!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Sorry to break your brilliant theory, but DHs were probably on the concept board as early as MoP, if not by the end of Cata. Its not like Blizzard saw how giant of a flop WoD was and suddenly decided to add DHs to an x-pac revolving around BL and featuring Illidan as the main character, which was 100% intended to follow WoD. They openly stated the 2 expacs will be directly linked, and why some people may argue the follow-up was supposed to be ogre continent, this is just a conspiracy theory. If anything, they might have expected players will see WoD for the empty shell it was and start quitting en masse, which is why they pooled resources and cool stuff into Legion. Though I cant really name any features that may have been added to Legion in a hurry, most of it must have been pre-planned.

Also I dont really see the impact adding High Elves may have. It would just be another race, one of over 20 and also just a variant of 2 other already existing. On top of it, it would most likely belong to a faction that is already lower in numbers and will only continue to drop. Even if we generously assume DHs were an emergency kit, Helves would barely count as a band-aid.
    Nobody cares if DHs were on the drawing board since MoP, WotLK or even Vanilla. The thing is that they resorted to introducing DHs in a moment of panic, and it worked. Which may set a precedent for the future, and that is all I'm trying to say, Mr. Random McEdgelord.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Nobody cares if DHs were on the drawing board since MoP, WotLK or even Vanilla. The thing is that they resorted to introducing DHs in a moment of panic, and it worked. Which may set a precedent for the future, and that is all I'm trying to say, Mr. Random McEdgelord.
    Nice counter arguments there, mr. Totally-not-random Not-edgelord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

There is no failure.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Problem is, from a lore perspective, they are basically extinct. The few that remain have no faction leader, no ties to one another, no large groupings and are not widely accepted among the alliance. The largest grouping of them is in the silver covenant. Then you have the fact that blood elves and high elves are one in the same. Just the majority of them changed their race title to blood elf in honor of their fallen during the attack on their home.

Given all this, its not really going to change. Nothing supports their ability to be an allied race. Their too few in numbers. Which leads me to agree with the OP. If they ignore All of the lore, and even their own stance, just to put them in, it really will be a panic button.
    Like how the void elves are a tiny splinter group of the already "smallest member of the horde" faction?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Nice counter arguments there, mr. Totally-not-random Not-edgelord.
    What does that even mean...? Anyway, I'm done arguing with you, have an edgy day good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Like how the void elves are a tiny splinter group of the already "smallest member of the horde" faction?
    This. Belves lorewise were a few survivors from Arthas' slaughter during the conquest of Quel'thalas, yet they have always been the most populated race since they were introduced. Velves are supposed to be a tiny splintering off Belves, yet that didn't prevent Blizz from making them playable.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2018-09-27 at 05:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    High Elves should have been the allied race rather then Void Elves. Void Elves are just so embarrassing.
    Nightborn should have been neutral

Void Elves should have been High Elves...

So fucking simple. Yet it just couldn't be allowed because Ion is all about that Horde bias.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frymastermeat View Post
    Isn't there like a 3 month courtesy period before we start crafting fake narratives about how bad the current expac is?
    There is not.

It's never too soon! All aboard for 9.0!

4 types of elf arent enough? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    just put High Elves on the Blizzard Store for 25 bucks. Open to both factions.

Everyone's happy. Blizzard makes money, Fanboys get their High Elves... What could possibly go wrong?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything