Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I have no problems with mana with 4xexplosion+AM, but DPS is very low. I guess I need 3 AE traits to be competitive, they are extremely high.
    you are doing something seriously wrong

dps is never going to be low by just spamming Arcane Explosion and Arcane Blast.

And when Arcane Power is up you should destroy.

Dont even need Arcane Orb and all that other garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Arcane explosion is not tied to charge, it always costs the same. But it does not mean you won't run oom by spamming it, it costs something like 10k mana.
    mana on trash is rarely ever a problem even in +10 fortified teeming week I only once had a mana issue because I wasted Evo.

Even in those rare circumstances I can still greater invis and drink and because Arcane AOE dmg is pretty sick remain on top of the damage meter while my group finishes off the last stragglers.

Arcane is fine, the only thing Frost really has over Arcane is slow utility. Arcane can keep up with Frost on AOE and is better on ST.

I played all my keys with a Frost Mage while I was Arcane. I beat him on almost every pull and while I had a couple more Ilvl he had much better trinkets.

Also I feel like my gear is not in a good place for M+ right now because I have too much haste, not enough crit.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2018-09-25 at 05:29 PM.

What the hell is ST? Stupid Millennials using their texting language...

Deleted
    ST - Single Target

and no I am not a millenial, but certain terms should be self-explanatory or be obvious from context if you played this game for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    you sound stupid af right now fam
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    (Arcane) Galvanizing Spark: damage reduced by 30% (unchanged in PvP).
    (Arcane) Explosive Echo: damage reduced by 35%
    Whoops, bye Arcane, nice knowing you. That EE nerf, while necessary, should bring down AoE a peg.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    So I guess you see "AoE" as "stupid millennials" too, right? Top kek right here.

ST is "Single Target" and I will never understand why, when used alongside AoE, some people have trouble figuring that out. "ST and AoE", when read, should trigger in your brain that they're clearly talking about something either related to or the opposite of AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    and no I am not a millenial, but certain terms should be self-explanatory or be obvious from context if you played this game for a long time.
    While I agree, my second reply in this post explains why it should be self-explanatory even without playing for a long time.

Now if you just use terms like BF (Brain Freeze), HS (Hot Streak), and AM (Arcane Missiles), those can definitely get confusing, even in a Mage-only forum, but I feel like most everyone should know what ST and AoE are at this point, especially when used together.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-09-25 at 07:32 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Whoops, bye Arcane, nice knowing you. That EE nerf, while necessary, should bring down AoE a peg.
    i havent done the math, but the 3% buff might be enough to balance it out. at least we can use other traits now. i might look into arcane pressure again for fortified. or just use generic traits that i can use with all speccs.

if 3 traits contribute to like 10% damage and it got nerfed by 35%, you lose 3,5%. close enough. now i dont know tho how much damage traits contribute, but i dont think it is that much more.
    Last edited by mmoca071fc0233; 2018-09-25 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    i havent done the math, but the 3% buff might be enough to balance it out. at least we can use other traits now. i might look into arcane pressure again for fortified. or just use generic traits that i can use with all speccs.

if 3 traits contribute to like 10% damage and it got nerfed by 35%, you lose 3,5%. close enough. now i dont know tho how much damage traits contribute, but i dont think it is that much more.
    Yeah I was exaggerating a tad. I'm sure Arcane will be fine but I'll stick to Frost until Fire gits gud.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

There is a difference between viable and preferred.

Arcanes damage may be fine and st is great, but looking at a damage breakdown of any +10 key and the majority is trash, doubly so on fortified weeks.

Frost brings more than just damage, this week on necrotic its amazing, the slows and kiting means more dps and more safety for everyone..

At lower keys it doesnt matter as much, but in 10+ keys, im taking a frost mage every time.

- - - Updated - - -

you are doing something seriously wrong

dps is never going to be low by just spamming Arcane Explosion and Arcane Blast.

And when Arcane Power is up you should destroy.

Dont even need Arcane Orb and all that other garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

mana on trash is rarely ever a problem even in +10 fortified teeming week I only once had a mana issue because I wasted Evo.

Even in those rare circumstances I can still greater invis and drink and because Arcane AOE dmg is pretty sick remain on top of the damage meter while my group finishes off the last stragglers.

Arcane is fine, the only thing Frost really has over Arcane is slow utility. Arcane can keep up with Frost on AOE and is better on ST.

I played all my keys with a Frost Mage while I was Arcane. I beat him on almost every pull and while I had a couple more Ilvl he had much better trinkets.

Also I feel like my gear is not in a good place for M+ right now because I have too much haste, not enough crit.
    You played with a bad fm, period.

Arcane has its place, 10+ keys is not it. Fm is literally the most represented spec, arcane is one of the least represented. There is a reason for that.

Yeah they are. But if i have to kite(and its all i do all day as DH tank) i would never pick a Fire/Arcane mage. The frost slow is just to good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabai View Post
    Yeah they are. But if i have to kite(and its all i do all day as DH tank) i would never pick a Fire/Arcane mage. The frost slow is just to good.
    After playing nothing but my Arcane Mage for the past couple of weeks, I rarely don't have some kind of slow on a target. Specially when I notice that I need to, to help. Chrono Shift + 4 Arcane Charge Barrage for AoE and Slow for ST. Either they didn't know what they were doing or sacrificed helping to instead look at their meters. Don't get me wrong, Arcane has other problems but kiting shouldn't be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinibe View Post
    After playing nothing but my Arcane Mage for the past couple of weeks, I rarely don't have some kind of slow on a target. Specially when I notice that I need to, to help. Chrono Shift + 4 Arcane Charge Barrage for AoE and Slow for ST. Either they didn't know what they were doing or sacrificed helping to instead look at their meters. Don't get me wrong, Arcane has other problems but kiting shouldn't be one of them.
    They simply don't have the toolkit.

A fm is just better in higher keys. Its really that simple.

Am is viable but it isn't preferred.

There is a reason that in timed 10+ keys, fm outnumber am 12 to 1. They are better.

Viable is not the same as preferred or better. Any high key pusher is going to take a fm over a am, which the numbers reflect.

Quote Originally Posted by TheViper View Post
    They simply don't have the toolkit.

A fm is just better in higher keys. Its really that simple.

Am is viable but it isn't preferred.

There is a reason that in timed 10+ keys, fm outnumber am 12 to 1. They are better.

Viable is not the same as preferred or better. Any high key pusher is going to take a fm over a am, which the numbers reflect.
    Not sure if you meant to Quote me, but I wasn't arguing for viability or their strength over Frost Mage. Just saying that if an Arcane Mage wasn't helping with kiting/slowing then they were doing something very wrong.

If only Arcane Mages could slow too....

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    If only Arcane Mages could slow too....
    Arcane mage can slow, just frost mage does it better, far better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheViper View Post

Arcane has its place, 10+ keys is not it. Fm is literally the most represented spec, arcane is one of the least represented. There is a reason for that.
    Your class representation argument is total bogus.

Your class representation argument is total bogus.
    How is it bogus? There is a million reasons why frost is better than arcane for m+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sitoy View Post
    How is it bogus? There is a million reasons why frost is better than arcane for m+
    Because class representation is influenced by a lot more factors than what is the best.

Also frost mage is established as fotm spec and carries around a reputation as being required for high keys which is in actuality bogus too.

This thread is about viability, Arcane is 100% viable in high keys.

I think he said exactly that. Both are viable but frost is just better for higher keys.

Clearly you dont play arcane.
    Arcane aoe is great. If you have 3x explosive echo it is absurd.
    Arcane is 100% viable.
    Yeah - AE,AE,AE,AE,ABar ... repeat on trash, you plough through the trash

All instant casts, most mobile caster AoE on the market

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - AE,AE,AE,AE,ABar ... repeat on trash, you plough through the trash

All instant casts, most mobile caster AoE on the market
    can ignore quaking too