Poll: What did you prefer

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    ehm, remember that there used to be a rewards (aka the legendaries) and people bitched and whined non stop till they go removed?

what do you want them to do? hand you 380 items for doing daily quests or completing the war campaign?
    fucking hell, why do people always jump from one extreme to the other?? No i am not a far right nazi just because i am not far left on every topic.
    There's a middleground between garbage rewards where the effort isn't justified and WQ giving highest itemlevel gear, quite a large one actually

7+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is most people say 7.1 held all of legions content....so like wutrusayin

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Using the WoD argument is going to convince people. Yeah WoD had content you could do but most of it was not interesting or rewarding. BFA has a lot of content but very little of it is rewarding. BFA has ocean wide content but the depth of a puddle.
    You know that’s bull right? You can go back to wod and see the content if you take out the jungle there’s jack All to do compared to bfa with ashran being the only leg up. The whole rewarding part is also bull every expan if your a high end raider you have no reason to do 90% Of the content with legion being the only exception with farming legendarys and ap.

so the problem is not that there is no content but rather that you do not wish to complete it for whatever reason
    Which basically what everybody tells you. Content that nobody wants to participate in = no content.

Legion seemed like it had more to do for 2 reasons.

1. Suramar. We actually had a very very in depth max level zone, the questline lasted months. BfA has nothing like this, only true max level questing is the war campaign which has like 10% of the quests Suramar had.

2. Grinding AP actually mattered. No one gives two craps about grinding Azerite Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post

Because legendaries. They were extremely good for motivating people to play, and would be amazing to have again if only they were balanced/only utility.
    What are you talking about? Did you play Legion at its release? People HATED legendaries, or to be more specific, people hated the randomness aspect of them. Did they motivate people to play? Sure, but not for a good reason. It wasn't fun to know that if your first legendary would be Sephuz, you'd have a huge disadvantage for a long time.

I can't believe people are already saying that Legion release was better than BFA because of legendaries. I wish I could throw you all back in time to 1000 "OMG LEGION IS FULL OF RNG, UNSUBBED" threads per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    Legion seemed like it had more to do for 2 reasons.

1. Suramar. We actually had a very very in depth max level zone, the questline lasted months. BfA has nothing like this, only true max level questing is the war campaign which has like 10% of the quests Suramar had.

2. Grinding AP actually mattered. No one gives two craps about grinding Azerite Power.
    I hated Suramar. I just wanted to do mythic+ and raid, but I had to complete Suramar to be able to access CoS and Arcway. What a waste of time. And sure, grinding AP mattered. Which is why everyone was grinding MoS+7 100 times a day. Great system!
    Last edited by reauxmont; 2018-09-27 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    What are you talking about? Did you play Legion at its release? People HATED legendaries, or to be more specific, people hated the randomness aspect of them. Did they motivate people to play? Sure, but not for a good reason. It wasn't fun to know that if your first legendary would be Sephuz, you'd have a huge disadvantage for a long time.

I can't believe people are already saying that Legion release was better than BFA because of legendaries. I wish I could throw you all back in time to 1000 "OMG LEGION IS FULL OF RNG, UNSUBBED" threads per day.
    You think those people actually unsubbed though? Like, do you really think that?

Balance of legendaries is minor in comparison to the motivation it gave people to play. People "hated" them because they didn't get the best one. Yeah it was bad early, but it got better and they were a consistent and strong motivation to do shit like M+ every week and emissaries for the vast majority of players (the ones who didn't have all of them).

ehm, excuse me?

you have a raid, 10 dungeons, island expeditions, dailies, the warfront, arenas, bgs, pvp brawls, the war campaign, unlocking allied races with their related quest and ofc leveling along with all the misc content (pet battles, world events etc)

what exactly do you mean by no content?

if you did manage to clear all that already... well do you even have a job pal?
    There was a guy on day three of the xpac saying how he'd gotten to 120, cleared all the regular mythics for as much gear as he could get, and then came to the forums going "where's the content, Blizz?" Day three. Admitted in his post he hadn't slept since launch.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You think those people actually unsubbed though? Like, do you really think that?

Balance of legendaries is minor in comparison to the motivation it gave people to play. People "hated" them because they didn't get the best one. Yeah it was bad early, but it got better and they were a consistent and strong motivation to do shit like M+ every week and emissaries for the vast majority of players (the ones who didn't have all of them).
    Here's a reason to do shit like M+ every week: the glory and joy of beating challenging content.

The pikmin in suramar is more fun than island expeditions and warfronts combined. I wish the resources that went into expeditions/warfronts was just put into content people would like, like a season 1 solo challenge modes, like mage tower.

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    Here's a reason to do shit like M+ every week: the glory and joy of beating challenging content.
    You can't honestly pretend like having a small chance of beating harder content is as much of a motivator as having a small chance of beating harder content AND getting a legendary.

I know that people cried a lot about legendaries, but the iteration we had in the later stages of Legion was great, and a huge motivator to play. Anyone denying that (at least the latter part) is delusional or didn't play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I don't remember heroics having a weekly lockout.

- - - Updated - - -
    Yeah, that's the problem with all of you, you don't remember anything correctly. Heroics had Daily Lockouts and they still have.

That's why something like Vanilla will hit lot of you guys like a brickwall.
    You simply don't remember the worst things as you deny them.

Deleted
    ehm, remember that there used to be a rewards (aka the legendaries) and people bitched and whined non stop till they go removed?

what do you want them to do? hand you 380 items for doing daily quests or completing the war campaign?
    Actualy i am getting mythic lvl gear for doing casual brain dead content. Titanforging happens actualy lot. i am now 368itemvlvl and i didnt step foot into single raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post

With your mind set every other raid beside the first one is no content anymore.

EDIT: Not to forget about the content I didn't post because I am not doing it regularly. Every new PVP aspect (headhunter, Duel Guild, there are people doing this shit and farm it) and Pet Battles.
    "I'm talking about initial content, I have even worse views on progression through patches"

"With your mind set every other raid beside the first one is no content anymore" And that is absolutely correct. I did that in legion. I cleared most of EN of mythic then quit due to Univirsity. I came back at the end of legion and never once did i do the old raids because they're completely pointless to do. why you may ask? Well because i could just skip on over to a vendor in Argus and say "Hey, i haven't played in over a year now, can I please have some free gear which will allow me to bypass all previous forms of content, essentially making it obsolete for my character?" and Blizzard said "sure! Here you go!"

In terms of other "Content"... im using that loosely here. Even the game directer said that islands and warfronts are just something to do as a weekly/monthly thing.

So I ask again, where is my MEANINGFUL content that allows me to feel an sense of PROGRESSION because right now my only form of progression is deciding whether £10 a month is worth playing a game that has less content and more bugs than some F2P MMOs out there

You objectively have just as much to do now. Arguably more, given island thingamabobbers and the occasional warfront. The problem lies in whether the newer content actually equates to enjoyment or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Yeah, that's the problem with all of you, you don't remember anything correctly. Heroics had Daily Lockouts and they still have.

That's why something like Vanilla will hit lot of you guys like a brickwall.
    You simply don't remember the worst things as you deny them.
    I know you said heroics, but dungeons in vanilla had no lockout. Well you could get locked out if you did the same one 5 times in an hour, but you'd just have to wait till the hour was up. You'll only notice this when you're say, farming the first boss of a dungeon.

Totally agree with the majority not remembering things correctly. If WotLK was released now, there would be nothing but complaints (much like how it was at the time, which people forget) as there would be nothing to do fast, with everything cleared in a week or two on the hardest difficulty.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-09-28 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    No it isnt. Mythic raiding is a different level. Actually everything below mythic was just added so that worse players can see the story. Until the end of BC you only had mythic difficulty.
    nope, heroic was technically the norm in TBC.
    Last edited by Phasetwist; 2018-09-28 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSnoopy View Post
    How do we go from too much content at the start of legion to non at all in BFA
    " I think there's no content in Warcraft these days, -PS I only do 2 things in the game " Oh look its this thread again, You're never going to find WoW's content if you don't look for it. If your not looking for an advenure I have no idea why your playing the game.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You objectively have just as much to do now. Arguably more, given island thingamabobbers and the occasional warfront. The problem lies in whether the newer content actually equates to enjoyment or not.
    This. It's just like WoD. There's tons to do. But if people don't want to do it they'll cover their ears with their hands, go la la la blizz where's my content on the forums.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.