Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    With my rogue, rather than try to remember the exact priority list of all the buffs, I just reroll true bearing, since I know that's at the bottom. I have definitely noticed a visible improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    With my rogue, rather than try to remember the exact priority list of all the buffs, I just reroll true bearing, since I know that's at the bottom. I have definitely noticed a visible improvement.
    You don't need to remember the ranking for all six buffs. The default reroll logic only checks for three things:

- Ruthless Precision
    - Grand Melee
    - 2+ of any kind whatsoever

You get either of those, you keep. Otherwise reroll.

Deadshot and Snake Eyes change that logic, but not only do they only substitute or take away (rather than adding) they also do so statically, i.e. it will always be that way if you've got the gear and won't change dynamically in the middle of the fight or anything.

I think it's not too much to keep track of, considering the rest of our rotation is so simple.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a player who took a 4-year leave from the game and thus only met Roll The Bones very recently I'm shocked that this stupid ability even exists. The idea that an ability can FAIL...and not by being dodged or parried or something like that...the ability itself can essentially FAIL and you have to do it again to get it to work properly is just so stupid. I have to say I enjoyed Combat a lot more in MoP with the insight mechanic than this bullshit.

I mean Blizzard has come up with very VERY stupid abilities for rogues in the past (Hunger for Blood anyone?), but this one really takes the cake. I just imagine they were in a meeting like "how do we make SnD interesting for Outlaw?" "Hey...I know! What if sometimes it would give you a shitty buff, and you had to keep recasting it until you got a good buff!" "wow, that sounds really shi-oh, is it lunch time? Alright we'll go with that...whatever...fuck rogues. Anyways...get a good lunch guys we're going to spend the rest of the day thinking of new ways to make Paladins OP."

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Loaded Dice being a talent sucks. SND which is a talent is supposed to replace RTB but it is not stronger. Alacrity wins by default and that is a failure of class design right there.
    And are Blizzard going to fix bad Class design? No. Because they are using all their time on Balancing Azerite Traits which nobody want anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    As a player who took a 4-year leave from the game and thus only met Roll The Bones very recently I'm shocked that this stupid ability even exists. The idea that an ability can FAIL...and not by being dodged or parried or something like that...the ability itself can essentially FAIL and you have to do it again to get it to work properly is just so stupid.
    But that's not how it works. RtB doesn't FAIL on bad rolls, you just end up with less damage. So you roll again, to get more out of it. Think of it as a finisher that deals a varying amount of damage, and your behavior is what influences how much. And you don't actually get bad rolls that much anymore. Plus with Snek you actually make use of RtB regardless of the roll outcome making it even more consistent.

SnD by contrast is a LOT less interesting, and a lot less skill-dependent. Just pressing one button every 30 seconds or whatever isn't exactly engaging gameplay.

As a player who took a 4-year leave from the game and thus only met Roll The Bones very recently I'm shocked that this stupid ability even exists. The idea that an ability can FAIL...and not by being dodged or parried or something like that...the ability itself can essentially FAIL and you have to do it again to get it to work properly is just so stupid. I have to say I enjoyed Combat a lot more in MoP with the insight mechanic than this bullshit.

I mean Blizzard has come up with very VERY stupid abilities for rogues in the past (Hunger for Blood anyone?), but this one really takes the cake. I just imagine they were in a meeting like "how do we make SnD interesting for Outlaw?" "Hey...I know! What if sometimes it would give you a shitty buff, and you had to keep recasting it until you got a good buff!" "wow, that sounds really shi-oh, is it lunch time? Alright we'll go with that...whatever...fuck rogues. Anyways...get a good lunch guys we're going to spend the rest of the day thinking of new ways to make Paladins OP."
    here is something you prob dont know.

I also come back to rogue in BFA for first time since wotlk.

Garrote does not require stealth.... its a big deal lol, played 4 weeks of bfa without knowing.

It doesn't fail. It "fails" the sim threshold. Even when you re-roll, you get a beneficial buff. There are also times where it doesn't make sense to re-roll, like having quick aoe burst. You're looking at it the wrong way - every roll is good for you, but some outcomes are better so you keep going until you get the desired outcome. It's not like you get 0 benefit from any of the rolls. I personally love it. Do you want to hit a button and forget about it for 40 seconds? How is that more fun?

on trash i wouldnt worry too much about what your rolling. on short boss fights in mythic (non tyrannical weeks) again you shouldnt worry about re rolling too much. But on longer mythic dungeon fights with tyrannical and raid boss its usually priority.
    The only single buffs you keep are Grand Melee or Ruthless Precision
    If you get any other single buff you re roll
    And then you keep any 2 buffs combo you roll
    RtB has always been about the rule of large numbers. I've had to re roll up to 9 times during a raid encounter before you get good buffs. That's the choice you make if your going to play outlaw because atm SnD isn't really a viable option for outlaw atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    And are Blizzard going to fix bad Class design? No. Because they are using all their time on Balancing Azerite Traits which nobody want anyway...
    True.

But at least make the Azerite traits interesting lol. When watching paint dry makes me happier than Azerite traits something went wrong....

- - - Updated - - -

It is bad.

I will save you the trouble because if you try to grasp the 'reroll logic" you might as well just switch to another spec....

so what do you do when you have two Snake Eyes pieces? you keep using sinister strike and reroll regardless of the buff? do you keep the good buffs or double buffs losing the snake eyes buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    so what do you do when you have two Snake Eyes pieces? you keep using sinister strike and reroll regardless of the buff? do you keep the good buffs or double buffs losing the snake eyes buff?
    Snake Build/What to do if you have Snake Eyes traits:
    -Use standard mainhand/offhand, and Snake Eye traits.
    -Rotation: Reroll RtB when out of Snake Eye buffs, dispatch (bte if RP is up or DS traits) if full combo points and Snake Eye buffs still up. Use other cds as the guide recommends, use pistol proc as usual.
    -Note: With 1+ snake eyes traits reroll anything that isn't 2+ buffs once you are out of snake eyes stack and with 3 snake eye traits reroll anything that isn't a five buff. Play standard outlaw rotation for the time you have these.

Source: Ravenholdt Discord

Deleted
    I played Outlaw at the start of BfA and the RNG is too much. Just go sin

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    ...with 3 snake eye traits reroll anything that isn't a five buff
    So, constantly reroll for the mythical 5-buff...?!? ;^p

Snake Build/What to do if you have Snake Eyes traits:
    -Use standard mainhand/offhand, and Snake Eye traits.
    -Rotation: Reroll RtB when out of Snake Eye buffs, dispatch (bte if RP is up or DS traits) if full combo points and Snake Eye buffs still up. Use other cds as the guide recommends, use pistol proc as usual.
    -Note: With 1+ snake eyes traits reroll anything that isn't 2+ buffs once you are out of snake eyes stack and with 3 snake eye traits reroll anything that isn't a five buff. Play standard outlaw rotation for the time you have these.

Source: Ravenholdt Discord
    Thank you very much sir.

I still use 1 Paradise lost trait... it doesn’t give you top parses but it makes the scenarios with bad RNG a little better. Especially on AOE.
    Unfortunately, Paradise Lost doesn't do much to change roll priority, particularly with RP and GM still being the best single rolls (because then you get to have your cake and eat it too -- already good single roll plus free agility for duration of roll).

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkeh View Post
    I played Outlaw at the start of BfA and the RNG is too much. Just go sin
    Yeah Outlaw has to be changed for people to take seriously but I have heard people doing cool stuff in mythic + due to cleave of BF.

Quote Originally Posted by Boil View Post
    So, constantly reroll for the mythical 5-buff...?!? ;^p
    Yes. And while that sounds jarring at first, keep in mind that you'll still have other buffs active all the time. You're just trading them in all the time, too.

Triple Snek is actually quite fun to play, but it is of course hindered by the simple facts that you a) will have a hard time getting three Snek pieces at high ilvl; and b) Reorigination Array will push raid pieces over the top in raid.

Yes. And while that sounds jarring at first, keep in mind that you'll still have other buffs active all the time. You're just trading them in all the time, too.

Triple Snek is actually quite fun to play, but it is of course hindered by the simple facts that you a) will have a hard time getting three Snek pieces at high ilvl; and b) Reorigination Array will push raid pieces over the top in raid.
    Is Triple Snek/SnD/Fast MH a thing anymore...?!?

So one would need to have a Triple Snek (RtB & Slow MH) armor set, & a Triple Uldir-traited armor set...

And then when a new raid comes out, a whole new Raid-traited armor set is needed...

Is Triple Snek/SnD/Fast MH a thing anymore...?!?
    Not really. There were some THEORETICAL setups that might see it come back in like perfect gear, but that was before a bunch of changes, and was making some rather unrealistic assumptions about gear in any case. For pretty much all intents and purposes, Meme Snek is dead. Real Snek is real, though.

So one would need to have a Triple Snek (RtB & Slow MH) armor set, & a Triple Uldir-traited armor set...

And then when a new raid comes out, a whole new Raid-traited armor set is needed...
    Well, that's assuming min/maxing to some pretty large degree. Realistically, the sheer ilvl advantage of raid pieces is likely going to be enough to make them better even without Reorigination Array. Since Azerite doesn't drop in M+ and can't forge, getting high ilvl on traits not available on raid gear is a matter of being EXTREMELY lucky in the weekly lottery. Blizzard's stated goal is "higher ilvl = upgrade", too, so this is unlikely to change.

I still use 1 Paradise lost trait... it doesn’t give you top parses but it makes the scenarios with bad RNG a little better. Especially on AOE.
    Snake Eyes is a better consolation for a bad roll than Paradise lost--and you still benefit from Snake Eyes even if you don't get a bad roll.